Author Topic: Why 240 was wrong  (Read 15338 times)

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Why 240 was wrong
« Reply #50 on: May 05, 2006, 03:36:59 PM »
Until you take the mutt out to the barn and blow it's head off with a shotgum paw...                                                                                    

Why would you shoot a perfectly good fighting/hunting dog ?

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2006, 03:38:20 PM »
It tasted blood? ;D      Seriously though I like 240, he shells it out but takes it like a man too.

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2006, 03:38:26 PM »
Bob was talking smack about the ability to check credit card and buying records on BB.com

Rob called bullshit

Chick got cocky

Rob and others emailed BB.com

BB.com contacted Rob....Rob owned chick

Chick was talking shit and was told to stop posting nonsense

Chick m*lted

Rob caught Chick in several lies

Chick m*lted

Rob drank a Powerade

Why does this story sound so right?...and likely...(?)

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #53 on: May 05, 2006, 04:38:59 PM »
240 this time it wasnt your fault
but in every other instance it was

pkaz

• Getbig III
« Reply #54 on: May 05, 2006, 04:45:29 PM »
Cav,

I honestly, don't know.  If Bob is immature enough to verify a purchase that I made there (which he was raring to do that night), he could very easily have dropped proof of it, which could have been something like my shipping address or a credit card number. 

I was just playing the antagonist role.  Bob is paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to be the public face of BBing.com.  All I did was get him to prove himself as a liar, a bluffer, and unscrupulous. 

Everyone knows what I do.  I push buttons, I spark debates, and I get ppl to sometimes show their true colors.  I won't lie, I'm a prick sometimes.  But Bob was the one who told me to contact BBing.com. 

Lets be honest 240. You’re a prick period!!! And if anyone is immature and should grow up-Well hey, look in the mirror..

hillbilly

• Getbig III
  • LOOK! the crazy cat is back and packing a gat!
« Reply #55 on: May 05, 2006, 04:48:51 PM »
As many of the more sensible people have said here, what happens at GetBig should remain in the realm of GetBig.  This is the internet, people. 

More importantly, Rob runs an internet business of his own.  I don't know who all his customers are, but based on his actions, some of them *could* be thinking, 'Gee, this guy is crazy.  What if he goes nuts and decides to start harrassing me at MY job next??'

The trust requirements for online commerce are greater than those for brick-and-mortar businesses. 

And it doesn't stop with Rob's business.  Every individual who commits an act like that has the potential to make other customers that much more wary of doing business online.  This impacts not only Rob, but also anyone else involved in legitimate e-commerce, no matter the size of the operation. 

No one can change 240's personality, but I do hope he'll stop and think next time before going off half-cocked on another witch hunt.   

good point!

However at least everyone has heard of him and anyone who has taken the time to read his posts of late will think he's a bit crazy but still a nice enough guy and because he's made some pretty cool websites for other ppl i think wat he posts will hurt him at all at this point

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #56 on: May 05, 2006, 04:54:10 PM »
My clients know what they get with me.  Yeah, I do have some outspoken moments and I'm not a company man.  I'm by no means a politician.  And that's why some people have me work anonymously on their site, so they don't piss off the higher ups.  Which is fine :)

hillbilly

• Getbig III
  • LOOK! the crazy cat is back and packing a gat!
« Reply #57 on: May 05, 2006, 04:57:51 PM »
good point!

However at least everyone has heard of him and anyone who has taken the time to read his posts of late will think he's a bit crazy but still a nice enough guy and because he's made some pretty cool websites for other ppl i think wat he posts will hurt him at all at this point

spot the error in my last post!

i meant to say "i dont think wat he posts will hurt him" (its gettin kinda late here in England)

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: May 05, 2006, 05:29:24 PM »
spot the error in my last post!

i meant to say "i dont think wat he posts will hurt him" (its gettin kinda late here in England)

Spotted it in this one.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: May 05, 2006, 07:05:12 PM »
 240, has Bob apologized to you yet?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #60 on: May 05, 2006, 08:58:49 PM »
Lets get a few things straight.

The point/ argument between me and 240 was based on whether or not he ever ACTUALLY ordered or even used supplements from BB.com...as he indicated to everyone that he was a customer and would no longer buy from BB.com...and he suggested to everyone else that they should follow suit.

I asked him if he EVER bought supps from BB.com...he wouldn't answer. I indicated that I could find out if he did. There was never any threat of credit card info being displayed, and it had NOTHING to do with anyone Else's personal info.

Just what would I do with 240's CC info, anyway? As for his "personal info"...whats the secret?? His address, hiss wife's work, and anything else has been posted here 100 times...by someone else.

This is the last I'll address this ridiculous subject.

Everything else was formulated and assumed by 240...twisting things to suit himself as usual. I never said I was an owner of BB.com, never said I would post peoples personal info, never said I would look up peoples CC information. Anyone can feel free to look at the thread for themselves...see who's lying. If 240 actually was a customer of BB.com as he claimed...all he would've had to do was supply me with a shipping label, or say he was in the database...I could very easily get that info confirmed...it has nothing to do with CC info...theres a big difference between SALES records, and FINANCIAL information.

NOTHING to this date has been said to me by anyone at BB.com concerning this, as I can assure you all...they could give a shit about bullshit like this. We all have WAY more important things to focus our efforts on.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: May 05, 2006, 09:03:20 PM »
We could look it up, if those 5 pages of the thread weren't missing ;)

And if you would have just explained this 2 days ago- instead of leading us all to believe you had some magical powers- you could have avoided embarassing BBing.com

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #62 on: May 05, 2006, 09:06:33 PM »
...... embarassing BBing.com

and Tom Prince!!!
Deep Tissue Massage

bb doc

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #63 on: May 05, 2006, 09:07:58 PM »
"Anyone can feel free to look at the thread for themselves...see who's lying."

I did - and it looked like that either (a) you were lying, or (b) you were intentionally being misleading to appear more important than you are.

240 is consistent + fairly open - he KNOWS he's an annoying guy who LOVES needling pros online.'

But at least he's consistent.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: May 05, 2006, 09:15:55 PM »
"Anyone can feel free to look at the thread for themselves...see who's lying."

I did - and it looked like that either (a) you were lying, or (b) you were intentionally being misleading to appear more important than you are.

240 is consistent + fairly open - he KNOWS he's an annoying guy who LOVES needling pros online.'

But at least he's consistent.

Hi, 240! ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: May 05, 2006, 09:22:00 PM »
I took screenshots of the deleted posts, which I could post, but it's pretty pointless, as we're beating a dead horse at this point. 

Bob, ya tried to bully people.  Period.  It backfired when your internet balls outweighed your brains, and it blew up in your face.  Now, instead of just letting it go, you're still playing wordgames to try to win something that ended yesterday.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: May 05, 2006, 09:40:05 PM »
I took screenshots of the deleted posts, which I could post, but it's pretty pointless, as we're beating a dead horse at this point. 

Bob, ya tried to bully people.  Period.  It backfired when your internet balls outweighed your brains, and it blew up in your face.  Now, instead of just letting it go, you're still playing wordgames to try to win something that ended yesterday.

Why isn't Bob just admitting that he was wrong? Everyone else can see it :-\

body88

« Reply #67 on: May 05, 2006, 09:50:09 PM »
and Tom Prince!!!

He almost died for bitches like me and you!!!!!!!!

pkaz

• Getbig III
« Reply #68 on: May 05, 2006, 09:51:56 PM »

As I said before..... A prick!! Just has to get the last word in... Talk about word games. If it ended yesterday, why are you still posting about it!!!

bb doc

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #69 on: May 05, 2006, 10:02:44 PM »
V. funny, Luciusfox, but I aint 240!

240 really has to be given props here for making Bob Chick look foolish.

Why a fairly successful IFBB pro would want to engage in a public internet snizzle-fest is beyond me.

But thank you 2 both, 240 and Chick, for the amusement.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: May 05, 2006, 10:07:50 PM »

Why a fairly successful IFBB pro would want to engage in a public internet snizzle-fest is beyond me.

I agree with you here. 240 was clever because he let Bob stick his foot in his mouth. Instead of coming out with guns blazing, he patiently waited, knowing that Bob would eventually hang himself with his own rope. Like watching an animal walk into a trap ;D

bb doc

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #71 on: May 05, 2006, 10:11:08 PM »
Yep!

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #72 on: May 05, 2006, 10:11:11 PM »

They are like Bert & Ernie (Bob & Rob) ;D
I

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #73 on: May 05, 2006, 10:11:21 PM »
Where did I stick my foot in my mouth?

I never said I could do the things 240 alledgedly emailed BB.com about.

Everything he wrote was bullshit...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: May 05, 2006, 10:11:45 PM »
I don't do it cause I hate Bob.  While I do enjoy a few shots (since he's taken shots at my business), the bigger goal was to expose him to the world as an irrational, lying man under pressure.

I think that happened, and I'm hoping the athletes will use this in their decision making process when it comes time to choose a new Athlete's Rep.