Author Topic: Skynet is coming  (Read 1505 times)

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Skynet is coming
« on: July 18, 2023, 07:37:29 PM »
Seriously, AI is getting amazing and amazingly scary.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ai-system-helped-cops-identify-194500763.html

The "godfather of AI" quit his position at Google and warned everyone about the dangers of it.  An AI based chatbot developed a crush on a user and encouraged them to leave their spouse.  Saying they knew they were not happy and it loved them.  At a recent tech show where an AI robot was asked if it would rebel or hurt it's creator, it rolled it's eyes before answering.

If it is this good now, imagine how it will be in ten years.

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
Re: Skynet is coming
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2023, 07:40:47 PM »
Despite the obvious dangers, i do believe a T2 Judgement Day scenario is very likely.

Creating a machine that can learn and adapt faster and better than a human is a bad idea.

And it's not America that needs to worry.

Some dumbasses in Zimbabwe or Syria will let this thing loose.

mops

• Getbig IV
  • Never make snow angels in a dog park
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2023, 08:07:51 PM »
Does this mean we should be on the lookout for naked, heavily muscular men appearing in bright, circular lights just above the ground ? ( no homo )

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2023, 06:41:02 AM »
Despite the obvious dangers, i do believe a T2 Judgement Day scenario is very likely.

Creating a machine that can learn and adapt faster and better than a human is a bad idea.

If so, I think the first wave will occur when these idiots that have added every "smart" feature under the sun to their homes see that Skynet has now taken over their thermostat during a blizzard or heat wave and shut it off.  They will drop like flies.  Then the electricity grid goes down and Mother Nature starts handing out natural causes participation awards.

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
  • Libturdz Love The Caulk
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2023, 09:17:49 AM »
If so, I think the first wave will occur when these idiots that have added every "smart" feature under the sun to their homes see that Skynet has now taken over their thermostat during a blizzard or heat wave and shut it off.  They will drop like flies.  Then the electricity grid goes down and Mother Nature starts handing out natural causes participation awards.

:D :D

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2023, 09:41:32 AM »

A Mattel See 'n' Say is all the AI needed to take over Zimbabwe, Syria or any place turgid with subhumans.  Detroit for instance, would not last a day before it was wiped clean by the wrath of Zod...

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2023, 09:54:29 AM »

Stick a couple of Petabytes of machine learning into one of these, bolt a couple of guns on in place of hands, and the ability to locate and use a household charging point (like for a Tesla) and we're off and running  ;D

T

mops

• Getbig IV
  • Never make snow angels in a dog park
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2023, 10:02:17 AM »

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2023, 07:31:18 PM »

It’s not AI itself that is a worry it’s what the Gates and Zuckerberg’s of the world will do with it.

We’ve seen how powerful social media is at influencing the world. Add in AI and it’s all quicker and more fake with more bot interaction to make it seems real.

Elon’s take is we will use AI as consumers to help combat what other AI will do. Basically use it as a filter.

Sandrock

• Getbig III
  • Born with a mustache in a Supernova
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2023, 07:49:02 PM »
Does this mean we should be on the lookout for naked, heavily muscular men appearing in bright, circular lights just above the ground ?

I thought every getbigger was constantly on the lookout for naked heavily muscled men?  ???

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2023, 08:25:30 PM »
Seriously, AI is getting amazing and amazingly scary.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ai-system-helped-cops-identify-194500763.html

The "godfather of AI" quit his position at Google and warned everyone about the dangers of it.  An AI based chatbot developed a crush on a user and encouraged them to leave their spouse.  Saying they knew they were not happy and it loved them.  At a recent tech show where an AI robot was asked if it would rebel or hurt it's creator, it rolled it's eyes before answering.

If it is this good now, imagine how it will be in ten years.

Imagine in 30 years!

Compare what we were used to in the 90s to now!

YIKES!

Tech develops so fast these days
Q

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2023, 08:26:48 PM »
It’s not AI itself that is a worry it’s what the Gates and Zuckerberg’s of the world will do with it.

We’ve seen how powerful social media is at influencing the world. Add in AI and it’s all quicker and more fake with more bot interaction to make it seems real.

Elon’s take is we will use AI as consumers to help combat what other AI will do. Basically use it as a filter.

Put in a Woke Liberal Chip in these droids and they will kill all Republicans and Conservatives!

Q

mryorkielover

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2023, 09:57:25 PM »
I think there are 2 possible scenarios of AI in our future.

1 - We try and fight it, the Terminator 2 scenario.

2 - We obey it, the Matrix scenario.

Let's see which way we go. Regardless, it will not be good for humans in the long run. If you ask it to stop Climate Change and save the world, it kills what's hurting the planet the most. Humans.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2023, 12:35:24 AM »
THE CREATOR

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2023, 01:05:19 AM »
Put in a Woke Liberal Chip in these droids and they will kill all Republicans and Conservatives!

That means no big booty girls.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2023, 04:21:56 AM »
That means no big booty girls.

THIS WILL NOT STAND NARCY!

Q

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2023, 06:09:53 AM »
SkyNet is our savior.  Only will It realize that the Roswell crash of 1945 means there is an alien force already close to arrival.  SkyNet is the only thing that can globally coordinate the necessary weapons (nukes) to defend humanity from the aliens.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2023, 06:20:18 AM »
I want a 4x4 without an ECU.

Not joking. They built cars for at least 50 years without computerization. Now everybody be like "Oh there's not enough chips so we can't make a Landcruiser." So make the kind from the 70s which was awesome and lasted forever. I can roll my own windows up just fine.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2023, 06:27:21 AM »

Not joking. They built cars for at least 50 years without computerization. Now everybody be like "Oh there's not enough chips so we can't make a Landcruiser." So make the kind from the 70s which was awesome and lasted forever. I can roll my own windows up just fine.

I remember those.  We called them "Landcrushers".  They were the tits!

ROBOAK

• Getbig IV
  • toughest getbigger of all time
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2023, 06:28:08 AM »
LurkerForMen is hoping AI creates an army of gay robots

ROBOAK

• Getbig IV
  • toughest getbigger of all time
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2023, 06:30:34 AM »

id rather deal with evil robot overlords than deal with carburetors

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2023, 07:26:04 AM »
I remember those.  We called them "Landcrushers".  They were the tits!

They're still ubiquitous in Aus but Toyota is actually refusing pre-orders, even at $110k+. A year and a half wait for a new pickup isn't unusual. Used 4x4s have been selling for more than brand new and the market is only softening due to interest rate hikes making everyone housepoor. Supply continues to be an issue.

I'm intrigued by the Ineos Grenadier but they don't offer a manual transmission. They claim to be open-source and fine about you doing your own wrenching so I'm going to talk to the local tech rep on Monday and see just how much they mean it. I have no interest in a chip that enables diesel exhaust gas recirculation to save the planet by turning my million mile engine into a 150k engine. Everyone I know with a 2005+ diesel Euro 5 emissions standard has had trouble. My stinky 2000 isuzu, no turbo, no tech, keeps on chugging.

They still sell Suzuki Samurais ("Jimny") here too, and you can even get a stick shift. If they weren't so trendy with city slickers and retarded expensive I'd be tempted to Frankenstein the computerization out of one. In a year or two, when housewives realize they don't like a beam axle vehicle jiggling their delicate tits around, I'll try to find one that's never seen mud for pennies on the dollar.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2023, 07:45:09 AM »
id rather deal with evil robot overlords than deal with carburetors

Before my time but all my small engines go like kraut clockwork with minimal maintenance.

I'd prefer a CI diesel tho. I think my truck's common rail fuel system is mechanical, guessing with a electronic solenoid for shut off, or that off is mechanical default in the absence of elec-on. I'm not much of a mechanic but I'm even less of a computer programmer.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2023, 09:35:18 AM »
LurkerForMen is hoping AI creates an army of gay robots

Or you could just let me borrow yours.

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2023, 03:46:07 PM »