Author Topic: 01-03-06: Las Vegas, burned body capital  (Read 3630 times)

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
01-03-06: Las Vegas, burned body capital
« on: January 03, 2006, 05:00:49 PM »
LAS VEGAS (AP)
Homicides reached a record high in Las Vegas in 2005.
Two homicide patterns stood out: bodies burned and slayings involving hip-hop artists.

During the last two weeks of December, four burned bodies were found separately in remote desert areas around Las Vegas. Police have said they think the slayings and burnings were unrelated.

"If there was a phenomenon in 2005, it would have been the different cases involving figures in the rap industry," Monahan said. "I'm not suggesting it's a trend. I'm just saying it happened."

He referred to the deaths of hip-hop artists Anthony "Fat Tone" Watkins on May 23, Roosevelt "Mister Looks" Hines on June 2, and Keith R. Jett on July 21.

Professional bodybuilders Craig Titus and Kelly Ryan were arrested in Massachusetts and were being held this week in a town outside Boston pending extradition hearings in the slaying and burning of their personal assistant, Melissa James, 28.

At least 180 slayings were investigated by the valley's three largest city police departments, eclipsing the previous high of 178 set in 2003 and jumping 12 percent from 2004, when there were 161 homicides.

Las Vegas police handled 151 homicide cases in 2005, compared with 137 and 147 the previous two years, respectively. The department covers Las Vegas and unincorporated areas of Clark County.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: December was burned body month in Vegas..
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2006, 05:32:52 PM »
Growing trend - higher number of homicides.

So Kelly and Craig were just being trendy by committing murder.

Motorbreath

• Getbig III
  • What goes around comes around.....
Re: December was burned body month in Vegas
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2006, 06:29:19 PM »
No.....Craig was thinking "copycat" but his plan was foiled, between Gross and the trip to Wal Mart with the Credit Card.

The drug paranoia made it go awry.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2006, 06:31:53 PM »
I wonder if they were high-fiving on the way back from the desert, confident they had outsmarted us all, and the blame would fall on the burning car bandit.

I bet Craig gave ol' Anthony Gross a wink and they all had a nice hearty laugh, content in the thought that their secret was safe forever.

canadian_husker

• Getbig III
  • From the outside looking in you cant understand it
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2006, 02:00:37 AM »
No.....Craig was thinking "copycat" but his plan was foiled, between Gross and the trip to Wal Mart with the Credit Card.

The drug paranoia made it go awry.

I still cannot believe they would burn their own vehicle with lighter fluid bought on a credit card WTF? How dumb can you get
Go Big Red!!!

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2006, 09:30:28 AM »
I wonder if they were high-fiving on the way back from the desert, confident they had outsmarted us all, and the blame would fall on the burning car bandit.

That certainly seems plausible.  I have to imagine that the other cases definitely played a part in CT's decision to use *that* method of corpse disposal.

But as you all know, the fact that he may be an arsonist who'd desecrate a corpse does not make him a murderer.