Author Topic: Keto diet  (Read 6322 times)

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
Re: Keto diet
« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2024, 07:17:18 AM »
Who are these triathletes? This is one of the top gels for endurance.

You don’t seem to understand. Once you get into the 80% VOmax range, fat use as a fuel falls off a cliff and glucose becomes the preferred fuel source out of necessity.

As was said , Keto is almost like a religion and its advocates can’t accept this reality.
This dude just finished a marathon on pure carnivore diet

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2024, 07:19:37 AM »
The recommended Western Diet is 300-400 gms carbs a day.

Americans eat most of these carbs in processed foods.

It's a cheap way to feed a population and prevent starvation.

It results in obesity and diabetes eventually for many.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2024, 07:20:26 AM »
In which one of these countries is the standard diet Keto?

It’s not carbs. It’s excess. These countries have low obesity rates:

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2024, 07:21:32 AM »
This dude just finished a marathon on pure carnivore diet

What gels did he use?

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2024, 07:26:10 AM »
What gels did he use?
None,  he also just completed a full month of drinking only raw milk.

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: February 15, 2024, 07:28:59 AM »
Read the caption, he ran it fasted, zero carb

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #56 on: February 15, 2024, 07:30:07 AM »
None,  he also just completed a full month of drinking only raw milk.

So, how is he so fat?

I looked at his time. He ran it at over 8min per mile pace. For a guy his age that’s a bit faster than jogging.

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: February 15, 2024, 07:31:06 AM »
Why raw milk over pasteurised?

Is there really that big of a difference scientifically?

It seems like a meme to me tbh.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: February 15, 2024, 07:32:41 AM »
In which one of these countries is the standard diet Keto?

It’s not carbs. It’s excess. These countries have low obesity rates:

You are free to eat a low calorie, carb heavy diet.  You will not be happy starving yourself to stay slim.

I prefer to eat a low carb, high fat, moderate protein diet and not feel hungry at all.

Chinese who ate mainly rice and beans in decades past were skinny because they were starving. 

Yep, Americans are fat slobs who over-eat highly processed carbs.

No question.

Obesity is also appearing greatly in Asia since the Western Diet is gaining popularity.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: February 15, 2024, 07:33:33 AM »
Competitive "Keto" Triathletes and Marathon runners still carb load pre meet and to a lesser extent pre training. The competitive advantage for them is that they don't need to load up on as many carbs vs who don't follow keto diets. This means they are less likely to suffer from GI issues which is the number issue for endurance athletes.

This discussion seems to come up every 6 months or so on here. Someone posts some nonsensical keto stuff, it gets debunked and then they fade away completely ignoring the real facts. 6 months later the tards are back at it

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #60 on: February 15, 2024, 07:33:36 AM »
Btw, since when does raw milk have no carbs?

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: February 15, 2024, 07:34:10 AM »
Apparently, WebMD recommends a daily caloric intake of less than 1,000 calories!

You'll stay skinny on that but you won't be happy.

I remember my fat Type-2 diabetic aunt had to go on a 1,000 calories diet to lose weight.  It's starving yourself.

130 grams carbs x 4 calories per gram = 520 calories / 60% = 866 calories  :o

https://www.webmd.com/diet/foods-high-in-carbs

Why You Should Reduce Carbs

Carbs are an excellent source of energy for active people, but sedentary people should moderate their carbohydrate intake to maintain a healthy weight. The recommended daily amount of carbs for the average adult is 130 grams, or between 45% and 65% of your total calorie intake. 

High-carb diets have been connected to a higher risk of chronic disease, decreased physical activity, and obesity. However, carbohydrate quality has been shown to play a more critical role in health than the amount of carbs. 

Carbs from processed grains and added sugars may increase the risk of obesity, diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and some cancers. When grains are processed, or refined, many nutrients and most of the fiber are removed, leaving a grain that has a longer shelf life but is less healthy than a whole grain. Processed grains include white breads, white rice, cakes, crackers, and similar.

Carbs such as whole grains, non-starchy vegetables, whole fruits, and legumes have been shown to be healthful.

Carb intake from processed grains and added sugars may increase the risk of:

Metabolic disease

Research shows that a diet of excessive carbs may cause a higher occurrence of metabolic disease. Metabolic disease, or metabolic syndrome, is a group of risk factors that contribute to heart disease and diabetes. Metabolic syndrome’s risk factors include high blood pressure, high blood sugar, high triglycerides, low HDL cholesterol (the “good cholesterol”), and belly fat. 

Obesity

Research shows that a starchy, high-carb diet may lead to decreased physical activity, and, ultimately, increased weight gain. Excessive weight gain can lead to obesity.

Diabetes

High-carb diets from sugary and starchy sources have been shown to lead to increased weight gain. Excessive weight gain can raise the occurrence of diabetes.

Cardiovascular disease

Diets that are high in carbohydrates, especially from high-starch and high-sugar foods, may increase the risk of cardiovascular disease.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #62 on: February 15, 2024, 07:34:27 AM »
So, how is he so fat?

I looked at his time. He ran it at over 8min per mile pace. For a guy his age that’s a bit faster than jogging.

lulz

an 8 min pace FUCKING SUCKS :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: February 15, 2024, 07:36:07 AM »
Why raw milk over pasteurised?

Is there really that big of a difference scientifically?

It seems like a meme to me tbh.
Raw milk contains all the healthy bacteria and enzymes to help you digest lactose, 95% of the population think they're lactose intolerant, they're not, it's just Pasturization kills all the healthy enzymes and bacteria that aid in Digestion of lactose.
So, how is he so fat?

He's pretty lean at the moment, not really concerned about times, the guy is just proving you don't need cabs for performance, is it optimal performance, not really sure, but all these idiots slamming glucose all day everyday should wake up and realize we all have thousands of calories in our fat stores.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: February 15, 2024, 07:36:11 AM »
You are free to eat a low calorie, carb heavy diet.  You will not be happy starving yourself to stay slim.

I prefer to eat a low carb, high fat, moderate protein diet and not feel hungry at all.

Chinese who ate mainly rice and beans in decades past were skinny because they were starving. 

Yep, Americans are fat slobs who over-eat highly processed carbs.

No question.

Obesity is also appearing greatly in Asia since the Western Diet is gaining popularity.

The food pyramid was created after the 2nd World war to try and get farmers producing again and filling peoples bellies with food, it has zero to do with eating for optimum health

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #65 on: February 15, 2024, 07:38:40 AM »
Btw, since when does raw milk have no carbs?
He ran the marathon on zero carbs, he now just did this raw milk experiment.  I myself drink raw milk pre and post workout and still stay in Ketosis, its called targeted keto, I can get as much as 50-60g  carbs from raw milk, and measure my ketones their always between. 05-1.5.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #66 on: February 15, 2024, 07:41:21 AM »
Apparently, WebMD recommends a daily caloric intake of less than 1,000 calories!

You'll stay skinny on that but you won't be happy.

130 grams carbs x 4 calories per gram = 520 calories / 60% = 866 calories  :o

https://www.webmd.com/diet/foods-high-in-carbs

Why You Should Reduce Carbs

Carbs are an excellent source of energy for active people, but sedentary people should moderate their carbohydrate intake to maintain a healthy weight. The recommended daily amount of carbs for the average adult is 130 grams, or between 45% and 65% of your total calorie intake. 

High-carb diets have been connected to a higher risk of chronic disease, decreased physical activity, and obesity. However, carbohydrate quality has been shown to play a more critical role in health than the amount of carbs. 

Carbs from processed grains and added sugars may increase the risk of obesity, diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and some cancers. When grains are processed, or refined, many nutrients and most of the fiber are removed, leaving a grain that has a longer shelf life but is less healthy than a whole grain. Processed grains include white breads, white rice, cakes, crackers, and similar.

Carbs such as whole grains, non-starchy vegetables, whole fruits, and legumes have been shown to be healthful.

Carb intake from processed grains and added sugars may increase the risk of:

Metabolic disease

Research shows that a diet of excessive carbs may cause a higher occurrence of metabolic disease. Metabolic disease, or metabolic syndrome, is a group of risk factors that contribute to heart disease and diabetes. Metabolic syndrome’s risk factors include high blood pressure, high blood sugar, high triglycerides, low HDL cholesterol (the “good cholesterol”), and belly fat. 

Obesity

Research shows that a starchy, high-carb diet may lead to decreased physical activity, and, ultimately, increased weight gain. Excessive weight gain can lead to obesity.

Diabetes

High-carb diets from sugary and starchy sources have been shown to lead to increased weight gain. Excessive weight gain can raise the occurrence of diabetes.

Cardiovascular disease

Diets that are high in carbohydrates, especially from high-starch and high-sugar foods, may increase the risk of cardiovascular disease.

average adult lulz

i'm sooooo far left of being average BAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #67 on: February 15, 2024, 07:44:29 AM »
The food pyramid was created after the 2nd World war to try and get farmers producing again and filling peoples bellies with food, it has zero to do with eating for optimum health

Now they all pretty much push the mediterranean diet as optimal. Do you see any ulterior motives there?

There's this idea that vegetables work hormetically, that is they cause a little stress on the system that the body reacts to by building up it's own defences. Different herbs like curcumin are thought ti work this way, I think milk thistle too. I can believe it.

"Hormesis is a two-phased dose-response relationship to an environmental agent whereby low-dose amounts have a beneficial effect and high-dose amounts are either inhibitory to function or toxic.[1][2] Within the hormetic zone, the biological response to low-dose amounts of some stressors is generally favorable."

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: February 15, 2024, 07:52:25 AM »
Now they all pretty much push the mediterranean diet as optimal. Do you see any ulterior motives there?

There's this idea that vegetables work hormetically, that is they cause a little stress on the system that the body reacts to by building up it's own defences. Different herbs like curcumin are thought ti work this way, I think milk thistle too. I can believe it.

"Hormesis is a two-phased dose-response relationship to an environmental agent whereby low-dose amounts have a beneficial effect and high-dose amounts are either inhibitory to function or toxic.[1][2] Within the hormetic zone, the biological response to low-dose amounts of some stressors is generally favorable."
plants have evolved mechanisms over millions of years to stop themselves being eaten (apple seeds and Almonds contain cyanide) also look up oxalates...

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Cruising on caffeine and blasting with melatonin
« Reply #69 on: February 15, 2024, 08:07:22 AM »
You got healthier because you lost weight. That improves all health markers. Most people get fat in middle age and a result their health and performance decline more than they otherwise would.

IMO the sweet spot for active people is 150-200 grams of carbs. The problem is that fat fvcks who don’t exercise eat 400g+. This results in weight gain and chronic high blood sugar which eventually leads to health issues.

Obviously,  thats not a mystery. I think there are advantages to keto with inflamation and blood lipids too.

MajorDomo

• Getbig III
  • I'm here to chew bubblegum
« Reply #70 on: February 15, 2024, 08:16:12 AM »
8 min marathon pace, lolol 3.5 hours. Might as well stay home and watch TV- you'll get the same benefit.

Any sport that requires anaerobic glycolysis for peak performance falls flat on its face with keto. I raced as a Category 2 cyclist (elite level in the USA)  before and after keto. Totally turned to shit on keto once we starting hitting 30+ mph efforts- literally because the carbs in my legs were depleted. In one race series after experiencing this, I immediately started carb loading at about 300+ grams per day and my performance skyrocketed- I was back in the top 10.

I just read an article about "climate change" fanatics who refuse to believe anything that questions their devotion to the cause, so no point in giving any data from PubMed. This would be like arguing with OAK :)

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #71 on: February 15, 2024, 08:17:18 AM »
8 min marathon pace, lolol 3.5 hours. Might as well stay home and watch TV- you'll get the same benefit.

Any sport that requires anaerobic glycolysis for peak performance falls flat on its face with keto. I raced as a Category 2 cyclist (elite level in the USA)  before and after keto. Totally turned to shit on keto once we starting hitting 30+ mph efforts- literally because the carbs in my legs were depleted. In one race series after experiencing this, I immediately started carb loading at about 300+ grams per day and my performance skyrocketed- I was back in the top 10.

I just read an article about "climate change" fanatics who refuse to believe anything that questions their devotion to the cause, so no point in giving any data from PubMed. This would be like arguing with OAK :)

like i said 8 min pace BAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA A

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #72 on: February 15, 2024, 08:43:39 AM »

This is gonna hurt some feelings.😂😂

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: February 15, 2024, 08:50:36 AM »

so you placed 10th, well done.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #74 on: February 15, 2024, 09:06:13 AM »
like i said 8 min pace BAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA A

It’s not bad for a recreational hobby jogger, but, to put it in perspective, the U.S Olympic trials qualifying standard is 2:18:00 which is about 3 minutes per mile faster.