Author Topic: More HW boxing bullshit  (Read 4868 times)

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
Re: More HW boxing bullshit
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2014, 06:59:16 PM »
this klitchko garbage is rigged 
A

THEBOSS

• Getbig IV
  • Another day of being huge
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2014, 04:25:01 AM »
he will go down in history as one of the top 10 HW"s based on his record and his reign
however, his main problem was a really really poor quality of opposition
they say 80's HW's were crap but the 2005-2014 era was even worse

seriously Leapai wouldnt be good enough to be Larry Holmes 3rd tier sparring partner
::)   You may want to study the HISTORY of the division before spitting out the status quo . What eras are you talking about ? The one where LEON SPINKS beat the greatest ? Do you seriously think the five foot 10 205 pound Joe Frazier would have a chance ? The big Bear Sonny Liston who by the way was the same height as Klits challenger this weekend . How about the 180 pound Floyd Patterson who Sonny won the title from or the 185 pound Marciano  ? Lets look or the 80s when BUSTER won the title and shared it with a couple of junkies like Pinklon  and Larry lost it to the light heavyweight champ . Or fast forward to the 90s when GEORGE won the title ect ect . The division is fine today the KLITS are simply that GOOD

Rascal full

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2014, 04:59:09 AM »
Makes me think there should be a super heavyweight division for giant freaks like the Klitsckos.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2014, 05:00:59 AM »
It's the dearth of really good tall fighters in the last 30 years or so, and it is clearly more visible now. Klitschko is a great fighter, but the competition is simply not there anymore for a fighter this tall. I have no doubt that if you threw him into an era like the 70's, where you had tall fighters like Foreman, Holmes, Lyle, Norton, etc.... it would've certainly tested him more.

Even the journeymen of that era were better than the name heavies out now.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2014, 06:52:59 AM »

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2014, 06:58:23 AM »
"I would like to fight for 10 more years" - Vladimir Klitchsko

http://www.badlefthook.com/2014/4/21/5637020/klitschko-vs-leapai-wladimir-looking-to-fight-for-ten-more-years

He says that now but he'll probably be gone by 2014. A boxer's physical decline can be quite sudden at the age he's at. He'll take out some of the young pretenders like Fury and Wilder and then hang them up.
Overall, I'd place him in the 15-20 bracket of the top HW fighters.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2014, 06:59:16 AM »

JediTerminator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2014, 07:06:41 AM »
HW division would be a lot more exciting if the title was held by an American and fights were in Vegas. nobody wants a 3pm PPV.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2014, 07:19:32 AM »
He says that now but he'll probably be gone by 2014. A boxer's physical decline can be quite sudden at the age he's at. He'll take out some of the young pretenders like Fury and Wilder and then hang them up.
Overall, I'd place him in the 15-20 bracket of the top HW fighters.

He'll always have to answer to those 3 early knockout losses he suffered in his career.

But he adjusted accordingly to protect that suspect chin and changed his fighting style where he simply does not put himself at risk by fighting more cautiously.

Had he fought like he currently does from the very start from his career you would be talking MUCH higher on that list but at the same time I believe the fact that he very well could break the all time longest title defense streak from Joe Louis has to place him higher than 15 to 20.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2014, 07:45:32 AM »
He'll always have to answer to those 3 early knockout losses he suffered in his career.

But he adjusted accordingly to protect that suspect chin and changed his fighting style where he simply does not put himself at risk by fighting more cautiously.

Had he fought like he currently does from the very start from his career you would be talking MUCH higher on that list but at the same time I believe the fact that he very well could break the all time longest title defense streak from Joe Louis has to place him higher than 15 to 20.

I think an issue he (and his brother) has is that neither really could ever claim to be the Number One HW on the planet since that title was pretty much shared by both. Wlad also had a hard time removing the tag of being “Vitali’s chinny younger brother” even though I think he’s the better of the two at least in terms of ability.
If we are judging HW’s on a head to head level, then I think Wlad would fair well, but in terms of overall career, at best he’ll push into the 11-15 bracket. Being a Top 10 HW is pretty prestigious; even Tyson’s inclusion would be debatable. :D

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2014, 08:18:35 AM »
I would like to see him kill fraud Deontay Wilder. I hate that guy

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2014, 08:46:39 AM »
I think an issue he (and his brother) has is that neither really could ever claim to be the Number One HW on the planet since that title was pretty much shared by both. Wlad also had a hard time removing the tag of being “Vitali’s chinny younger brother” even though I think he’s the better of the two at least in terms of ability.
If we are judging HW’s on a head to head level, then I think Wlad would fair well, but in terms of overall career, at best he’ll push into the 11-15 bracket. Being a Top 10 HW is pretty prestigious; even Tyson’s inclusion would be debatable. :D

I'm right there with you on that one as far as breaking the top 10 in a sport that spans over 100 years since it's bareknuckle days.

It's an interesting debate. If he ends up with 25 or so title defense where the fights aren't even the slightest bit close and he does this into his late 30's then that is just unparalleled dominance. You have to find a place for him in the Top 10 at that point. I'm projecting forward a little bit when saying this but there is a decent chance he can pull it off.