Author Topic: Slander/Defamation is a civil, not criminal matter!  (Read 7230 times)

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
Slander/Defamation is a civil, not criminal matter!
« on: June 12, 2006, 08:58:05 PM »
sad but true, flame away.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
Sorry, but you can't serve jail time for slander or defamation because they are civil offenses, not criminal offenses.

Any lawyer telling Kamali that Rob can spend time in jail for slander or defamation isn't a lawyer.

Stop worrying Rob, he has NO CASE. This was all hot air.

By the way, I love how he refers to himself in the third party. LOL

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
dammit... I spent the last 2 hours preparing my various bodily orifices for prison servicing.

Wouldn't it be the ultimate irony if me and Titus ended up in the same cell at some point down the road?

*PS- they might call it a Louisville slugger, but that thing felt like the whole damn state of kentucky!

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
dammit... I spent the last 2 hours preparing my various bodily orifices for prison servicing.

Wouldn't it be the ultimate irony if me and Titus ended up in the same cell at some point down the road?

Yes, it would but you aren't going there for committing slander or defamation.

DAISUKE

• Getbig II
He has no case, but he has guts.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Re: 240 brought this down on himself...
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2006, 09:06:33 PM »
Sorry, I'm out of the loop.  What?

matt, you are going to love what went down this evening!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2006, 09:10:54 PM »
matt, you are going to love what went down this evening!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats Rob, I think you've made inet forum history tonight :)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2006, 09:19:23 PM »
lol, a King lawsuit against 240 is what I missed out on?
I was in the gym doing monster 1,000 pound 1 inch Pat Roberson leg presses for reps.

yeah, i knew you'd be loving it.  Save it, as the eggheads at muscletech or bbing.com will likely *request* it get taken down ASAP.

Mr. Intenseone

But looking like this IS criminal.....

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
Actually you should go after Kamali for him threatening your life...That would be criminal...Then maybe Titus and Kamali could pose down together in their cell...

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
Actually you should go after Kamali for him threatening your life...That would be criminal...Then maybe Titus and Kamali could pose down together in their cell...

He never threatened my life, just kind of a mild threat that he wanted me to say something to his face and then I would see the real King Kamali.

thisiskeith12

Talking is one thing, actually backing it up is another.

He talked about Titus, he should have fought him. He talked about Shawn, he should have fought him. He talks about 240, they shoud just fight too!

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
Talking is one thing, actually backing it up is another.

He talked about Titus, he should have fought him. He talked about Shawn, he should have fought him. He talks about 240, they shoud just fight too!

I hate to be the voice of reason here, but after a certain age (18) fighting isn't the way to solve a problem. I can't believe you're advocating it.

thisiskeith12

I hate to be the voice of reason here, but after a certain age (18) fighting isn't the way to solve a problem. I can't believe you're advocating it.

Do you think King and some others act over 18?!

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
Do you think King and some others act over 18?!

On the boards, no, but in real life I'd like to think they do.

Rob acts crazy on here at times but I like to think in real life he's a good guy, hell, Sarcasm is probably even a nice guy in real life. This is all just an alternative reality, taking it too seriously is just ridiculous.

thisiskeith12

On the boards, no, but in real life I'd like to think they do.

Rob acts crazy on here at times but I like to think in real life he's a good guy, hell, Sarcasm is probably even a nice guy in real life. This is all just an alternative reality, taking it too seriously is just ridiculous.

Then don't take my fight instigations too seriously. I just think all this talk and threats is pointless. It's disgusting. It's pussy-like.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
Then don't take my fight instigations too seriously. I just think all this talk and threats is pointless. It's disgusting. It's pussy-like.

Good point, I didn't take my own advice. I took your post too seriously.

240 is Back

• Getbig V

Initially King said he would beat me down.  When I informed him where a fistfight would likely lead, he had to back off that approach.  Then he decided to threaten with lawsuit.

Honestly, if he really had been tracking me for 6 months, I highly doubt he would have made violent threats at me.  If his plan all along was to sue, he obviously wouldn't give me that to use in court against him.

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
 you should start creating one of your famous websites!!
That way kamali can continue to have a meltdown of epic proportions :P

body88

Ha ha defamation of character!!!!!!

And what distress will kamali claim he has endured civil court  from 240s parody's that he lists just as that. He has stated tons of times they where jokes and all in good fun. Not to be taken seriously. That right there negates your case off the bat. The attacks were not malicious champ. It is not illegal to do what he did. Ever hear of the first amendment. Or the  Larry Flint case?

HEY KAMALI WHO IS YOURE LAWYER THE SAME GUY WHO HAS BEEN DOING YOUR CONTEST PREPS!!!!! HAHA IF SO ASK FOR YOUR MONEY BACK YOU CAN INVEST IT ON SOME BEACH FRONT PROPERTY I HAVE FOR SALE IN OHIO.

O and by the way you threatening rob openly and privately in public prob wont help you're case Matlock AAAAHAHAHAH...

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
Ha ha defamation of character!!!!!!

And what distress will kamali claim he has endured civil court  from 240s parody's that he lists just as that.

HEY KAMALI WHO IS YOURE LAWYER THE SAME GUY WHO HAS BEEN DOING YOUR CONTEST PREPS!!!!! HAHA IF SO ASK FOR YOUR MONEY BACK YOU CAN INVEST IT ON SOME BEACH FRONT PROPERTY I HAVE FOR SALE IN OHIO.

O and by the way you threatening rob openly and privately in public prob wont help you're case Matlock AAAAHAHAHAH...

It's incredible that he even said it on the radio broadcast. You'd think he'd be intelligent enough to know that slander and defamation are civil offenses and not criminal offenses.

Why didn't Chick or Soloman call him on that?

body88

It's incredible that he even said it on the radio broadcast. You'd think he'd be intelligent enough to know that slander and defamation are civil offenses and not criminal offenses.

This is the best shit I have heard all night. Not only is it a civil matter. But Kamali would have to prove he was caused emotional distress over the issue. Had to attend counseling, marriage failed etc. Rob also stated several times that what he did where parody's which protects him under the first amendment of free speech. There was about as much IQ in that radio booth as a blue bus at 3pm on a school day.

240 is Back

• Getbig V

I think that tonight---

Even Chick knew to step back and let King dig his own hole.

Chick may have agreed with a lot of what he said- not liking me and all.

But Chick was a police office in the past.  HE KNEW King's claims of 'going to jail for talking trash on the boards' was BS.  Bob arrested people and spent years going to school for this stuff.  As Kamali made up his plans on the spot, Bob and Dan were speechless.  

Chick was smart tonight.  We're not talking about him.  And you know Shawn and CHick and half the BBing community are following this.  NOBODY is chiming in to defend KK.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
I think that tonight---

Even Chick knew to step back and let King dig his own hole.

Chick may have agreed with a lot of what he said- not liking me and all.

But Chick was a police office in the past.  HE KNEW King's claims of 'going to jail for talking trash on the boards' was BS.  Bob arrested people and spent years going to school for this stuff.  As Kamali made up his plans on the spot, Bob and Dan were speechless.  

Chick was smart tonight.  We're not talking about him.  And you know Shawn and CHick and half the BBing community are following this.  NOBODY is chiming in to defend KK.

I still don't understand why neither of them just said "Actually, he can't go to jail for what he has posted".

It could have been simple and quick. Instead with Kamali constantly looking to Chick for confirmation it looked like Chick was in agreement. It made Chick look bad.

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2006, 11:01:10 PM »
This is great..
Kamali is having a meltdown..
I almost went to sleep.... :-\