Author Topic: Could a prime Fedor have gone far as a professional boxer?  (Read 1665 times)

A Professional

• Getbig IV
Could a prime Fedor have gone far as a professional boxer?
« on: January 10, 2012, 12:55:30 AM »
Serious question. I was watching some of his prime videos earlier and I noticed that his power strikes are faster than most peoples' jabs. He's literally a blur, and each one of those strikes can potentially knock out a man much, much larger than himself. But not only was prime Fedor powerful and lighting quick, he was extremely accurate--rarely throwing superfluous shots.

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
Re: Could a prime Fedor have gone far as a professional boxer?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 02:46:45 PM »
Serious question. I was watching some of his prime videos earlier and I noticed that his power strikes are faster than most peoples' jabs. He's literally a blur, and each one of those strikes can potentially knock out a man much, much larger than himself. But not only was prime Fedor powerful and lighting quick, he was extremely accurate--rarely throwing superfluous shots.
hed get countered everytime

A Professional

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 02:52:51 PM »
hed get countered everytime

That's actually a good point. He's a an extremely powerful, fast, and accurate striker, but he's not demonstrated the ability to counter/put together combinations effectively. Usually when he's on the attack people get defensive which allows him to continue the onslaught. A boxer with a really good chin (fedor has demonstrated the ability to ko huge men with one punch) and good countering ability would probably put him down.

But the question is how far could he go? Journeyman boxer?

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, 06:43:14 PM »
I doubt he would have the quickness and movement to be able to get inside the taller reach of the Lennox Lewis and Klit brothers. Brutal one sided beatdown if he took on the upper echelon 6'5 and up with a solid jab and defense type boxer.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2012, 04:46:27 AM »
Not as a HW. Big padded gloves and a brutal height/ reach disadvantage-- no take downs, standing 8 counts, knock downs-- Fedor would have gotten his clock cleaned.

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2012, 09:01:17 AM »
Was nt ge suppoosed to take on Mike Tyson in a boxing match in Pride about 2004?

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2012, 05:35:47 PM »
Was nt ge suppoosed to take on Mike Tyson in a boxing match in Pride about 2004?
That would of been interesting only due to Tyson being shot by then, Fedor Vs Tyson 80s vintage would be a No brainier in a BOXING fight Tyson in 1985-89 too fast, Foot-speed, Hand-speed, Power and Defense spells for a very early night for Fedor, however by 2004.....id give the edge to Fedor.