Author Topic: West Palm Beach - Predictions - Updates - RESULTS~!  (Read 26097 times)

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
West Palm Beach - Predictions - Updates - RESULTS~!
« on: October 08, 2007, 08:03:51 PM »
This weekend the fitness and figure ladies take the stage again. Who do you like? A few competitors will qualify for the 2008 Olympia and the pressure will be off them to qualify later on in the year.

Figure:
1. Gina Aliotti
2. Natalie Benson
3. Latisha Wilder
4. Heather Green
5. Paola Almerico

Fitness:
1. Julie Palmer
2. Julie Lohre
3. Stacy Simmons
4. Heidi Fletcher
5. Sandra Wickham
Elevate Your Image.™

ProFitnessHubby

• Getbig II
  • www.bcmuscle.com
Re: West Palm Beach This Weekend - Who do you like?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2007, 11:17:14 PM »

Fitness:
1. Julie Palmer
2. Julie Lohre
3. Stacy Simmons
4. Heidi Fletcher
5. Sandra Wickham

Let's see... That's four girls coming straight from the Olympia, and who's that other chick rounding out the top 5???  Oh yeah, it's my favorite IFBB Athlete Sandra AIR WICKHAM    And I'm not just saying that out of fear of getting my butt kicked   ;)

Sandra has improved her physique from show to show, coming in sharper and sharper, and WPB will be no exception.  Look for Sandra to display her best package to date on Saturday.  We all know her routines are right up there with the top girls so expect to see a solid top 5 performance from Sandra.

I also like the rest of Isaac's top five, in no specific order.  Like all shows, we'll have to wait and see how the judges score this one.

Mavis T.

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig Pro
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2007, 07:45:30 AM »
Good Luck to everyone competing this weekend, especially my buddy, Christine Wan!
Should be a great show.  I retired after this same show last year, but I will still be backstage (minus the high heels!), helping the girls as needed, and possibly expediting.

See everyone on Saturday!
mavistozzi.com

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2007, 09:33:53 AM »
You know I have to put in a word for my girl Susan Groshek.  Now that she has her 45 second routine figured out I think she has  great chance to beak into the top 5.  It is a tough line-up but this is probably her last show for a bit and I know she is ready to put it all together.
Jennifer

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2007, 10:46:02 AM »
You know I have to put in a word for my girl Susan Groshek.  Now that she has her 45 second routine figured out I think she has  great chance to beak into the top 5.  It is a tough line-up but this is probably her last show for a bit and I know she is ready to put it all together.
Susan will definitely be a contender this weekend. She has one of the tiniest waist-lines and great shape.

Christine will also be in the mix this weekend. A few people who weren't on the list could shake things up.

Elevate Your Image.™

Christine Wan

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • GetbigPro
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2007, 11:37:20 AM »
Good Luck to everyone competing this weekend, especially my buddy, Christine Wan!
Should be a great show.  I retired after this same show last year, but I will still be backstage (minus the high heels!), helping the girls as needed, and possibly expediting.

Thank you, my retired, chocoholic friend! This will be a neat experience having you backstage.

Good luck to everyone this weekend. Also, don't be too hard on Mavis during her first "working" experience...Saturday is her birthday! 31, right? ;)

Krissy C.

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2007, 11:53:48 AM »
Good Luck To All Ladies Competing :)!

I will be there cheering on all my friends competing this weekend and my sponsors are sponsoring the show so I will be at the ALR Industries booth in the evening so definitely stop by and say hi :)!

My fellow ALR Industries Venom Girls-Kendra and Pia are also competing this weekend.  GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!

It should be a great show!!!!!!
Krissy Chin BS, MSPT
IFBB PRO

mjsbroda

• Getbig I
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2007, 07:40:22 PM »
Good Luck to all the ladies, but I have to say I think the strongest competitor on the list is Sandra and I think this is her turn to Shine!!!!
Air Wickham All the Way !!!!

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2007, 07:54:04 PM »
Good Luck to all the ladies, but I have to say I think the strongest competitor on the list is Sandra and I think this is her turn to Shine!!!!
Air Wickham All the Way !!!!
9 total posts and all about Sandra. You luv you some wickham. ;D
Elevate Your Image.™

Fitness Fan

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2007, 08:40:16 PM »
I'm thinking Lift is probably almost right on the money.  Although a bit high in hopes for Fletcher.  I think she'll fall given the competition.  Julie Palmer and Julie Loher are definitely top notch competitors and I wouldn't count out Angie Semsch either.  Palmer did place top 6 in the O so she'll give them all a run.  While I think Sandra is a solid contender for top five and it is a shame to read her story, I don't think she's quite the "strongest competitor on the list".

As far as Figure - I think unless you are dumb or blind the top 3 are right maybe a little out of sort though.  I would not count out Christine in the top athletes to compete.  Gina Aliotti has it in the bag - so to speak.  Look for all others to be compared to how SHE comes into this show. 

I am surprised that we are seeing more fitness than figure at this show.  Good sign for fitness though. 

Anyone covering the show?

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2007, 08:42:35 PM »
I'm thinking Lift is probably almost right on the money.  Although a bit high in hopes for Fletcher.  I think she'll fall given the competition.  Julie Palmer and Julie Loher are definitely top notch competitors and I wouldn't count out Angie Semsch either.  Palmer did place top 6 in the O so she'll give them all a run.  While I think Sandra is a solid contender for top five and it is a shame to read her story, I don't think she's quite the "strongest competitor on the list".

As far as Figure - I think unless you are dumb or blind the top 3 are right maybe a little out of sort though.  I would not count out Christine in the top athletes to compete.  Gina Aliotti has it in the bag - so to speak.  Look for all others to be compared to how SHE comes into this show. 

I am surprised that we are seeing more fitness than figure at this show.  Good sign for fitness though. 

Anyone covering the show?

Myself and Terry Goodlad with both be there covering the show. Terry for Bodysport and Oxygen Magazine and I'll be providing coverage for NPC NEWS Mag, Bodybuilding.com and Hardbody.com

Very good sign for fitness and it's great to see the numbers are up this year.
Elevate Your Image.™

HDPhysiques

• Getbig III
  • "Hi-Def Bodies in Hi-Def Video"
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2007, 09:32:21 PM »

I was hoping we could talk Famous Mavis outta retirement for this one.......  maybe next year?  :D
JOIN HDPhysiques!!!!

ProFitnessHubby

• Getbig II
  • www.bcmuscle.com
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2007, 09:59:34 PM »
9 total posts and all about Sandra. You luv you some wickham. ;D

Lift, cut Jo-Ann (aka mjsbroda) some slack.  I'm sure one of these days she'll make a non-Sandra post  :)

All kidding aside, she's Sandra's 2nd biggest fan (next to yours truly) and a loyal member of Team Wickham.   Welcome to the Boards Miss Broda, don't let that Getbig Expert LiftStudios bring you down   ;D

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2007, 10:37:52 PM »
Lift, cut Jo-Ann (aka mjsbroda) some slack.  I'm sure one of these days she'll make a non-Sandra post  :)

All kidding aside, she's Sandra's 2nd biggest fan (next to yours truly) and a loyal member of Team Wickham.   Welcome to the Boards Miss Broda, don't let that Getbig Expert LiftStudios bring you down   ;D
LOL. Not bringing her down, just wondering if she'll show some of the rest of us some luv.  ;D
Elevate Your Image.™

ProFitnessHubby

• Getbig II
  • www.bcmuscle.com
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2007, 11:37:12 PM »
LOL. Not bringing her down, just wondering if she'll show some of the rest of us some luv.  ;D

Post some pics of yourself and maybe she'll show you some too LOL.   See you in (hopefully sunny) West Palm Beach   8)

http://www.weather.com/outlook/recreation/outdoors/tenday/USFL0512?from=search_10day'

FigureRX

• Getbig II
  • FigureRX.com - Everything Figure and Fitness
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2007, 10:12:00 AM »
Our prediction for figure top five, in alphabetical order  :)

Gina Aliotti
Paola Almerico
Heather Green
Danielle Hollenshade
Latisha Wilder

Preview LINK

Good luck and we'll see you all in Palm Beach!

Team FigureRX

Rick Lohre

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2007, 10:36:30 AM »
Rx, there is a fitness division too  ;D
I'm sure you're just keepin' us in suspense.

I've got my picks, but I think it best if I just keep 'em to "mah-sef" :)

Julie - Kick A$$ Babe!!!!

Sorry, shameless cheer plug for my wife ;)

Rick

FigureRX

• Getbig II
  • FigureRX.com - Everything Figure and Fitness
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2007, 10:14:24 PM »
Gotta know your limitations .... I have not seen routine performances from about 40% of the athletes so it would foolhardy to make too many predictions.  But my gut says both Julies, Angie and Heidi will challenge for the top spot ....
Alrighty, off to Florida early in the AM, bring your rain gear!!
Stephen

Rx, there is a fitness division too  ;D
I'm sure you're just keepin' us in suspense.

I've got my picks, but I think it best if I just keep 'em to "mah-sef" :)

Julie - Kick A$$ Babe!!!!

Sorry, shameless cheer plug for my wife ;)

Rick

Malibu Barbie

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2007, 02:32:14 AM »
Issac I kinda like who you picked for the top three for both figure and fitness. I don't really care about the order. They are all deserving and great and who knows what the judging will be at any given moment. Why not mix it up? The two Julie's and Stacy are some of my favorite fitness competitors so I will be rooting for them this weekend. I really like what I read by this Ms. Sandra Wickman about her experience in Spain. I have never had the pleasure of watching her and unfortunately won't get to see her this weekend. Lucky you. I would love her to be at the top too. It might help heal some of the sting those nasty Europeans gave her. I think it would be fun if Latisha won this weekend in figure, just for something different. She always brings such an excellent little powerhouse package to the stage. It would be nice to see her get her due. Rick I got my fingers crossed for your girl. If she wins or places I hope you guys get that well deserved vacation. I will be thinking of you guys. Eat something decadent at the Cheesecake Factory and think of me. :'( :-*

Mavis T.

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig Pro
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2007, 06:12:56 AM »
Well, HD, one should "never say never", but I'm pretty sure I'm done for good.  Besides, I'm enjoying my freedom to eat chocolate whenever I want too much  ;D.
The weather people are saying we are going to have a good weekend, (though I understand that doesn't mean much), as we've had quite a bit of rain lately, so it will be nice to see the sun shining.  See everyone at the show and/or Cheesecake Factory!  Good luck again to everyone competing!
mavistozzi.com

Lorie Kimes

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2007, 12:05:30 PM »
I will be there this weekend cheering on my fellow competitors Soooo count me in for the after party!!!  :-*
This is a really good line up with lots of great competitor's!!!!
It is really going to be a good show.

Cant wait to see everyone!  ;D

Lorie

siouxcountry

• Getbig IV
  • Team Ripitupbaby!
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2007, 08:04:00 PM »
Our prediction for figure top five, in alphabetical order  :)

Gina Aliotti
Paola Almerico
Heather Green
Danielle Hollenshade
Latisha Wilder

I think Natalie Benson will make the top 5.

You and Dani have a great time!

Denny Crane

• Getbig II
  • I also date midgets.
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2007, 08:19:17 PM »
You and Dani have a great time!
Are you implying Stevie is sleeping with someone he "sponsors"?

Here I thought he was one of those fruitcakes that only liked men.
Denny Crane. Denny Crane.

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2007, 06:35:17 AM »
Updates throughout the weekend at:
http://blog.bodybuilding.com/ProAmContests

and

http://www.hardbody.com/news

Gina is in great conditioning and Heather Green is looking great as well. Many competitors are coming in today. Check back for more throughout the weekend.
Elevate Your Image.™

princy44

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
Re: West Palm Beach - Predictions - Updates
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2007, 08:22:47 AM »
For fitness, this is Julie Palmer's show to lose.  Someone recently put it well, there are the big 3 and the little 3 in fitness :)  The big 3 are Adela, Jenny H and Kim and then the little 3 are Tanji, Tracey and Julie P.  Those veterans can take any show they enter and the main competition is from each other...every one else seems to fall in line behind them.

I do love Julie Lohre's look, routines, everything though!  She is soon going to be right up in the mix and that will be exciting and well deserved!!!

It is also good to see so many talented new pros...Bethany Gainey is one of my new faves and I can't wait to see her compete next year...

For figure, this is a good line up but I really would love to see Latisha get the win...one of the best bodies in the biz and she deserves to take top honors.