Author Topic: NPC/IFBB level competitors, WTF?!  (Read 16585 times)

Martae Ruelas

• Getbig II
  • Here I come To Save The Day!!!!!!!!
Re: NPC/IFBB level competitors, WTF?!
« Reply #50 on: August 05, 2014, 05:36:07 AM »
But I think he got his pro card as a light heavy if I'm not mistaken

Very true but as a bantam he won an overall. I came a point away from doing the same thing at a tough Cali show as a lightweight. We all start somewhere and we all were small for the most part is what I'm saying. It all boils down to what you do with a pro card and what you make of it... I'd rather go all out. Battle with the warlords of the sport and make a great pro debut. Which will show if I am fit for the pro ranks or not.

Martae Ruelas

• Getbig II
« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2014, 05:45:44 AM »
Bingo, and that's the reason why I believe that pro cards are given away too easily, compared with the past.
Stuntmovie started some great threads about this NPC/IFBB policy with the pros & cons.

Here is the thing...
Everyone says that pro cards are handed out too easily while that may be the opinion expressed and feeling of how someone got their pro card or status, I beg to differ. There are way more competitors doing national shows than ever. People in a weight class have doubled. (which makes it tougher yet still) My last point which even you can agree on. While a boxer may be qualified to fight Mike Tyson in the ring as a new pro, reality will set in to tell the tale of (if he belongs there or not) when the gloves fly... We will be able to tell in the Tiajuana Pro Show in may coming up if I was handed one too easily and how my structure holds up against The OPEN class... Stay tuned. - Martae Ruelas

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #52 on: August 05, 2014, 06:16:35 AM »
You bring some good points Martae, credits for that :)

Martae Ruelas

• Getbig II
« Reply #53 on: August 05, 2014, 06:31:57 AM »
You bring some good points Martae, credits for that :)

I definitely don't want to be one of those pros that isn't able to talk with anyone or be a people person. Heck out of high school senior year I weighed 110. I'm still that guy inside that just loves food and is a huge fan of the sport. This is what I believe, you aren't really a pro unless you are able to hold your own against the pros in the industry and can't improve from a placing. I haven't competed yet so as far as I'm concerned I'm just a guy sitting on the bench still. And any pro who gets on here and starts trash talking, putting down others, or doesn't know how to handle criticism from anyone professionally isn't really cut out for this. It takes thick skin and a lot of patience if you want to be marketable win or lose in this sport... - Martae Ruelas

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: August 05, 2014, 06:54:18 AM »
Martae seems to come across as intelligent with a level head, very rare for a bodybuilder,

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #55 on: August 05, 2014, 08:35:07 AM »
I definitely don't want to be one of those pros that isn't able to talk with anyone or be a people person. Heck out of high school senior year I weighed 110. I'm still that guy inside that just loves food and is a huge fan of the sport. This is what I believe, you aren't really a pro unless you are able to hold your own against the pros in the industry and can't improve from a placing. I haven't competed yet so as far as I'm concerned I'm just a guy sitting on the bench still. And any pro who gets on here and starts trash talking, putting down others, or doesn't know how to handle criticism from anyone professionally isn't really cut out for this. It takes thick skin and a lot of patience if you want to be marketable win or lose in this sport... - Martae Ruelas
might have been mentioned what weight class were u in?offseason weight ?

Martae Ruelas

• Getbig II
« Reply #56 on: August 05, 2014, 11:50:35 AM »
might have been mentioned what weight class were u in?offseason weight ?

I turned pro as a lightweight at only 154 pounds. I've won the middleweights as a local level bodybuilder but I wouldn't count that because some local shows nobody shows up. In the offseason my weight as of now is 217... I hope that whatever is left after I strip off the excess is solid muscle for the most part. I'm not used to being this big being out of breath fro just walking at times but I can still see my abs... We shall see where the cards fall. - Martae Ruelas

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #57 on: August 05, 2014, 11:56:18 AM »
I turned pro as a lightweight at only 154 pounds. I've won the middleweights as a local level bodybuilder but I wouldn't count that because some local shows nobody shows up. In the offseason my weight as of now is 217... I hope that whatever is left after I strip off the excess is solid muscle for the most part. I'm not used to being this big being out of breath fro just walking at times but I can still see my abs... We shall see where the cards fall. - Martae Ruelas
AT ONLY 154 MEANS NOTHING,,,,a good build is a good build you know that,carry 154 nicely looks bigger,,you have a good build good luck,,shivas higa who turned pro few yrs back was light/welter had sick build,suprised he couldn't make dent in 212's yet,,

Martae Ruelas

• Getbig II
« Reply #58 on: August 05, 2014, 11:58:03 AM »
Martae seems to come across as intelligent with a level head, very rare for a bodybuilder,

For the most part I think unless I'm having one of my days where I'm late to meals and having back to back blonde moments as a result... - Martae Ruelas

Martae Ruelas

• Getbig II
« Reply #59 on: August 05, 2014, 12:06:11 PM »
AT ONLY 154 MEANS NOTHING,,,,a good build is a good build you know that,carry 154 nicely looks bigger,,you have a good build good luck,,shivas higa who turned pro few yrs back was light/welter had sick build,suprised he couldn't make dent in 212's yet,,

Shivas was and still is awesome he's a great example. It is rare for a lightweight or most lightweights to make any dent. But I have some screws loose lol. I am willing to do whatever it takes, I'm sure many have said this cliché "whatever it takes" before. But as for me you only live once I'd rather die dieting on a treadmill or expanding as wide as possible in the offseason to a big lean weight than die with a bunch of "What Ifs" and having a woe is me story about possibly walking with the gods of the sport... - Martae Ruelas

ENZO

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #60 on: August 05, 2014, 12:11:15 PM »
well said

latiuss

• Getbig IV
« Reply #61 on: August 05, 2014, 12:53:50 PM »
Shivas was and still is awesome he's a great example. It is rare for a lightweight or most lightweights to make any dent. But I have some screws loose lol. I am willing to do whatever it takes, I'm sure many have said this cliché "whatever it takes" before. But as for me you only live once I'd rather die dieting on a treadmill or expanding as wide as possible in the offseason to a big lean weight than die with a bunch of "What Ifs" and having a woe is me story about possibly walking with the gods of the sport... - Martae Ruelas

I pity people who say id rather die training etc. Makes me think Really? Is your life that shit?lol. They allmost always try and seem all heroic like they are on some crusade when its basically a lifestyle induced suicide.

Simple Simon

« Reply #62 on: August 05, 2014, 12:55:51 PM »

I pity people who say id rather die training etc. Makes me think Really? Is your life that shit?lol. They allmost always try and seem all heroic like they are on some crusade when its basically a lifestyle induced suicide.
I think what he means to say is that he would rather die trying to amount to something, be it bodybuilding or any other aspect of your life.

latiuss

• Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: August 05, 2014, 12:59:57 PM »
I think what he means to say is that he would rather die trying to amount to something, be it bodybuilding or any other aspect of your life.

Also quoting yourself is pretentious as fuck. - latiuss

Martae Ruelas

• Getbig II
« Reply #64 on: August 05, 2014, 01:02:22 PM »

In a nutshell. Thank you for clarifying. Nobody I am sure looks for death as any result of a passion, but speaks in a way of looking at the wildest monstrosity of an obstacle in the most poetic way. It is what anyone does with immense passion and focus in anything that they do... I'd love to leave some kind of impression on the sport in any way shape or possible being as competitive as I can be. - Martae Ruelas

Simple Simon

« Reply #65 on: August 05, 2014, 01:04:30 PM »
Also quoting yourself is pretentious as fuck. - latiuss
Quoting the wrong person isnt too bright. -simple simon

latiuss

• Getbig IV
« Reply #66 on: August 05, 2014, 01:06:02 PM »
Quoting the wrong person isnt too bright. -simple simon
that quote wasnt a mistake - latiuss

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: August 05, 2014, 01:07:06 PM »
In a nutshell. Thank you for clarifying. Nobody I am sure looks for death as any result of a passion, but speaks in a way of looking at the wildest monstrosity of an obstacle in the most poetic way. It is what anyone does with immense passion and focus in anything that they do... I'd love to leave some kind of impression on the sport in any way shape or possible being as competitive as I can be. - Martae Ruelas
you ll just end another nobody who never was with shot kidneys/liver/heart and dying prematurely in your 50s tho.

latiuss

• Getbig IV
« Reply #68 on: August 05, 2014, 01:12:08 PM »
you ll just end another nobody who never was with shot kidneys/liver/heart and dying prematurely in your 50s tho.-uberman

Martae Ruelas

• Getbig II
« Reply #69 on: August 05, 2014, 01:13:59 PM »
you ll just end another nobody who never was with shot kidneys/liver/heart and dying prematurely in your 50s tho.

Thing is everyones life is in everyone's own hands as well as their destiny, I am sure if we all tip toed through life there would be no Olympic gold winners, StrongMan Champions, Olympians, or Astronats, etc. Everyone knows the risks life has in each aspect and I would rather live than simply exist. Nothing is really guaranteed in life things may happen and if they do they do. Mcdonalds is worse than some things I know in the sport. I could walk outside and get hit by a bus for all I know. We all are the narrators of our life. If nobody likes the book they can read another. I'm choosing to go live on my own terms. - Martae Ruelas

Simple Simon

« Reply #70 on: August 05, 2014, 01:25:53 PM »
His choice.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: August 05, 2014, 01:29:05 PM »
Thing is everyones life is in everyone's own hands as well as their destiny, I am sure if we all tip toed through life there would be no Olympic gold winners, StrongMan Champions, Olympians, or Astronats, etc. Everyone knows the risks life has in each aspect and I would rather live than simply exist. Nothing is really guaranteed in life things may happen and if they do they do. Mcdonalds is worse than some things I know in the sport. I could walk outside and get hit by a bus for all I know. We all are the narrators of our life. If nobody likes the book they can read another. I'm choosing to go live on my own terms. - Martae Ruelas
what do your loved ones, if you have any, think of your steroid abuse?

Simple Simon

« Reply #72 on: August 05, 2014, 01:34:15 PM »
Abuse/use?

latiuss

• Getbig IV
« Reply #73 on: August 05, 2014, 01:38:46 PM »

she prolly wished he could still get it up

Martae Ruelas

• Getbig II
« Reply #74 on: August 05, 2014, 01:56:32 PM »

I don't have any family being homeless since the age of 8 my loved ones are mainly friends and fellow bodybuilders. They support everything I do as long as it isn't wreckless or anything odd outside of what any pro trying to do his best would normally do. If things were not a part of our sport as it is in football and prevalent in other sports as well it would be different. People pay tickets to see monsters and what isn't the norm like monsters killing themselves on the gridiron, not average joes you can see at your local park doing what just anyone can do... Nobody can truly frown upon actions taken by a man that doesn't hurt anyone else and even truly him as long as he best measures are taken. Not saying things don't happen but like I've said before there are risks to anything in life. I could rupture the disk in my back doing squats etc, we can go on about things I do etc but there are so many variables why even expound on this stuff. If I or anyone great ever did we wouldn't truly Live... - Martae Ruelas