Author Topic: Imus makes 2nd racist remark!  (Read 5026 times)

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
Re: Imus makes 2nd racist remark!
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2007, 09:44:53 AM »
I understand that, but do you think there would no outrage if the media just ignored these non-issues that Sharpton loves to jump on? Plus I've live in New York and from my observations there is a lot support for Sharpton and race baiting.
If you think about it, you're conditioned to look for the pictures that have been painted in your mind.  If you only look at what's been given to you, you won't be able to see beyond that.  Example: You hear a generalization on the radio that "all black women are loud", then when you're out in the public and let's say you've passed 10 black females, and 3 of the 10 are loud....you're telling me that you aren't going to think back to that radio soundbyte and conclude that, indeed, ALL black women are loud?  Of course you are!  But the truth of the matter is, 7 of those 10 black females were no different than anyone else you encounter, but since you had that picture painted in your mind, you went with that.

See my point?

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
  • SquadFathers mom gave me a BJ
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2007, 09:45:37 AM »
Has Al Sharpton ever raised money for sickle cell research or really anything to help the black man?  nope.
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

insidescoop

• Getbig II
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2007, 09:46:55 AM »
Why doesnt some BLACK leader get on the airwaves and decry the constant "guy" "mo fo" "bitches and "hoes" references on black radio/television almost constantly??  

The black community wont get the respect it wants from others until it RESPECTS ITSELF.  
BOTTOM LINE

Yeah, get bent for some old, white idiot repeating what is easily identified as a "black phrase" anyway......

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2007, 09:47:04 AM »
Has Al Sharpton ever raised money for sickle cell research or really anything to help the black man?  nope.
He would if he got a 50% cut the purse.   :P

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2007, 09:48:58 AM »
Why doesnt some BLACK leader get on the airwaves and decry the constant "####" "mo fo" "bitches and "hoes" references on black radio/television almost constantly??

They DO!!!! You just don't hear about it from mainstream media......

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2007, 09:50:07 AM »
Bravo on Colossus' previous post.
Jag, it's nice to be in agreement with you for once, instead of having your foot on my neck!  lol   :P

insidescoop

• Getbig II
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2007, 09:53:57 AM »

okay ..... .who said what and when....Bill Cosby (who usually gets blasted for his comments) doesnt count....what SANE voice reps the black community?

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2007, 09:59:32 AM »
okay ..... .who said what and when....Bill Cosby (who usually gets blasted for his comments) doesnt count....what SANE voice reps the black community?
Star Parker
Rev. Jesse Lee Patterson (read his book "SCAM", it talks about Sharpton and Jackson)
Rev. Ken Hutcherson
Wellington Boone
Walter Williams
Thomas Sowell
Larry Elder

the list goes on!!!!

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2007, 09:59:55 AM »
I don't think Bush, Rush, Gringrich etc speak for all whites, the same way I wouldn't assume Sharpton speaks for all blacks, or Hillary for all women.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2007, 10:03:28 AM »
how convenient that you dismess Bill Cosby and his statements.   ::)  Where it not for him, then you could stick to your theory as far as hearing from blacks against all of this in the media.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2007, 10:04:06 AM »
I don't think Bush, Rush, Gringrich etc speak for all whites, the same way I wouldn't assume Sharpton speaks for all blacks, or Hillary for all women.
Great point, bro!!!!  ;D

anvil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2007, 10:08:14 AM »
Star Parker
Rev. Jesse Lee Patterson (read his book "SCAM", it talks about Sharpton and Jackson)
Rev. Ken Hutcherson
Wellington Boone
Walter Williams
Thomas Sowell
Larry Elder

the list goes on!!!!

Walter Williams is great, I'd love to hear his opinion about this "story"  8)

Anyway, I'm betting Imus' quote is true anyway: some of them may be quite nappy headed and some of them are undoubtedly hos.  Not a classy comment to make, but no one has the right to go through life without ever being offended.  Mountain out of mole hills.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2007, 10:12:55 AM »
This guy goes on Al Sharptons Radio show and uses another racial slur.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/04102007/news/nationalnews/imus_gets_the_old_heave_ho_nationalnews_john_mazor_and_david_k__li.htm

What are you're thoughts.

Sharptons an Idiot..........Imus make a racial slur (and should be fired for it) but the "black leaders" make comments like that all the time and nothing happends Reference Jesse Jackson calling NY "hymie town" and nothing happends to him, but then again I guess you have to have job to be suspended or fired........I'm sorry, what does Jesse Jackson do for a living again?

insidescoop

• Getbig II
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2007, 10:14:30 AM »
how convenient that you dismess Bill Cosby and his statements.   ::)  Where it not for him, then you could stick to your theory as far as hearing from blacks against all of this in the media.

Bill Cosby is great...and criticized everytime he says something contrary to the usual "VICTIM" mentality taht jackson and Sharpton promote....hes outspoken (and right) but few would say he speaks for the general black mindset in this country

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2007, 10:23:12 AM »
Before we get off on this tangent in generalizing about all blacks, let me clarify that the likes of Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson DO NOT speak for me, nor do they represent my viewpoints. 

Having said that, I think we should also take a look at the source who brings about these 'racist' statements to the public's attention.....the media.  It's never a story until they present it in a package that they know will get the public riled up.  The media continually misleads people to think folks like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson speak for ALL blacks, or minorities in general.  The truth is, these guys are snakes who are hungry for the media's attention.  And with predictable ignorance, the media falls hook-line-sinker EVERY time for it. 

The view of what you see and hear in the media is NOT reality.  You have to dig alot deeper than what you hear over the radio, or see on television.  Remember, the media only has your attention for 30 minutes to an hour.  They can't get their entire agenda out to you, but they can split it up into soundbites and quick imagery to paint the broad picture of what they want you know, which again, isn't necessarily always the truth. 

I guess I'm just asking you to dig a little deeper and not generalize so much.

I completely agree.  I'm not defending the remarks by Imus, but the media always plays the race card, fans the flames, etc.  It really bothers me.   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2007, 10:26:32 AM »
Star Parker
Rev. Ken Hutcherson
Wellington Boone
Walter Williams
Thomas Sowell
Larry Elder

the list goes on!!!!

Who? 

KIDDING!   :D  In other words, people the liberal media don't want to highlight.  Why didn't CNN run to Thomas Sowell for comments after this Imus incident? 

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2007, 10:40:29 AM »
Who? 

KIDDING!   :D  In other words, people the liberal media don't want to highlight.  Why didn't CNN run to Thomas Sowell for comments after this Imus incident? 

Oh brother.. The "liberal" media..

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2007, 10:43:00 AM »

Oh brother.. The "liberal" media..

Yes, the liberal media, they only report what THEY want you to believe!

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2007, 11:05:58 AM »
Nappy headed ho's.
Nappy headed ho's.
Nappy headed ho's.
Nappy headed ho's.
Nappy headed ho's.
Nappy headed ho's.
Nappy headed ho's.
Nappy headed ho's.
Nappy headed ho's.
Nappy headed ho's.
Nappy headed ho's.
Nappy headed ho's.
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2007, 11:09:41 AM »
Before we get off on this tangent in generalizing about all blacks, let me clarify that the likes of Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson DO NOT speak for me, nor do they represent my viewpoints. 

Having said that, I think we should also take a look at the source who brings about these 'racist' statements to the public's attention.....the media.  It's never a story until they present it in a package that they know will get the public riled up.  The media continually misleads people to think folks like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson speak for ALL blacks, or minorities in general.  The truth is, these guys are snakes who are hungry for the media's attention.  And with predictable ignorance, the media falls hook-line-sinker EVERY time for it. 

The view of what you see and hear in the media is NOT reality.  You have to dig alot deeper than what you hear over the radio, or see on television.  Remember, the media only has your attention for 30 minutes to an hour.  They can't get their entire agenda out to you, but they can split it up into soundbites and quick imagery to paint the broad picture of what they want you know, which again, isn't necessarily always the truth. 

I guess I'm just asking you to dig a little deeper and not generalize so much.

I agree with Colossus!

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2007, 11:11:27 AM »
Nappy headed ho's.
Nappy headed ho's.
Nappy headed ho's.
Nappy headed ho's.
Nappy headed ho's.
Nappy headed ho's.
Nappy headed ho's.
Nappy headed ho's.
Nappy headed ho's.
Nappy headed ho's.
Nappy headed ho's.
Nappy headed ho's.

Well, at least we know you won't be going after any black children........good going, racist!

dorkeroo

• Getbig IV
  • I need steroids for the brain.
« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2007, 11:15:49 AM »

You know it is nice to have someone such as yourself posting here. I think many including myself appreciate the cool head you have used in informing people here.

I, like many young white people sometimes have a hard time seeing past issues like these and a LOT of resentment can build up feeling that we have to make amends for the mistakes of our ancestors in ways that are often (like in the case with "you people") seen as ridiculous.

Furthermore, I appreciate the poster that said that people do not associate all white people with someone like Bush, however, as much as I would like to say I agree that it is contextual and pertinent, I don't think it is. There is a climate of racial responsibility that white people in particular have to be careful about while it would seem every other skin tone gets a free pass to do and say anything they want.

I think it is a real shame that if what you say is true, that people like Obama don't denounce Sharpton's past and present mindset. It is a shame that people like Oprah do not show support for a more colorblind society by holding "influential" members of the black community more accountable for the hatreds so obviously permeating people everywhere of every color.

Anyways, I guess it is too bad the inequalities and hard feelings so many harbor towards each other appear to be here to stay for the time being until mainstream media and all communities come together and respect each other and themselves.

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2007, 11:19:31 AM »
I think everyone that is up in arms about IMUS words simply don't listen to his show.  hell he makes fun of everyone, called a jew a beanie cap wearing jew boy. 
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

George Stinky Bush

• Getbig IV
  • Whose down with OPP
« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2007, 11:25:18 AM »
I think everyone that is up in arms about IMUS words simply don't listen to his show.  hell he makes fun of everyone, called a jew a beanie cap wearing jew boy. 
I agree, he was always messing around. He is so far from controversial it is ridiculous. However, I still think he is bird poop. To me he is not funny. His humour is like a 3rd grader and is not original. However, he should be protected by the first amendment.
Only one girl had nappy hair by the way.
young hov

Weightpit

• Getbig III
  • Remember Sharon Tate...Carpe Diem
« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2007, 11:41:17 AM »
it makes me sick how every white person who makes a remark that even remotely sounds "racist" feels that they have to go on Al Sharpton's radio show and apologize, fucck Al Sharpton and fu.ck all the PC assholes.

Thank YOU!! I totally agree - Al Sharpton is one of the biggest racists around.......but that's okay, I guess.