Author Topic: NY state legalizes recreational Marijuana use  (Read 8132 times)

TheShape.

• Getbig V
Re: NY state legalizes recreational Marijuana use
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2021, 03:34:55 PM »
Never smoked pot.

Never did any recreational drug.

Never been drunk.

Strongly try to avoid people too weak to handle life clean and sober.

Hard rock and metal and heavy iron is Fortress’ buzz

It’s the fun I have.

Hail and kill.
Same here man, and everyone I know that lived that lifestyle looks like shit. People over drink and take drugs to escape their shitty lives instead of improving them.

DanM

• Getbig III
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2021, 03:39:50 PM »
Same here man, and everyone I know that lived that lifestyle looks like shit. People over drink and take drugs to escape their shitty lives instead of improving them.

Some do, but many smoke/drink and get along just fine. If something as trivial as a drink or a little weed puts you off so much that says more about you than anything

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2021, 03:42:51 PM »
Some do, but many smoke/drink and get along just fine. If something as trivial as a drink or a little weed puts you off so much that says more about you than anything
I think it would say something good about me. I’ll drink socially but I’m not getting sloppy drunk or getting sick from it wasting the next day. Many times my ex would be sick puking the next morning after drinking the night before, it’s a huge turn off for me.

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2021, 04:59:38 PM »
I'm not judging but you have that Valium script, right?  :D

I'm seeing a lot of industry people on IG celebrating so and so many years of sobriety, meanwhile being on multiple narcotics. I'm all for doing drugs if it helps but some people have a weird concept of sobriety. Like PJ Braun who one day promotes Kratom and the next is celebrating sobriety.
If he actually has anxiety and takes his valium as prescribed by his doctor than yes he is clean

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2021, 05:15:27 PM »
I can get pot anytime I want it from my doctor.............prefe r to maintain my sobriety.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2021, 07:35:28 PM »
I can get pot anytime I want it from my doctor.............prefe r to maintain my sobriety.

Good move Wes.

It's a lot more fun when you are younger.  ;D Don't get me wrong I hit some good whiskey and beer and might even have a puff if somebody I know is holding - but if it becomes more than just taking the edge off at night it is counterproductive.

I know a lot of people who are living the same exact way they were 10 even 20 years ago due to booze and pot. Same basic life, just older and more excuses. The ones that were doing heavier stuff are mostly dead or had the big wake up call and listened.

B_MyT_2

• Getbig III
  • Kwon is the ungayer of every thread on this site!
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2021, 07:56:22 PM »
Oddly enough laws banning things are often the result of the will of the people.

The driving force of the Prohibition movement was various religious organizations, who believed that less alcohol consumption would decrease the amount of crime, spousal abuse, and raise the overall amount of piety in America. ... The prohibition and women's suffrage movements created an alliance.

So what does the legalization of meth and heroin in Oregon do that's positive you fucking loser?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2021, 07:57:33 PM »

Good move Wes.

It's a lot more fun when you are younger.  ;D Don't get me wrong I hit some good whiskey and beer and might even have a puff if somebody I know is holding - but if it becomes more than just taking the edge off at night it is counterproductive.

I know a lot of people who are living the same exact way they were 10 even 20 years ago due to booze and pot. Same basic life, just older and more excuses. The ones that were doing heavier stuff are mostly dead or had the big wake up call and listened.
I drank and drugged for 33 years................com pletely ruined my life.

I dont have much today but I didn`t puke in someones car, or on my shoes,spend my rent money on drugs,or make a total ashole of myself during a blackout.

I could tell you some horror stories bud

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2021, 08:01:52 PM »
Just remember if you get drug tested at work, you can still lose your job. Even if you are legally consuming it.

They need reform on that silly rule too.

Hmm?  So if I'm drunk and high on Percocet at work it's cool... Because they are both legal?

If you're stoned at work, you get fired. WTF.
a

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2021, 08:14:40 PM »
Oddly enough laws banning things are often the result of the will of the people.

The driving force of the Prohibition movement was various religious organizations, who believed that less alcohol consumption would decrease the amount of crime, spousal abuse, and raise the overall amount of piety in America. ... The prohibition and women's suffrage movements created an alliance.

It was certainly the will of some people. Whether it was the will of the majority, we'll never know since there was no general referendum. The government decided for you.

Besides, our foundational axiom in the West is that the sovereignty of the individual is paramount. The Benevolent Authority/Save You From Yourself argument as well as the Brave New World/Communal Optimization approach don't convince me, since it seems inescapably true that everything on that side of your skin is yours.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2021, 08:25:58 PM »
So what does the legalization of meth and heroin in Oregon do that's positive you fucking loser?

Removes the government's claims over your meat, which were never valid to begin with.

Same as if they mandate a vaccine injection and you have no say in it. Yes, you do. You own yourself more than anyone else owns you. Certainly more than the government owns you.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2021, 08:37:38 PM »
If he actually has anxiety and takes his valium as prescribed by his doctor than yes he is clean

It doesn't matter to me if someone is this or that, all that matters is that you are happy. However, by that logic someone could get pot from his doc for anxiety and be clean as well. There's no difference. Add some Adderall or Ritalin or Dexedrine for concentration issues, Lyrica for mood instability and oxycodone for back pain. Sober? You have to admit that this is a grey area as far as being clean or sober.

Like that PJ Braun I mentioned. He uses the legal dope Kratom. It's classified as a narcotic here in Sweden and many other countries. He isn't sober in my book but he got some framed diploma saying 3 years sober or whatever  :D

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2021, 09:06:32 PM »
Never smoked pot.

Never did any recreational drug.

Never been drunk.

Strongly try to avoid people too weak to handle life clean and sober.

Hard rock and metal and heavy iron is Fortress’ buzz

It’s the fun I have.

Hail and kill.
Nice going Rob !!

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2021, 09:07:39 PM »
That’s crazy. Can you be fired for showing up to work drunk?

I have always thought medical professionals should be high when performing intense surgeries (so the stress is removed).

;D

Testing positive for weed doesn't mean you are high.

I know you know this.

Troll on good man.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2021, 09:08:24 PM »
Removes the government's claims over your meat, which were never valid to begin with.

Same as if they mandate a vaccine injection and you have no say in it. Yes, you do. You own yourself more than anyone else owns you. Certainly more than the government owns you.

I'm on your side on overreach...but the real world has OSHA and lawyers and people that have other's lives at stake at their job. This is why libertarianism doesn't work. Black and white thinking.

B_MyT_2

• Getbig III
« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2021, 09:08:45 PM »
I drank and drugged for 33 years................com pletely ruined my life.

I dont have much today but I didn`t puke in someones car, or on my shoes,spend my rent money on drugs,or make a total ashole of myself during a blackout.

I could tell you some horror stories bud

Did you mean to say did or "didn't" as you wrote.  I was an instant alcoholic from 15-40 after trying it the first time...runs in the family.  GHB cam into my life at around 19.  I always made rent, but I have many time made an asshole out of myself and puked all over myself while G'd up or on X in front of clubs zip tied until someone vouched for me, and took a breathalyzer to prove they weren't drunk and would get me home safe.  One of the benefits of working at a gym is all the cops, ATF, FBI, etc. work out there, and know you so I got cut a lot of slack many times when others would have gotten steel cuffs and spent the night in jail plus charges to come back to face.  I remember the first time I tried coke which when a friend of mine was friends with a huge dealer (2 stints in Leavonworth).  We went to an after hours club with a few chicks we met at the after hour bar.  Everyone of us had our shirts off, and would go into the bathroom in groups to take another cap of G, and snort some coke.  Cops were right outside the door, and just gave us the "look" as we came out....they knew what was going on there and with us specifically.  I went home with one of the girls, and started fucking her b4 her roommate came downstairs and fucked it up.  Called my friend in the morning to come and get me to pick up my car which I left at the club.  On the way home he asked how I was doing since that was my first time with coke.  I said "Chad,you know me and how extreme I am with everything.  Don't ever let me use that shit more than once a month or I'll be a junkie"  He replied, "I know dude, you were having way more fun than normal and were outta your mind.  Don't worry, I got your back and won't give you any for a while"

I still drink every other weekend, and hide my keys so I don't leave.  I quit cold turkey for 6+ months b4 Covid, but being almost 50, stuck at home, and not being able to work out at the gym gets me angry and depressed so I tell myself it's ok as long as I'm not doing it every day.

Tim, always liked you here and on MM and respect not only your honesty, but how you've managed to give everything up totally.  Keep it up!  You're what many on and off these boards wish they could be. 8)

I honestly don't know how I never ended up in a coma or dead.  That first night on coke when we were driving down the interstate which had cones every where as it was being fixed up and widened doing about 90, and passing around "corners" for a 30 minute drive.  If you don't know what "corners" are, it's dipping your DL into whatever the coke is in and sniffing it off of the corner or it.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2021, 09:09:46 PM »
;D

Testing positive for weed doesn't mean you are high.

I know you know this.

Troll on good man.

Ah, the "only the finishing touch" argument.  ;D

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2021, 09:11:01 PM »
Hmm?  So if I'm drunk and high on Percocet at work it's cool... Because they are both legal?

If you're stoned at work, you get fired. WTF.

You can smoke a joint on Friday night inside your house and fail a drug screen on Monday.

I just find it silly.

I've been 12 beers deep on a Sunday and was completely sober at work the next day. Could have passed any test.

But if i would have taken a few bong rips on Sunday. I could lose my job on Monday. While being completely sober.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2021, 09:18:22 PM »
There was a story some days back where Biden's office fired White House interns who had admitted to have smoked in a legal state. People were pissed, didn't think Biden was such an asshole  :D

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2021, 09:41:06 PM »

I'm on your side on overreach...but the real world has OSHA and lawyers and people that have other's lives at stake at their job. This is why libertarianism doesn't work. Black and white thinking.

Agreements made between people, like employers and employees, let everyone retain their own agency, which is as it should be.

Where I draw the line is legislation that says a cop can drag someone off to prison when they haven't harmed or endangered anyone.

I reiterate: if they come at you with a mandatory vaccine, you'd be  within your rights to tell them to fuck off because it's your body, your choice. Same rationale holds true for a non-pilot, non-surgeon sitting in his house using drugs. 

To the other guy, no, not drug testing for people on welfare. How about no drug testing and also no welfare? Live as you like and carry your own water.

B_MyT_2

• Getbig III
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2021, 09:51:17 PM »

Ah, the "only the finishing touch" argument.  ;D

LOL!  In production, manufacturing, construction, etc. if you have an accident you will be given 24 hours at most to be tested for drugs and alcohol.  Fail, and you are fired, have no legal recourse even if you weren't at fault, in the news depending on severity of the incident, and will not have a explainable reason or reference from your last job.  Alcohol is out of you in 72 hours even on the hugest binge.  You can smoke a blunt and test positive a month later.  Is that fair?  Not in my opinion.  Personally, I'd take a ride home from a pothead over someone boozed up any night of the week.  They should just legalize nationwide, and collect taxes on it like tobacco and alcohol.  There's no withdrawal or real physiological addiction with pot, but there is with booze.  You'll never die from lack of a puff of weed, but many have from not having a "hair of the dog" first thing in the morning.  Also, why the fuck is one of the questions on the handgun form ask if you use illegal drugs (even medical marijuana if allowed in your state), but not if you are an alcoholic? If it's for medical reasons, it should not matter as a person smoking weed is way less likely to be violent than a drunk person.  Other illicit drugs I agree with on the form, and denial if it applies.  Pot....nope,, not at all.

In sales and management, they took us out to lunch and dinners and encouraged us to drink and either go back to work or go home buzzed.  Lot's of coke at the big company get togethers as well.  It's unfair, but we didn't have forklifts or other heavy equipment, or pallets that weighed 2000lbs to kill someone with.

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2021, 09:56:40 PM »
LOL!  In production, manufacturing, construction, etc. if you have an accident you will be given 24 hours at most to be tested for drugs and alcohol.  Fail, and you are fired, have no legal recourse even if you weren't at fault, in the news depending on severity of the incident, and will not have a explainable reason or reference from your last job.  Alcohol is out of you in 72 hours even on the hugest binge.  You can smoke a blunt and test positive a month later.  Is that fair?  Not in my opinion.  Personally, I'd take a ride home from a pothead over someone boozed up any night of the week.  They should just legalize nationwide, and collect taxes on it like tobacco and alcohol.  There's no withdrawal or real physiological addiction with pot, but there is with booze.  You'll never die from lack of a puff of weed, but many have from not having a "hair of the dog" first thing in the morning.  Also, why the fuck is one of the questions on the handgun form ask if you use illegal drugs (even medical marijuana if allowed in your state), but not if you are an alcoholic? If it's for medical reasons, it should not matter as a person smoking weed is way less likely to be violent than a drunk person.  Other illicit drugs I agree with on the form, and denial if it applies.  Pot....nope,, not at all.

In sales and management, they took us out to lunch and dinners and encouraged us to drink and either go back to work or go home buzzed.  Lot's of coke at the big company get togethers as well.  It's unfair, but we didn't have forklifts or other heavy equipment, or pallets that weighed 2000lbs to kill someone with.

When i worked in oil and gas, anytime there was an accident on a project site. they tested everyone at the site.

They do this for insurance purposes.

Had a guy flip a forklift.

He was still drunk from the night before.

They tested everyone. Ended up getting rid of 5 people, 4 for weed and 1 for cocaine.

It was January 1st.  ;D

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2021, 10:40:57 PM »
Did you mean to say did or "didn't" as you wrote.  I was an instant alcoholic from 15-40 after trying it the first time...runs in the family.  GHB cam into my life at around 19.  I always made rent, but I have many time made an asshole out of myself and puked all over myself while G'd up or on X in front of clubs zip tied until someone vouched for me, and took a breathalyzer to prove they weren't drunk and would get me home safe.  One of the benefits of working at a gym is all the cops, ATF, FBI, etc. work out there, and know you so I got cut a lot of slack many times when others would have gotten steel cuffs and spent the night in jail plus charges to come back to face.  I remember the first time I tried coke which when a friend of mine was friends with a huge dealer (2 stints in Leavonworth).  We went to an after hours club with a few chicks we met at the after hour bar.  Everyone of us had our shirts off, and would go into the bathroom in groups to take another cap of G, and snort some coke.  Cops were right outside the door, and just gave us the "look" as we came out....they knew what was going on there and with us specifically.  I went home with one of the girls, and started fucking her b4 her roommate came downstairs and fucked it up.  Called my friend in the morning to come and get me to pick up my car which I left at the club.  On the way home he asked how I was doing since that was my first time with coke.  I said "Chad,you know me and how extreme I am with everything.  Don't ever let me use that shit more than once a month or I'll be a junkie"  He replied, "I know dude, you were having way more fun than normal and were outta your mind.  Don't worry, I got your back and won't give you any for a while"

I still drink every other weekend, and hide my keys so I don't leave.  I quit cold turkey for 6+ months b4 Covid, but being almost 50, stuck at home, and not being able to work out at the gym gets me angry and depressed so I tell myself it's ok as long as I'm not doing it every day.

Tim, always liked you here and on MM and respect not only your honesty, but how you've managed to give everything up totally.  Keep it up!  You're what many on and off these boards wish they could be. 8)

I honestly don't know how I never ended up in a coma or dead.  That first night on coke when we were driving down the interstate which had cones every where as it was being fixed up and widened doing about 90, and passing around "corners" for a 30 minute drive.  If you don't know what "corners" are, it's dipping your DL into whatever the coke is in and sniffing it off of the corner or it.

That highlighted bit brought back some good memories for me  ;D

While I respect people like Rob and Wes, I confess that I never met a drug I didn't like.  Partied my ass off for many years while an employed and functioning member of society and maintaining a build that allowed those 'shirt off shenanigans'

Stopped it all to concentrate on marriage, family and career - wouldn't know where to get sh1t from now even if I wanted it - I don't even smoke.  I "put away childish things" as the famous quote goes...  Although I'll be candid and admit that if I was in the US, I may have been tempted by one of those pill-mills that were in the news a few years back  ;D

Two questions for B_MyT_2

1  How do you hide keys from yourself?
Please tell me your friend's name really was Chad  ;D
T

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2021, 11:38:41 PM »

Is this because of the cancer? If so, doesn't being in remission negate the need? Honestly, I wish my response to pot was better than I remember. It is likely much less harmful than alcohol or other medications. Anyway, good for you. You have max willpower and that's great!.

lightweight83

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2021, 05:13:31 AM »
It's amazing they will let you grow your own.

Pot plants get huge.  They grow like a weed.  No need to buy.

My thoughts exactly! If you are legally allowed to have 6 plants at your home at a time, there is no reason to ever buy it.  Which makes me happy, since the demtards just passed a law that requires 40% of all revenue to go minority communities that had a disproportionate amount of weed arrests.  Which is English for a community with a bunch of black drug dealers that make it way too obvious they sell drugs and got arrested.