Author Topic: PBW Tonight: Vince Taylor and Wayne DeMilia Statements  (Read 10159 times)

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
Re: ProBbingWeekly Radio 7-17-06 Play-by-play
« Reply #100 on: July 18, 2006, 04:00:22 AM »

Are you sure you have an MBA???? 

That's the most racist and incorrect logic I've ever heard.  When I shop for magazines, I pick up MD whether it has Branch Warren or David Henry on it.  People buy magazines with subjects that relate to them, not who's on the cover.

Sigh...... ::)

Don't the reaser of Playboy that.  Pamela Anderson when she is on the cover outsells every issue prior.  Also when Sports Illustrated puts out their Swimsuit issue and tghe cover has the hottest chicks aroudn that issue too out sells all others.  Same with when they put hotties on Flex or M&F.  Same with when they put Arnold on the cover of M&F.  Sorry but the cover in 100% the most imporatnat thing about a magazine.  It is what people see first on the stand. 

gatrainer

• Getbig III
« Reply #101 on: July 18, 2006, 04:04:46 AM »

That's the most racist and incorrect logic I've ever heard. 

Racist??????Are you kidding me???   Not that Im a big fan of watching "Soul Train", but I have watched it, and Vince Im sure you get all your dance moves from the show....But EVERY single commerical has black actors....I mean every one of them.  All the McDonalds commercials they show during that segment are ones they have made with black actors.   They show tons of commericals selling hair products for blacks....all black actors...selling stuff like Soul Glow.

It has nothing to do with being a racist.  They find out who their target audience is and market items that interests them.

gatrainer

• Getbig III
« Reply #102 on: July 18, 2006, 04:05:29 AM »
Don't the reaser of         that.  Pamela Anderson when she is on the cover outsells every issue prior.  Also when Sports Illustrated puts out their Swimsuit issue and tghe cover has the hottest chicks aroudn that issue too out sells all others.  Same with when they put hotties on Flex or M&F.  Same with when they put Arnold on the cover of M&F.  Sorry but the cover in 100% the most imporatnat thing about a magazine.  It is what people see first on the stand. 
ditto

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: PBW Tonight: Vince Taylor and Wayne DeMilia Statements
« Reply #103 on: July 18, 2006, 04:33:03 AM »
That's the most racist and incorrect logic I've ever heard.  When I shop for magazines, I pick up MD whether it has Branch Warren or David Henry on it.  People buy magazines with subjects that relate to them, not who's on the cover.

I won't even address the fact that I've already classified you as an educated buyer (which puts you in a genre that transcends any labels) or that demographic research is used extensively when selecting marketing approaches.

I will address the fact that "THIS is the most racist and incorrect logic" you've "ever heard".  You're 30 years old, you live in the US, and you've worked in the corrections system.  And THIS - a de facto marketing practice - is the single most racist and incorrect logic you've ever witnessed? 

Dude, stop being a drama queen and read a few books about market segmentation. If you don't believe that socioeconomic, race, and gender play a major part in addition to prospect interests, needs, and goals, then, well...

NYC Rex

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #104 on: July 18, 2006, 06:59:14 AM »
In bodybuilding you have to market good bodybuilders.  PDI now has one.  That won't make for much of a contest.  It'll be like Priest guest posing at a state-level NPC show.

As for Europe, the IFBB has 4 new shows there this year.  Ronnie Coleman will be competing in 3 of them.  Bodybuilding fans won't be buying a ticket to see their own mediocre or awful countrymen compete in a PDI show if they can see Coleman compete on the Euro Tour against other IFBB pro's, very possibly for the last time.  Bodybuilding fans want to see the best bodybuilders.  They really don't care much about nationalism.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: July 18, 2006, 07:11:48 AM »
As for Europe, the IFBB has 4 new shows there this year.  Ronnie Coleman will be competing in 3 of them.

that is actually incredible news.  What 3 shows is Coleman doing? 

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #106 on: July 18, 2006, 07:25:11 AM »
that is actually incredible news.  What 3 shows is Coleman doing? 

What's incredible about it?
He did the last tour in 2004 too.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: July 18, 2006, 07:45:48 AM »
What's incredible about it?
He did the last tour in 2004 too.

that's pretty exciting news.  That would likely signify he plans on competing for 10 (who O champ wants to end their reign overseas?).  Also, with the gut mandate and a little luck, maybe someone will knock him off ala 2002. 

What 3 shows is Coleman committed to doing?

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #108 on: July 18, 2006, 07:59:53 AM »
I won't even address the fact that I've already classified you as an educated buyer (which puts you in a genre that transcends any labels) or that demographic research is used extensively when selecting marketing approaches.

I will address the fact that "THIS is the most racist and incorrect logic" you've "ever heard".  You're 30 years old, you live in the US, and you've worked in the corrections system.  And THIS - a de facto marketing practice - is the single most racist and incorrect logic you've ever witnessed? 

Dude, stop being a drama queen and read a few books about market segmentation. If you don't believe that socioeconomic, race, and gender play a major part in addition to prospect interests, needs, and goals, then, well...

Maybe for TV shows but not magazines which is what I'm referring to.  I don't think anyone is influenced as far as that goes unless its Playboy or something.  Generally people already know what magazine they are going to get and its usually not based on who's on the front cover.  Its based on subject of the magazine generally.
A

gatrainer

• Getbig III
« Reply #109 on: July 18, 2006, 08:27:58 AM »

Maybe for TV shows but not magazines which is what I'm referring to.  I don't think anyone is influenced as far as that goes unless its         or something.  Generally people already know what magazine they are going to get and its usually not based on who's on the front cover.  Its based on subject of the magazine generally.
going to have to disagree with you on that as well. Magazine companies want the best looking cover they can get....the whole idea behind it is that when you are strolling through the grocery store....their mag will catch your eye, and make you want to pick it up and buy it.  They are trying to reach the people who arent already subscribers....how do they do that??  VISUAL

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #110 on: July 18, 2006, 11:53:04 AM »
going to have to disagree with you on that as well. Magazine companies want the best looking cover they can get....the whole idea behind it is that when you are strolling through the grocery store....their mag will catch your eye, and make you want to pick it up and buy it.  They are trying to reach the people who arent already subscribers....how do they do that??  VISUAL

Exactly.  And why the hell are we debating with Vince who has proven day in and day out he basically talks out of his ass and no one listens.  I hope we didn't get some kind of diease from Vince just by debating him on this.  He knows nothing.  Here's another title you can give yourself Vince since you have proven how much you know about magazines

MEP  Master Editor and Pubisher

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #111 on: July 18, 2006, 11:57:07 AM »

Maybe for TV shows but not magazines which is what I'm referring to.  I don't think anyone is influenced as far as that goes unless its Playboy or something.  Generally people already know what magazine they are going to get and its usually not based on who's on the front cover.  Its based on subject of the magazine generally.

I hear this limited edition issue didn't do too well.............

HAHA, RON.....

MercedesKhani

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • The first Persian IFBB Figure Pro
« Reply #112 on: July 18, 2006, 12:06:04 PM »

OMG, I love getbig! LMAO!!  ;D

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #113 on: July 18, 2006, 12:24:11 PM »

Awesome Gordo