Author Topic: Why 240 was wrong  (Read 15383 times)

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
Re: Why 240 was wrong
« Reply #100 on: May 05, 2006, 11:12:54 PM »
Lucius-

Heh, sad, but funny + somewhat true.

Still, if a child of mine told me he wanted to be a pro bodybuilder (low $, dangerous), my reaction would be the same as if he told me he wanted to be a painter (low $), social worker (low $), Marine (low $, dangerous), or biology PhD(very low $ despite YEARS of higher education):

1.  Why do you want to do this?

(1a.  Have you considered a different career that's easier/more financially lucrative/more widely respected?)

2.  Do you realize your chance of financial comfort is low?
3.  Do you realize this career could hurt your body?
4.  What will you do after you're done competing/working?

So I think that if some young teen bb has the genetics to be a great pro, REALLY KNOWS the pros+cons of pro bb, and STILL wants to do it, then this bb should be supported by the organization(s) he pays dues to - and 1 simple way is to teach this young bb the basics of personal finance.

Certain guys do have great potential, but for the ones who don't...

bb doc

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #101 on: May 05, 2006, 11:15:36 PM »
Chick-

Word of warning - please dont take advantage of young, naive bb, the way companies like First Command seemed to have done to young, naive soldiers.

If you or your colleagues hawk some BS fund with a 4% expense ratio, of which the seller gets 1%, when a cheaper fund would have been better, then that would be rather bad.

There's a lotta sketchy "financial advisors" out there - sorta like the sketchy "personal trainers" - hope this dont happen in the NPC/IFBB under your watch.

-bb doc

bb doc

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #102 on: May 05, 2006, 11:19:14 PM »
MikeMachine-

"Sorry to tell you but Marines are the most hardcore people in the world and if it wasn't for my low amount of credits in highschool i would be one. SEMPER FIDELIS"

I'm sorry, what part of my email prompted this post?

Absolutely agree that Marines are very tough + hardcore, but it's definitely true their pay is low + the danger (especially nowadays, sadly) is real.

From a "Mom" point of view, I'd rather see my son join the police force (safer) than the Marines, but safety is not an inspiring reason to choose a career!

bb doc

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #103 on: May 05, 2006, 11:20:54 PM »
MikeMachine-

HS credits?  A friend of mine had a lot of trouble w high school, and ended up jsut getting a GED, but he had no problem joining the Marines.

?

-bb doc

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #104 on: May 05, 2006, 11:26:36 PM »
MikeMachine-

"Sorry to tell you but Marines are the most hardcore people in the world and if it wasn't for my low amount of credits in highschool i would be one. SEMPER FIDELIS"

I'm sorry, what part of my email prompted this post?

Absolutely agree that Marines are very tough + hardcore, but it's definitely true their pay is low + the danger (especially nowadays, sadly) is real.

From a "Mom" point of view, I'd rather see my son join the police force (safer) than the Marines, but safety is not an inspiring reason to choose a career!

Well what i was getting at is that i think being a marine is a great honor and whatever the risk it's worth it. I was at a juvenile bootcamp run mostly by ex-marines and they had a big influence on my life, if i had a choice i would have went to the marines and never gotten into BBing :( I would not trade BBing for the marines now but thats the direction i wanted to go :(
I

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: May 05, 2006, 11:27:54 PM »
MikeMachine-

HS credits?  A friend of mine had a lot of trouble w high school, and ended up jsut getting a GED, but he had no problem joining the Marines.

?

-bb doc

Ahhhhhhhh............ see i was told even if you have your GED you still need so many HS credits which i didn't have :(
I

bb doc

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #106 on: May 05, 2006, 11:29:52 PM »
Mike,

well I could be wrong (HS was a long time ago!) - I'm sure if the Marine recruiter told you that, then it was true.

Tx for sharing the bit about the boot camp - those camps are somewhat controversial, but they always seemed like a good idea to me.

I take it your experience was an overall positive one?

-bb doc

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: May 05, 2006, 11:34:21 PM »
I met some of the most respectful men in the world there, they were truly dedicated to us no matter how much of an asshole they may have come off as and i swear my camp commander was a true life G.I. JOE (27 years as a active marine and then runs a juvenile bootcamp as top ranking officer on camp).
I

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #108 on: May 06, 2006, 09:36:39 AM »
My customers know their info is 1000% safe.  I keep my business and the 240 persona completely separated.

Bob Chick tried to intimidate us by saying he would look up our personal info from customer records.

Additionally, Bob Chick has crossed business lines by publicly dissing my business, and insulting the quality of my work.

Everyone who knows me, knows that I am a cool cat in real life, and that I work hard, fast, and discreet.  Bob Chick tried to intimidate us, and made his firm look REALLY bad by doing so.

What do you mean "us"?

And what do you mean "1000" percent?  There can only be 100% percent or less.

Again, who are "us"?

Please specify who you are refering to. If not, some could make a case for it starting to look like you having imaginary friends.

And WTF is Tre referring to?
As many of the more sensible people have said here, what happens at GetBig should remain in the realm of GetBig.  This is the internet, people. 

More importantly, Rob runs an internet business of his own.  I don't know who all his customers are, but based on his actions, some of them *could* be thinking, 'Gee, this guy is crazy.  What if he goes nuts and decides to start harrassing me at MY job next??'

The trust requirements for online commerce are greater than those for brick-and-mortar businesses. 

And it doesn't stop with Rob's business. Every individual who commits an act like that has the potential to make other customers that much more wary of doing business online.  This impacts not only Rob, but also anyone else involved in legitimate e-commerce, no matter the size of the operation. 

No one can change 240's personality, but I do hope he'll stop and think next time before going off half-cocked on another witch hunt.   

I doubt 240 has done anything seriously fcuked up.

But what the hellz is going on?

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Mydavid

• Getbig V
  • thankd dweetir :)
« Reply #109 on: May 06, 2006, 08:54:04 PM »
Lisa,

Grow up.  Bob Chick tried to scare us, and made a statment that could have gotten him fired, and could have cost BBing.com a LOT of money.  You think he was RIGHT to make that threat and use their possession of our info as a weapon?

Chick was threatening our bank accounts. Then, he told us to contact them to verify it.  We did.  What part of it was incorrect?  If I hadn't contacted them (along with many others here), Bob would still be gloating about how he has access to our financial records.  Not cool.

240, love, if i "grow-up" i'll be 41...i apologize for my ignorance when it comes to this kind of trash. I do not think i have the whole "discussion board forum mentality", although i have enjoyed learning here and there from all of this. If you came into the bar i work at, i could be the bestest friend, the NASTIEST friend and meanest/rudest friend you've ever had...when I'm here, I'm just not always sure why people are so rude behind a screen-name...that's all.

Lisa

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #110 on: May 06, 2006, 08:54:58 PM »
ummm

Mydavid

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: May 06, 2006, 08:57:37 PM »
ummm

ummm????????

Lisa

PS. GET ME THAT LOGIN NAME!!!!!! :-*

LifterChick

« Reply #112 on: May 06, 2006, 09:52:23 PM »
240, love, if i "grow-up" i'll be 41...i apologize for my ignorance when it comes to this kind of trash. I do not think i have the whole "discussion board forum mentality", although i have enjoyed learning here and there from all of this. If you came into the bar i work at, i could be the bestest friend, the NASTIEST friend and meanest/rudest friend you've ever had...when I'm here, I'm just not always sure why people are so rude behind a screen-name...that's all.

Lisa

I drink a lot, 240 makes sense, Onlyme is good looking and everything Bob says is pure gold.
Try it, it only hurts in the AM  ;D

ALI G

• Getbig II
  • WEST SIDE
« Reply #113 on: May 06, 2006, 09:55:53 PM »
Yo i as been keepin up wif dis chat hea and i was laughin me azz off at the owning of chick HAHAHAAAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAH AHAHAHHAAHHAHAAHHAH Yo 240 wif busts you is a cool cat!

Yo dis was almost as wicked as da time i fingered this bitch called Ruth Jones on da school bus den let me mates sniff me fingas for 10 cents a piece. Yo i was like rollin in dough from dat innit.

Mydavid

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: May 06, 2006, 11:24:17 PM »
Yo i as been keepin up wif dis chat hea and i was laughin me azz off at the owning of chick HAHAHAAAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAH AHAHAHHAAHHAHAAHHAH Yo 240 wif busts you is a cool cat!

Yo dis was almost as wicked as da time i fingered this bitch called Ruth Jones on da school bus den let me mates sniff me fingas for 10 cents a piece. Yo i was like rollin in dough from dat innit.

Nice...very nice.

Lisa

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #115 on: May 06, 2006, 11:43:12 PM »
"Being wrong" is 240's business.   8) 

....and in time....

....he's gonna make a killin'.

"I am a sniper
Always hit the mark
Paid assassin
Working after dark
Looking through the night
Using infra-red
My target on you
Aimed at your head

Ten thousand up front,
Ten thousand when I'm through
And I know just what to do,
And you know I'll do it too
Then I'm coming back for you,
Back for you!

I do the getting rid of,
Don't tell me why
Don't need to hear the truth,
Don't need the lies
Now pay me quickly
Nnd now we're through
It brings me great pleasure to say
My next job is you

Don't you know that killing is my business...
And business is good
You better believe it

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #116 on: May 06, 2006, 11:46:38 PM »
300 BUCKS BITCHES [/b]

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: May 06, 2006, 11:47:49 PM »
"Being wrong" is 240's business.   8) 
....and in time....
                         ....he's gonna make a killin'.

thats the plan---  While they sleep, Rob creeps.

Mydavid

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: May 06, 2006, 11:49:51 PM »

So you respond to him and not me.  :'( :'( :'( :'(

Lisa

PS. the address, please.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: May 06, 2006, 11:50:19 PM »
PM me again with it.

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #120 on: May 06, 2006, 11:50:46 PM »

Rob, You don't SLEEP...!   ;D  YOUR ASS WAITS!

"No Rest For the Wicked"
Godsmack

Walk to find line slip the edge, I'm not me
Rise above a suicide, taking it out of me
Got a feeling, it's going far away, yeah
Looking at wounds from yesterday

Gonna fly, taken my time, strip down to nothing
Gonna try, but there's no rest for the wicked

Been through the skin of a dragon a thousand times
In every day I live for you, still I'm not alive
Got a feeling, I'm gonna fall away
Gimme a sign what reason that I should stay

Gonna fly, taken my time, strip down to nothing
Gonna fly, take my time, strip down to nothing

Are you ready to go just to hide in?
Do you think you can make me a better man?
Crack me open, expose me to your ways
Ignorance and arrogance on my way
Oh yea
No rest for the wicked baby!

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #121 on: May 06, 2006, 11:51:35 PM »
So you respond to him and not me.  :'( :'( :'( :'(

Lisa

PS. the address, please.

That's how it works there, honey.   >:(

Mydavid

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: May 06, 2006, 11:54:07 PM »
That's how it works there, honey.   >:(

Wahhhhh!!! Are you guys  gay???

Just kidding.

You guys are both fine...

and i mean FINE!!!

Lisa

PS. the login and password, 240?

craig213

• Getbig II
« Reply #123 on: May 07, 2006, 12:00:37 AM »
    Well I think all the Chick haters got it wrong.  I work out at Gold's Gym in Venice, Ca.  I see Chick working out with Jerome (HELPING him get ready for the U.S.A.'s) and with Kenny (HELPING him get ready for NPC).  He has been nothing but cool and HELPFUL with me whenever I ask him questions.  Even when he was getting ready for the Worlds, he still finds time to talk to the fans.  Some of you on this board arent competitive bodybuilders, you wouldnt know talking to strangers when getting ready for a contest is the last thing you want to do (especially when your working out on low carbs day).
    Me personally, I would have ignored a tool like 240 who probably in real life is a woman or a big fat lazy ding dong eatin', kool-aid drinkin, golobulus pig!  or I would sue the jerk for defimation of character.
    Anyway Chick is cool in real life folks, he's always willing to answer questions you may have, and he's approachable.  
                           This I've experienced in real life at the Mecca on more then one occasion!!!

P.S:  Spell check this reply yourself!!!! (Thank you)

Mydavid

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: May 07, 2006, 12:04:42 AM »
   Well I think all the Chick haters got it wrong.  I work out at Gold's Gym in Venice, Ca.  I see Chick working out with Jerome (HELPING him get ready for the U.S.A.'s) and with Kenny (HELPING him get ready for NPC).  He has been nothing but cool and HELPFUL with me whenever I ask him questions.  Even when he was getting ready for the Worlds, he still finds time to talk to the fans.  Some of you on this board arent competitive bodybuilders, you wouldnt know talking to strangers when getting ready for a contest is the last thing you want to do (especially when your working out on low carbs day).
    Me personally, I would have ignored a tool like 240 who probably in real life is a woman or a big fat lazy ding dong eatin', kool-aid drinkin, golobulus pig!  or I would sue the jerk for defimation of character.
    Anyway Chick is cool in real life folks, he's always willing to answer questions you may have, and he's approachable.  
                           This I've experienced in real life at the Mecca on more then one occasion!!!

P.S:  Spell check this reply yourself!!!! (Thank you)

OH MY GOD! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU'D SPEAK OF 240 LIKE THIS!!!! IT'S SUNDAY FOR CHRIST'S SAKE. BE NICE!!!!

love, Lisa