Author Topic: Got my new Flex Magazine and 64.5% of it is ads!  (Read 3413 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Re: Got my new Flex Magazine and 64.5% of it is ads!
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2014, 08:40:39 AM »
The Beats by Dre commercial with Colin Kaepernick wearing them but then in his recent interview he had a different brand of headphones on and they had to put tape to cover the logo. Even guys that promote those shit headphones won't wear them.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2014, 11:35:44 AM »
I just flipped through Flex Magazine. Nothing of interest was in this issue. Nothing.

As Wiggs stated, ads dominated the magazine.

The most noteworthy thing in this issue was how horrible the talent pool at the 2013 Nationals was.

Geez, you could have had the guys from the 1987 or 1988 Nationals transported forward in time, and they would've smoked everyone out there.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2014, 11:46:35 AM »
I took the liberty of counting the number of ads before I decided to look through. It's the new one was Flex Lewis on the cover. I counted 156 pages ads and 102 non ad pages for a total of 258 pages. Putting 64.5% of the catalog "magazine" ads. Note, there were several pages that were half ads and article. I'm glad I got this for free. During the expo. Because I certainly remember why I stopped buying or subscribing. This certainly isn't normal in the magazine industry. Perhaps it is in the fitness magazine industry, I don't know I haven't looked at them since I recently received this subscription. I do know it's unacceptable. I do know that it wasn't always this way. I do know it's pathetic which is why I'm making this thread. Papa Joe Weider would not approve. This magazine is Garbage (which a captial "G".). By the way to took 16 pages of ads to get from the cover to the table of contents. lol  

They've gotten sneaky by putting an article about an athlete, interrupted with an ad of that same athlete only with his sponsor. They try to blend the article and the ads to force you to look as if its part of the article hoping you'll be dumb enough to pay attention and fall for whatever trick they're playing to get you to buy what equates to shit in most cases. What Flex Magazine is, is a supplement catalog with articles ghostwritten and lies told and the truth hidden for good reason. Bottom line is people in charge at Flex, the magazine needs a makeover and major changes because this business model is past its time. I'm sure I'm not the first person to say this.

P.S. There are good supplements

P.P.S Ron I've spoken nothing but the truth please leave this up.

P.P.S. Money's got to be made, but it can be done in a morally better manner. Because in the end, that's what this is all about. I'll bet someones pecker this thread doesn't last if it gets wild.
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2014, 11:50:38 AM »
mags today are a joke , the old mags had 66 or 80 pages and were more interesting than the present day ones buy old ones from the 60's and you'll see my point. interesting profiles the ads that were in the mags sold equipment barbells, benches, etc. not worthless supplements which of course is what brings in the steady stream of money. buy a barbell it last forever supplements get bought monthly ad infinitum.
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2014, 11:53:06 AM »
 ;D like these
F

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2014, 12:05:17 PM »
Flex? They still sell that shit?

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2014, 01:03:24 PM »
Flex? They still sell that shit?

It's now just empty promises from: BSN, ON, Muscle-Tech, VPX, Gaspari, BPI, ect ...

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2014, 01:10:45 PM »

It's now just empty promises from: BSN, ON, Muscle-Tech, VPX, Gaspari, BPI, ect ...

I can't believe people are still buying that shit.

Benjamin_pearson

• Getbig II
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2014, 04:28:47 PM »
Haha thanks for the insight.... Did you know the former mr Olympians have ghost writers for their articles..... Squad father made a post about this every month when he got his new flex... Epic pointing out the obvious

Sam

• Getbig IV
  • I just shoot the bastards.....Thats my policy!
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2014, 05:51:31 AM »
the beef was the last one i used to buy regularly when i was still competitive minded,, had some good articles in now n then, from what i gather the beef isnt allowed to attend anymore ukfbb shows as only british flex are permitted to report from now on

Almost right, the UKFBB did not approve of BEEF reporting on other Federation's shows and wanted exclusivity - In response BEEF pulled the plug on the UKFBB.

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2014, 06:01:20 AM »
64.5% supplement ads

24.5% recycled articles

8% male thong pageant pics

3% bikini sluts

lol

NotMrAverage

• Getbig IV
  • SCHPORT
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2014, 07:18:08 AM »
Ghost writing is very real. It is quite funky when you are gonna interview somebody and they or so closed up that you actually get encouraged to do this by the person himself.
MIRAGETROPIN