Author Topic: Tough Mudder/GoRuck/Pretend Military Operations= for Morons.  (Read 12892 times)

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
Re: Tough Mudder/GoRuck/Pretend Military Operations= for Morons.
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2014, 05:33:27 PM »
If TA or anyone did a GR HEAVY - they would sign a different tune. 

Not to mention a challenge or a light. 

Fuck 99% of GB would collapse on a GR Light let a lone a Challenge or a Heavy

25 Hours - 45 Miles with a 40lbs pack while being beaten down by Spec Ops Cadre.  Yeah some of the drug addicted fucks on this site are up for that?  LMFAO!!!!   No LMFAO x 2

99% of this board would collapse within 1 hour of this

Dude, I get that you are proud of your accomplishment. It is an impressive feat.

You just can't blame people for not wanting to participate in something that amounts to self torture. It's simply not normal. Even for very fit people.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2014, 05:42:34 PM »
I'm sure it's fun if you're into that kind of thing and that's fine.

Most participants seem to have the same holier-than-thou attitude that "serious" CrossFitters have though.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2014, 05:48:34 PM »
I'm sure it's fun if you're into that kind of thing and that's fine.

Most participants seem to have the same holier-than-thou attitude that "serious" CrossFitters have though.

Having done a few, I don't think that's the case.  Most seem to be there just to have fun, and help others.  At least that was my experience.  The only guys I saw once going nuts (not in a bad way, but very serious) were actual real military.
Y

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2014, 05:55:47 PM »
Having done a few, I don't think that's the case.  Most seem to be there just to have fun, and help others.  At least that was my experience.  The only guys I saw once going nuts (not in a bad way, but very serious) were actual real military.

Real military guys paid to do this stuff for fun?

all drugs - TPPIIP

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2014, 05:57:33 PM »
Real military guys paid to do this stuff for fun?

gotta be pogs or guys prepping to make the indoc for special forces is the only thing I can think of.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2014, 06:05:48 PM »
I dont understand it... I had enough of that shit when I was in. Cant imagine wanting to do it for 'fun'. Ill stick to other activities that dont involve running with wet sand in my crotch rubbing my ballsack raw anymore

Training with a ruck..fine good cardio I guess...the other shit, no way in hell. I gave that crap up a long time ago. I remember being at 29 Palms with a Saw...Saw ammo and a spool of radio wire plus other assorted shit in my ruck. An M1 came rolling by, they had igloo's in their bustlerack and gatoraide...I knew my days as a grunt were rapidly coming to an end. I don't even camp unless uncle sam is paying for it.
L

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2014, 06:10:16 PM »
Training with a ruck..fine good cardio I guess...the other shit, no way in hell. I gave that crap up a long time ago. I remember being at 29 Palms with a Saw...Saw ammo and a spool of radio wire plus other assorted shit in my ruck. An M1 came rolling by, they had igloo's in their bustlerack and gatoraide...I knew my days as a grunt were rapidly coming to an end. I don't even camp unless uncle sam is paying for it.

;D

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2014, 06:17:40 PM »
The M1 dumps about a lot of fuel when it first fires up...I wouldn't walk to a shitter unless we fired up my track. If these guys like it then more power to them. It would be great for pre boot training, or police academy stuff.
L

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2014, 06:20:52 PM »
they wanna be badass but in a controlled safe environment

might as well play world of warcraft and do some interval running

same effect

;D
O

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2014, 06:26:13 PM »
Here is a challenge:  Squat 135 600 times within the hour for 24 hours. 

dustin

« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2014, 07:09:49 PM »
I did one just because friends wanted to. I think we signed a death waiver which I thought was super gimmicky... but about 6 hours after we all completed it, we heard someone actually DIED on the course lol

It was obviously a massive sea whale that got beached and died of a heart attack on the course. But damn. :o

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2014, 07:16:43 PM »
I did one just because friends wanted to. I think we signed a death waiver which I thought was super gimmicky... but about 6 hours after we all completed it, we heard someone actually DIED on the course lol

It was obviously a massive sea whale that got beached and died of a heart attack on the course. But damn. :o

Lol

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2014, 07:24:47 PM »
TA is in Raleigh area right?    They have a Challenge there in March 28.   If its so easy - should be no problem signing up right? 
The only thing I am going to ruck around are these goddamned foundation rocks.  I moved one a few months ago, it was a few hundred pounds.  I had to deadlift it and turn, deadlift and turn.  Took forever.  Only a shitload more to go!!!

Mick33

• Getbig III
« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2014, 07:25:58 PM »
What exactly do you do? Hike with a backpack?  ???

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2014, 07:27:52 PM »
Ill tell you what - anyone wants to sign up for GR Heavy thinking its a joke ill pay for the entry fee and loan my my pack.     Cant wait to see some some roided out fool drop out 1 hour in. 

I would contribute $25 in a prize pool.....and a very comfortable well broken in ruck...come on gents. You can't laugh at shit like this if you can't do it...
L

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2014, 07:29:44 PM »
I would contribute $25 in a prize pool.....and a very comfortable well broken in ruck...come on gents. You can't laugh at shit like this if you can't do it...
I made my way home with my day pack... I'd volunteer it but I'm way too attached to it. Plus it still has my nametape on it.  :D

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2014, 07:32:48 PM »
No...I gotta get mine back. I'm one of those guys who deploys with all his own shit despite uncle sam's crap being perfectly fine. I am not volunteering for this shit however..me and shock will cheer you on with a beer in our hands. The thought of a 25K road march now makes me ill.
L

Mick33

• Getbig III
« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2014, 07:34:30 PM »
Yeah thats it.  Easy right?   ;D

Not saying easy, just curious as to the extent of the hike. I was a caddy for several years. Most of the time I carried doubles. Those older bags were on average a good 40 lbs.each. Each round was roughly 6 miles, far from 45, but I like to think I could do it. Not saying I am taking you up on anything!

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2014, 07:38:20 PM »
Not saying easy, just curious as to the extent of the hike. I was a caddy for several years. Most of the time I carried doubles. Those older bags were on average a good 40 lbs.each. Each round was roughly 6 miles, far from 45, but I like to think I could do it. Not saying I am taking you up on anything!

Nice avatar

dustin

« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2014, 07:46:04 PM »
Lol

We got cleaned up, had brunch, did some sight seeing and went for dinner and then the buzz was that some fatass just died. I didn't know whether to laugh or to feel bad for them. I think I just laughed... lol

Thank goodness they signed the waiver!

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2014, 07:48:16 PM »
How do you get home from these godawful "races" without destroying the interior of your vehicle?

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2014, 07:56:17 PM »
do any of the obstacles involve water bottles?

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: February 18, 2014, 08:06:56 PM »
Usually have change of clothes in the car.  The last event we were so fcked up we ended up sleeping at a rest stop in Maryland we were so fuvking wiped out.  5 of us went down to DC to do it and we were all like zombies at the end

lol

Glad none of Obama's sons robbed you while you slept.

AVBG

« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2014, 08:11:06 PM »
The only thing I am going to ruck around are these goddamned foundation rocks.  I moved one a few months ago, it was a few hundred pounds.  I had to deadlift it and turn, deadlift and turn.  Took forever.  Only a shitload more to go!!!

Stop complaining. It was hardly like deadlifting 225 for 112, was it? ::)

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: February 18, 2014, 08:25:09 PM »

If you have a boulder... if no one else can help... and if you can find him... maybe you can hire... Kegdrainer