Author Topic: So size does matter in a fight  (Read 6102 times)

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
Re: So size does matter in a fight
« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2020, 01:49:48 PM »
No.

Look at Mike Tyson and Rocky Marciano, both 5'10 and destroying much bigger and taller guys.

A good big guy loses to a better little guy. Come on, it's not complicated. Superior size, and therefore strength is an advantage. This along with height. It's one of the reasons Jon Jones has dominated his weight class. By the time he enters the cage he's heavier and much taller than his opponents. He has had the hardest times fighting those closer to his height.

If size didn't matter why bother with weight classes? Why is this even an issue except for someone clueless like joswift.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2020, 01:51:29 PM »

Those are GREAT small (or smaller) men, beating good big (or bigger) men.

x2. To be able to make a fair comparison you have to assume all else is equal except for size. This requires thinking hypothetically and using common sense.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Brian had a probation officer but wasnt a criminal
« Reply #52 on: April 04, 2020, 02:07:22 PM »
"fuckwit?" U mad, bro? Of course, you are. You always try to portray yourself as someone with deeper inside knowledge of subjects you really know nothing about. Everybody knows what I mean by an "exact clone" which I further qualified as saying everything is equal except size. So a Royce Gracie exactly scaled up to be 50 pounds bigger would include increased heart and lung capacity as well as flexibility and skill. I realize this is something you overlooked or never knew but nobody else had trouble following my line of reasoning.

I try to avoid you as much as possible as you're a dick and just not a good human being
but it's hard to restrain myself as I continue to run into your ignorant and snarky comments you make on this board. Just needlessly hassling Jade who went through a very difficult and life-threatening time. Just a nasty person. Making laughable points like "An argument can be made that we should be walking on all fours." Or saying that it's pointless to try to make a lot of money because the more you make the harder it is to make more. LOL! What an ignoramus!

Because you have such a low opinion of me you totally over reacted to my post, imagine if someone else had written it, would you have responded in the way you did?
but that larger version may not be as fast and flexible because of the added mass and would almost certainly gas sooner
size has trade offs

It was in no way confrontational or any any way detrimental, it was an observation on your post, if you want to be an ass and start up like a fucking baby again I can do it all day.

Grow the fuck up and get back in your box

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: April 04, 2020, 02:46:12 PM »
Darren, who would you prefer to have sweaty mansex with:

Joswift
Matt C
Abraham G
Martyn Ford
Primemuscle

I will check back for your answer.

You

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: April 04, 2020, 02:54:30 PM »
You

Darren, I’m sorry but I’m female (not your type) and short men creep me out, so that’s not an option.

On the other hand....if you gave Joswift a good pipe cleaning it would really only count as self flagellation anyway.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: April 04, 2020, 03:18:53 PM »
Because you have such a low opinion of me you totally over reacted to my post, imagine if someone else had written it, would you have responded in the way you did?size has trade offs

It was in no way confrontational or any any way detrimental, it was an observation on your post, if you want to be an ass and start up like a fucking baby again I can do it all day.

Grow the fuck up and get back in your box

Oh shut up you creepy weirdo. I gave a hypothetical so that all else being equal the bigger man will win. In your typical arrogant, conceited, snarky way you like to act like you have some deeper insight than everybody else. The fact of the matter is that no matter how you spin it, you are wrong, being bigger (and presumably stronger because I'm not talking about out of shape fatso) is always an advantage in a physical confrontation. If there is one thing that you have no experience and know nothing about is unarmed physical combat. You've always come as a cowardly prissy little sissy. So STFU about this subject.

And just assume that anything you say to me I will take as being confrontational as I consider you a complete asshole which is no wonder by your own admission you have no friends. So observe the rule I've imposed on myself which is to ignore your constant asinine pretentious and condescending posts unless you directly address me or make reference to me. I know it's hard to do because you find me so fascinating but grow a pair and try. Meanwhile, stop your crying and whining. And as Twaddle told you in another thread "Step away from the keyboard before you hurt yourself." Nobody takes you seriously here.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2020, 03:20:38 PM »
Darren, I’m sorry but I’m female (not your type) and short men creep me out, so that’s not an option.

On the other hand....if you gave Joswift a good pipe cleaning it would really only count as self flagellation anyway.

Joswift's butthole is dripping with anticipation.

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2020, 03:27:21 PM »
Joswift's butthole is dripping with anticipation.

So you’re saying Joswift is sitting around boofing beers (look it up) while posting under his Darren Avey gimmick ?

I’d believe that.

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: April 04, 2020, 03:30:46 PM »
So you’re saying Joswift is sitting around boofing beers (look it up) while posting under his Darren Avey gimmick ?

I’d believe that.

Just me  no other gimmicks or accounts

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: April 04, 2020, 03:43:10 PM »
Oh shut up you creepy weirdo. I gave a hypothetical so that all else being equal the bigger man will win. In your typical arrogant, conceited, snarky way you like to act like you have some deeper insight than everybody else. The fact of the matter is that no matter how you spin it, you are wrong, being bigger (and presumably stronger because I'm not talking about out of shape fatso) is always an advantage in a physical confrontation. If there is one thing that you have no experience and know nothing about is unarmed physical combat. You've always come as a cowardly prissy little sissy. So STFU about this subject.

And just assume that anything you say to me I will take as being confrontational as I consider you a complete asshole which is no wonder by your own admission you have no friends. So observe the rule I've imposed on myself which is to ignore your constant asinine pretentious and condescending posts unless you directly address me or make reference to me. I know it's hard to do because you find me so fascinating but grow a pair and try. Meanwhile, stop your crying and whining. And as Twaddle told you in another thread "Step away from the keyboard before you hurt yourself." Nobody takes you seriously here.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: April 04, 2020, 03:59:49 PM »

LOL! I know you have to get the last post trying to save face. No matter what you do you are still wrong, no matter how you try to spin it, size does matter and everybody knows this. Now comes the time like in the last thread where you will say it was all just a big joke and part of your grand master play to rile me up.

Sure dickhead, knock yourself out. You're a clown here.

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: April 04, 2020, 04:22:12 PM »
Just me  no other gimmicks or accounts

Yeah sure...and Shizzo is a skinny, handsome man.

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: April 04, 2020, 11:10:10 PM »
Yeah sure...and Shizzo is a skinny, handsome man.

Check ips

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: April 05, 2020, 12:19:08 AM »
LOL! I know you have to get the last post trying to save face. No matter what you do you are still wrong, no matter how you try to spin it, size does matter and everybody knows this. Now comes the time like in the last thread where you will say it was all just a big joke and part of your grand master play to rile me up.

Sure dickhead, knock yourself out. You're a clown here.

yep, me as well, where did I say it didnt?

I was just questioning the accuracy of your make believe scenario...
A larger person uses more oxygen than a smaller one,,you cant really dispute that..

irishdave

• Getbig V
  • It ain’t over ‘TIL it’s over
« Reply #64 on: April 05, 2020, 06:18:09 AM »
No.

Look at Mike Tyson and Rocky Marciano, both 5'10 and destroying much bigger and taller guys.

You’re obviously vertically challenged and have a small flute 😂

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #65 on: April 05, 2020, 08:26:57 AM »
what about in a "sword" fight ?
K

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: April 05, 2020, 08:31:49 AM »
what about in a "sword" fight ?

The answer is always Brienne of Tarth.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: April 05, 2020, 11:20:27 AM »

Short men creep you out?  You wouldn't let Danny Devito dick you down?

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #68 on: April 05, 2020, 01:51:06 PM »
The answer is always Brienne of Tarth.

sure in "that" kind of "Sword Fight"
K