Author Topic: NBC/WSJ poll: Obama approval sinks to new low  (Read 21023 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: NBC/WSJ poll: Obama approval sinks to new low
« Reply #125 on: July 28, 2014, 10:24:30 AM »
You have no idea what the president specifically did that constitutes a "high crime or misdemeanor" regarding "Benghazi, F&F, etc." 

sounds like liberal gibberish to me.   

beach, at some point, you gotta quit defending obama and really look at the crimes he's committed.  He could have stopped benghazi and didn't. 

The only thing worse than a lib saying impeachment is off the table... is someone claiming not to be a liberal, saying it.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #126 on: July 28, 2014, 10:27:28 AM »
Obama needs to be tried for treason and other high crimes, impeached, and sent BACK to Kenya where is from.  He is an African and a muslim pos and his policies and values system reflects that

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #127 on: July 28, 2014, 11:50:06 AM »
sounds like liberal gibberish to me.   

beach, at some point, you gotta quit defending obama and really look at the crimes he's committed.  He could have stopped benghazi and didn't. 

The only thing worse than a lib saying impeachment is off the table... is someone claiming not to be a liberal, saying it.

Don't be so hard on yourself.  Being liberal isn't all that bad.  It often makes you less informed and less tolerant, but you liberals are people too.   :)

But I understand what you're doing.  You probably feel guilty for voting for Obama and kneepadding for him for so long.  This impeachment talk is a way to try and make up for it.  It's not working. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: August 06, 2014, 11:57:22 AM »
WSJ/NBC Poll: Obama Approval Hits All-Time Low
Tuesday, 05 Aug 2014
By Todd Beamon

President Barack Obama's approval rating has plunged to an all-time low, as 79 percent of respondents to an Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll said they were dissatisfied with him and the American political system.

"The American public is telling its elected representatives that the economic distress that a significant proportion of them are feeling is directly their fault," Democratic pollster Fred Yang of Hart Research told the Journal. He conducted the poll with Republican Bill McInturff.

"The public seems to have moved beyond the plaintive cry of 'feel our pain' to the more angry pronouncement of 'you are causing our pain,' " Yang added.

That pain has translated into strong feelings among the 1,000 adults polled that their children will not have a better life that they do, that the country is on the wrong track, that America is in a state of decline, that the country is still in recession — and that the nation's economy is not stronger because of unprecedented partisan gridlock in Washington.

"We’re in the summer of our discontent," Peter Hart, a Democratic pollster, told NBC News. "Americans are cranky, unhappy… It is with everything going on the world."

Only 40 percent of those polled between Wednesday and Sunday approve of Obama's performance in the White House — an all-time low, the survey reports. That is down from 41 percent in a June survey.

But President Obama's disapproval rating, 54 percent, matched a previous high — and he got his worst ratings on his handling of foreign policy, 60 percent disapproval to 36 percent approval.

The postings were just as bad for Congress, with only 14 percent supporting what legislators are doing on Capitol Hill. The rating marked the seventh-straight time it has been under 15 percent in an NBC-WSJ poll since 2011.

Republicans are viewed less favorably, 19-54 percent, than Democrats, 31-46 percent.

"I don't think they're working for the middle class," one respondent, Evan Coley, 22, of Albermarle, N.C., told the Journal. He works in an auto-repair shop. "They're trying to help themselves more than anyone else."

Al McCauley, 51, of Greenboro, N.C., who is unemployed, said: "Both sides need to get their act together. They're not working with each other."

Despite these frustrations, however, Americans may not be heading to the polls in record numbers for this fall's congressional elections, the pollsters said.

The dissatisfaction varies with political affiliations — Republicans, Democrats, independents — Hart told NBC.

"We’re unhappy, but we aren’t coalescing around an issue," he said.

Even 57 percent of the survey respondents said that they were so bothered by an issue that they'd easily carry a protest sign for at least one day.

Here are some of the signs:

"Impeach Obama," a female Republican from Ohio said.
"Republicans and Congress, do your job," said a male Democrat from Kentucky.
"Close the borders," added a GOP-leaning female from Massachusetts.
"Stop bombing people in Ukraine and Gaza and Israel," said a male Democrat from Texas.
"Our government needs an overhaul," a female independent from Florida said.

Still, slightly more respondents said that they'd rather have Republicans controlling Congress than Democrats — adding to the general sense among pollsters that the GOP is expected to retain the House and could possibly re-take the Senate this fall.

Republicans need six seats to win back the upper chamber.

"What we're seeing is a good Republican cycle, but not yet like the wave elections we saw in 2006 and 2010," McInturff told the Journal.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/obama-poll-hits-all/2014/08/05/id/587088#ixzz39djAqlE2

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #129 on: August 06, 2014, 04:04:42 PM »
and yet his approval rating is much higher than Congress.
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: August 06, 2014, 04:12:37 PM »
and yet his approval rating is much higher than Congress.

Oh brotha - fail

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #131 on: August 10, 2014, 11:53:00 AM »
Oh brotha - fail

Skip to comments.

President Obama Golfs On Day 1 Of Martha’s Vineyard Vacation
CBS Boston ^ | 8/9/2014 | Michael Rosenfield
Posted on August 10, 2014 at 2:41:32 PM EDT by mojito

...Shortly after arriving, the President turned up at the Farm Neck Golf Club.

Wearing a baseball cap, white shirt and grey pants, Mr. Obama could be seen at one of the early holes and some onlookers tried to snap a photo on the street.

“It’s so exciting to see him play golf,” said Trayce Hillman of Brockton.

The presidential visit brings excitement to the island and businesses hope for a visit from the famous family.

(Excerpt) Read more at boston.cbslocal.com ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: August 12, 2014, 03:26:50 PM »
40 percent of voters approve of the way he’s doing his job.

Seriously, that means 2 in 5 people you pass on the street today - They're COMPLETELY satisfied with Barry.   They think he's kicking ass.  40% of the people in this country... in a country where you gain insane power with only 50.1% of the vote.... a full 40% of people are happy with obama.

I can't fathom it.

Even more freaking baffling - Obama's low point has been 38%.  it's the lowest he's ever reached.
http://www.gallup.com/poll/116479/barack-obama-presidential-job-approval.aspx

Bush's low point? He reached 25% approval rating three times.
http://www.gallup.com/poll/116500/presidential-approval-ratings-george-bush.aspx

That shocked me. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #134 on: August 12, 2014, 03:28:43 PM »
40 percent of voters approve of the way he’s doing his job.

Seriously, that means 2 in 5 people you pass on the street today - They're COMPLETELY satisfied with Barry.   They think he's kicking ass.  40% of the people in this country... in a country where you gain insane power with only 50.1% of the vote.... a full 40% of people are happy with obama.

I can't fathom it.

Even more freaking baffling - Obama's low point has been 38%.  it's the lowest he's ever reached.
http://www.gallup.com/poll/116479/barack-obama-presidential-job-approval.aspx

Bush's low point? He reached 25% approval rating three times.
http://www.gallup.com/poll/116500/presidential-approval-ratings-george-bush.aspx

That shocked me. 

Why does that shock you

Do you remember anything about the Bush Administration, especially the last 12-18 months

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: August 12, 2014, 03:30:59 PM »
Why does that shock you

Do you remember anything about the Bush Administration, especially the last 12-18 months

I'm pretty sure Putin used to deliver breakfast to Dubya and Gold was $27 an ounce under Bush.

Obama ruined everything.  Even Michael Jackson died on Obama's watch. 

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: August 12, 2014, 03:34:06 PM »
I'm pretty sure Putin used to deliver breakfast to Dubya and Gold was $27 an ounce under Bush.

Obama ruined everything.  Even Michael Jackson died on Obama's watch. 

Blacks make up 13% of the population.

What, in your opinion, would it take for Obama to lose their overwhelming support?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: August 12, 2014, 03:38:30 PM »
Blacks make up 13% of the population.

What, in your opinion, would it take for Obama to lose their overwhelming support?

So 100% of black people approve of Obama?   Every single african-american in the USA supports obama, right?   

I don't mean voted for, I mean gives him an APPROVE in the polls.  Would love to see link to this.

Also I'd like to think President Hermann Cain would never dip below 38% also, correct? 

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #138 on: August 12, 2014, 03:43:12 PM »
So 100% of black people approve of Obama?   Every single african-american in the USA supports obama, right?   

I don't mean voted for, I mean gives him an APPROVE in the polls.  Would love to see link to this.

Also I'd like to think President Hermann Cain would never dip below 38% also, correct? 

Did I say 100% of Blacks approved of Obama?

No, but a sizable portion of the population will give him overwhelmingly high approval until he leaves office regardless of any policies he chooses to pursue.

It's just basic math, 240.

40% approval rating while the vast majority of 13% of the population would follow him to the end of the Earth is TERRIBLE poll numbers.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: August 12, 2014, 03:44:44 PM »
Did I say 100% of Blacks approved of Obama?
No, but a sizable portion of the population will give him overwhelmingly high approval until he leaves office regardless of any policies he chooses to pursue.
It's just basic math, 240.
40% approval rating while the vast majority of 13% of the population would follow him to the end of the Earth is TERRIBLE poll numbers.

See, I think it's because poor people are up 13% under obama.  At least.  And poor people love a dem president that hands out food stamps, etc.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: August 12, 2014, 03:49:13 PM »
Always a silver lining for Obamabots. 

How are "poor people up" under Obama?

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: August 12, 2014, 03:50:04 PM »
See, I think it's because poor people are up 13% under obama.  At least.  And poor people love a dem president that hands out food stamps, etc.

Ah so it's a "poor people" issue, rather than a Black issue?

If that's the case care to tell me how Blacks voted in the 2008 Democratic primary with Obama vs. Hillary?

If it's simply because they are "poor"?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #142 on: August 12, 2014, 03:52:34 PM »
Always a silver lining for Obamabots.  
How are "poor people up" under Obama?

WT?   Dude, the number of poor people in the USA has increased under obama.
A record 47 million Americans receive food stamps, about 13 million more than when he took office.

That’s rich: Poverty level under Obama breaks 50-year record
Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jan/7/obamas-rhetoric-on-fighting-poverty-doesnt-match-h/#ixzz3ADlSKMO1
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

I'm the obamabot, but YOU are the one refusing to admit the number of poor americans has skyrocketed under obama?

Come on, man!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: August 12, 2014, 03:54:03 PM »
Ah so it's a "poor people" issue, rather than a Black issue?
If that's the case care to tell me how Blacks voted in the 2008 Democratic primary with Obama vs. Hillary?
If it's simply because they are "poor"?

You cannot shift this from how they voted in 2008, to how they respond to approval polls years later.

I've said it for years - poor people vote dem.  rich people vote repub.  There are exceptions, of course, buffet and whatnot...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: August 12, 2014, 03:54:36 PM »
A record 47 million Americans receive food stamps, about 13 million more than when he took office.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jan/7/obamas-rhetoric-on-fighting-poverty-doesnt-match-h/#ixzz3ADlSKMO1

I'm the obamabot, but YOU are the one refusing to admit the number of poor americans has skyrocketed under obama?

Come on, man!

I thought you were trying to say poor people improved under Obama.

And yes, you are an Obamabot.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #145 on: August 12, 2014, 03:59:04 PM »

Come on, man!

240, just answer me 2 questions.

Obama left Hillary IN THE DUST during the 2008 Democratic Primaries among Blacks.

Why?

Obama has a 85% rating among Blacks and a recent poll cited a 45% approval rating from people making less than 40k a year.

Why?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #146 on: August 12, 2014, 04:07:21 PM »
240, just answer me 2 questions.
Obama left Hillary IN THE DUST during the 2008 Democratic Primaries among Blacks.
Why?
Obama has a 85% rating among Blacks and a recent poll cited a 45% approval rating from people making less than 40k a year.
Why?

Obama won by ONE state, right?   If Hilary takes one more state, she wins the nomination.  Closest race in a while, correct?

Yes, obama owned the black vote.  But Hilary owned the "I ain't voting for him cause of the color of his skin" vote.  Many people in applacian range, tenn, etc were all too happy to go on CNN and shout about how they're voting for hilary because the other candidate is black.   Toss in the fact that 56% of Americans hold some sort of "anti-black" feelings according to AP - http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2012/10/27/poll-black-prejudice-america/1662067/ -

And I have to wonder if his skin color helped, or hurt him more.  Remember, Hilary was evil and polarizing and she was polling at a DISMAL 37% back in 2008 - http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/03/26/hillarys-approval-rating-_n_93614.html

If you ask me how a candidate polling at only 37% can push a candidate like obama (with an approval of 78% in 2008) to the brink of defeat by one state.....  Should have been a BLOWOUT with obama DESTROYING hilary.  But seeing as 56% of the USA holds some sort of anti-black view, I really think skin color HURT obama.  If he looked like JFK 1960, and spoke like barrack obama 2008.... does he still get pushed to the ropes in a close finish with polarizing hilary and her 37% approval?  lol no way dude. 

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #147 on: August 12, 2014, 04:11:54 PM »
Obama won by ONE state, right?   If Hilary takes one more state, she wins the nomination.  Closest race in a while, correct?

Yes, obama owned the black vote.  But Hilary owned the "I ain't voting for him cause of the color of his skin" vote.  Many people in applacian range, tenn, etc were all too happy to go on CNN and shout about how they're voting for hilary because the other candidate is black.   Toss in the fact that 56% of Americans hold some sort of "anti-black" feelings according to AP - http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2012/10/27/poll-black-prejudice-america/1662067/ -

And I have to wonder if his skin color helped, or hurt him more.  Remember, Hilary was evil and polarizing and she was polling at a DISMAL 37% back in 2008 - http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/03/26/hillarys-approval-rating-_n_93614.html

If you ask me how a candidate polling at only 37% can push a candidate like obama (with an approval of 78% in 2008) to the brink of defeat by one state.....  Should have been a BLOWOUT with obama DESTROYING hilary.  But seeing as 56% of the USA holds some sort of anti-black view, I really think skin color HURT obama.  If he looked like JFK 1960, and spoke like barrack obama 2008.... does he still get pushed to the ropes in a close finish with polarizing hilary and her 37% approval?  lol no way dude.  

Why do 85% of Blacks approve of the job Obama is doing right now?

It's a simple question.

85% of poor people don't approve of his job performance. Not even close.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #148 on: August 12, 2014, 04:15:29 PM »
Why does that shock you

what do you think the last 12-18 months of this one will be like?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #149 on: August 12, 2014, 04:17:57 PM »
what do you think the last 12-18 months of this one will be like?

:-\