Author Topic: Who Wins Superbowl 41?  (Read 7065 times)

akers1021

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • "Big arms and delts dont make you a bodybuilder"
Who Wins Superbowl 41?
« on: January 22, 2007, 02:55:03 AM »
Will Manning finally shut up all the haters about him not being able to win the big game?

Will the Bears get to do the "superbowl Shuffle" again

Discuss     ;D

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Re: Who Wins Superbowl 41?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2007, 03:18:11 AM »
Well not the goddamm Patriots...... >:(GO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!
L

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2007, 06:18:42 AM »
the team with the most points at the end of the 4th quarter

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2007, 07:19:58 AM »
Well not the goddamm Patriots...... >:(GO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you still complaining about being outplayed for 3 of 4 quarters?

Going with the Colts. The Ravens were a better version of the Bears and the Colts handled them.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2007, 07:34:15 AM »

Going with the Colts. The Ravens were a better version of the Bears and the Colts handled them.

The Ravens offense didn't show up (they beat themselves), and Colts never scored a TD---keeping Manning to just FG's is a feat.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2007, 07:43:17 AM »
The Ravens offense didn't show up (they beat themselves), and Colts never scored a TD---keeping Manning to just FG's is a feat.

Rex is going to get eaten alive by the speed of Indy's D. I doubt that defense will be able to slow the Colts O down enough to keep up with them on the scoreboard. Never know, though.

Faust

• Getbig IV
  • It's a league game, Smokey
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2007, 07:51:15 AM »
Somebody give me a quick rundown so i know what's happening.

Super Bowl, that's the final game i guess.
Is there a regular season with play-offs (best of 3?) ?

What stage of the play-offs are we in now?
$

body88

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2007, 08:05:28 AM »
Are you still complaining about being outplayed for 3 of 4 quarters?

It was not three of four quarters. The Colts did nothing until the last min drive before the second half. The pats where anhailating the colts for the first half , minus there last push before halftime. Even when the colts came back the patriots where in the game until the end. They even led until the Adi td. If Evens had not been the 12th man in the huddle and the pats had made that 4 yards for a  first down it would have been game over. But they did not, so they lost. The pats made some key stops in the fourth quarter and had chances.

The colts won by 4 points, it was a great game and the colts deserved to win. See my beef with you is you say not a word until after then game when the colts win, but when the colts are getting stomped you blame everything on the colts melting down, and have not a word to say. You always howl how a team gives a game away with penalties and such. I would say some of those penalties the pats had last night let the colts stay in it when the door could have been shut. The colts deserved to win, but they could have just as esily lost. As bad as the pats d played the second half they still only lost it by 4 points. The colts got there shit kicked in the first half.Vice versa the second half.

No matter what stat u throw about the second half the patriots lost by 4 points. They make that 4 yards for a first down in the last few min when they led by 3? Game over. They did not, got a dumb penalty, and the colts capitalized. Colts deserved it, and thats the way it goes.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2007, 08:11:05 AM »
It was not three of four quarters. The Colts did nothing until the last min drive before the second half. The pats where anhailating the colts for the first half , minus there last push before halftime. Even when the colts came back the patriots where in the game until the end. They even led until the Adi td. If Evens had not been the 12th man in the huddle and the pats had made that 4 yards for a  first down it would have been game over. But they did not, so they lost. The pats made some key stops in the fourth quarter and had chances.

The colts won by 4 points, it was a great game and the colts deserved to win. See my beef with you is you say not a word until after then game when the colts win, but when the colts are getting stomped you blame everything on the colts melting down. You always howl how a team gives a game away with penalties and such. I would say some of those penalties the pats had last night let the colts stay in it when the door could have been shut. The colts deserved to win, but they could have just as esily lost. As bad as the pats d played the second half they still only lost it by 4 points. The colts got there shit kicked in the first half.

The Pats scored one TD after 5:53 of the second quarter when Samuel returned the int. Their last offensive one was 1:10 before that. From that point on until the kick return to the Colts 20, they did nothing. And they only had to go 20 yards at that point, while the rest of their drives stalled repeatedly. That's called getting outplayed for 3 of 4 quarters or would you rather I said 2.75 of 4 quarters.

They were in the game sure, but the Colts were walking up and down the field that entire game while the Pats continued to go 3 and out. After it was 21-3, the Colts scored on 6 of their next 9 possessions. That's getting outplayed.

body88

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2007, 08:16:22 AM »
My only point is, if the pats made that first down when they led by 3, they won that game. They get a dumb penalty, cant convert and Indy capitalizes. I have nothing negative to say about the colts. I am honestly happy for Dungy.

I just do not understand why it is you said so much about the breaks the chargers gave the pats. Which the pats turned into points. But, when the pats do the same thing for the colts and the colts capitalize, nothing is mentioned. There where numerous chances the pats had to put away the colts, but they did not. The colts capitalized on the mistakes and deserved to win. The fact is tho, it was a four point difference in the end. The d made many key stops in the fourth quarter. Yes, they got outplayed in the second quarter, but so didn't the colts at several pointsin the game. They where getting blown out in most of first 2 quarters.. The pats led until the last min of the game is all I am saying.

The colts went on a big play tear, but in the end the pats led until the last min of the game, it was very, very close. The colts came out on top and deserved it. But, like I said with that three point lead if the pats convert that four yards instead of Health being a complete bonehead the game is over.

The colts deserved to win this game, just making a point.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2007, 08:50:30 AM »
My only point is, if the pats made that first down when they led by 3, they won that game. They get a dumb penalty, cant convert and Indy capitalizes. I have nothing negative to say about the colts. I am honestly happy for Dungy.

I just do not understand why it is you said so much about the breaks the chargers gave the pats. Which the pats turned into points. But, when the pats do the same thing for the colts and the colts capitalize, nothing is mentioned. There where numerous chances the pats had to put away the colts, but they did not. The colts capitalized on the mistakes and deserved to win. The fact is tho, it was a four point difference in the end. The d made many key stops in the fourth quarter. Yes, they got outplayed in the second quarter, but so didn't the colts at several pointsin the game. They where getting blown out in most of first 2 quarters.. The pats led until the last min of the game is all I am saying.

The colts went on a big play tear, but in the end the pats led until the last min of the game, it was very, very close. The colts came out on top and deserved it. But, like I said with that three point lead if the pats convert that four yards instead of Health being a complete bonehead the game is over.

The colts deserved to win this game, just making a point.

Well, I'm not giving the Pats as much credit because they started at least 3 drives in Colt territory and still couldn't capitalize on all of them. The Pats led the whole game because the Colts were digging themselves out of a gigantic hole while making the biggest comeback in history. Both teams made mistakes, the Colts just capitalized.

It's Peyton's time baby!!!

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2007, 10:00:56 AM »
If Evens had not been the 12th man in the huddle and the pats had made that 4 yards for a  first down it would have been game over. But they did not, so they lost.

That's the kind of mistake that other teams usually make against them which gives the Patriots the win.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2007, 10:02:35 AM »
See my beef with you is you say not a word until after then game when the colts win, but when the colts are getting stomped you blame everything on the colts melting down, and have not a word to say.

In truth, though, shouldn't fans wait until the final horn before talking smack?

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2007, 10:07:05 AM »
In truth, though, shouldn't fans wait until the final horn before talking smack?

Funny part is he kept replying to every post I made but the one asking him to admit the Colts were outplaying the Pats on both sides of the ball. But it's a problem when I'm not posting during parts of the game.  ::)

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2007, 10:30:00 AM »

No matter what stat u throw about the second half the patriots lost by 4 points. They make that 4 yards for a first down in the last few min when they led by 3? Game over. They did not, got a dumb penalty, and the colts capitalized. Colts deserved it, and thats the way it goes.

Very close game. If NE had been great this year instead of very good, and/or if they hadn't gone with that questionable 3rd down call, they'd have been able to run out the clock. Manning would've been remembered for the 2nd to last possession that went absolutely nowhere.

Also a few questionable calls, including pass interference and roughing the QB. Home advantage. And inexusable drops by NE's receiver-trade him.

body88

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2007, 11:06:54 AM »

Who was talking smack? Not me. When the pats where pounding the colts in the first quarter I made no cocky comments. Check the thread. I was listing the plays on both sides of the ball. Here is a quote for a huge colts fan about my attitude.

Re: Pats vs Colts
« Reply #196 on: January 21, 2007, 08:40:37 PM » Quote Modify Remove Split Topic 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: body88 on January 21, 2007, 07:22:31 PM
The colts deserved to win. NE had many chances to put them away. Like the pats do, they hung around and they made plays. The deserved to win.

Body88 has class. He is a die hard Patriots fan but always gives props when it is deserved.

body88

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2007, 11:15:08 AM »
Translation -  I have no answer/mature response for valid points and questions. Seems to me when I make a post like this you ignore all the points and questions in it and move on to some short hater fueled insult to toss. I do not play those games these days. Save the "ahahahahahah" and baseless claims for the y.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: BerzerkFury on Today at 10:07:05 AM
Funny part is he kept replying to every post I made but the one asking him to admit the Colts were outplaying the Pats on both sides of the ball. But it's a problem when I'm not posting during parts of the game. 

That not true. When the pats where stomping the colts in the first half, I did not post one cocky comment. I actually defended you when hh6 talked some trash. I said there was a whole quarter left and not to turn the thread into a insult thread. Anything I typed was in response to some shot you took.

Secondly the colts won by 4 points, and just as easily could have lost. The colts where down by a field goal in the last 2 min of the game. The pats outplayed the colts on both sides of the ball all except the last drive  before the half ended. The pats scored 14 points to the colts three in the second quarter. In the second half it was all colts, but the pats led until the last min of the game. They also tacked on enough points to give them the lead all the way up until the last 2 min of the game. The pats also made plenty of key stops in the fourth quarter. Again if Health does not draw the bonehead flag and they convert those 4 yards the colts lose. You make it seem like it was this huge blowout. The fact is they won by four points. You make it seem like NE did not have many key chances to put them away up until the last 1 min off the game. They did not get it done and they lost. That is how it goes. But, if this was the other way around you would be screaming how the colts handed the pats the game on penalties, self meltdowns and bullshit calls. You have done this many times already. I dont give a shit about second half stats. The cold facts where the pats where leading by 3 with 2 min left. They lost by 4 points.

I did not make one comment when the colts got those bullshit calls, that is football. I congratulated the winners. You are just so ecstatic to see the pats lose you attack me and claim I said all these things I never did. Please go into the threads and get proof I was not merely responding to shots you where taking at the pats. It is thatsimple, it never happened.

I am perfectly fine with the colts going to the superbowl, they deserved the win. I am also happy with my team winning a fifth division title making it to the afc championship game and almost getting back to the superbowl. With all the sb's they have won in the last 6 years and all the personal changed they have had to make to stay competitive in the salary cap era I am proud to say my team was in the final four. Any pure football fan ( who does not just hate the pats to hate them) respect's that kind of record. Not easy to do with a cap and free agency. No offense but you do not know much about the pats team and players. You just hate all things MA. Everyone gets it, we all know. You ruin every thread that either team is mentioned in. You do not make arguments or debate, you just hurl insults and write " ahahahahahah". Most of the time the things you post are 100 percent false. Just baseless insults to gloat. You change your argument to suit whatever you are saying, give no credit to anything any MA team does well, and cheapen every accomplishment they have made. I never have heard you even bring up the giants. You are a diehard Giants fan I thought? Seems to me you spend all your time dissing a team that wins while yours sucks and was the joke of the nfl all year. Living vicarisouly through the colts, or just jelous the NY football teams have been a joke for years. My guess is since they are a bad team and have been for a long time, you spend more time on the colts and hating on the pats then talking about the team you are a fan of. Just come off like a flip flopping hater with some of the things you post.

You make things up I never type. Just refer to the thread, anything I did type was in response to you starting crap. Just let it go, I am happy for the colts they played great and deserved the win.
Below is a quote from a die hard colts fan. What you say is just not the case.

« Reply #196 on: January 21, 2007, 08:40:37 PM » Quote Modify Remove Split Topic 

The colts deserved to win. NE had many chances to put them away. Like the pats do, they hung around and they made plays. The deserved to win.

Body88 has class. He is a die hard Patriots fan but always gives props when it is deserved.

body88

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2007, 11:18:03 AM »
That's the kind of mistake that other teams usually make against them which gives the Patriots the win.

Well , the last time they played in a afc championship game NE stomped them 21 - 3. I agree, that mental lapse is just as bad as them giving up a sack. I am not complainging about who won. I think Indy deserved it. This year the calls where def not in NE's favor. The pats have not gotten a break this entire year. They battled to were they where. Last night was proof of this. There where several calls that clearly the colts grabbed some big breaks on. But that is the way it goes. The colts deserved to win. I have no problem with it. For the most part is was a well officiated game. Pats had plenty of chances and did not get it done. They had the lead up until the final min, had chances to score, drew dumb flags etc etc. The colts deserved to win and played great. They capitalized on big mistakes and deserve to be moving on. Good luck to them in the sb.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2007, 11:47:01 AM »
Colts will take it! Haven't really watched the Bears much all season, so I don't care much for them. I want Peyton to get the monkey off his back.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2007, 01:31:27 PM »

I am perfectly fine with the colts going to the superbowl, they deserved the win. I am also happy with my team winning a fifth division title making it to the afc championship game and almost getting back to the superbowl. With all the sb's they have won in the last 6 years and all the personal changed they have had to make to stay competitive in the salary cap era I am proud to say my team was in the final four. Any pure football fan ( who does not just hate the pats to hate them) respect's that kind of record. Not easy to do with a cap and free agency. No offense but you do not know much about the pats team and players. You just hate all things MA. Everyone gets it, we all know. You ruin every thread that either team is mentioned in. You do not make arguments or debate, you just hurl insults and write " ahahahahahah". Most of the time the things you post are 100 percent false. Just baseless insults to gloat. You change your argument to suit whatever you are saying, give no credit to anything any MA team does well, and cheapen every accomplishment they have made. I never have heard you even bring up the giants. My guess is since they are a bad team and have been for a long time. You spend more time on the colts and hating on the pats then talking about the team you are a fan of.

Why would I bring up the Giants in Colts/Pats threads? Think about it for a second before you have an aneurysm.

Secondly, I plead the fifth for everything else. I'm just putting spins on everything like the typical Boston fan. Can't tell you how many bullshit spins I've seen on the Red Sox/Yanks rivalry when you guys aren't even in our league. But it's ok for that, I'm just returning the favor.  ;)

You need to chill out a bit, I didn't even bother to read the majority of that long-winded response.

body88

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2007, 01:53:06 PM »
Translation -  I have no answer/mature response for valid points and questions. Seems to me when I make a post like this you ignore all the points and questions in it and move on to some short hater fueled insult to toss. I do not play those games these days. Save the "ahahahahahah" and baseless claims for the y.

Funny part is he kept replying to every post I made but the one asking him to admit the Colts were outplaying the Pats on both sides of the ball. But it's a problem when I'm not posting during parts of the game. 

That not true. When the pats where stomping the colts in the first half, I did not post one cocky comment. I actually defended you when hh6 talked some trash. I said there was a whole quarter left and not to turn the thread into a insult thread. Anything I typed was in response to some shot you took.

Secondly the colts won by 4 points, and just as easily could have lost. The colts where down by a field goal in the last 2 min of the game. The pats outplayed the colts on both sides of the ball all except the last drive  before the half ended. The pats scored 14 points to the colts three in the second quarter. In the second half it was all colts, but the pats led until the last min of the game. They also tacked on enough points to give them the lead all the way up until the last 2 min of the game. The pats also made plenty of key stops in the fourth quarter. Again if Health does not draw the bonehead flag and they convert those 4 yards the colts lose. You make it seem like it was this huge blowout. The fact is they won by four points. You make it seem like NE did not have many key chances to put them away up until the last 1 min off the game. They did not get it done and they lost. That is how it goes. But, if this was the other way around you would be screaming how the colts handed the pats the game on penalties, self meltdowns and bullshit calls. You have done this many times already. I dont give a shit about second half stats. The cold facts where the pats where leading by 3 with 2 min left. They lost by 4 points.

I did not make one comment when the colts got those bullshit calls, that is football. I congratulated the winners. You are just so ecstatic to see the pats lose you attack me and claim I said all these things I never did. Please go into the threads and get proof I was not merely responding to shots you where taking at the pats. It is thatsimple, it never happened.

I am perfectly fine with the colts going to the superbowl, they deserved the win. I am also happy with my team winning a fifth division title making it to the afc championship game and almost getting back to the superbowl. With all the sb's they have won in the last 6 years and all the personal changed they have had to make to stay competitive in the salary cap era I am proud to say my team was in the final four. Any pure football fan ( who does not just hate the pats to hate them) respect's that kind of record. Not easy to do with a cap and free agency. No offense but you do not know much about the pats team and players. You just hate all things MA. Everyone gets it, we all know. You ruin every thread that either team is mentioned in. You do not make arguments or debate, you just hurl insults and write " ahahahahahah". Most of the time the things you post are 100 percent false. Just baseless insults to gloat. You change your argument to suit whatever you are saying, give no credit to anything any MA team does well, and cheapen every accomplishment they have made. I never have heard you even bring up the giants. You are a diehard Giants fan I thought? Seems to me you spend all your time dissing a team that wins while yours sucks and was the joke of the nfl all year. Living vicarisouly through the colts, or just jelous the NY football teams have been a joke for years. My guess is since they are a bad team and have been for a long time, you spend more time on the colts and hating on the pats then talking about the team you are a fan of. Just come off like a flip flopping hater with some of the things you post.

You make things up I never type. Just refer to the thread, anything I did type was in response to you starting crap. Just let it go, I am happy for the colts they played great and deserved the win.

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2007, 01:55:00 PM »
I easily give it to the team with the black coach, hands down.  They will win for sure.
Squishy face retard

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2007, 04:54:54 PM »
Translation -  I have no answer/mature response for valid points and questions. Seems to me when I make a post like this you ignore all the points and questions in it and move on to some short hater fueled insult to toss. I do not play those games these days. Save the "ahahahahahah" and baseless claims for the y.

Secondly the colts won by 4 points, and just as easily could have lost. The colts where down by a field goal in the last 2 min of the game. The pats outplayed the colts on both sides of the ball all except the last drive  before the half ended. The pats scored 14 points to the colts three in the second quarter. In the second half it was all colts, but the pats led until the last min of the game. They also tacked on enough points to give them the lead all the way up until the last 2 min of the game. The pats also made plenty of key stops in the fourth quarter. Again if Heath does not draw the bonehead flag and they convert those 4 yards the colts lose. You make it seem like it was this huge blowout. The fact is they won by four points. You make it seem like NE did not have many key chances to put them away up until the last 1 min off the game. They did not get it done and they lost. That is how it goes. But, if this was the other way around you would be screaming how the colts handed the pats the game on penalties, self meltdowns and bullshit calls. You have done this many times already. I dont give a shit about second half stats. The cold facts where the pats where leading by 3 with 2 min left. They lost by 4 points.

No I'm going to let it die because I don't feel like reading that. You win I guess?  ???  ::)