Author Topic: Isnt this pathetic!!  (Read 4261 times)

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Isnt this pathetic!!
« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2007, 09:31:50 PM »
typical frat boy workout, arms, chest, and shoulders..........7 days a week

jonsande

• Getbig II
« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2007, 01:22:22 AM »
You bench more then you squat too then?

That's the most idiotic I ever heard. Unlike the bench your whole body is involved in squats. If you can bench more then you squat you

a have never squated before or

b created some serieus inconsisties in your body.

In general do powerlifters, who do little else than get as strong as possible in both exercises, lift more in the squat or in the bench?

I agree.  Being able to bench more than you can squat is just ridiculous. 

To be honest the distance the weight moves in a squat is at least twice distance weight is moved during a flat bench press.  Also, in a squat there is no pad to lay on to balance your body.  Squats require much more balance than any bench press. 

You are comparing two different things here 1) a completely free weight exercise like squat and 2) a partial free weight movement in which the body is stabilized from head to ass.  Therefore, since squat require a person to move the weight farther AND require more balance, the weight used on bench press should probably be more or equal to your squatting weight.

Using the "logic" of this thread a bigger muscle should be a stronger muscle.  If you say, "Hey the legs are contain much more muscle mass so therefore, the weight used on squats should be greater than the weight used on bench press."  Then, using your logic, the back muscles (which are much, much larger than the pectorals) should be stronger than the chest. How many of you 315 lb bench pressers use the same on rows?  How often do you make of fun guys who bench 495 but are never seen rowing even 315??

While I respect your opinion Fulgorre, there's no possible way that I can agree with your statement.  I'm not saying that there aren't exceptions, but I don't think that it's at all reasonable to say that being able to bench more than you can squat is normal.  I think the fact that most people can pull more than they squat, and squat more than they bench speaks volumes in itself. 

Besides, the whole point of the original post was to point out the fact that this character trains in the manner of a typical frat boy with no attention to the lower body at all.  Assuming that this guy actually trained with squats equally or more than he trained with bench press, what you say would have a lot more accuracy if he still for some reason couldn't squat shit.  But since I don't think it's the case that he trains squats regularly (if at all) as shown through him falling on his ass at the rack, I don't think that what you said applies to his situation at all.   

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2007, 01:38:37 AM »
How is that pathetic?

asking this question disqualifies you for everything related to BB.

You're the dude in my gym that does biceps curls in the squat rack i presume...

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2007, 04:55:37 AM »

You're the dude in my gym that does biceps curls in the squat rack i presume...

HAHAHAHAHA Yes, I love the guys who use the squat rack for everything but squats.
I

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2007, 06:02:59 AM »

brilliant...lol

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2007, 07:04:48 AM »
How am i "fucking stupid" because someone else can't squat more then they bench and i don't see it as pathetic.

You are stupid because you mindlessly follow the Adonis principles.
The House that Ruth built