Author Topic: What age do you plan to retire?  (Read 8483 times)

BigNBloated

• Getbig III
  • Always bet on Duke.
Re: What age do you plan to retire?
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2007, 12:50:41 PM »
Why is everyone so brainwashed to beleive they have to work to keep busy and to have a purpose, jesus christ this is why everyone in the US are such workaholics. My dad was the exact same way He didnt know who he was without working 12 hours a day and then working at home on the weekends. I appreciate what he did for me with how he provided for me, but jesus he barely had any hobbies or interests outside of work. I think everyone needs to take a step back and think about who they are outside of their job and education and invest more time into being a real human instead of a fucking workhorse. Retirement doesnt always mean sitting around the house and watching daytime tv, there are a billion things out there to learn to do or to have fun with why waste it trying to save another buck. My old man passed on my birthday this year, worked his whole life preparing for his family and future and retirement and it all went away over night. Work will always be there, but you arent guaranteed another day or the next hour.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2007, 01:41:34 PM »
Why is everyone so brainwashed to beleive they have to work to keep busy and to have a purpose, jesus christ this is why everyone in the US are such workaholics. My dad was the exact same way He didnt know who he was without working 12 hours a day and then working at home on the weekends. I appreciate what he did for me with how he provided for me, but jesus he barely had any hobbies or interests outside of work. I think everyone needs to take a step back and think about who they are outside of their job and education and invest more time into being a real human instead of a fucking workhorse. Retirement doesnt always mean sitting around the house and watching daytime tv, there are a billion things out there to learn to do or to have fun with why waste it trying to save another buck. My old man passed on my birthday this year, worked his whole life preparing for his family and future and retirement and it all went away over night. Work will always be there, but you arent guaranteed another day or the next hour.

Very well put.

bbinsider

• Getbig II
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2007, 02:55:54 PM »
Retired...just keeping busy and enjoying various business ventures.
The BBinsider