Author Topic: So size does matter in a fight  (Read 6167 times)

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
Re: So size does matter in a fight
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2020, 01:22:20 AM »
This is why I'm taking cell tech and nitro tech to get HUGGEEEE

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2020, 01:58:14 AM »
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10156911866066643&id=12714756642&anchor_composer=false

Darren, what do you make of this boxer from Thunder Bay, Canada [Colin Sangster] fighting 412-lb boxer and MMA fighter Andrew Case-Allan, in a boxing match held in Minneapolis just over two months ago?:

Here is the full fight - including the introductions and other content, the video is 12 minutes long:

Here is a shorter two minute video, just showing Case-Allan's strong knockdown of 272-lb Colin Sangster, and the conclusion of the fight [SPOILER AHEAD] where Colin Sangster knocks out Case-Allan, making Sangster the first fighter [in either boxing or MMA] to finish Case-Allan:

After watching the fight above, I decided to do a search for Andrew Case-Allan online, and found this MMA fight.  I was very impressed with how fast he was, and how much stamina he had, for a fighter weighing over 400-lb!

I would look at a guy like him and think - geez, what a powerhouse!  I bet he crushes all.  But at the same time, I might also stop and think "I wonder if he is just an obese guy who can't fight, and would get winded fast?"  I would probably think it is some combination of the two.  But after seeing him fight, I am very impressed with him.  I have never seen a guy over 400-lb move that fast, and be able to fight for so long.  I'm weighing around 168-lb as of right this minute, and I can't imagine I would be able to last this long in a fight.  Granted, I don't train for fighting, but I am generally pretty fit and athletic - but this is definitely the handiwork of a trained combat sportsman:

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2020, 02:28:52 AM »
In 2017 Rizin Grand Prix , Mirko CroCop TKO (knee to the body) + 400lb Baruto in 50 seconds  ::)
Or when CroCop shattered 350 lbs Bob Sapp's orbital and Sapp went down crying like a babie

saying that size matters up untill a certain cutoff, where the size hinders speed and agility too much. In the heavyweights that cutoff seems to be around 230-240 lbs

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2020, 02:33:16 AM »
Stipe Miocic nr.1 heavyweight for quite a few years now- 105 kg

Daniel Cormier nr.2- 107 kg

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2020, 02:35:33 AM »
The most dangerous man in the world at any weight

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2020, 02:44:55 AM »
I remember my very first Jiu-Jitsu lesson was a one on one session with Royce Gracie back in 1991. Before you could join the group class you had to complete a certain number of private lessons so that you could get a decent base before you could join the group class. One of the first things he said to me was that in our training we always assume that our opponent is bigger and stronger than we are. That in Jiu-Jitsu size doesn't matter. I remember thinking how much bullshit that was. But I also reminded myself was that the main reason I was there (I really had no love for grappling/wrestling) was I had just seen Royce kick someone's ass from another martial art who was bigger than Royce in a no rules bare-knuckle fight. who came in hoping to cash in on the Gracie challenge (you would get 10 grand if you could beat one of the Gracies). But, still, I also knew that if I could get an exact clone of Royce except 50 pounds of muscle heavier and six inches taller that the original Royce would be destroyed.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2020, 03:14:01 AM »
I remember my very first Jiu-Jitsu lesson was a one on one session with Royce Gracie back in 1991. Before you could join the group class you had to complete a certain number of private lessons so that you could get a decent base before you could join the group class. One of the first things he said to me was that in our training we always assume that our opponent is bigger and stronger than we are. That in Jiu-Jitsu size doesn't matter. I remember thinking how much bullshit that was. But I also reminded myself was that the main reason I was there (I really had no love for grappling/wrestling) was I had just seen Royce kick someone's ass from another martial art who was bigger than Royce in a no rules bare-knuckle fight. who came in hoping to cash in on the Gracie challenge (you would get 10 grand if you could beat one of the Gracies). But, still, I also knew that if I could get an exact clone of Royce except 50 pounds of muscle heavier and six inches taller that the original Royce would be destroyed.

but that larger version may not be as fast and flexible because of the added mass and would almost certainly gas sooner

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2020, 03:27:20 AM »
Size is just one part of the equation, the others are skill, training, speed, agility, power and genetics.

72 kg (5'8 ) Thai boxer vs 107 kg (6'3) Kickboxing champion:
(Thai boxer was not allowed to elbow, knee or clinch)

75 kg MMA fighter vs 185 kg boxer

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2020, 03:28:30 AM »
Little guy should have went for the balls numerous times.
Or one well timed shot to the chin.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2020, 04:31:48 AM »
but that larger version may not be as fast and flexible because of the added mass and would almost certainly gas sooner

Pay attention. I said exact clone. Everything is equal except the size. It's called a hypothetical. Look it up.

"Classic joswift" just saying shit just to say shit and start an argument.

BTW, there is zero correlation between muscle size and muscle flexibility.  

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2020, 05:12:38 AM »
Pay attention. I said exact clone. Everything is equal except the size. It's called a hypothetical. Look it up.

A bigger "exact clone" would still use more oxygen and as such gas sooner, or are they both in unique environment bubbles of their own..

And an exact clone couldnt differ in any way because it wouldn't be an exact clone

Try putting some thought in your posts you pixie headed fuckwit

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2020, 05:14:38 AM »

I wonder why Greg Kovacs wiped his arse with a rag on a stick it that were true..

irishdave

• Getbig V
  • It ain’t over ‘TIL it’s over
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2020, 05:18:21 AM »
A good big guy beats a good small guy

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2020, 05:42:12 AM »
:o You are a genius

friedchickendinner

• Getbig IV
  • I've had it
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2020, 06:10:07 AM »
I find it much easier to add a friend to the fight, than to add my friends bulk to myself.

irishdave

• Getbig V
  • It ain’t over ‘TIL it’s over
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2020, 08:03:09 AM »
I find it much easier to add a friend to the fight, than to add my friends bulk to myself.
Blacks can’t fight fair

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2020, 09:14:24 AM »

No.

Look at Mike Tyson and Rocky Marciano, both 5'10 and destroying much bigger and taller guys.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2020, 10:49:15 AM »
No.

Look at Mike Tyson and Rocky Marciano, both 5'10 and destroying much bigger and taller guys.

Those are GREAT small (or smaller) men, beating good big (or bigger) men.

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2020, 11:58:26 AM »
The true UFC champion Martyn Ford is 330lbs

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2020, 12:26:36 PM »
The true UFC champion Martyn Ford is 330lbs

Darren, who would you prefer to have sweaty mansex with:

Joswift
Matt C
Abraham G
Martyn Ford
Primemuscle

I will check back for your answer.

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2020, 12:57:14 PM »
Size does matter

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2020, 01:37:44 PM »
A bigger "exact clone" would still use more oxygen and as such gas sooner, or are they both in unique environment bubbles of their own..

And an exact clone couldnt differ in any way because it wouldn't be an exact clone

Try putting some thought in your posts you pixie headed fuckwit

"fuckwit?" U mad, bro? Of course, you are. You always try to portray yourself as someone with deeper inside knowledge of subjects you really know nothing about. Everybody knows what I mean by an "exact clone" which I further qualified as saying everything is equal except size. So a Royce Gracie exactly scaled up to be 50 pounds bigger would include increased heart and lung capacity as well as flexibility and skill. I realize this is something you overlooked or never knew but nobody else had trouble following my line of reasoning.

I try to avoid you as much as possible as you're a dick and just not a good human being
but it's hard to restrain myself as I continue to run into your ignorant and snarky comments you make on this board. Just needlessly hassling Jade who went through a very difficult and life-threatening time. Just a nasty person. Making laughable points like "An argument can be made that we should be walking on all fours." Or saying that it's pointless to try to make a lot of money because the more you make the harder it is to make more. LOL! What an ignoramus!

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2020, 01:41:30 PM »
I wonder why Greg Kovacs wiped his arse with a rag on a stick it that were true..

And did he gain flexibility after losing a lot of muscle mass after he retired? Are skinny people all flexible and muscle bound people all inflexible?

If you are on a consistent stretching and flexibility program you will be more flexible than you would normally be regardless of muscle mass. Not complicated except for someone like you.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2020, 01:44:54 PM »

Not according to joswift. If you are bigger then you automatically have less cardio and flexibility. The toughest guy in the world are midgets with anorexia.

This is coming from an expert who has never been in a real fight in his life. He's a prissy, little turd that would hide behind his wife's skirt then defend himself.

Teutonic Knight 1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: April 04, 2020, 01:47:34 PM »