Author Topic: WEEKLY NFL TALK  (Read 5244 times)

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
Re: WEEKLY NFL TALK
« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2006, 06:24:35 PM »
Troy Polamalu is a hottie!
Anyone else? What about the CFL? The thread's not that serious.  ;)

body88

« Reply #51 on: October 22, 2006, 06:26:45 PM »
You've basically admitted that all major concerns-o-line and RB, are over, leaving only the defence. Not that this is a small matter, but you don't seem to comprehend that there are no great teams out there, all are flawed. This is clearly the best Colt's team yet, given the added experience-past playoffs don't support your supposition about their past excellent i'm afraid.  ;D

I do not think the colts are as talented as they have been in the past. I could be wrong. They are a tough team. I will not argue with you there.

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #52 on: October 22, 2006, 06:28:41 PM »
anybody else see mcnabb puke on the feild today?  ;D

yea that was great.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: October 22, 2006, 06:32:20 PM »
Quote from: blinky on Today at 05:55:28 PM
anybody else see mcnabb puke on the feild today? 

yea that was great.

Fairly common; I thought the game would've been good enough to avoid trivia like that.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #54 on: October 22, 2006, 06:33:06 PM »
Anyone else? What about the CFL? The thread's not that serious despite some dumbasses here.  ;)

Alain Kashama, formerly of the Seattle SeaHawks is a real sweetie as well.
That's all for now. I don't want Body88 to have a kanipfit   :)
w

body88

« Reply #55 on: October 22, 2006, 06:33:42 PM »
Alain Kashama, formerly of the Seattle SeaHawks is a real sweetie as well.
That's all for now. I don't want Body88 to have a kanipfit   :)

Pfffffft!!!!

Its ok carry on!!!!!!!

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: October 22, 2006, 06:34:27 PM »
I do not think the colts are as talented as they have been in the past. I could be wrong. They are a tough team. I will not argue with you there.
Their main problem in the past was psychological IMO. With their experience now and a better kicker they're potentially a better team in the post season, not the regular season, unless the defence really lets them down.

body88

« Reply #57 on: October 22, 2006, 06:36:01 PM »
Their main problem in the past was psychological IMO. With their experience now and a better kicker they're potentially a better team in the post season, not the regular season, unless the defence really lets them down.

Do you think the bears are overrated?

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: October 22, 2006, 06:45:12 PM »

We have to play the vikings next week at home. They looked pretty good today :-X

not so much as the seahawks looked bad. haselback looked brutal in the 2nd quarter.then he got hurt and....................

and with alexander out for a couple more weeks its even worse

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: October 22, 2006, 06:49:50 PM »
Fairly common; I thought the game would've been good enough to avoid trivia like that.

then dont comment on it

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: October 22, 2006, 06:56:11 PM »
Do you think the bears are overrated?
No, because they've been good. What's the concensus on them? Unless they're considered a great team which i haven't heard yet, they're deserving.

then dont comment on it
Follow your own advice and STFU. ;D

When Arizona Cardinals head coach Dennis Green fired offensive coordinator Keith Rowen just 12 hours after the Cardinals blew a 20-point lead to the Chicago Bears, the implication was clear: Rowen was calling the plays when the Cardinals went Rick Santorum-conservative in the second half, and Green blamed Rowen for the Cardinals' loss. But Don Banks of SI.com reports that some in the league are saying Green was behind the horrendous decision to keep giving the ball to Edgerrin James.

Rowen is said to believe that he has been wrongly damaged by his firing/demotion, and wants to bring to light the fact that he wasn't calling plays for the Cardinals as their collapse unfolded Monday night. According to a league source close to the situation, Green took over the play calling at times from late in the second quarter on, after Arizona had built a 17-0 lead. The source said it was Green's plan heading into the game -- providing the Cardinals had a lead to protect -- to run Edgerrin James from a power formation, with two tight ends and two running backs, for much of the second half in an attempt to eat the clock.

Rowen has filed a grievance against the team, saying he was actually fired and not demoted and should therefore be allowed to collect his salary while staying home for the next 10 weeks. In any event, even if the offensive coordinator is calling the plays, the head coach is standing there with a headset on listening to the calls. If Green wanted to change the calls, he could have. He chose not to. If Rowen is out of a job, Green should follow him out the door.

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: October 23, 2006, 01:00:11 AM »

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #62 on: October 23, 2006, 01:39:42 AM »
:'(

Ah poor blinky... I know, ...some guys just don't know how to appreciate a guy who brings great avatars   :'(
w

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: October 23, 2006, 03:11:43 AM »
Ah poor blinky... I know, ...some guys just don't know how to appreciate a guy who brings great avatars   :'(

well thank you  ;)

some people are so insensitive  :'(   ;D

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #64 on: October 23, 2006, 07:27:34 AM »
the colts had a great kicker before viniateri
Valhalla awaits.

body88

« Reply #65 on: October 23, 2006, 07:44:53 AM »

Vinateri is a great kicker. Helped us win alot of big games out here in NE. His only drawback is his kickoffs :-X

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: October 23, 2006, 08:30:54 AM »
The previous kicker was very good but not great thanks to playoff performances or lackoff.

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: October 29, 2006, 01:30:02 PM »
man do the seahawks need alexander back  :-\

good game though

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: October 29, 2006, 04:20:31 PM »
another impressive 4th quarter drive by manning to get the win.

hes still not a playoff man but holy hell can he march the ball down the feild in the 4th

body88

« Reply #69 on: October 29, 2006, 04:33:06 PM »
man do the seahawks need alexander back  :-\

good game though

I hope they keep losing. We have that first round pic from them down here in NE. No offense!

body88

« Reply #70 on: October 29, 2006, 04:34:13 PM »
another impressive 4th quarter drive by manning to get the win.

hes still not a playoff man but holy hell can he march the ball down the feild in the 4th

It was  impressive. But they have absolutely no defense against the run.  Any team with a good pass rush and running game can beat them. Manning is a beast. Have to admit it.

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: October 29, 2006, 04:54:41 PM »

I hope they keep losing. We have that first round pic from them down here in NE. No offense!

ya thats right...the one for branch right? who made a fantastic catch today  btw  :o

if they can get alexander and haselback back playin soon they should start winning again. although senaca wallace looked good at qb today.

their run defence was brutal today...lost them the game  >:(

body88

« Reply #72 on: October 29, 2006, 04:57:45 PM »
ya thats right...the one for branch right? who made a fantastic catch today  btw  :o

if they can get alexander and haselback back playin soon they should start winning again. although senaca wallace looked good at qb today.

their run defence was brutal today...lost them the game  >:(

Branch is a great player. He will do you right.  Alexander is a beast. Like you said. When he comes back you guys will be back on track.I like the sea hawks. We need that pick to be high!

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: November 05, 2006, 05:28:26 PM »
game tonight with pats/colts should be awesome, although im a colts fan and hate the pats i think the pats will win..................fvc k i hope im wrong. :'(

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: November 05, 2006, 09:03:57 PM »
brady 4int's..........who the hell would have thunk  :-\

glad the colts won.played better than the pats today