Author Topic: 01-11-06: MSNBC Rita Crosby with Maura James  (Read 7266 times)

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
01-11-06: MSNBC Rita Crosby with Maura James
« on: January 11, 2006, 06:15:48 PM »
The mother of Melissa makes her first appearance on the show tonight

Havenbull

• Getbig IV
  • Damn it
Re: 1/11/06 MSNBC Rita Crosby with Maura James
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2006, 07:40:26 PM »
on again at 1:00 am eastern

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2006, 08:09:06 PM »
maura james denied the previous statements
she provided to the las vegas newspaper reporter
nothing more than that sound bite

ps

what cant the reporter say Jaguar

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2006, 11:35:20 PM »
http://getbig.com/news/2006-01/060111rita.htm

Well, this was definitely an interesting show, as Maura James denied a number of claims made by Las Vegas Review Journal reporter Frank Curreri in terms of exactly what happened to Melissa. Some of the statements allegedly made appeared in many reports and stories around the globe, but these may not be true. Here is a transcript of what happened between Frank, Rita and Maura this evening (this is a small part of the show).

Rita: Let me bring in Maura James if I could, the mother of Melissa. Maura, first of all, our deepest, our prayers go out to you, what did you hear about the sort of relationship between Melissa and the others prior to this. Did you know that it was contentious.

Maura: Not really, I know that she told me there were problems between Kelly & Craig, but she had really no problems with either one of them. As far as I knew, they were good friends.

Rita: Did she ever express any fear or concern or erratic behavior with Kelly.

Maura: Never.

Frank: I am going to have to take issue, my deepest condolenses to Maura James , but I interviewed Maura James and I have in my transcripts, and I am very confident that she did say that in fact Melissa had ongoing tensions with Kelly, and I quote her saying that Kelly had recently been ‘flipping out and acting crazy’, and in fact, that was what proceeded Melissa moving out.

Rita: Let me bring Maura. Is there a reason you don’t want to tell us that now.

Maura: Melissa never moved out of the house.

Frank: Did you not tell me that she moved out of the house

Maura: No, she never moved out of the house.

Frank: Did you not tell me that.

Maura: No! She did not move out of the house. She was leaving to fly to New Jersey for Christmas, but she did not actually move out of the house.

Rita: Did you know that there was a romantic relationship going on?

Marua: No, she never told me that there was a relationship.

Rita: What do you think led to this?

Maura: I have no idea?

Frank: Ms. James, can you explain, you had told me about a hotel room that Craig had purchased for 2 days, the police have confirmed that. You also told me that.

Maura: No

Very interesting, as these simple denials and statements may change exactly what we have heard and perceived in the last week or so. Also, thanks to the James family, here are a few more pictures of Melissa, whose love of dance is clearly shown.

bigd1204

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2006, 03:52:37 AM »
Maura never told Frank that Melissa and Kelly were fighting. She never told Frank that Melissa had moved out of the house. When Maura made the statement that "they were fighting all the time", she meant Craig and Kelly, and Melissa had told Maura that Kelly had been flipping out. And as far as Melissa leaving the house, Craig had reserved a room for Melissa for one night, because he thought it would be better if Melissa was not at the house due to the fighting that Craig and Kelly were doing. It was only later that we found out that the room had been reserved for two nights, and for whatever reason Craig reserved the room for two nights, only he knows since Melissa was flying home on Tuesday night. Unfortunately we did not correct this from the beginning. It was just a case of miscommunication. Once again, I would like to thank all those who have shown support for my family during this terrible tragedy.

tech n9ne

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2006, 08:37:07 AM »

Bronx

• Getbig III
  • MuscleMag Group Photo Editor
Re: 01-11-06: MSNBC Rita Crosby with Maura James
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2006, 06:19:03 AM »
This won't change squat. Just because the mother doesn't know shit has no baring on anything. The trial isn't going to be about what girl talk the mom and daughter had...its going to be about whether Craig and Kelly killed her. Interviews like this, asking about what lead to it, as opposed to what her mother remembers of her daughter, are just fluff.