Author Topic: West Palm Beach - Predictions - Updates - RESULTS~!  (Read 26095 times)

siouxcountry

• Getbig IV
  • Team Ripitupbaby!
Re: West Palm Beach - Predictions - Updates - RESULTS~!
« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2007, 02:10:26 AM »
Great show...Thanks to John and everyone involved with putting this show on.  Great location and perfect timing during the season.

Special thanks to Valerie Waughaman for supporting and lending a hand backstage to ALL the girls!  You is a true CLASS ACT!

Rick & Julie

Rick and Julie, congrats!

Will Julie be competing again before next year's O?

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #51 on: October 14, 2007, 04:10:39 AM »
Julie has her sights on the Arnold. She would be a great addition to the lineup there.

Big shout out to Julie Palmer for defending her title and Stacy "the flexible freak" Simmons for her O qualification.

You'll be seeing a new routine out of Julie who is working with Jen Hendershott on the cheography of it.

Kendra Elias did a "different" routine last night, one which was very, very good but if you didn't like Oksana's routine you wouldn't like hers. She did however win the 2-minute routine, so the judges enjoyed it. I thought it was cool but what do I know? lol
Elevate Your Image.™

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: October 14, 2007, 04:15:52 AM »
Elevate Your Image.™

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: October 14, 2007, 06:14:11 AM »
Hey Isaac!  It was good seeing you yesterday.  :)

Do you happen to have the results of the Amateurs?

:)
:D Weee

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: October 14, 2007, 09:03:01 AM »
Hey Isaac!  It was good seeing you yesterday.  :)

Do you happen to have the results of the Amateurs?

:)
good seeing u 2. I don't have the NPV results but they will be on bb.com as soon I get them.
Elevate Your Image.™

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: October 15, 2007, 06:22:11 AM »
good seeing u 2. I don't have the NPV results but they will be on bb.com as soon I get them.
Thanks Isaac!  :D

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: October 15, 2007, 09:04:36 AM »
Elevate Your Image.™

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: October 15, 2007, 09:36:03 AM »
More photos and show coverage at:
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/2007ifbbpalmbeach.htm
Isaac, do you know what place Shona Pryce came in?

FigureRX

• Getbig II
  • FigureRX.com - Everything Figure and Fitness
« Reply #58 on: October 15, 2007, 05:26:02 PM »
Hi Laura,
Shona Pryce finished 8th in open figure class A, which is a travesty.  She has a pro level physique and can hopefully find a way to get to nationals where she will excel.  The NPC Palm Beach wasn't a national qualifier, but we're featuring her soon as our spotlight athlete for the NPC Southeastern Fitness & Figure which was on October 6th (LINK).
Hope that helps!
Stephen
Team FigureRX

Isaac, do you know what place Shona Pryce came in?

mbfit1

• Pros
  • Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #59 on: October 15, 2007, 06:46:35 PM »
I would like to congratulate my wife Maria Bellando for her performance and placement in the show after a five year hiatus. "Babe you still got it" you made the boys and I proud. Your routines still rock. Not to bad for 43 years young.

Love Alan

Lorie Kimes

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #60 on: October 16, 2007, 08:17:21 AM »
I agree! Maria you still got it!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Good to see you on stage again!!!!

Love ya,
Lorie

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: October 16, 2007, 03:14:09 PM »
Video of Hollie falling off the back of the stage at:

http://blog.bodybuilding.com/ProAmContests

OUCH! Props to her for getting back up and performing the routine she did, not many could or would.
Elevate Your Image.™

FigureRX

• Getbig II
« Reply #62 on: October 16, 2007, 04:00:38 PM »
Isaac if you still need the NPC results you can grab them here:  LINK

good seeing u 2. I don't have the NPC results but they will be on bb.com as soon I get them.

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: October 16, 2007, 04:25:09 PM »
Hi Laura,
Shona Pryce finished 8th in open figure class A, which is a travesty.  She has a pro level physique and can hopefully find a way to get to nationals where she will excel.  The NPC Palm Beach wasn't a national qualifier, but we're featuring her soon as our spotlight athlete for the NPC Southeastern Fitness & Figure which was on October 6th (LINK).
Hope that helps!
Stephen
Team FigureRX

I have to disagree on it being a travesty and her having a pro level physique. She was waaaay too hard for this show and would get the same response at the next level. She does have potential though, don't get me wrong. She turned my hea when I saw her at the pool shooting.

When the judges can see cross striations in your quads, in figure, you're not going to place well. A little work on her posing and toning it down on the hardness, she'll fair better.

The competitor we're speaking about:

Elevate Your Image.™

FigureRX

• Getbig II
« Reply #64 on: October 16, 2007, 05:56:00 PM »
We had her in the top five at this show, and maybe a little higher the previous weekend when she came in softer at her first NPC show.  This was a local non-qualifier and she really stood out.  Shona is a crossover athlete and was a "physique" (closer to bodybuilding) champion at Musclemania earlier this year, but at the same time in Musclemania "figure" she placed close behind well known names like Ava Cowan and Michelle Levesque.  We were happy to see her make the move to the NPC!!  She has some refinements to make, of course, but great athletes tend to rise to the top and we think Shona will .... beyond that we'll save the rest of our comments for her spotlight profile.

I have to disagree on it being a travesty and her having a pro level physique. She was waaaay too hard for this show and would get the same response at the next level. She does have potential though, don't get me wrong. She turned my hea when I saw her at the pool shooting.

When the judges can see cross striations in your quads, in figure, you're not going to place well. A little work on her posing and toning it down on the hardness, she'll fair better.

The competitor we're speaking about:

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: October 16, 2007, 06:14:56 PM »
We had her in the top five at this show, and maybe a little higher the previous weekend when she came in softer at her first NPC show.  This was a local non-qualifier and she really stood out.  Shona is a crossover athlete and was a "physique" (closer to bodybuilding) champion at Musclemania earlier this year, but at the same time in Musclemania "figure" she placed close behind well known names like Ava Cowan and Michelle Levesque.  We were happy to see her make the move to the NPC!!  She has some refinements to make, of course, but great athletes tend to rise to the top and we think Shona will .... beyond that we'll save the rest of our comments for her spotlight profile.
She has potential no doubt, but stating she placed behind "known names" and that she stood out in a non-national qualifiers doesn't cast the best light. If/when she places ahead of "known names" and stands out at national-qualifiers and national shows then you have a case.

I wish her the best as I can appreciate the physique she has built.

Elevate Your Image.™

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: October 17, 2007, 06:39:31 AM »
Yup, that's Shona.  That girl busts her ass at the gym daily and sometimes twice daily.  Isaac is right though, she was definitely too hard and knew it going into the show.  Her husband, Jason did his best to soften her up for this show (from her last) but she just has "that" kind of physique.   

I kind of think she is in somewhat of a predicament between bbing and figure.  She has great muscle and it shows, but seems to have trouble gaining the size (she looked so much bigger off season and looked totally jacked, but when dieted down...became a smaller version of cut herself).  At show, she has the size for figure and shape for figure but has trouble softening up for stage presence.  I hope she can figure out what her body needs to do one or the other because she is due.  Like I said...she puts her time in the gym and busts her ass!  ;) 

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #67 on: October 17, 2007, 07:08:08 AM »
LOL!..................I wish i had a hard time getting soft

Tell the girl to eat some ice cream (works for me!)

Too "hard" for figure too "small" for bodybuilding............ .......is that the knock on this girl??

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: October 17, 2007, 07:26:58 AM »

Too "hard" for figure too "small" for bodybuilding............ .......is that the knock on this girl??
???

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: October 17, 2007, 08:09:22 AM »
Im not putting Shona down ...............i was seriously asking if this is what Isaac thinks
i see this girl in the gym everyday 2-3 times (incredibly dedicated athlete)

i do think she competes too much and needs to figure out if it's figure or bodybuilding that she want's to focus on
(you can't make quality gains if your always in "pre-contest mode")

her and her husband are good people.........(id like to see her do well )

Mike

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: October 17, 2007, 10:22:50 AM »
Im not putting Shona down ...............i was seriously asking if this is what Isaac thinks
i see this girl in the gym everyday 2-3 times (incredibly dedicated athlete)

i do think she competes too much and needs to figure out if it's figure or bodybuilding that she want's to focus on
(you can't make quality gains if your always in "pre-contest mode")

her and her husband are good people.........(id like to see her do well )

Mike
I am a fan of that type of look, she reminded me of a Juliana a bit. She just needs a little polishing with posing along with the less hard look. It's a tricky balance and one that puts physiques like hers in limbo. The classic "too big for figure" and "too small for bodybuilding". More and more women are hearing this. Many women love to train but are told too big for figure and have to try and loose muscle. They also don't find female bodybuilding appealing and wish to get that size. It's like there is a new division forming unintentionally for those types. What the criteria would be, I have no clue but I know it frustrates a number of women.

Elevate Your Image.™

mbell

• Getbig IV
« Reply #71 on: October 17, 2007, 11:23:37 AM »

Lol... love it! ;)
M

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: October 17, 2007, 11:45:14 AM »
This picture looks to me like a bodybuilders lower body
and a figure girls upper body

great calves,quads..........
"smallish" arms,shoulders...........and abs????

Sandra Wickham

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #73 on: October 17, 2007, 03:36:09 PM »
I just wanted to say "THANKS" to all the fitness gals for another fun show-and thanks to Isaac for taking the time to snap a few shots by the pool!!

A special thank you to the "champ", Julie Palmer, for taking the time to talk to me after the show.  She had very encouraging and supportive words for me that lifted my spirits and I thank her for her kindness.   ;D

Lorie Kimes

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #74 on: October 18, 2007, 08:18:06 AM »
Sandra,

You know we love you baby!!! DON'T GIVE UP, KEEP IT UP!!!!

Love ya,
Lorie