Author Topic: OLD SCHOOL PROTEIN, VITAMIN'S, AND MINERAL!S  (Read 22882 times)

Robert Zuver

• Getbig III
OLD SCHOOL PROTEIN, VITAMIN'S, AND MINERAL!S
« on: April 29, 2013, 03:32:45 PM »
Back in the early 60s Training Get Big Supplements such as Powdered Milk Protein, Beef Liver Protein, All types of Vitamin Tablets, And lots of Special Mineral's were just getting started.  On the west coast, back then, there weren't all that many available. Bob Zuver Sr. Saw a need for them for all though's that he was training in his famous gym so he came out with a special line of products to suit the needs of Bodybuilders, and Powerlifters. His products worked with such great results that many of the champions of though's days used them to bulk up.  A lot of them used pops stuff in spite of being sponsored by other product distributors. They shall remain nameless. Some of you guys on this site were fortunate enough to train at the old gym and use some of these products I'm sure.
Feel free you guys to Speak up and tell what you remember about what Was, the best Bulk Up Protein of it's day.  The pictures are of the product labels that I fortunately still have in my collection.
One more little fact about training at  Zuver's was all the serious lifters always carried a Big Bottel Organic Honey with them during their workout. Zuver's had a great line of Honey also. This was our line from the 1960s, 1970s, and 1980s.
Enjoy

Robert Zuver

• Getbig III
Re: OLD SCHOOL PROTEIN, VITAMIN'S, AND MINERAL!S
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 03:35:17 PM »
Labels Continued

Robert Zuver

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 03:37:35 PM »
Labels post # 3

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2013, 09:45:48 PM »
Cool stuff. I really like the label on the first one.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2013, 08:12:58 AM »
 :-* i don't remember these here on the east coast it was mostly hoffman's and weider's with a few odd ball brands mixed in.world's gym,blair's, superspectrim. the hoffman used to come in pill form and you more or kless sucked on them or chewed them. tasted like sweetened sawdust. the protein bars were better peanut butter,sawdust, dirt, hoffman's sweat what a concoction.
F

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2013, 09:42:38 AM »
It seems like the milk & egg blends were what got the job done back then.
Even today, the top-ranked products contain dairy and egg amino profiles.

Robert Zuver

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2013, 09:48:32 AM »
At Zuvers back in the day these two were the number one sellers and used by all the big boys of the day.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2013, 09:54:11 AM »
100% Organ Meat??

I'm sure that was awesome for muscular growth but I'd love to hear some feedback on the taste.  ???

Robert Zuver

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2013, 10:08:40 AM »
100% Organ Meat??

I'm sure that was awesome for muscular growth but I'd love to hear some feedback on the taste.  ???

Answer
Back then they all tasted like CRAP.
But the Liver protein was fast for muscle growth and flat out worked.
And we all know if your truly a devoted meathead you'll eat or drink anything that Works.
Don't We?

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2013, 10:12:33 AM »
Answer
But the Liver protein was fast for muscle growth and flat out worked.
And we all know if your truly a devoted meathead you'll eat or drink anything that Works.
Don't We?

Absolutely my man!

I figured as much and I would have been there with my hard earned paycheck purchasing a lot of that stuff had I lived in that era, this much I do know.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2013, 10:53:22 AM »

Respectfully, they're not any better today.

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2013, 08:56:04 PM »
:-* i don't remember these here on the east coast it was mostly hoffman's and weider's with a few odd ball brands mixed in.world's gym,blair's, superspectrim. the hoffman used to come in pill form and you more or kless sucked on them or chewed them. tasted like sweetened sawdust. the protein bars were better peanut butter,sawdust, dirt, hoffman's sweat what a concoction.
Ha! I used to take super spectrum.  I remember vince gironda endorsed them.  Weren't they out of Erie or somehwhere around there?  Where u from Funk? I've been to York museum quite a few times and plan plan on going again soon.

I used to live on liver tabs btw.  Think I'll look in to them again cuz i'm not producing as much stinky gas as usual.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2013, 08:05:28 AM »
Ha! I used to take super spectrum.  I remember vince gironda endorsed them.  Weren't they out of Erie or somehwhere around there?  Where u from Funk? I've been to York museum quite a few times and plan plan on going again soon.

I used to live on liver tabs btw.  Think I'll look in to them again cuz i'm not producing as much stinky gas as usual.
dessicated liver and brewers yeast were the norm back in the old days. bob o'leary of BOSS suplements used to distribute them in my area. live near allentown as in the billy joel song.
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2013, 08:13:55 AM »
supersprectrim is still in business it was founded by dr carlin venus rip.draper sells it on his web site and super spectrim has a web site of their own.
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2013, 09:03:50 AM »
anyone ever tried or heard of the sylvester stallone line of supplements, i remember seeing a bunch of the sylvester stallone pudding in the discount rack in a vitamin shop or gnc after it folded. ::) ::) ::) ::)
F

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2013, 09:41:24 AM »
anyone ever tried or heard of the sylvester stallone line of supplements, i remember seeing a bunch of the sylvester stallone pudding in the discount rack in a vitamin shop or gnc after it folded. ::) ::) ::) ::)

I remember the ads..."instone" was the name. I never tried them but from what I recall the reviews on the pudding were pretty negative.

Robert Zuver

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2013, 09:42:08 AM »
Yea they weren't on the market very long.
Never tried them but heard some of them tasted pritty good.  I met him in his younger years, nice guy.

LXEX55

• Getbig I
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2017, 10:36:04 AM »
I remember Hoffman's stuff. Energol tri-germ oil especially. Came in clear plastic bottles that always leaked.

Notomorrow

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2018, 10:55:14 AM »
Yea they weren't on the market very long.
Never tried them but heard some of them tasted pritty good.  I met him in his younger years, nice guy.
Pudding was the BEST!!! No carbs...high protein and tasted great but Sly had so much money/fame that it didn't take long for a proprietary lawsuit suing instone about who invented the pudding...wasn't worth it for Sly to fight so the company just folded...really miss that pudding.

Muscl3r

• Getbig I
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2018, 06:24:29 AM »
I think my old man knows these