Author Topic: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!  (Read 755858 times)

obsidian

• Getbig V
Re: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!
« Reply #10675 on: March 26, 2024, 01:40:33 PM »

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #10676 on: March 26, 2024, 01:44:17 PM »
https://twitter.com/CraigSalm

Per Chief Legal Officer @Grayscale

1/ Recently, there’s been a lot of chatter about spot #Ethereum ETFs. I personally am not deterred by it and believe the ETFs should be approved. But right now I want to talk about how I think perceived “lack of SEC engagement” should be viewed at this point:

2/ In the final months leading up to #Bitcoin ETF approval, @Grayscale and others received positive and constructive engagement from the SEC. We had thoughtful conversations and discussed the finer details of creation/redemption procedures, cash v. in-kind, APs, LPs, custody etc.

3/ All of these issues were figured out and are identical when comparing spot #Bitcoin to  #Ethereum ETFs. The only difference is rather than the ETF holding bitcoin, it holds ether. So in many ways, the SEC already has engaged and issuers simply have less to engage on this time.

4/ Perhaps I will feel differently as we get closer to final approve/deny dates in late May 2024, but at this point, I don’t think perceived lack of engagement from regulators should be indicative of one outcome or another.

5/ Further, I 100% agree w what others like @iampaulgrewal and @BrianQuintenz have said about why spot #Ethereum ETFs should be approved: consistency w ETH futures ETFs, regulation of ETH futures as commodity futures (vs. security futures), high correlation btw futures and spot.

6/ Investors want and deserve access to #Ethereum in the form of a spot Ethereum ETF and Grayscale believes the case is just as strong as it was for spot #Bitcoin ETFs. We look forward to engaging with the Commission on these important products. $ETHE

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #10677 on: March 27, 2024, 01:29:23 PM »
https://cryptoslate.com/fidelity-files-registration-statement-for-ethereum-etf-despite-regulatory-uncertainty/

Fidelity files registration statement for Ethereum ETF despite regulatory uncertainty

Fidelity's actions, alongside those of other firms aiming to introduce spot ether ETFs, illustrate the growing interest in integrating digital assets into traditional financial products.

Fidelity Investments has taken another step in its effort to launch a spot Ethereum ETF, filing a registration statement on March 27 despite the uncertain regulatory landscape.

The move follows a previous filing by Cboe, the exchange planned for this ETF, which submitted a form 19b-4 to the SEC on Fidelity’s behalf in November 2023.

Fidelity’s actions, alongside those of other firms aiming to introduce spot ether ETFs, illustrate the growing interest in integrating digital assets into traditional financial products. Yet, obtaining regulatory approval presents a notable challenge, highlighting the evolving and uncertain nature of crypto regulation.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #10678 on: March 27, 2024, 01:32:49 PM »
This shit has turned to the biggest money laundering scheme around.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #10679 on: March 27, 2024, 01:36:09 PM »
How so? Can you elaborate?

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10680 on: March 27, 2024, 03:54:40 PM »
Zero, most likely. Michael Saylor has already said he is willing to ride Bitcoin down to zero. That's diamond hands. He's not the only one. BTC's price is based on supply and demand.

And the US debt is growing by $1 trillion ever 180 days. It is mathematically impossible to reverse the growing debt crisis. They will start to inflate the money supply at some point, and the dollar will continue its devaluation.

PlanB blocked me years ago for challenging his supply/demand view. Perception/evaluation of value comes first, supply/demand is second. Trust your retarded friend on this one as just like with inflation, the masses are taught incorrectly. You can run out of horseshit, it doesn’t mean the price can magically change.

The measure of perceived value is done against other items around it 🤌  The scarcity narrative is used because the masses are dumb and have an attention span of 5 seconds so it’s a very easy sell to them. The alternative is educating Grandma Boomer on blockchain 🤪 if the genuine highly smart people actually believed this is be pretty surprised, they should be driving this to masses for greater adoption (rightly or wrongly is irrelevant if mass adoption is the objective).

Be careful being sucked too much into the currency printing. We already had the spike, it’s done. Now we stabilise on a future steady trendline. Gold did a 2.5x from peak once they depegged it. BTC did a 3x from peak after the biggest money printing in history. Gold then went down for 20yrs….. people are expecting BTC to go forever up.

Inflation expectations from the masses are all wrong, the they have recessions wrong, unemployment wrong, property wrong, recessions wrong, GDP wrong. Gold wrong. BTC targets wrong. When price goes up it matters not how much of a spastic you are, you will be right, the question is for how long does your winning streak last as all gamblers face this inevitable question and all answer the same ‘I’m about even or slightly up’.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10681 on: March 27, 2024, 03:59:46 PM »
How so? Can you elaborate?

I outlined a plan to a black market acquaintance but I’m not outlining that shit here. You need to use a clean slate and run according to local taxation laws. It isn’t about avoiding tax it’s about turning bad money to clean which is pretty easy. Tax is black and white so you eliminate grey and you are fine.

SouJerz

• Getbig II
« Reply #10682 on: March 27, 2024, 07:51:56 PM »
PlanB blocked me years ago for challenging his supply/demand view. Perception/evaluation of value comes first, supply/demand is second. Trust your retarded friend on this one as just like with inflation, the masses are taught incorrectly. You can run out of horseshit, it doesn’t mean the price can magically change.

The measure of perceived value is done against other items around it 🤌  The scarcity narrative is used because the masses are dumb and have an attention span of 5 seconds so it’s a very easy sell to them. The alternative is educating Grandma Boomer on blockchain 🤪 if the genuine highly smart people actually believed this is be pretty surprised, they should be driving this to masses for greater adoption (rightly or wrongly is irrelevant if mass adoption is the objective).

Be careful being sucked too much into the currency printing. We already had the spike, it’s done. Now we stabilise on a future steady trendline. Gold did a 2.5x from peak once they depegged it. BTC did a 3x from peak after the biggest money printing in history. Gold then went down for 20yrs….. people are expecting BTC to go forever up.

Inflation expectations from the masses are all wrong, the they have recessions wrong, unemployment wrong, property wrong, recessions wrong, GDP wrong. Gold wrong. BTC targets wrong. When price goes up it matters not how much of a spastic you are, you will be right, the question is for how long does your winning streak last as all gamblers face this inevitable question and all answer the same ‘I’m about even or slightly up’.

Tell me you’re not a whole coiner without telling you’re not a whole coiner.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10683 on: March 28, 2024, 02:53:24 AM »

No, that would actually be the US banking system...

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10684 on: March 28, 2024, 03:00:29 AM »
https://twitter.com/CraigSalm

Per Chief Legal Officer @Grayscale

3/ All of these issues were figured out and are identical when comparing spot #Bitcoin to  #Ethereum ETFs. The only difference is rather than the ETF holding bitcoin, it holds ether. So in many ways, the SEC already has engaged and issuers simply have less to engage on this time.

Not the only difference at all. Eth was launched as a security. BTC was conceived as, and has remained at all times, a commodity.

And just because another organization (the SME), allowed Eth futures contracts to be traded, this does not mean the SEC needs to (or will) take the same view for any security it considers for approval for trading. Indeed, the SEC may well take the entirely opposite view, which is that Eth is a security, which should be obvious when you look at the history of Eth, its founders, and the control of Eth, and when you apply the well-established Howey test.

Those speculating on the hope that an ETH ETF gets approved, and then further on the hope that if approved demand increases, and then assuming further that any of these hopes have not already been priced in, are risking large downside on any non-approval. ETH has already performed terribly against BTC over the last year (down around 22%), and this is poised to continue as funds flow out from Eth and into BTC and also out from Eth to Sol, and other de-gen type coins.

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #10685 on: March 28, 2024, 09:26:06 AM »
What's your guys view on the s&p 500 over the next few months?

It's been a juicy period, but how long before the correction?

I've been meaning to take out about a 3rd of my holdings to prop up my business during a slow period. I wonder if I should sell it this week or wait a while.

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #10686 on: March 28, 2024, 09:55:02 AM »
Sam got 25.

Rumours are that prison industry insider and crypto pioneer Dr Goodrum is keeping him safe on the inside.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #10687 on: March 28, 2024, 09:56:36 AM »
What's your guys view on the s&p 500 over the next few months?

It's been a juicy period, but how long before the correction?

I've been meaning to take out about a 3rd of my holdings to prop up my business during a slow period. I wonder if I should sell it this week or wait a while.

Nobody knows.  What we do know is that historically, bull markets last longer than bear markets, and that time in the market is what creates wealth, not timing the market.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #10688 on: March 28, 2024, 11:01:15 AM »
Not the only difference at all. Eth was launched as a security. BTC was conceived as, and has remained at all times, a commodity.

And just because another organization (the SME), allowed Eth futures contracts to be traded, this does not mean the SEC needs to (or will) take the same view for any security it considers for approval for trading. Indeed, the SEC may well take the entirely opposite view, which is that Eth is a security, which should be obvious when you look at the history of Eth, its founders, and the control of Eth, and when you apply the well-established Howey test.

Those speculating on the hope that an ETH ETF gets approved, and then further on the hope that if approved demand increases, and then assuming further that any of these hopes have not already been priced in, are risking large downside on any non-approval. ETH has already performed terribly against BTC over the last year (down around 22%), and this is poised to continue as funds flow out from Eth and into BTC and also out from Eth to Sol, and other de-gen type coins.
It was the SEC that approved 9 Ether futures to be traded on regulated commodity exchanges. And they did that after the Merge to Proof of Stake.

To my knowledge, unregistered securities cannot trade on commodity exchanges.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/sec-approves-9-ether-futures-223937256.html#:~:text=Ethereum%20futures%20exchange%2Dtraded%20funds,encouraging%20sign%20for%20cryptocurrency%20investors.

SEC Approves 9 Ether Futures ETFs

Ethereum futures exchange-traded funds hit the market Monday after the SEC approved nine products simultaneously in an encouraging sign for cryptocurrency investors.

https://www.investopedia.com/ether-futures-etf-definition-8363103#:~:text=Unlike%20spot%20cryptocurrency%20ETFs%2C%20which,cryptocurrency%20of%20the%20Ethereum%20network.

How Ether Futures ETFs Work and How To Invest

An ether futures exchange-traded fund (ETF) is an investment vehicle that enables exposure to ether (ETH), the native cryptocurrency of the Ethereum blockchain, through futures contracts. Unlike spot cryptocurrency ETFs, which hold ether directly, an ether futures ETF invests in ether futures contracts that trade on regulated commodity exchanges.

Regarding Solana, first of all, the transactions volume is inflated because they include voting and spamming / bots in many of the comparisons. The real volume is similar to other blockchains. Solana also has a lot of failed transactions because of the spamming. Solana is inflationary, Ethereum is deflationary.

Coinbase's BASE Ethereum L2 has surpassed Solana's in total value locked.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/coinbases-network-outpaces-solana-growing-033047425.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuYmluZy5jb20v&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAE1DTHwfSQ047FReRBvrsbPkNL21v8n5oNzb_2WulfbP4C_wQma96UhvJjgZByHsYq_IA1TFzrqXyXovwCM8ezDB3rg9IczPcKhKDuGC3Vv9mHMuVSvyxOlRjweeNkvQ-G94yvMMrFmYJ-_rROnR8Lea4DxhQuioWfHyknbFUDiZ

Coinbase's Base network outpaces Solana with growing total value locked

Coinbase (NASDAQ:COIN)'s layer-2 network, Base, has experienced significant growth since its mainnet went live approximately six weeks ago. As of Monday, the total value locked (TVL) on Base reached $370.29 million, surpassing Solana, which holds a TVL of $310.43 million. This surge in TVL comes despite a service interruption experienced by Base in early September.

Ethereum dominates in the number of active developers. When you add the Ethereum L2 developers it's even more impressive. Polygon alone has almost double the number of developers compared to Solana or Bitcoin:

Ethereum - 2,392
Polygon ETH L2- 792
Arbitrum ETH L2 - 592
BNB - 498
Solana - 436
Optimism ETH L2 - 432
Bitcoin - 356
Base ETH L2 - 189

Just adding these L2 developers with Ethereum's yields a total of 4,397 active developers. And that does not include all the developers in the Ethereum ecosystem. It dwarfs Bitcoin. This is why I am saying Ethereum is blood and guts work in the trenches compared to autopilot Bitcoin.

https://www.developerreport.com/

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #10689 on: March 28, 2024, 11:07:55 AM »
Doge is doing nicely. Up 129.61% the past 30 days! I gained about $20,000 in 30 days with this increase. Would be great to see it go to $1 eventually.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #10690 on: March 29, 2024, 12:47:30 PM »
Tokenized Treasuries passed $1 billion. 63% of that is on Ethereum. Blackrock's BUIDL sits at $274.8 million after 8 days. Franklin Templeton's $FOBXX has a market cap of $360 million after 388 days. $FOBXX is on EThereum L2 Polygon and Stellar.

$8.8 million has been allocated on Solana.

https://app.rwa.xyz/treasuries

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #10691 on: March 30, 2024, 02:45:00 AM »
ETH is gonna be fine whatever happens. You'll get 10K minimum either this year or next.

ETF with staking is the most bullish scenario, but unlikely to be approved.
ETF without staking keeps things ticking along. Looks the most likely.
No ETF will cause an ETH sell off, but the dip will be bought hard and ETH still has plenty of other bullish catalysts

Doge did pretty well recently, but it looks like VCs and WS degens have chosen PEPE and WIF as this cycles memecoins. I got on WIF early and it's already x8 and still hasn't been listed on tier 1 exchanges. If you have any SOL on the network roll it into WIF. It will outperform it by multiples.

WIF is up x6 in a month since this post. I'm now up x45

I was told I would be crying for not buying bitcoin in the bear market. Those posters were right. I'm crying from laughter!

SouJerz

• Getbig II
« Reply #10692 on: March 30, 2024, 09:02:44 AM »
Tokenized Treasuries passed $1 billion. 63% of that is on Ethereum. Blackrock's BUIDL sits at $274.8 million after 8 days. Franklin Templeton's $FOBXX has a market cap of $360 million after 388 days. $FOBXX is on EThereum L2 Polygon and Stellar.

$8.8 million has been allocated on Solana.

https://app.rwa.xyz/treasuries

ETH to $15,000!

SouJerz

• Getbig II
« Reply #10693 on: March 30, 2024, 09:04:50 AM »

I was told I would be crying for not buying bitcoin in the bear market. Those posters were right. I'm crying from laughter!

^~~~~~~This guy FUCKS!

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10694 on: March 30, 2024, 11:54:26 PM »

Well it's nice to have such results - good on you. But here is the reality:

1. If you invested any substantial amount of money into one of hundreds of thousands of meme-coins at the time you suggested, you were a fool (who deserved to lose his money, and probably often does).

2. If you now hold any such meme coin which you were lucky enough to pick, and are not now selling, then again, you are a fool (who deserves to lose his money, and probably often does).

3. Don't confuse investing skill, with the luck of picking a meme coin which happens to do well. Same thing can be done with people who pick thinly traded penny stocks, with zero knowledge of fundamentals, hoping they may go up. Eventually one does, but this does not make them a good investor. It makes them a lucky investor (who probably will lose money over the long term).

4. For all the many meme coins with short-term-upside over BTC, many more never outperform BTC in the short-term, let along the long-term, and make money only primarily for the founder/scammer and those early on in the scam. So whilst you might occasionally get a coin with a 100x return, reality is that only 1/1000 such "investments" will make such a return, with the rest losing.

5. In the long term, BTC will outperform almost any shitcoin. We are seeing this even with last cycle's favorite ETH, which has over the last few years been on a slow and steady decline to BTC (despite its much smaller market cap), and we will see it with 99.9999% against any "alt", over any reasonable period of time.

6. Most people who made gains on a shitcoin, will indeed be crying if they don't "cash in" and convert their alt-gain to BTC. Many think they can "time it". the vast majority don't get it right.

My approach, for what its worth, is to first of all understand that there is in fact no realistic "alt" to Bitcoin (in terms of being the global baselayer store of value). and then second, to only buy/hold "alts" (for lack of a better word) which have fundamental long term value and technical feasibility, which I will hodl very long term over numerous cycles- examples include Chainlink. Uniswap, and Filecoin. The value investor in me simply cannot bring myself to buy memes and engage in de-gen shitcoinery. :)

PS - of Chainlink. Uniswap, and Filecoin, which I think are all long term hodl (think a decade ahead), I think the price and adoption of Filecoin in particular will be mind-blowing in years to come. So expect me, some time in the future, to come back on this post and tell you, I told you so. (Anyone interested, can check out a little more detail on FIL at www.filecointldr.io)

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #10695 on: March 31, 2024, 03:23:58 AM »

PS - of Chainlink. Uniswap, and Filecoin, which I think are all long term hodl (think a decade ahead), I think the price and adoption of Filecoin in particular will be mind-blowing in years to come. So expect me, some time in the future, to come back on this post and tell you, I told you so. (Anyone interested, can check out a little more detail on FIL at www.filecointldr.io)

You know the same guy (Arthur Hayes) that was doing those Filecoin videos you posted is the same guy that's been pumping WIF for months

Talk about irony...

Arthur Hayes@CryptoHayes
TradFi better watch out. When we $WIF hat, anything is possible.

https://twitter.com/CryptoHayes/status/1753660604232179880

Arthur Hayes@CryptoHayes Jan 15
"ETF Wif Hat" is an essay that explores the arbitrage trading opportunities that US and soon to be HK listed spot $BTC ETFs create.

Yes, the concept has promise for sure.

For those interested in legit "alts" I would strongly suggest you look at FILECOIN (FIL). I won't put the full explanation, but for anyone who takes just a little time to read the link below, it will be very obvious how much massive potential FIL has.

Basically, Filecoin is on its way to revolutionizing how we store data. It is already making money, growing in revenues and adoption, improving usability, and building out various new functionality which will make it essential to so many areas of crypto beyond just data storage.

Even better, FIL comes at a post-ICO boom / bust price, and is well listed on all major crypto exchanges. So not just one of the few legit projects with true upside, but also at a price that actually represents legitimate value.

https://filecointldr.io/

Great time to add to FIL btw as it's about to breakout in a more aggressive way*

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #10696 on: March 31, 2024, 03:38:10 AM »
I personally am super bullish on Ethereum. The new Dencun upgrade has been a success. Coinbase's ETH L2 is setting records!

https://cointelegraph.com/news/coinbase-ethereum-layer-2-base-record-dex-volume

As far as Ethereum's commodity or security status. Think about this. Ethereum Futures are listed on the Chicago Mercantile Exchange (CME). That exchange does not list securities at all. So if ETH was a security, then how the hell can its futures be listed on a commodity exchange? Also note that the ETH futures were approved after Ethereum made the switch to Proof Of Stake, and after the April 2023 Shanghai upgrade that allowed unstaking. The Howey Test also falls flat on its face when it comes to solo ETH staking validators. People who operate these solo stakers have to put sweat and equity in to acquire the hardware, ETH collateral, electricity, internet access, a secure building, etc. The validator requires maintenance and updates on a regular basis. Direct work is being performed by the staker to participate in the consensus function of the Ethereum Network. This role is really no different that a Proof of Work miner, in fact I would say there are more steps involved with staking. 32 ETH has to be acquired, and there are penalties if a validator goes offline or the hardware fails. There is no way the SEC would be able to male the argument that validators are expecting a profit based on the work of others, The validators are literally the ones doing the work!

There are plans to make solo staking easier and more attainable for everyone. Buterin has mentioned using a cell phone as a validator. It sounds like a great idea, if they are able to implement it effectively.

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #10697 on: April 02, 2024, 01:20:40 AM »
I would think we will be well over 100K per BTC coin by March 2024. Once the demand squeeze happens, the spike will be insane, and self-fulfilling, and very fast.

Well over 100k by March 2024, right? :D :D

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10698 on: April 02, 2024, 01:40:08 AM »

Correct - that's what I thought would be quite likely. We got around 74% of the way there...

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10699 on: April 02, 2024, 01:41:22 AM »

Either way, we key of course is to accumulate, hodl, and let time do its thing, and the long term to the trend is up. 100 K will be here before you know it. Be patient young Jedi...