Author Topic: The fedor/UFC contract offer thread. All of them Merged!  (Read 16959 times)

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
The fedor/UFC contract offer thread. All of them Merged!
« on: July 26, 2009, 06:47:03 PM »
Dana White: If Fedor can come to terms with the UFC, he’ll fight for the title first

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
In his first public comments since the cancelation of the August 1 Affliction Trilogy card, UFC President Dana White said he's trying to get Fedor Emelianenko into the Octagon. But he acknolwedged that getting the deal done for Fedor to fight UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar won't be easy.

Quote:
"My job is to put on the best fighters and to give you, the fans, the fights you want to see," White said on ESPN Radio 1100 in Las Vegas. "I've been trying to get Fedor in the UFC. I want it because you want it. Believe me, I'm trying to make it happen." 

However, it's far from a sure thing that Fedor will sign with the UFC. A source with knowledge of Fedor's thinking told FanHouse Friday that Fedor would rather sign with Strikeforce than the UFC. Fedor values his independence, and Strikeforce would be willing to give him a deal with much more flexibility than the UFC would provide.

And White didn't sound overly enthusiastic about Fedor, either, saying that he doesn't agree with those who put Fedor atop the lists of the top pound-for-pound fighters in MMA -- or even in the Top 5.

Quote:
"It drives me crazy that people put him in the pound-for-pound," White said. "I don't see him as one of the best pound-for-pound. ... I wouldn't put him in the Top 5." 

White also said that Fedor would get the next crack at heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar if he signs with the UFC.

Quote:
"He'll fight for the title first," White said. "What does he need, a tune-up fight or something? ... To argue where this guy sits in the heavyweight division, we can argue that all day." 

And how would a Fedor vs. Lesnar fight go?

Quote:
"I don't know," White said. "Fedor has a ton of experience. The guy's been around forever. But you can't take anything away from Brock Lesnar. ... It's an interesting fight. It's a very good fight." 

White also said, however, that Randy Couture could get the opportunity to fight Fedor -- at least if Couture could persuade Fedor to sign.

Quote:
"Fedor's got to come to a deal first," White said. "If Randy can go out there and cut that deal with Fedor, then Randy, get to work, buddy

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
Re: Dana White on Fedor!!
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2009, 07:14:17 PM »
on principal I don't want Fedor to sign.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2009, 01:02:55 AM »
on principal I don't want Fedor to sign.

i agree with ya, but at the same time i want to see a brock-fedor showdown :(
R

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2009, 02:28:45 AM »
I want to see Fedor in the UFC.  I think from a financial standpoint it would make more sense for the UFC to give Randy to Fedor first just to get more UFC fans familair with him.  The only problem with that is the UFC would have to hope and pray Brock beats Carwin,  I think Shane will handle Cain.

Petrucci

• Getbig IV
  • Team Kratos!!!
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2009, 05:21:19 AM »
i agree with ya, but at the same time i want to see a brock-fedor showdown :(

rsrs, it seems you guys dont care too much about who is Fedor fighting...You only want him vs the 1st guy on UFC...so it doesnt matter its Couture, Minotauro or Brock...

So lets assume he goes there, and beat Brock....what is going to be left for him?
!

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2009, 09:38:08 AM »
rsrs, it seems you guys dont care too much about who is Fedor fighting...You only want him vs the 1st guy on UFC...so it doesnt matter its Couture, Minotauro or Brock...

So lets assume he goes there, and beat Brock....what is going to be left for him?

Well there's yer problem!!! ;)

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2009, 09:53:27 AM »
Well there's yer problem!!! ;)

Not a problem at all...he would just defend his belt. GSP and Silva are in the same boat.
They repeatedly prove their #1 status.
Undeniable...Fedor has been fighting less than top competition recently. Been over 4 years ::)

Win      Andrei Arlovski      KO (Punch)      Affliction - Day of Reckoning      1/24/2009     1     3:14
 Win    Tim Sylvia    Submission (Rear-Naked Choke)    Affliction - Banned    7/19/2008    1    0:36
 Win    Hong Man Choi    Submission (Armbar)    Yarennoka - New Years Eve 2007    12/31/2007    1    1:54
 Win    Matt Lindland    Submission (Armbar)    Bodog Fight - Clash of the Nations    4/14/2007    1    2:58
 Win    Mark Hunt    Submission (Kimura)    PRIDE - Shockwave 2006    12/31/2006    1    8:16
 Win    Mark Coleman    Submission (Armbar)    PRIDE 32 - The Real Deal    10/21/2006    2    1:15
 Win    Wagner da Conceicao Martins    Submission (Punches)    PRIDE - Shockwave 2005    12/31/2005    

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2009, 10:21:12 AM »
Not a problem at all...he would just defend his belt. GSP and Silva are in the same boat.
They repeatedly prove their #1 status.
Undeniable...Fedor has been fighting less than top competition recently. Been over 4 years ::)

Win      Andrei Arlovski      KO (Punch)      Affliction - Day of Reckoning      1/24/2009     1     3:14
 Win    Tim Sylvia    Submission (Rear-Naked Choke)    Affliction - Banned    7/19/2008    1    0:36
 Win    Hong Man Choi    Submission (Armbar)    Yarennoka - New Years Eve 2007    12/31/2007    1    1:54
 Win    Matt Lindland    Submission (Armbar)    Bodog Fight - Clash of the Nations    4/14/2007    1    2:58
 Win    Mark Hunt    Submission (Kimura)    PRIDE - Shockwave 2006    12/31/2006    1    8:16
 Win    Mark Coleman    Submission (Armbar)    PRIDE 32 - The Real Deal    10/21/2006    2    1:15
 Win    Wagner da Conceicao Martins    Submission (Punches)    PRIDE - Shockwave 2005    12/31/2005    

Only if you consider 4 EX UFC WORLD CHAMPIONS 'less then top competition'

but then again you're the one that said it, not me.

And if you come back with 'oh but they're ex-ufc champions' then what does that say about their shelf life?

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2009, 11:46:05 AM »
Only if you consider 4 EX UFC WORLD CHAMPIONS 'less then top competition'

but then again you're the one that said it, not me.

And if you come back with 'oh but they're ex-ufc champions' then what does that say about their shelf life?

They are 'EX-UFC' champs for a reason. No denying that.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2009, 12:26:32 PM »
They are 'EX-UFC' champs for a reason. No denying that.

Yea but they combined also reigned in the UFC for a good 8-9 years, you can't deny that, and Fedor went  through them like butter.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2009, 12:39:35 PM »
Yea but they combined also reigned in the UFC for a good 8-9 years, you can't deny that, and Fedor went  through them like butter.

Ray Mercer knocked Sylvia out quicker than Fedor. Arvloski just got knocked out by Rogers.
What's your point. They both are not the fighters they used to be.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2009, 01:34:38 PM »
Ray Mercer knocked Sylvia out quicker than Fedor. Arvloski just got knocked out by Rogers.
What's your point. They both are not the fighters they used to be.

You notice in both cases they are MMA guys who got annihilated by former BOXERS, these idiots (arlovski, sylvia) are trying to take on former world class STRIKERS, of course they're gonna get killed, what did you exepect sylvia by arm bar ?!?!

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2009, 02:00:05 PM »
You notice in both cases they are MMA guys who got annihilated by former BOXERS, these idiots (arlovski, sylvia) are trying to take on former world class STRIKERS, of course they're gonna get killed, what did you exepect sylvia by arm bar ?!?!

Either way Fedor, has not fought top level fighters in years.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2009, 02:04:40 PM »
Either way Fedor, has not fought top level fighters in years.

Sure he has, the problem is that top level guys in this sport change every couple of fights, so the top rankings are always moving around, a guy that is a top 5 guy may not even be ranked top 10 after two dissapointing losses.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2009, 02:30:56 PM »
Sure he has, the problem is that top level guys in this sport change every couple of fights, so the top rankings are always moving around, a guy that is a top 5 guy may not even be ranked top 10 after two dissapointing losses.

Fedor's last few fights have been against lesser talent. That is a fact.
The most interesting fights for him are in the UFC.
The UFC builds up fights and markets them very well.
That is a given though...proof is in their success!!

grab an umbrella

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2009, 03:03:43 PM »

I find it interesting that no one mentions his sambo.  He is fighting the best guys in the world in sambo on a regular basis. 

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2009, 03:30:43 PM »

Lesser talent? See, this is where you contradict yourself you cocksucking fag. Arlovski and Sylvia were the toast of the UFC HW division for almost this entire decade. Fedor went through BOTH of them in less time than it took Brock to beat Mir. Yet you're saying the UFC HW division has the best competition. Which by that logic would mean Arlovski and Sylvia, who dominated the UFC HW division for most of this decade, are two of the best fighters alive. Two guys that Fedor destroyed. But then you say Fedor doesn't fight good competition. See where I'm going with this? You change your tune with every post, retard.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2009, 04:27:40 PM »
Lesser talent? See, this is where you contradict yourself you cocksucking fag. Arlovski and Sylvia were the toast of the UFC HW division for almost this entire decade. Fedor went through BOTH of them in less time than it took Brock to beat Mir. Yet you're saying the UFC HW division has the best competition. Which by that logic would mean Arlovski and Sylvia, who dominated the UFC HW division for most of this decade, are two of the best fighters alive. Two guys that Fedor destroyed. But then you say Fedor doesn't fight good competition. See where I'm going with this? You change your tune with every post, retard.

Most of the people that AA and Sylvia beat are not in the UFC anymore. I will agree that when they were fighting in the UFC the HW division sucked. For god's sake Vera was a HW at one point. You do remember that Mir demolished Sylvia?

Currently the HW division in the UFC is stacked. Outside of the UFC, who should Fedor fight next to prove he is
#1. You do realize that you have to fight the best to stay number 1.

Fedor is smart by avoiding the UFC. I would do the same thing if I was him.
A padded record can definitely help his paycheck.

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2009, 06:38:07 PM »
Most of the people that AA and Sylvia beat are not in the UFC anymore. I will agree that when they were fighting in the UFC the HW division sucked. For god's sake Vera was a HW at one point. You do remember that Mir demolished Sylvia?

Currently the HW division in the UFC is stacked. Outside of the UFC, who should Fedor fight next to prove he is
#1. You do realize that you have to fight the best to stay number 1.

Fedor is smart by avoiding the UFC. I would do the same thing if I was him.
A padded record can definitely help his paycheck.

lmao  ;D
you try to hard...
you UFC guy's dont understand that he / Fedor wont let Dana control him..
Read his interview's.. its not about money ...
its about doing what he wants to do...
and there are a lot of companies that will let Fedor do what he wants to do...

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2009, 09:04:53 PM »

lmao  ;D
you try to hard...

The one thing you just don't get about this whole 'UFC is too restrictive' shit is that...

Fedor is just collecting easy wins. He is making excuses. Can't blame him. Might as well go out on a winnig streak.
His fighting career would be much more challenging if he went to the UFC. He knows this.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2009, 09:08:51 PM »

lmao  ;D
you try to hard...

He's your typical UFC dipshit. Picked up MMA about six months ago, youtubed a few Fedor fights and thinks he knows what he's talking about. Contradicts himself with every post and can't make a logical argument for anything. Uses the typical UFC defense that revolves around Brock Lesnar and the fact that his greatest victory is a second round victory over a fighter that isn't even considered a top 10 fighter. LOL.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2009, 09:15:54 PM »
the fact that his greatest victory is a second round victory over a fighter that isn't even considered a top 10 fighter. LOL.
Mir is #4......

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/2/Sherdog-Official-Mixed-Martial-Arts-Rankings-18558

Heavyweight

1. Fedor Emelianenko (30-1, 1 NC)
It almost seems like ages ago that Emelianenko was facing criticism over his level of competition. Affliction’s “Trilogy” on Aug. 1 will mark Emelianenko’s third straight bout against a former UFC champion, as he takes on Josh Barnett in their long-awaited heavyweight clash.

2. Josh Barnett (24-5)
The Ts are crossed and the Is are dotted. Barnett will finally take on Fedor Emelianenko on Aug. 1 at Affliction “Trilogy” in yet another marquee heavyweight showdown for MMA in the coming months.

3. Brock Lesnar (4-1)
In just five fights, Lesnar now owns the full UFC heavyweight crown and sports stoppages over the likes of Frank Mir and Randy Couture. However, despite his overwhelming performance against Mir at UFC 100, Lesnar's post-fight pro-wrestling theatrics seem to have overshadowed his victory.

4. Frank Mir (12-4)
Mir was in his best shape in years for his rematch with Brock Lesnar at UFC 100. It wasn't enough, though, for him to duplicate his first-round submission win from February 2008, as Lesnar brutally pounded Mir out in the second stanza.

5. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (31-5-1, 1 NC)
Whether it will wind up being the fight for which fans had long hoped remains to be seen, but two of the sport’s most enduring icons will square off at UFC 102 in August when Nogueira finally meets up with Randy Couture.

6. Randy Couture (16-9)
His bout with Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira is long overdue. Hopefully, when “The Natural” and “Minotauro” square off at UFC 102 in August, the clash of heavyweight legends will not prove past its expiration date.

7. Brett Rogers (10-0)
After his blistering 22-second knockout of Andrei Arlovski, Rogers was expected to be fast-tracked to a Strikeforce title shot against champion Alistair Overeem. Instead, the unbeaten prospect will continue honing his craft on Strikeforce's October offering against a yet-to-be-named opponent.

8. Andrei Arlovski (15-7)
Despite having knocked off the likes of Fabricio Werdum, Ben Rothwell and Roy Nelson in the recent past, those accomplishments now seem like distant memories for Arlovski. “The Pitbull” has been brutally smashed in his last two outings against Fedor Emelianenko and Brett Rogers, and conversation now centers on the fragile chin that has betrayed him again.

9. Shane Carwin (11-0)
Carwin will be back in action at UFC 104 on Oct. 24. If all goes according to plan, he'll find opposition in fellow unbeaten heavyweight prospect Cain Velasquez in a bout rich with risk and reward for both fighters.

10. Alistair Overeem (29-11, 1 NC)
In the first defense of his Strikeforce heavyweight title, Alistair Overeem will get a chance for revenge on Aug. 15. He will stake his mantle against UFC and Pride veteran Fabricio Werdum, who submitted the high-flying Dutchman back in May 2006.

Even on "Sherdog"  5 of the top ten heavyweights are in the UFC.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2009, 09:17:47 PM »
He's your typical UFC dipshit. Picked up MMA about six months ago, youtubed a few Fedor fights and thinks he knows what he's talking about. Contradicts himself with every post and can't make a logical argument for anything. Uses the typical UFC defense that revolves around Brock Lesnar and the fact that his greatest victory is a second round victory over a fighter that isn't even considered a top 10 fighter. LOL.

Brock beat both Randy and Mir...both top ten. Where do you get your facts?

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2009, 09:18:36 PM »
Mir just creeped back into the top 10 based on the fact that the UFC HW division has gone to complete shit. He hadn't sniffed it for a while before that. The UFC hype machine works wonders.

Really worked wonders. He surely looked like a top 10 fighter out there. Really did.  ::)

He'll probably fall below Arlovski in the new rankings. That Arlovski guy who Fedor decimated.  ;)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2009, 09:21:40 PM »

He'll probably fall below Arlovski in the new rankings. That Arlovski guy who Fedor decimated.  ;)
Those are the newest rankings.

Brett Rogers beat Arlovski quicker than Fedor, and Brett doesn't have a single "NC" behind his name, does that mean Brett>Fedor?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!