Author Topic: 4-19-06 BAIL for Craig & Kelly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 7779 times)

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
4-19-06 BAIL for Craig & Kelly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: April 19, 2006, 11:48:46 AM »
DENIED

http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/2006/Apr-19-Wed-2006/news/6933299.html

District Judge Jackie Glass on Tuesday ordered that professional bodybuilder Craig Titus and his wife, Kelly Ryan, be held without bail in the death of their personal assistant until their murder trial is held in January 2007.

Just seconds after Glass made the ruling, Titus started laughing out loud -- loud enough to be heard throughout the courtroom. Glass said nothing in response.

Advertisement

The couple's defense attorneys made it clear in court that the lack of a cause of death for the couple's personal assistant, Melissa James, will likely be a big issue at their murder trial.

"The coroner can't even tell us a manner and means of death," said Ryan's defense attorney, Tom Pitaro, in arguing for a bail setting. "They don't know cause of death. They don't know how it happened."

The pair are charged with killing James, 28, in December, then burning the body in the back of Ryan's car off state Route 160.

Ryan is a 33-year-old past Ms. Fitness America and Ms. Olympia runner-up, and Titus is a 40-year-old past place-winner of international Mr. Olympia competitions.

An acquaintance, Anthony Gross, is accused of being an accomplice by helping them burn James' body. Gross, 23, remains under house arrest after posting $13,000 bail. He was charged with accessory to murder and third-degree arson.

A witness, Megan Pierson, has told a grand jury that Titus and Ryan talked about James' death and the use of a Taser on the victim. She also said Ryan talked about the victim being beaten and drugged, and said Titus later mimicked choking the victim.

In statements to the police, Titus and Ryan denied wrongdoing, saying they found the victim overdosed on drugs in their car, and they panicked and burned the body.

Prosecutors, however, allege murder.

Prosecutor Robert Daskas said in court Tuesday the only reason there is no cause of death in the case is because of the actions of the defendants themselves. "Any confusion about cause of death is their doing," Daskas said. "Beat. Drugged. Tasered. Duct taped ... restrained, burned. It's their doing that caused any confusion."

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: 4-19-06 BAIL for Craig & Kelly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 11:49:39 AM »
From the laughing, it sounds like craiggers might be going a little crazy

midknight

• Getbig IV
  • Soon, you will know the meaning of pain.
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 01:05:35 PM »
DENIED- HAHAHHAHAHAHHHHAAHHH!
pain day

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2006, 06:30:41 PM »
it's over for them,threw away at least a career they enjoyed.and possibly life :-\

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2006, 06:44:23 PM »
Man, that's gonna be one loooong hot ugly summer for Craig & Killy. :(
a

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2006, 11:35:32 PM »
i told you before. if the murderer gets bail even for one single day! he will be found dead. no chance for bail his head is marked
fallen angel

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2006, 08:09:56 AM »
BigBalddaddy,

You should seek a job at the Enquirer! You sure know how to deliver a headline!
When I saw the thread's subject title I couldn't click on it fast enough... {LOL}   :-[
w

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2006, 10:47:44 AM »
BigBalddaddy,

You should seek a job at the Enquirer! You sure know how to deliver a headline!
When I saw the thread's subject title I couldn't click on it fast enough... {LOL}   :-[

Sign me up for the Enquirer!!! ;D  It took me a while, but I finally got a good headliner on that one!!!

thanks, bbd!!!

T-Bag

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2006, 12:26:21 PM »
Man, that's gonna be one loooong hot ugly summer for Craig & Killy. :(

LOL - "Killy"

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2006, 12:54:21 PM »
they're getting a year on top of their conviction.

midknight

• Getbig IV
  • Soon, you will know the meaning of pain.
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2006, 01:00:41 PM »
they're getting a year on top of their conviction.

It’ll be year to get used to prison life in county jail style- then once they resolved their fate then they’ll be ready for the big house – Maximum state pen/ death row for one or both – that’s not going to be fun.
pain day

pj wonders

• Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2006, 02:54:59 PM »
Bail denied is no suprise after their cross country trip prior to arrest.  I just wonder though if they could get the death penalty since the coroner cannot officially state the actual case of death.  Any lawyers out there???

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2006, 03:12:32 PM »
Apparently Craig watched a little too much CSI Miami and thinks they can't pin him on it! ::)

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2006, 03:25:42 PM »
Bail denied is no suprise after their cross country trip prior to arrest.  I just wonder though if they could get the death penalty since the coroner cannot officially state the actual case of death.  Any lawyers out there???

Some actual lawyers have posted earlier (earlier threads) and I fully agree; this is not a death penalty case. The killer could get 28-30 years, but the DA will not even seek death. IMO.
a

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2006, 07:03:29 PM »
Some actual lawyers have posted earlier (earlier threads) and I fully agree; this is not a death penalty case. The killer could get 28-30 years, but the DA will not even seek death. IMO.

this is a death penalty case and the da is going for the death penalty.
fallen angel

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2006, 07:26:30 PM »
this is a death penalty case and the da is going for the death penalty.

I'll bet cha' 100 clenbutrol tabs it won't be a death penalty case.
a

pj wonders

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2006, 11:30:11 AM »
Thanks - I was wondering.  Another question......if the testimony given to the grand jury is true then Kelly was an active participant in Melissa's death right?  She may not have taken her last breath away literally but if she was injecting her with morphine, hitting her or restraining her while Craig strangled Melissa isn't Kelly guilty of murder as well???  I ask because I have read speculation that Kelly will do less time than Craig.  If the testimony is true than shouldn't she get the same sentence?

GreatFinn

• Getbig III
  • Havuja, perkele!?!
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2006, 01:28:32 PM »
From the laughing, it sounds like craiggers might be going a little crazy
He laughs because he like it in the prison; no any hassle, no begging for the pussy, just bend over and you have a fresh meat in the a-hole. Guy is in heaven, and not least because he doesn't have to pork that ugly wife  ;D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2006, 11:12:36 PM »
Good decision.  They are absolutely flight risks. 

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2006, 02:05:48 PM »
If they got out Craig would go right to the dope man and load up then it's a mad bender for atleast a month or two!!!

shockandawe

• Getbig II
  • Tiny dogs are like tiny food - just more fun
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2006, 08:58:13 AM »
Killy.

Oh my... :D

NubianMuscle

• Getbig III
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2006, 08:28:32 PM »
I have read speculation that Kelly will do less time than Craig. If the testimony is true than shouldn't she get the same sentence?

When they were first arrested, the charges were different, and there was speculation that if convicted, Kelly would get a lighter sentence. However, the DA ammended the charges, and now they are both charged with the same crimes.

February 1, 2006

Robert Daskas, called it premature to say whether authorities would seek the death penalty based on upgraded charges including murder and kidnapping against Ryan, and kidnapping against Titus.
D

buffalo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2006, 10:15:11 PM »
If they got out Craig would go right to the dope man and load up then it's a mad bender for atleast a month or two!!!

abso-fuckin-lutely

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2006, 03:34:23 AM »
if they ever  would have gotten out on bail they would have been on house arrest...but that dumbass would still get into more trouble.

(nothing)

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2006, 02:46:33 PM »
It’ll be year to get used to prison life in county jail style- then once they resolved their fate then they’ll be ready for the big house – Maximum state pen/ death row for one or both – that’s not going to be fun.

i guess for killy maybe but for big business this will just reacquaint him to the lifestyle he once was accustomed to ;)
fat till furthe