Author Topic: Bodybuilder heroes  (Read 894 times)

CoolDuck

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Bodybuilder heroes
« on: February 11, 2008, 03:15:42 PM »
http://www.reuters.com/article/oddlyEnoughNews/idUSN1128302020080211 :

BERLIN (Reuters) - A group of 10 body-builders from a German gym took a break from their normal training routine to help a driver whose car was stuck in a ditch, police said on Monday.

The men were training at the Explosives fitness studio in Bad Zwischenahn near the western city of Oldenburg when the 38-year-old driver lost control of his vehicle, veered into a meadow and plunged the front of his car into the two-meter (6 feet) deep ditch.

"They dropped their sweat towels and water bottles and ran over the road to the crash site," a police spokesman told Reuters. "They then heaved the car out. It only took them a few minutes."

The grateful driver joined the men at the fitness studio bar and treated them to a round of energy drinks, the police spokesman said.

(Reporting by Sarah Roberts, editing by Iain Rogers)

m8

• Getbig V
Re: Bodybuilder heroes
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 03:25:14 PM »
"They dropped their sweat towels and water bottles and ran over the road to the crash site," a police spokesman told Reuters. "They then heaved the car out. It only took them a few minutes."
:D
Strong arms.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 03:37:31 PM »
Interesting article. I had my Volkswagen impounded once and four of the biggest guys in the gym went down to the lot on my behalf to talk the guy into releasing it free of charge. He merely laughed and told them to leave the lot.

They left the lot and that evening they returned and lifted my VW over a four foot high barracade and pushed it to the gym to one hell of a surprised VW owner.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2008, 03:40:18 PM »
Cool!

Gym dude

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2008, 08:19:54 PM »
That is very cool