Author Topic: Poll: Most Americans support new gun control measures  (Read 748 times)

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Poll: Most Americans support new gun control measures
« on: January 14, 2013, 03:08:28 PM »
Source: WaPo

Most Americans support tough new measures to combat gun violence, including a ban on assault weapons and posting armed guards at every school, according to a new Washington Post-ABC News poll.

More than half of all Americans — 52 percent in the new poll — say the Newtown shootings made them more supportive of gun control; just 5 percent say they are now less apt to back tighter restrictions. Most also are at least somewhat worried about a mass shooting in their own community, with concern jumping to 65 percent among those with school-age children at home.

The findings, which also show broad bipartisan support for requiring mandatory background checks for buyers at gun shows, come as President Obama said Monday he will lay out specific White House proposals on gun control legislation and executive actions this week.

Read more: http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/obama-says-hell-offer-plans-to-stem-gun-violence-this-week/2013/01/14/b7ad8ea8-5e6c-11e2-90a0-73c8343c6d61_story.html

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
Re: Poll: Most Americans support new gun control measures
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 04:10:31 PM »

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 08:18:52 PM »
Yaaaayyyyyy, opinion polls only matter when they support your stance!!!!!

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 08:34:31 PM »
Bullshit.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2013, 08:36:39 PM »
I'll believe the poll taken by Gallup, an objective polling organization over the one conducted by an MSM source with a leftist bent.  ::)

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2013, 08:37:33 PM »
I'm pretty sure anyone can come up with a poll to show whatever results that they want... all you have to do is look to the previous election to figure that out.

I don't trust ANY poll, they're all too easily manipulated and usually wind up being bullshit.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2013, 08:51:17 PM »
I'm pretty sure anyone can come up with a poll to show whatever results that they want...
yes, but they only matter when they support your stance....

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2013, 05:02:13 AM »
Well if we're only posting links:

https://www.nrafoundation.org/donate/donate.aspx

If you don't want to be banned or keep having your posts deleted or moved, saying more could be a good idea for you.

just curious does this rule apply to everyone, my link was relevant to the topic at hand yours is just because it's against my answer

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2013, 05:22:06 AM »
If you don't want to be banned or keep having your posts deleted or moved, saying more could be a good idea for you.

just curious does this rule apply to everyone, my link was relevant to the topic at hand yours is just because it's against my answer
Deserved sarcasm,... Come on, the least you could do is copy a portion of your linked material as a common courtesy...  Do I really need to make a rule for it? ::)  That's been a given you should do at least that much even when we posted political shit on general before this forum.  

Don't just post a link, copy a few lines or more but not all and link the rest.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2013, 05:28:52 AM »
Deserved sarcasm,... Come on, the least you could do is copy a portion of your linked material as a common courtesy...  Do I really need to make a rule for it? ::)  That's been a given you should do at least that much even when we posted political shit on general before this forum.  

Don't just post a link, copy a few lines or more but not all and link the rest.

ok  :)

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2013, 05:31:41 AM »
I'll believe the poll taken by Gallup, an objective polling organization over the one conducted by an MSM source with a leftist bent.  ::)

You mean the Gallup who had Romney as the winner?

Sorry but that one was obvious :P