Author Topic: Dr. Ben Carson’s Take on Welfare  (Read 9517 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Dr. Ben Carson’s Take on Welfare
« on: May 21, 2014, 11:23:06 AM »
He makes some terrific points.  Also confirms in the clip that the White House was upset over his comments about healthcare. 

Hollywood Actor Couldn’t Help But Start Clapping After Hearing Dr. Ben Carson’s Take on Welfare During ‘The View’
May. 20, 2014 6:30pm   
Jason Howerton

Appearing on “The View” Tuesday, Dr. Ben Carson explained why he believes the current welfare system in the United States is not doing the poor any favors. His insightful response actually moved actor Terry Crews to join the audience in applauding the retired neurosurgeon.

(YouTube/ABC)

“When you rob someone of their incentive to go out there and improve themselves, you are not doing them any favors,” Carson said. “When you take somebody and pat them on the head and say, ‘There there, you poor little thing… Let me give you housing subsidies, let me give you free health care because you can’t do that.’”

“What would be much more empowering is to use our intellect and our resources to give those people a way up and out,” he concluded.

“I agree,” Crews responded, clapping along with the audience.

Watch Carson’s entire appearance on “The View” below (the discussion on welfare starts at around 6:50):

Co-host Whoopi Goldberg revealed that she was once a “welfare mother” and argued that very few people actually want to be on welfare and would rather work.

“I don’t feel bad about being a welfare mother because I contribute as an American,” she said. “Because the welfare system is so bizarre, you can’t work, they don’t allow you to work because they take the money from you. So if we fix the system so that it doesn’t hurt the people, maybe they’ll get better.”

Like this story? Sign up for "Firewire" to get daily alerts about hot news on TheBlaze.

When pressed about a possible presidential run in 2016, Carson said he doesn’t “desire” to run for president and hopes someone who “excites people” emerges.

“If that happens, then I won’t do it, but I have so many people asking me, and as a patriotic American, I certainly have to think about it,” he said.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/05/20/hollywood-actor-couldnt-help-but-start-clapping-after-hearing-dr-ben-carsons-take-on-welfare-during-the-view/

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Re: Dr. Ben Carson’s Take on Welfare
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 11:42:08 AM »
Is our own resident MCWAY really Dr. Ben Carson?     ;D

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2014, 12:00:22 PM »
He makes some terrific points.  Also confirms in the clip that the White House was upset over his comments about healthcare. 

Hollywood Actor Couldn’t Help But Start Clapping After Hearing Dr. Ben Carson’s Take on Welfare During ‘The View’
May. 20, 2014 6:30pm   
Jason Howerton

Appearing on “The View” Tuesday, Dr. Ben Carson explained why he believes the current welfare system in the United States is not doing the poor any favors. His insightful response actually moved actor Terry Crews to join the audience in applauding the retired neurosurgeon.

(YouTube/ABC)

“When you rob someone of their incentive to go out there and improve themselves, you are not doing them any favors,” Carson said. “When you take somebody and pat them on the head and say, ‘There there, you poor little thing… Let me give you housing subsidies, let me give you free health care because you can’t do that.’”

“What would be much more empowering is to use our intellect and our resources to give those people a way up and out,” he concluded.

“I agree,” Crews responded, clapping along with the audience.

Watch Carson’s entire appearance on “The View” below (the discussion on welfare starts at around 6:50):

Co-host Whoopi Goldberg revealed that she was once a “welfare mother” and argued that very few people actually want to be on welfare and would rather work.

“I don’t feel bad about being a welfare mother because I contribute as an American,” she said. “Because the welfare system is so bizarre, you can’t work, they don’t allow you to work because they take the money from you. So if we fix the system so that it doesn’t hurt the people, maybe they’ll get better.”

Like this story? Sign up for "Firewire" to get daily alerts about hot news on TheBlaze.

When pressed about a possible presidential run in 2016, Carson said he doesn’t “desire” to run for president and hopes someone who “excites people” emerges.

“If that happens, then I won’t do it, but I have so many people asking me, and as a patriotic American, I certainly have to think about it,” he said.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/05/20/hollywood-actor-couldnt-help-but-start-clapping-after-hearing-dr-ben-carsons-take-on-welfare-during-the-view/

at ~ 3:25 in the he says the organizers called him and said the white house was upset and then went on to say that he spoke to the POTUS after the event and that he was very cordial and didn't seem upset

pretty much exactly what was said in the last article posted on this non-issue

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2014, 12:16:57 PM »
at ~ 3:25 in the he says the organizers called him and said the white house was upset and then went on to say that he spoke to the POTUS after the event and that he was very cordial and didn't seem upset

pretty much exactly what was said in the last article posted on this non-issue

O-twink is surrounded by little faggy hipster wannabes who realized how bad he looked in the moment and attacked Carson.  You could tell based on the look of choomer in chief how pissed off he was. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2014, 12:42:01 PM »
O-twink is surrounded by little faggy hipster wannabes who realized how bad he looked in the moment and attacked Carson.  You could tell based on the look of choomer in chief how pissed off he was. 

again, things you imagine do not actually count

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2014, 07:54:08 PM »
Oooooo, house negros. Gotta love them. I love you white man!

Every time I hear a black person talk about the past in a positive manner... it just makes me cringe.

This country was an utter shit-hole of humanity all the way up to the late 60s.

Thoroughly impressed by the ability of the white-controlled media to find, not only these house negros, but OTHER negros to stand around and applaud what this person is saying. THAT I've never seen.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2014, 02:32:17 AM »
This country started down the path of becoming an utter shit-hole of humanity in the late 60s.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2014, 08:33:36 AM »
This country started down the path of becoming an utter shit-hole of humanity in the late 60s.

From an economic point of view, yes. Late 60s is when the marriage of Big Business and the US government was consummated.

It's been the American Nightmare for the middle classes from then on. Both, blacks and whites.

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2014, 11:54:09 AM »
LBJ started this shit.

As for criticizing Carson's positive past recollections about America, I wonder how the motherland would compare?
A