Author Topic: Girlfriends - Do you have one? Rough times?  (Read 26498 times)

Voland

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • when you go scat you never come back ;)
Re: How to get over rough times in a relationship?
« Reply #75 on: March 12, 2012, 11:12:57 AM »
my gf decided to end our relationship today. She told me we can still be friends. i told her the only friends i hang out with are my bros.
I'm having pizza night today with a new girl who is into me. Lets see how it works.
Boundary Breaker

dustin

« Reply #76 on: March 12, 2012, 11:13:13 AM »
Go fuck yourself. Hope this helps. ;D

But in all seriousness, just find something else to break the tension. My wife and I can get close to murdering each other in cold blood and then a friend might pop by and we're all faggy and lovey dovey. The hard part usually is getting rid of the bitches and finding the time apart to cool off.

Maybe hit the gym or do whatever it is you do for a hobby. Just get away from the bitch until she's cooled off. Women are volatile and irrational creatures. They don't care to reason and fix problems, they just like to engage in conflict. My tactic now is to find my happy place and just let my wife get it out of her system without it phasing me. When I used to really get engaged it drove me insane but no I just ride the storm and all is well. 8)

Domthemilky

• Getbig II
« Reply #77 on: March 12, 2012, 11:13:42 AM »
Let this be a lesson...don't get overly vested in a relationship! Know when to say WHEN!

yeah its hard though, when you're in a relationship at the start you kinda go with the flow and then everyday things just become life. im just gunna shut up and go do some heavy upright rows to feel better about myself.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #78 on: March 12, 2012, 11:14:48 AM »
Domthemilky, I've dealt with broken heart, like "torn to shreds" broken heart, but I rose from it and got stronger and wiser and was glad the relationship ended.

I just don't want another mediocre middle school level therapy thread about relationships where booty and newmom and primemuscle form their fucking group of "wisdome" to help you suckers.

Every person goes through sorrow, hatered and fear. Part of life. Chew it up, swallow it and shit it out.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: March 12, 2012, 11:15:02 AM »
take 4 grams of gear a week

and a mountain of coke at the weekends

interspersed with fucking sluts

problem solved  :)
T

Domthemilky

• Getbig II
« Reply #80 on: March 12, 2012, 11:16:33 AM »
my gf decided to end our relationship today. She told me we can still be friends. i told her the only friends i hang out with are my bros.
I'm having pizza night today with a new girl who is into me. Lets see how it works.

lol unfortunetly im not really interested in seeing other girls at the moment. It's differnet when its 100% clear its over though with closure or say she cheated then it would be real easy for me to just say fuck it and forget her but its not that simple.

Go fuck yourself. Hope this helps. ;D

But in all seriousness, just find something else to break the tension. My wife and I can get close to murdering each other in cold blood and then a friend might pop by and we're all faggy and lovey dovey. The hard part usually is getting rid of the bitches and finding the time apart to cool off.

Maybe hit the gym or do whatever it is you do for a hobby. Just get away from the bitch until she's cooled off. Women are volatile and irrational creatures. They don't care to reason and fix problems, they just like to engage in conflict. My tactic now is to find my happy place and just let my wife get it out of her system without it phasing me. When I used to really get engaged it drove me insane but no I just ride the storm and all is well. 8)

ye i was supposed to see her tonight after work but she says its probably better we dont see each other. i just said ok and she can think things through, but when u feel like shit its difficult to focus on other things, specially as ive got 2 days off now so im gonna be at home winding myself up.

A Professional

• Getbig IV
« Reply #81 on: March 12, 2012, 11:16:47 AM »
What would you guys do or have you guys done when things in your relationship are not going well. I'm having alot of arguments with my girlfriend and i found out some stuff recently that really hurts inside even if it snot a big deal. Now we are thinking things over and deciding whether to continue our relationship or end it here. Sucks because we had lots of plans for holidays and to me it seems out the blue. Spent the entire day feeling like someone had stabbed me in the gut and got that achey feeling inside. Going to go gym in an hour or so and eat really well to hopefully make myself feel better.

I'm sure i'll get some typical getbigger responses but I am curious as to what some of you did to get over break ups or rough times in your relationship. I kind of feel like a failure aswell and that I should of tried harder and almost like I should have listened to her more. But then I suppose this is a typical reaction when things get bad, you question yourself and your lifestyle. Relationships are hard fucking work!

You just break up and start the process all over again, letting a little piece of yourself die each time, until you eventually become cold and dead inside.
At that point you've become a man.

Domthemilky

• Getbig II
« Reply #82 on: March 12, 2012, 11:18:08 AM »
Domthemilky, I've dealt with broken heart, like "torn to shreds" broken heart, but I rose from it and got stronger and wiser and was glad the relationship ended.

I just don't want another mediocre middle school level therapy thread about relationships where booty and newmom and primemuscle form their fucking group of "wisdome" to help you suckers.

Every person goes through sorrow, hatered and fear. Part of life. Chew it up, swallow it and shit it out.

yeah i know you've probably been through worse but it kinda helps talking to people who have been through the same and just listening. the worst thing is my sitting at home keeping it inside. I know i sound like a pussy   ;D and i know i shouldnt feel sorry for myself but its difficult cause I haven't felt like this in so long till now.

JAM

• Getbig III
  • いちごいちえ
« Reply #83 on: March 12, 2012, 11:19:16 AM »
Relationships are hard and require lots of work.  Communication is key and there should always be kindness, trust, and respect as the basis of the relationship.  But why stop doing what you like or your lifestyle?  

If anything the other person should enhance your lifestyle and want to share a life with you.  Of course this means compromise and lots of effort.  If that "want" isn't there to be with the other person then hang it up because it won't work.

;)

dfresh

• Getbig III
« Reply #84 on: March 12, 2012, 11:19:21 AM »
hey man idk if you saw, but i started a similar thread up. sucks bro we've all been there, my best advice would just be to take things one day at a time. i dont know your situation, but me and my girl are going through some hard times.

we live together and she has two kids so that plays into it as well, but we are just taking things day by day after we sat down and discussed the whole situation

best of luck man...keep your head up

dustin

« Reply #85 on: March 12, 2012, 11:19:58 AM »
ye i was supposed to see her tonight after work but she says its probably better we dont see each other. i just said ok and she can think things through, but when u feel like shit its difficult to focus on other things, specially as ive got 2 days off now so im gonna be at home winding myself up.

Yeah, once she chills out it's a whole different ball game. Just don't get sucked into it... I let my wife do that for years and it was really exhausting.

I even tell mine straight up that I'll let her bitch until she gets it out of her system, then when she's willing to not be a retard we can act like adults and hash shit out. She flips shit in the heat of the moment but when she's calm, she'll just roll her eyes and laugh it off because she knows women are crazy bitches. ;D

If things don't work out, the least you can do is make the best of a bad situation and learn from all the mistakes that were made on both ends. I'm not a genius or anything, but I know how NOT to fuck things up because of the mistakes I've made in the past. Same thing applies to anything in life.

Domthemilky

• Getbig II
« Reply #86 on: March 12, 2012, 11:21:33 AM »
Yeah, once she chills out it's a whole different ball game. Just don't get sucked into it... I let my wife do that for years and it was really exhausting.

I even tell mine straight up that I'll let her bitch until she gets it out of her system, then when she's willing to not be a retard we can act like adults and hash shit out. She flips shit in the heat of the moment but when she's calm, she'll just roll her eyes and laugh it off because she knows women are crazy bitches. ;D

If things don't work out, the least you can do is make the best of a bad situation and learn from all the mistakes that were made on both ends. I'm not a genius or anything, but I know how NOT to fuck things up because of the mistakes I've made in the past. Same thing applies to anything in life.

your wife sounds a lot more hot headed than my girlfriend lol. last night it was mainly me getting angry and saying shit and her just apologising but I don't want her to say sorry. i just want her to tell me how she feels. I'm more annoyed she couldn't fucking speak to me about things before it got to this stage. I'm a real laid back guy and I'm up for whatever. Another big issue is her wanting to go travelling and I don't really want to do that, doesn't interest me. but thats another story lol

Domthemilky

• Getbig II
« Reply #87 on: March 12, 2012, 11:23:46 AM »
hey man idk if you saw, but i started a similar thread up. sucks bro we've all been there, my best advice would just be to take things one day at a time. i dont know your situation, but me and my girl are going through some hard times.

we live together and she has two kids so that plays into it as well, but we are just taking things day by day after we sat down and discussed the whole situation

best of luck man...keep your head up

cheers man, appreciate it. I went to see my training partner last night and he helped alot and told me not to make any impulsive decisions. i suppose all i can do is wait. I just hate the fact anyone has power over me, i'd much rather be back to the times where all I cared about was going out drinking and attention from girls, but saying that i've had some great experiences with my girlfriend and it would be shame just to throw all that away.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: March 12, 2012, 11:24:26 AM »
I am with the dude who says to never get too emotionally invested in a romantic relationship. They very rarely become anything more than anger, resentment and frustration.

NEVER marry. And if possible, never live with a woman.

With all this said, don't stress about keeping the relationship going. When it stalls, for whatever reason, just ditch it and find another broad. They're a dime a dozen, just like guys are for them.

I learned all this the hard way.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: March 12, 2012, 11:24:35 AM »
yeah i know you've probably been through worse but it kinda helps talking to people who have been through the same and just listening. the worst thing is my sitting at home keeping it inside. I know i sound like a pussy   ;D and i know i shouldnt feel sorry for myself but its difficult cause I haven't felt like this in so long till now.

This anti male society (the entire planet) has brainwashed us to think that men can't speak about their emotions with other men, or that makes them pussys or fags, EVEN though men have the exact same needs and feelings as women do, how stupid is that.

Women are almost the same as men, and it's only healthy to talk with another heterosexual male about sorrow and the feeling of loss. Men allways joke around about sorrow and fear, no wonder men are avaragely much more depressed than women are.

Listen, just think it over. I know how you feel, but life goes on and you will become wiser. And even though you might get laid inbetween these months, you will feel like you've gone forward, but then there will become times you feel a little less comfortable about it, but it means you're going through it and you're gonna make it.

When I lost my "only love of my life, my life energy" girlfriend, I thought I died. But I just changed. It was very hard at the beginning but after 2 months I was able to start moving forward, but it's because I dealt with my emotions everyday, I talked to my uncles, my friend, my mom, crying like a baby... but then finally I got the courage to say "tsssh, fuck that" and moved on.
And this was a woman who was my soulmate, believe me.

No anti depressants, no weed, no nothing.

Believe in yourself!

JAM

• Getbig III
  • いちごいちえ
« Reply #90 on: March 12, 2012, 11:27:30 AM »
This anti male society (the entire planet) has brainwashed us to think that men can't speak about their emotions with other men, or that makes them pussys or fags, EVEN though men have the exact same needs and feelings as women do, how stupid is that.

Womenen are almost the same as men, and it's only healthy to talk with another heterosexual male about sorrow and the feeling of loss. Men allways joke around about sorrow and fear, no wonder men are avaragely much more depressed than women are.

Listen, just think it over. I know how you feel, but life goes on and you will become wiser. And even though you might get laid inbetween these months, you will feel like you've gone forward, but then there will become times you feel a little less comfortable about it, but it means you're going through it and you're gonna make it.

When I lost my "only love of my life, my life energy" girlfriend, I thought I died. But I just changed. It was very hard at the beginning but after 2 months I was able to start moving forward, but it's because I dealth my emotions everyday, I talked to my uncles, my friend, my mom, crying like a baby... but then finally I got the courage to say "tsssh, fuck that" and moved on.
And this was a woman who was my soulmate, believe me. No anti depressants, no weed, no nothing.

Believe in yourself!

Exactly!  Don't change your lifestyle or what makes you happy.  Be yourself and the rest will fall in place.   ;)

Domthemilky

• Getbig II
« Reply #91 on: March 12, 2012, 11:29:18 AM »
I am with the dude who says to never get too emotionally invested in a romantic relationship. They very rarely become anything more than anger, resentment and frustration.

NEVER marry. And if possible, never live with a woman.

With all this said, don't stress about keeping the relationship going. When it stalls, for whatever reason, just ditch it and find another broad. They're a dime a dozen, just like guys are for them.

I learned all this the hard way.

i agree thats sounds good in theory, but how do you not get emotionally invested in a relationship? hold back throughout ? whats the point if you're going to try hold back constantly. I never even had intentions of marrying this girl, I just get on really well with her, but it seems like theres a hold side of her when drinking that I don't even know about so maybe I don't know her at all. If there had been more warning signs about it turning sour I would feel much better but it just seems out of the blue. And I know, where I live there are PLENTY of good looking girls, but at the moment that really makes no difference to me.

Womenen are almost the same as men, and it's only healthy to talk with another heterosexual male about sorrow and the feeling of loss. Men allways joke around about sorrow and fear, no wonder men are avaragely much more depressed than women are.

When I lost my "only love of my life, my life energy" girlfriend, I thought I died. But I just changed. It was very hard at the beginning but after 2 months I was able to start moving forward, but it's because I dealt with my emotions everyday, I talked to my uncles, my friend, my mom, crying like a baby... but then finally I got the courage to say "tsssh, fuck that" and moved on.
And this was a woman who was my soulmate, believe me.

No anti depressants, no weed, no nothing.

Believe in yourself!

I know you're right and I know my situation is far better than most peoples. I guess I need to stop being a pussy and just take each day as it comes. I just feel like shit at the moment and its hard to be positive. I appreciate your comments though dude.

dfresh

• Getbig III
« Reply #92 on: March 12, 2012, 11:29:44 AM »
cheers man, appreciate it. I went to see my training partner last night and he helped alot and told me not to make any impulsive decisions. i suppose all i can do is wait. I just hate the fact anyone has power over me, i'd much rather be back to the times where all I cared about was going out drinking and attention from girls, but saying that i've had some great experiences with my girlfriend and it would be shame just to throw all that away.

any time man. i hear you bro, idk your age but being 23 it has crossed my mind before.....to go back to the single life...go out, get fucked up, bang random bitches. but while thats all fun and all, at the end of the day its the same shit...spending hundreds of dollars each weekend, possibly getting into fights, and risking catching an std from that random girl you smashed on the beach

but i found a girl that makes me happy and takes care of me. as a man i realize i have a problem and thats why im getting help about it...fuck the whole" im too good for that" attitude. sorry for the rant but just giving you some personal experiences here. again man take it day by day, i know you've heard it before(probably from your mother lol) but things will work out how they're supposed to. keep moving forward!

dustin

« Reply #93 on: March 12, 2012, 11:30:18 AM »
your wife sounds a lot more hot headed than my girlfriend lol. last night it was mainly me getting angry and saying shit and her just apologising but I don't want her to say sorry. i just want her to tell me how she feels. I'm more annoyed she couldn't fucking speak to me about things before it got to this stage. I'm a real laid back guy and I'm up for whatever. Another big issue is her wanting to go travelling and I don't really want to do that, doesn't interest me. but thats another story lol

Yeah, my wife is something else. I love her but I never knew she had such a mental side to her. I love her and all that faggy stuff though so I put up with it and hope she'll learn to relax like me. Like yourself I'm pretty calm as fuck and realizing that women are bat shit crazy helps me to cope lol ;D

If only my wife would hit the bong life would be so much easier. I nearly have to force feed her to take a Tylenol.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: March 12, 2012, 11:31:32 AM »
I know you're right and I know my situation is far better than most peoples. I guess I need to stop being a pussy and just take each day as it comes. I just feel like shit at the moment and its hard to be positive. I appreciate your comments though dude.

Trust me, you'll feel better after awhile. Just be happy that you still have emotions, I mean look at the future view of the new world order where people are chipped and controlled how they think and feel, I mean people will think it's weird to "feel" at all :D.

You'll do just fine  8)

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: March 12, 2012, 11:32:05 AM »
What would you guys do or have you guys done when things in your relationship are not going well. I'm having alot of arguments with my girlfriend and i found out some stuff recently that really hurts inside even if it snot a big deal. Now we are thinking things over and deciding whether to continue our relationship or end it here. Sucks because we had lots of plans for holidays and to me it seems out the blue. Spent the entire day feeling like someone had stabbed me in the gut and got that achey feeling inside. Going to go gym in an hour or so and eat really well to hopefully make myself feel better.

I'm sure i'll get some typical getbigger responses but I am curious as to what some of you did to get over break ups or rough times in your relationship. I kind of feel like a failure aswell and that I should of tried harder and almost like I should have listened to her more. But then I suppose this is a typical reaction when things get bad, you question yourself and your lifestyle. Relationships are hard fucking work!

Both read this and apply to relationship (if only one reads and applies things will still improve):
R

Domthemilky

• Getbig II
« Reply #96 on: March 12, 2012, 11:36:13 AM »
any time man. i hear you bro, idk your age but being 23 it has crossed my mind before.....to go back to the single life...go out, get fucked up, bang random bitches. but while thats all fun and all, at the end of the day its the same shit...spending hundreds of dollars each weekend, possibly getting into fights, and risking catching an std from that random girl you smashed on the beach

but i found a girl that makes me happy and takes care of me. as a man i realize i have a problem and thats why im getting help about it...fuck the whole" im too good for that" attitude. sorry for the rant but just giving you some personal experiences here. again man take it day by day, i know you've heard it before(probably from your mother lol) but things will work out how they're supposed to. keep moving forward!

yeah i used to drink so often and always love talking to other girls till I met my girlfriend. even when we got together I'd still flirt like crazy and love attention but about a year in things felt alot more serious and I started to actually respect her and stop doing it just because I felt it was wrong. I still get tempted of course when I see a girl that looks amazing but I would never cheat cause I know its never worth it and I didn't want to ruin this. I never drink anymore it would feel so strange to go out 'clubbing'. I also didn't go to Uni because I wanted to stay with this girl and ended up working some crappy job I don't really enjoy but its just a source of income. I probably would of been far better off ending it there but now im in too deep. I'll just have to see whether we will stay together in a few days.

One thing I definetly don't want to do is: be friends or having an on off relationship. I cannot be fucked with all that shit, ive been through it before, the jealousy, the arguments and it never works out. Even though my girlfriend was probably my best friend I would want no contact at all. would be too difficult.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: March 12, 2012, 11:38:22 AM »
Yes, hold back, always.

Only tell the girl what she needs to know, not an inch more. As said, I have learned all this the hard way.

Chicks can turn on a dime, unlike most men. One day you're their entire world; the next, someone "from their past" (and they recover emotionally much, MUCH faster than males).

Loyalty is not an attribute found strongly in females.

io856

« Reply #98 on: March 12, 2012, 11:39:30 AM »
relationship hahaha  :D

Domthemilky

• Getbig II
« Reply #99 on: March 12, 2012, 11:40:42 AM »
Yes, hold back, always.

Only tell the girl what she needs to know, not an inch more. As said, I have learned all this the hard way.

Chicks can turn on a dime, unlike most men. One day you're their entire world; the next, someone "from their past" (and they recover emotionally much, MUCH faster than males).

Loyalty is not an attribute found strongly in females.

i feel your right about that. Feels like it's going to take me ages to recover and she's probably going to be talking to her friends now and thinking about moving on already. The amount of times I told her last night to fuck off and not speak to me again and she just stood there crying. felt so bad but at the same time I know i shouldn't be sympathetic and that I don't mean it, its just anger taking over my emotions.