Author Topic: Fedor....Time to hang em' up.  (Read 11249 times)

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
Fedor....Time to hang em' up.
« on: February 12, 2011, 08:58:09 PM »
Embarrassing performance tonight.  Straight up shameful.  He will never see that #1 spot again.

Thanks for many great years of fights.

suckmymuscle

Re: Fedor....Time to hang em' up.
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2011, 10:05:43 PM »
Embarrassing performance tonight.  Straight up shameful.  He will never see that #1 spot again.

Thanks for many great years of fights.

He is still a million times the man that Dana White is: much braver, more honorable, honest and gentle than that lying scumbag who exploits his fighters and has no scruples. Fedor is finished as fighter, but he's still an inspiration as an example of someone who came from below and became the best in the World at something wihtout never losing his humbleness and respect for other people.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2011, 10:41:52 PM »
  He is still a million times the man that Dana White is: much braver, more honorable, honest and gentle than that lying scumbag who exploits his fighters and has no scruples. Fedor is finished as fighter, but he's still an inspiration as an example of someone who came from below and became the best in the World at something wihtout never losing his humbleness and respect for other people.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

WTF? Why are comparing Fedor to Dana? One is a promoter and one is a fighter. Accept the fact that several of us on here called out Fedor and his status long ago. Guess we know who was right & who was wrong, don't we?

I'm not disrespecting Fedor. I actually like him as a person and fighter. I just didn't think he deserved his high rankings in recent years.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2011, 11:04:47 PM »
WTF? Why are comparing Fedor to Dana? One is a promoter and one is a fighter. Accept the fact that several of us on here called out Fedor and his status long ago. Guess we know who was right & who was wrong, don't we?

I'm not disrespecting Fedor. I actually like him as a person and fighter. I just didn't think he deserved his high rankings in recent years.

I think Fedor in 2004 was not only the greatest heavyweight but also the greatest pound-for-pound ever. The way he manhendled and toyed with prime Nogueira almost three times was just ridiculous. And yes, I am comparing Fedor and Dana. Both are Humans, and Fedor is a much better Human Being than Dana.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

smoothasf

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2011, 11:45:31 PM »
That was his last fight, on Facebook I just read minutes ago a message to his fans saying it was his last and "I leave everything in the ring tonight".

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2011, 12:05:47 AM »
He should drop to light heavy.

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2011, 01:02:06 AM »
I hoped he still had enough in the tank to win the tournament but evidently not. Hell of a shame to see a champion of his caliber actively deteriorate, chances are we will never see a fighter like him in this lifetime and we should be pleased that we dont have to watch 30 year old archive footage to see what he could do.

That being said, with Fedor now out my pick for the tournament is now Bigfoot. I stated that i thought he was the guy had he not been drawn against Fedor but with that win hes my number 1 pick again.

UGMT

• Getbig II
  • Fortune favors the bold...
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2011, 04:52:56 AM »
I was his biggest fan since I was in Jr high. Time to let it go though.
Thanks for the memories!!!!!

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2011, 07:49:17 AM »
Fedor exposed again. 

Fedor nuthuggers unite.  Maybe losing to Bigfoot silva isn't so bad, regardless of the fact his cranium is the size of Pluto and Fedor still couldn't seem to KO him. 

All kidding aside, I don't understand  all the doom and gloom right now.  The guy has had two losses in a row.  SO what.  Really he should drop to lightheavy.

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2011, 08:14:22 AM »

I think Fedor earned the #1 spot in pride and nobody until Werdum knocked him off that throne so personally I'm ok with him having occupied the #1 spot, even if he was taking the path of least resistance for the last 3 years.

it's pretty pointless to argue about rankings and mythical titles anyways.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2011, 08:59:40 AM »
Fedor exposed again. 

Fedor nuthuggers unite.  Maybe losing to Bigfoot silva isn't so bad, regardless of the fact his cranium is the size of Pluto and Fedor still couldn't seem to KO him. 

All kidding aside, I don't understand  all the doom and gloom right now.  The guy has had two losses in a row.  SO what.  Really he should drop to lightheavy.

You are a moron. A cranium the size of Pluto? This simply means he is harder to knock out. Big heads can absorb more shock. All the guys who can eat punches have these huge heads, like Nogueira. And Big Foot was 285 lbs in that cage. Yeah, it is so shameful for a 230 lbs fighter to lose to someone who outweights him by three weight divisions! Like there is great shame for a lightweight to lose to a light-heavyweight.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2011, 02:10:02 PM »
Fedor exposed again. 

I think a lot of the gloom with his 'guy' fans is that many though he was this untouchable, inhuman being that would never lose.

Fedor's management did a lot of damage to Fedor's credibility the last few years. It bit them in the ass...he has back to back loses to mediocre fighters. At least they could have put him up against bigger names like Overeem, or UFC HW's.

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2011, 02:26:24 PM »
I think its unfair to say that theyre mediocre. Both are excellent and could make a strong push for top 10 in the world (6 billion people + ) so they are by no means an easy task. Werdum is mocked for losing to JDS, who is being touted as anything from 1 - 3 in the world so wheres the shame? Bigfoot is going to be very difficult for anyone to beat and is getting better all the time.

People need to remember that Fedors prime wasnt just a few months ago, it was years. Years that can change a person so before you know it you are actually living on past memories viewed on Youtube. At his best he was unstoppable but, lets be fair, he was exposed against Andrei (who is now a stepping stone at best) and has deteriorated from there.

Had M-1 put him against Overeem / UFC's best fighters imagine what they could have done to him in comparison to the men you label as "mediocre".

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2011, 02:50:49 PM »
i think it's time

he can still be a good fighter but he can't be the best anymore, he probably won't be able to accept anything less than that, including his haters ::)

nobody can be the best forever, and nobody can say they were the best as long as the great Fedor Emelianenko

thanks for the memories

E
E

geneticmarvel

• Getbig III
  • "You've got size, but you don't have my size!"
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2011, 02:53:33 PM »
Fedor exposed again. 

Gracie, Liddell, Wandy, and  CroCop have all been exposed too? Your a moron that dont know shit about fist fighting boy.

geneticmarvel

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2011, 02:56:58 PM »
I think its unfair to say that theyre mediocre. Both are excellent and could make a strong push for top 10 in the world (6 billion people + ) so they are by no means an easy task. Werdum is mocked for losing to JDS, who is being touted as anything from 1 - 3 in the world so wheres the shame? Bigfoot is going to be very difficult for anyone to beat and is getting better all the time.

People need to remember that Fedors prime wasnt just a few months ago, it was years. Years that can change a person so before you know it you are actually living on past memories viewed on Youtube. At his best he was unstoppable but, lets be fair, he was exposed against Andrei (who is now a stepping stone at best) and has deteriorated from there.

Had M-1 put him against Overeem / UFC's best fighters imagine what they could have done to him in comparison to the men you label as "mediocre".

You gotta understand, the people saying that shit just started watching UFC recently and never even knew about the sport when Fedor was mangling people 5- 10 years ago.

These are the "fans" that the professional fighters despise and wish they would go back to watching pro wrestling.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2011, 04:31:39 PM »
Gracie, Liddell, Wandy, and  CroCop have all been exposed too? Your a moron that dont know shit about fist fighting boy.
lol.

Fist fighting.    ;D

Sorry the balloon burst.  Time to worship someone new.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2011, 04:36:58 PM »

The irony.......
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

geneticmarvel

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2011, 04:49:19 PM »
lol.

Fist fighting.    ;D

Sorry the balloon burst.  Time to worship someone new.

Yeah and whats all this "worship" and that other one you always say, "nuthugging" talk about? This isn't pro wrestling where people are supposed to look for video game type characters to admire and worship. This is about watching the best fighters in the world compete and having the opportunity to watch greats like Fedor, Anderson Silva, Shogun Rua, and others do what they do best. I admire Fedor for his almost inhuman fighting ability and respect him as a man, but im still confused about this fixation you seem to have on telling fight fans that they are obsessed fanatics or something I dont now what to say.

All I know is I like watching great fighters fight and I saw the best mixed martial artists the sport has seen come to the end of his career last night. Life goes on. You are not a mixed martial arts fan either, you are a brand logo fan, which is pretty fucked up considering your missing the entire point of the sport. Weirdo.   

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2011, 04:56:01 PM »
Utter meltdown.

geneticmarvel

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2011, 04:57:25 PM »
Utter meltdown.

go watch pro wrestling tuffer lol

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2011, 05:09:45 PM »
You need a changing, baby

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2011, 05:17:08 PM »
go watch pro wrestling tuffer lol

You need a changing, baby

2 gimmicks arguing.....sounds like a double meltdown, for you both...

bench

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2011, 05:23:47 PM »
2 gimmicks arguing.....sounds like a double meltdown, for you both...

bench

Ok " bench"    ::)

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2011, 05:32:04 PM »
Ok " bench"    ::)
ok "mindspin" ::)

bench