Author Topic: Genesis: Firmament  (Read 3266 times)

The Ugly

• Getbig V
Genesis: Firmament
« on: December 30, 2014, 07:22:48 PM »
MoS, please explain what this is supposed to be. Under water, over water, then it's heaven? My bro, a fairly well-read Christian, is confused as well.

Any help?

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
Re: Genesis: Firmament
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2014, 06:15:13 AM »
MoS, please explain what this is supposed to be. Under water, over water, then it's heaven? My bro, a fairly well-read Christian, is confused as well.

Any help?

I've always understood the firmament as the open space above the water and below the border of the earth's atmosphere.  Another firmament in the open vacuum of space in the universe (the area of dark matter essentially) past the border of earth's atmosphere.  

I always refer to Strong's Concordance for hebrew translations of words and in this case the hebrew word "raqia" (english: firmament) refers to an open, extended expanse of space.

I suppose another firmament exists within the ocean itself given the vast expanse of space there.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
Re: Genesis: Firmament
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2014, 09:56:37 AM »
I've always understood the firmament as the open space above the water and below the border of the earth's atmosphere.  Another firmament in the open vacuum of space in the universe (the area of dark matter essentially) past the border of earth's atmosphere.  

I always refer to Strong's Concordance for hebrew translations of words and in this case the hebrew word "raqia" (english: firmament) refers to an open, extended expanse of space.

I suppose another firmament exists within the ocean itself given the vast expanse of space there.

Thanks again, much appreciated.