Getbig Main Boards > Gossip & Opinions

REP Adjustable Dumbbells

<< < (2/10) > >>

Grape Ape:

--- Quote from: webstar on April 25, 2024, 06:21:29 AM ---I had a pair similar to those ( no name brand from Amazon). I noticed if you didn't spin the dial correctly the plate wouldn't catch and it would be stuck in the tray.

--- End quote ---

Plus, you have to baby those, since they have plastic pieces that easily break.

IroNat:
$900 seems ridiculous.

Gym Rat:

--- Quote from: IroNat on April 25, 2024, 07:09:34 AM ---$900 seems ridiculous.

--- End quote ---

They are all high priced.. Powerblocks new are like $1200.00, those Canadian ones in Coops video are like $2400.00.
For my budget, I would pay the $900.00 no problem, if I were to setup a small home-gym without much room.
Those, a rack, a barbell w/ plates is all thats needed. (All of that other stuff you find used/cheap).

So overall, not really a high price (total) for lifetime use. (Compared to the yearly 500.00 gym membership).
I have no mortgage, car payments, credit-cards or any debt at all, so spending that on fitness would not be unreasonable to me..

IroNat:

--- Quote from: Gym Rat on April 25, 2024, 07:15:54 AM ---They are all high priced.. Powerblocks new are like $1200.00, those Canadian ones in Coops video are like $2400.00.
For my budget, I would pay the $900.00 no problem, if I were to setup a small home-gym without much room.
Those, a rack, a barbell w/ plates is all thats needed. (All of that other stuff you find used/cheap).

So overall, not really a high price (total) for lifetime use. (Compared to the yearly 500.00 gym membership).
I have no mortgage, car payments, credit-cards or any debt at all, so spending that on fitness would not be unreasonable to me..

--- End quote ---

I can't let you do it.

Grape Ape:

--- Quote from: IroNat on April 25, 2024, 07:09:34 AM ---$900 seems ridiculous.

--- End quote ---

They are replacing ~1710 pounds of weight.

So that is like .52 cents a pound which is very cheap for new dumbbells.

If you bought a new dumbbell regular set you could pay up to 3x that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version