Author Topic: Salvation  (Read 8145 times)

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
Re: Salvation
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2013, 06:31:16 AM »
The two "Salvation" threads have now been merged.

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
  • Using Surveillance for Political Subversion(?)
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2013, 09:33:24 AM »
I get posts deleted every day no sweat, keep whining.

Sorry that you view it as 'whining', Mr. N. Perhaps someday you could offer more than a half-sentence in thoughts, and we could get to know where you stand on various things.

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2013, 09:36:42 AM »
Man oh man did this upset you.  You're even insulting me now....so be it.   From board vet to board newb these kinds of thing happen everyday.....posts and threads get deleted and moved all the time.  

I thought it was moved to the religion board on accident so I moved it back to the G&O were most threads like this originate.  That's all that happened.  I've said 4 times now that it was my mistake.  Many threads have been moved to the religion board in error and have had titles that indicate possible religious content, but the actual posts within had no religious content.  So they were moved out to the appropriate boards.   Your thread is titled "Salvation", but the content was an abstraction on goodness.  Fine, perhaps the deeper meaning is directly tied to religion, but at first blush it didn't appear to be.  Mods in some boards see buzzwords in titles related to topics on other boards and move threads.  I moved it back to the G&O were I assumed it originated because I thought I was helping out.   I'm so sorry I misinterpreted the deep religious meaning of this thread.  It's back where it belongs now.  

LOL, I'm done talking about this because it's giving this situation way more attention than was EVER needed.  If you choose to reply that's fine, but this will be my last post on the subject.

Maybe I should've allowed it to be worked out completely via PM, despite having disbelief that it was done through error.

Though I doubt you'd deny having a gigantic (muscular, of course) ass.

BTW, yes, sometimes it becomes necessary to approach things in a roundabout manner, if you could ever hope to express certain thoughts without being immediately shut off. Wish it weren't that way, but that's life.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2013, 11:30:44 AM »
You must acknowledge Goodness for all its meaning. You must accept it as the only way forward; you must give it precedence above all else, while never allowing any other thing to represent itself as such.

You must acknowledge that you have not always acted with Goodness, you must compel yourself to memorize the burden of that feeling, and you must vow to make your greatest attempt to forever reject such action.

To allow this process to resound within every bit of depth in your existence, is to be Salvaged.

Ok Jack, so goodness and all of it's meaning.   I assume goodness at one end of the spectrum and badness at the other?  Goodness being typically defined as behavior aligned with superior moral qualities....helping the needy, giving of yourself, living a virtuous life.  Things along those lines I assume?  

So what is the standard for goodness in this instance?  Do multiple standards of goodness exist?  Is goodness subjective (one person's goodness is another's badness)?

Move forward in a state of goodness, but to what end?  The end of your life?  

Then recognizing that I haven't always acted with goodness and thereby committing myself to then live in a state of goodness for the rest of my days.  And by doing so and allowing that ackowledgement of goodness and goodness itself to permeate every fiber of who I am, I am then saved (or salvaged).

So via the acknowledgement of my lack of goodness and the conscious decision to committ myself to goodness I have then saved myself?  Saved myself from what exactly?  

B_B_C

• Getbig IV
  • change is the lot of all
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2013, 11:59:18 AM »
Sorry that you view it as 'whining', Mr. N. Perhaps someday you could offer more than a half-sentence in thoughts, and we could get to know where you stand on various things.

are you always this charming or did you make a special effort on this occasion?
c

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2013, 07:11:54 PM »
Ok Jack, so goodness and all of it's meaning.   I assume goodness at one end of the spectrum and badness at the other?  Goodness being typically defined as behavior aligned with superior moral qualities....helping the needy, giving of yourself, living a virtuous life.  Things along those lines I assume?  

So what is the standard for goodness in this instance?  Do multiple standards of goodness exist?  Is goodness subjective (one person's goodness is another's badness)?

Move forward in a state of goodness, but to what end?  The end of your life?  

Then recognizing that I haven't always acted with goodness and thereby committing myself to then live in a state of goodness for the rest of my days.  And by doing so and allowing that ackowledgement of goodness and goodness itself to permeate every fiber of who I am, I am then saved (or salvaged).

So via the acknowledgement of my lack of goodness and the conscious decision to committ myself to goodness I have then saved myself?  Saved myself from what exactly?  

MOS, I wouldn't and couldn't possibly presume to instruct you in this way. I would argue that, because you have your own brain, your own will, and your own unique experience to draw from, that only you could attempt to analyze it for yourself in this regard.

If the piece was appropriately refitted to become a more recognizable message, and using Jesus as the primary word, what would be your opinion?

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2013, 07:14:55 PM »

are you always this charming or did you make a special effort on this occasion?

You should save a lot of time and travel by making that retort your signature, BBC. :)

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2013, 07:51:22 PM »
MOS, I wouldn't and couldn't possibly presume to instruct you in this way. I would argue that, because you have your own brain, your own will, and your own unique experience to draw from, that only you could attempt to analyze it for yourself in this regard.

If the piece was appropriately refitted to become a more recognizable message, and using Jesus as the primary word, what would be your opinion?

Is that the intent that we should evaluate it as we see fit?  That for me, goodness is representative of Jesus Christ because I'm a Christian?  Certainly I relate salvation with Christ, but was that your intent?  I know you had indicated that words have meaning so I'm just trying to understand a bit better.

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2013, 08:43:00 PM »
Is that the intent that we should evaluate it as we see fit?  That for me, goodness is representative of Jesus Christ because I'm a Christian?  Certainly I relate salvation with Christ, but was that your intent?  I know you had indicated that words have meaning so I'm just trying to understand a bit better.

How could I presume to answer that for you, MOS?

B_B_C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2013, 03:44:59 AM »
You should save a lot of time and travel by making that retort your signature, BBC. :)

not everybody warrents the question
c

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2013, 08:20:53 AM »
not everybody warrents the question

Have you asked it of yourself, ever?

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2013, 12:33:15 PM »
Ok, this thread is officially nonsense and not related to religion.  I made the correct call on it initially.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2013, 03:00:03 PM »
Ok, this thread is officially nonsense and not related to religion.  I made the correct call on it initially.
meltdown.

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2013, 03:33:20 PM »
MOS: Would you say a powerful tool of the devil, is deception?

B_B_C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2013, 04:02:26 PM »
Have you asked it of yourself, ever?

I have indeed Sir but on this occasion I am not the poster constantly seeking to be right - Id prefer to be happpy
c

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2013, 04:11:17 PM »
I have indeed Sir but on this occasion I am not the poster constantly seeking to be right - Id prefer to be happpy

You're welcome to step in and help us figure the matter out, unless you're enjoying your irrelevancy.

;D

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2013, 08:05:26 AM »
MOS, running away from thought doesn't work.

I'm not going to fight it, if it bothers you so much to have this in your "domain". But you should understand that your irrational response to it, just gives it all the more weight.

Think, bro. Please. God gave you a brain FOR THIS SPECIFIC REASON.

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2013, 07:12:44 PM »
Why did you decide to delete your last post so quickly, MOS?

BTW, I have no problem with this thread sitting right here. It's absolutely perfect.

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2013, 04:43:15 PM »
ubi concordia, ibi victoria