Author Topic: If God is the all being, then where did he/she come from?  (Read 16924 times)

Stefano

• Getbig III
Re: If God is the all being, then where did he/she come from?
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2012, 04:59:44 PM »
What they will tell you is that gOD always existed.  These dumb fucks think this is an actual valid answer but it answers nothing.  They argue for a first cause/prime mover until that is you apply that line of reasoning to gOD, then they will answer it doesn't matter.   Hypocrites and fools.

Thats because man tries to interpret the universe he lives in. What has no explanation available must be filled with superstition and speculation. Thats why scientists start with "why?". Science doesnt have the answer to everything but they don't stop trying to find answers.

People used to assume the earth was flat and this line of thinking went on for centuries until ships circumnavigated the globe proving that theory wrong. Until then people were put to death for daring to suggest that the earth was anything other than flat.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2012, 05:03:43 PM »
It's better than being a fool.  I'll leave that to you.

I don't understand your random anger.  I mean, I know how easy it is to anonymously bash believers online and how completely different the discussion would be if you and I were face to face.  That said, why not approach it as such?  If believers have wronged you some way we can discuss it....I'd rather represent Christ and other believers with love and respect; although, if you're just here to troll and insult believers I'll know to ignore you completely.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2012, 05:05:13 PM »
God was born C section at Bethesda Naval Hospital in 1971.

Do your research, people!

Ever heard of Google?

G

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2012, 05:06:38 PM »
God was born C section at Bethesda Naval Hospital in 1971.

Do your research, people!

Ever heard of Google?

This is correct, garebear is an expert in these areas.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2012, 05:11:36 PM »
I don't understand your random anger.  I mean, I know how easy it is to anonymously bash believers online and how completely different the discussion would be if you and I were face to face.  That said, why not approach it as such?  If believers have wronged you some way we can discuss it....I'd rather represent Christ and other believers with love and respect; although, if you're just here to troll and insult believers I'll know to ignore you completely.

I made a valid point on how Christians argue that gOd has no first cause when they go out of their way to argue that all things that exist in the universe must have a first cause/prime mover.  You decided to comment on my class.  Now, you're trying to divert the subject by arguing that my opinions must be stemmed in some kind of personal grievances I have with Christianity, which is untrue. Honestly, I don't give a fuck what kind of night light you need to rely on to make you feel safe in the dark, just don't go around making the claim that it is at all rational.
A

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2012, 05:15:13 PM »
I made a valid point on how Christians argue that gOd has no first cause when they go out of their way to argue that all things that exist in the universe must have a first cause/prime mover.  You decided to comment on my class.  Now, you're trying to divert the subject by arguing that my opinions must be stemmed in some kind of personal grievances I have with Christianity, which is untrue. Honestly, I don't give a fuck what kind of night light you need to rely on to make you feel safe in the dark, just don't go around making the claim that it is at all rational.
I am a Christian and I feel my view is not rational but your view is not either so we are playing on even grounds here but for some strange reason you think that our concept is magical and yours is not, when in fact it is too.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2012, 05:15:35 PM »

What they will tell you is that gOD always existed.  These dumb fucks think this is an actual valid answer but it answers nothing.  They argue for a first cause/prime mover until that is you apply that line of reasoning to gOD, then they will answer it doesn't matter.   Hypocrites and fools.

You're right, you said nothing inappropriate and simply addressed the issue at hand.  You answered with integrity and respect and kept the insults out of it.  Yes, lets you and I have a proper discussion.

::)

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2012, 05:16:30 PM »
I am a Christian and I feel my view is not rational but your view is not either so we are playing on even grounds here but for some strange reason you think that our concept is magical and your is not, when in fact it is too.

You are incorrect for the simple fact I never advocated anything.  YOu assume I am advocating on behalf of big bang but did I ever mention it?   I did not.

You're right, you said nothing inappropriate and simply addressed the issue at hand.  You answered with integrity and respect and kept the insults out of it.

Apparently you've never been to getbig before.  May I suggest you go to the positive board immediately to avoid future butthurt.   
A

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2012, 05:18:25 PM »
Apparently you've never been to getbig before.  May I suggest you go to the positive board immediately to avoid future butthurt.

Yes, you're far to scary for me kiddo LOL.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2012, 05:21:09 PM »
Rational doesn't mean correct. It seems means "formulated using reasoning" (and reasoning isn't necessarily correct).   Thinking there is probably a creator of some kind may not be accurate but it is rational so long as their is reasoning behind it.  For example,  I have never witnessed anything perfect or infinite or eternal, yet in my consciousness I have a deep feeling that all of those things exist. Since I don't understand how I could feel that way if they didn't actually exist (I don't understand how I could possibly imagine such concepts without them being possible) and in my own mind this feeling of infinite and eternal perfection makes me think its likely to exist.  Thiq is rational. It is not certain.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2012, 05:23:21 PM »
Yes, you're far to scary for me kiddo LOL.

Still avoiding my original point.   If christians argue that all things in the universe are designed and have a first cause/primer mover then gOd must also have a prime mover/first cause, therefore, who created gOD. And don't tell me that gOD always existed because according to Christian cosmologists that is impossible
A

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2012, 05:24:35 PM »
Look at your question again.  Who said god is in the universe?

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2012, 05:24:48 PM »
You are incorrect for the simple fact I never advocated anything.  YOu assume I am advocating on behalf of big bang but did I ever mention it?   I did not.

You assumed that I assumed that and you are wrong, I was not even thinking of the big bang, so what you talking about willis?

There is only 3 possible scenarios Einstein;

1. God
2. a beginning
3. No beginning

and if you do not believe in God that leaves only 2 ding dong.

A beginning which does not make sense and not rational or no beginning which also makes no sense or is not rational, take your pick. See no assumptions are made here about any big bang, you are the only jerk assuming things.

Now as far as me not ever being on getbig, brother, I OWN GETBIG :-*

EDIT; that was referring to MOS^^^, my bad, lol.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2012, 05:25:54 PM »
Still avoiding my original point.   If christians argue that all things in the universe are designed and have a first cause/primer mover then gOd must also have a prime mover/first cause, therefore, who created gOD. And don't tell me that gOD always existed because according to Christian cosmologists that is impossible

Nah, not avoiding....just ignoring....enjoy life.

Jon Harridan

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • My dog fucks the little girl fivesilvernickels.
« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2012, 05:26:03 PM »
Still avoiding my original point.   If christians argue that all things in the universe are designed and have a first cause/primer mover then gOd must also have a prime mover/first cause, therefore, who created gOD. And don't tell me that gOD always existed because according to Christian cosmologists that is impossible

That is not impossible simply because that is fact; God has always existed. Christians don't argue that all things in the universe are designed, rather that all CREATIONS in the universe are designed.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2012, 05:27:36 PM »
Jon shut the fuck up. Your not doing any good by acting like you know god is a fact.  Your only looking like a fucking jackass.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #41 on: December 27, 2012, 05:30:12 PM »
Rational doesn't mean correct. It seems means "formulated using reasoning" (and reasoning isn't necessarily correct).   Thinking there is probably a creator of some kind may not be accurate but it is rational so long as their is reasoning behind it.  For example,  I have never witnessed anything perfect or infinite or eternal, yet in my consciousness I have a deep feeling that all of those things exist. Since I don't understand how I could feel that way if they didn't actually exist (I don't understand how I could possibly imagine such concepts without them being possible) and in my own mind this feeling of infinite and eternal perfection makes me think its likely to exist.  Thiq is rational. It is not certain.

This is absolutely wrong.  Something isn't rational by default simply because it has reasoning behind it. The reason itself has to be sound and provable. You may feel that something exits because you have a sense of it, or believe you do, but that doesn't make it true.  Many people have a sense of all kinds of things that are not true because human beings are imaginative creatures with the ability to create amazing things in their minds.   I can imagine the feelings of flying in the air, and many have dreamed of such things but I dare anyone to climb to the tallest building and climb off.  That you don't understand the origin or nature of your feelings doesn't mean it doesn't have a rational explanation outside what you have considered or want to believe.
A

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2012, 05:32:59 PM »
The term "rationalize" specifically refers to the act of using flawed logic to justify immoral behavior.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #43 on: December 27, 2012, 05:33:09 PM »
I am a Christian and I feel my view is not rational but your view is not either so we are playing on even grounds here but for some strange reason you think that our concept is magical and yours is not, when in fact it is too.

This is where you argue that I am advocating the big bang.  I have no idea what you are talking about owning getbig.

The term "rationalize" specifically refers to the act of using flawed logic to justify immoral behavior.

You are using the term rationalize in a colloquially way and not in terms of the formulation of a rational argument which requires the use of logic and reason.   It is kind of like when people uses the word theory to mean a personal opinion instead of in its scientific meaning, which is very different.
A

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #44 on: December 27, 2012, 05:37:04 PM »
This is where you argue that I am advocating the big bang.  I have no idea what you are talking about owning getbig.
I am not suggesting you are advocating bigbang you liar. Read my other post;

3 options only

1. God
2. a beginning
3. No beginning

A beginning which does not make sense and not rational or no beginning which also makes no sense or is not rational, take your pick. See no assumptions are made here about any big bang, you are the only jerk assuming things.

get it.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #45 on: December 27, 2012, 05:40:42 PM »
I am not suggesting you are advocating bigbang you liar. Read my other post;

3 options only

1. God
2. a beginning
3. No beginning

get it.

Reread previous post. Why are you getting so upset?   And there is a third option and its the best one because its the most honest.  The most honest answer is, I don't know.
A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: December 27, 2012, 05:41:43 PM »
god is the mathmatical language and lineage of all things

the thing is you dont know math well enough to understand
A

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #47 on: December 27, 2012, 05:41:47 PM »
Logic and reason are both fallible. For example, an argument can be completely prima facie and still be wrong.   Rational only denotes some form of logic/reasoning and is not a marker of accuracy

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #48 on: December 27, 2012, 05:45:00 PM »

Reread previous post. Why are you getting so upset?   And there is a third option and its the best one because its the most honest.  The most honest answer is, I don't know.
Because you are putting words in my mouth.

Your most honest answer of 'i don't know' still leaves you in the same dilema cause although you don't know, you still have no choice but to pick from 2 and 3 and both yield the same results and that is 'nothing rational or logical about those scenarios.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #49 on: December 27, 2012, 05:47:27 PM »
Logic and reason are both fallible. For example, an argument can be completely prima facie and still be wrong.   Rational only denotes some form of logic/reasoning and is not a marker of accuracy

Reason is only a process and is subject to being proven wrong as more information is obtained and evaluated.  I've never argued that it is infallible but it does help bring one closer to what is true, in part by eliminating what is untrue.   Discovering that your argument is flawed is exciting in itself because finding something is wrong is a truth in and of itself.

By the same token, you can't deny that your personal feelings about concepts like perfection and eternity are also not infallible and subject to being wrong.

Because you are putting words in my mouth.

Your most honest answer of 'i don't know' still leaves you in the same dilema cause although you don't know, you still have no choice but to pick from 2 and 3 and both yield the same results and that is 'nothing rational or logical about those scenarios.

I assumed you were saying I was advocating the big bang because in your argument you kept using "you."   You don't have to pick either because in reality the answer has no appreciable effect on your life other than to satisfy a novel curiosity.
A