Author Topic: Nobel Prize Winner Debunks Atheism!  (Read 42130 times)

Ron Harrigan

Re: Nobel Prize Winner Debunks Atheism!
« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2015, 01:44:50 PM »
It still doesn't prove that a God with a white beard in the sky, who sends people to heaven and hell, created everything.

Again, proving evolution false does not mean the god of the bible created man.

It may be a God, but there is no proof its the God of the bible. However, there is no proof that this was all done by a God at all

Unless you can prove that directly, its all a hypothesis and I will reject your God.

Today's Creation Moment
Disproving the Doubters
Joshua 10:10 "And the LORD discomfited them before Israel, and slew them with a great slaughter at Gibeon, and chased them along the way that goeth up to Bethhoron, and smote them to Azekah, and unto Makkedah." Modern criticism of the Bible began in the late 1700s and has continued to this day. The usual claim, often from Bible scholars, has been that the Bible is nothing more than error-filled human writings. Before serious excavation work had begun in the mid-1800s, scholars felt free to consider lack of evidence as proof that people, cities, and even whole nations mentioned in the Bible never existed. It didn't seem to matter to them that they had never even bothered to look for the evidence.
Soon, biblical archaeology started finding the evidences. And with each discovery, the critics' pronouncements about errors in the Bible began to crumble. One example is the biblical record of Joshua's leadership of Israel in occupying the promised land. Joshua 10:10-11 reports how Joshua defeated Hazor, burning the city to the ground. All this had been dismissed by the doubters, but then archaeologists found the ruins of Hazor. The ruins clearly showed destruction by an intense fire. The fire had been so hot that adobe had been baked lobster red, stones had been changed by the heat of the fire, and the ashes of the city were five feet deep!
Every claim that there is error in the Bible has been based upon lack of knowledge. Let's face it, no matter what the subject, including history, God has more knowledge than we do!
Prayer:
Dear heavenly Father, I thank You for Your Word which has been preserved for our instruction today. Guide me by Your Holy Spirit to make good use of Your Word in my daily life. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

Louis Cipher

• Getbig II
  • Aue Caesar, Morituri Te Salutant!
« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2015, 01:47:36 PM »
Atheism falsified once and for all. Sorry you were duped, all ye atheist stooges.

"There are only two possibilities as to how life arose; one is spontaneous generation arising to evolution, the other is a supernatural creative act of God, there is no third possibility. Spontaneous generation that life arose from non-living matter was scientifically disproved 120 years ago by Louis Pasteur and others. That leaves us with only one possible conclusion, that life arose as a creative act of God. I will not accept that philosophically because I do not want to believe in God, therefore I choose to believe in that which I know is scientifically impossible, spontaneous generation arising to evolution."
-- Dr. George Wald, Professor Emeritus of Biology at Harvard University, winner of the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine

What Pasteur disproved was the spontaneous generation of microbes on biological substrate (broths). His experiments were very different from those that produced aminoacids from what was considered the "primordial atmosphere": water, ammonia, methane and hydrogen.

LATS

• Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2015, 01:53:50 PM »
 Even if you debunk evolution.. And prove there is a creator.. That does not mean that it is the " god" in the bible.. In other words people want to believe that there is a heaven.. But they are basing that on the god in the bible of which we have no proof.. There may very well be a creator is sorts but, that does not mean we die and we goto eternal salvation ect ect.. It may mean we just die.. Period.. And the only reason people want to cling to this issue is to believe there is something after death..

Ron Harrigan

« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2015, 01:54:09 PM »
It still doesn't prove that a God with a white beard in the sky, who sends people to heaven and hell, created everything.

It may be a God, but there is no proof its the God of the bible. However, there is no proof that this was all done by a God at all

Unless you can prove that directly, its all a hypothesis and I will reject your God.

Today's Creation Moment
Hazor's Biblical History Confirmed
1 Kings 9:15 "And this is the reason of the levy which king Solomon raised; for to build the house of the LORD, and his own house, and Millo, and the wall of Jerusalem, and Hazor, and Megiddo, and Gezer."
Secular archaeologists usually assume that the historical statements found in Scripture are overstatements or simply incorrect. It was with this attitude that archaeologists approached the ruins of Hazor to see if they could tell whether Solomon actually did add to the wall of Hazor and build other structures there, as the Bible says. Hazor was an important city on the primary military and trade routes between Israel and Phoenicia, Syria, Mesopotamia and Egypt.
Hazor had been destroyed by Joshua when Israel took possession of the Promised Land. Over the following centuries, the site began to be inhabited by Israelites. By Solomon's time, the city reached a size of about 10 acres and was home to between 800 and 1,000 people. Archaeologists found that sometime during the reign of Solomon, the city wall was expanded, doubling the size. Other buildings also were added at this time. Excavations show that at Solomon's time the city was prosperous. The city's six chambered gate is typical of the gates Israel built at this time. Gates of the same design also exist at Megiddo and Gezer, two other cities named as being fortified by Solomon, according to the same verse that mentions the fortification of Hazor!
Again, the Bible has been vindicated as presenting accurate history. We can be equally sure that the Bible's account of creation is accurate because the Bible is God's Word.
Prayer:
Dear Father, I thank You that Your Word is trustworthy in all things, for it tells me of my salvation in Jesus Christ. Amen.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2015, 02:01:58 PM »

That's your choice, when you reject God, you reject life.

John 12:48

He who rejects Me and does not receive My sayings, has one who judges him; the word I spoke is what will judge him at the last day.

Psalms 50:22

Now consider this, you who forget God, Or I will tear you in pieces, and there will be none to deliver.

Matthew 10:33
But whoever denies Me before men, I will also deny him before My Father who is in heaven.

Luke 12:9
but he who denies Me before men will be denied before the angels of God.

Ron Harrigan

« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2015, 02:09:43 PM »
Even if you debunk evolution.. And prove there is a creator.. That does not mean that it is the " god" in the bible.. In other words people want to believe that there is a heaven.. But they are basing that on the god in the bible of which we have no proof.. There may very well be a creator is sorts but, that does not mean we die and we goto eternal salvation ect ect.. It may mean we just die.. Period.. And the only reason people want to cling to this issue is to believe there is something after death..

Today's Creation Moment
The Bible: Convincing History
Joshua 11:11 "And they smote all the souls that were therein with the edge of the sword, utterly destroying them: there was not any left to breathe: and he burnt Hazor with fire."
The Bible tells us that in conquering Canaan, Joshua destroyed the city of Hazor, which was the chief city in the area. Bible critics are usually skeptical of the claims made by the Bible, especially when it comes to Israel's conquest of Canaan. Excavations at Hazor began in 1955 and have gone on sporadically ever since. Archaeologists wanted to know when Hazor was destroyed and who it was that destroyed it. Doubting that Israel could have caused the destruction, some suggested Hazor was destroyed by the Philistines, by another Canaanite city, or the Egyptians.
New excavations during the 1990s revealed some interesting answers. The city was clearly destroyed by fire, as attested by the remaining ashes of the city, which are 3 feet deep in some places. This is consistent with Scripture's account. Because of the large amount of olive oil stored in large jars in the palace, the fire was especially bad there, reaching temperatures estimated at over two thousand degrees Fahrenheit. In addition, statues and idols were smashed, which is what the Israelites typically did in obedience to God. The idols destroyed were gods worshiped by the Philistines, Canaanites and Egyptians, making them unlikely as the destroyers. The pattern of destruction is the same as described by Scripture, leaving the only conclusion, say those closest to the excavations, that only Israel could have done this! It's good to see that even those who doubt the truth of Scripture can be convinced of its truth by history itself.
Prayer:
I thank You, Lord, that I can be sure of the Bible's promise of salvation. Amen.

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2015, 02:12:23 PM »
Yeah, cause that retard was around the universe billions of years ago and basically knows everything  ::)

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2015, 02:16:51 PM »
Even if you debunk evolution.. And prove there is a creator.. That does not mean that it is the " god" in the bible.

I've been told by some that Christ could stand before them and perform miracles and they would still refuse to believe in the God of the bible.....that their worldview does not allow for God regardless of the proof.

This is why in discussion you gotta learn when to cut bait. 

For believers I say do what you can to present others the gospel, answers the questions you are able to and just show love.

No replies are necessary to my post.

Ron Harrigan

« Reply #58 on: March 10, 2015, 02:17:46 PM »
Today's Creation Moment
How Old Does the Bible Say the Earth Is?
Genesis 5:3-5
“And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, after his image; and called his name Seth: And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and daughters: And all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years: and he died.” We have all heard or read about a scientist from some university declaring that a certain rock or fossil is millions of years old. But what do these pronouncements do to the Bible’s history that begins with creation? Has modern science proven that the Bible’s history is inaccurate?
Nowhere in the Bible do we find an exact statement that says precisely how many years old the Earth is. However, the Bible is filled with statements that, if added together, can give us a fairly accurate age for the Earth. You see, in ancient times people did not receive pretty picture calendars from the local bank. Their calendars were much different from ours today – but they were very accurate. These calendars are recorded in the Bible.
Many people find little use for the lists in Scripture that say so and so begat so and so, who begat so and so when he was 70 years old. But these are not lists. They are the ancient calendars, preserved for us today in the Bible by God. Even the Chinese preserve their calendar by genealogies. If we chain all the “begats” together and add up the results, we find that the Earth cannot be much more than 6,000 years old. Even if there might be a few gaps between some of the “begats” (which seems unlikely), the Earth still cannot be much more than 7,000 years old.
There are actually more scientific dating methods that support this young age for the Earth than support the most ancient ages. The Bible’s history stands unchallenged by modern science!
Prayer:
Dear Father, I thank You that Your Word is trustworthy. Forgive me when I begin to think that our modern age has more truth than previous ages, and especially more than Your Word. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Ron Harrigan

« Reply #59 on: March 10, 2015, 02:22:17 PM »
Today's Creation Moment
Amazing Water
Job 37:10
“By the breath of God frost is given: and the breadth of the waters is straitened.” According to evolutionary theory, all matter and energy were the result of a huge explosion called the “Big Bang.” The laws that matter and energy must follow are also the result of that same great explosion. As a further result of these beliefs, evolutionists are convinced that things behave the way they do quite accidentally.
The first question that comes to mind is: How could an accident have produced the seemingly careful designs we see in the way certain important materials behave? Consider water, for example. Water is essential to life. Water, which is the basis of our blood, carries dissolved food to the deepest cells in our bodies along with oxygen so that our cells can live. Water dissolves the wastes and behaves in just the right way so that other organs can remove those wastes from our bodies. Is it an accident that only water, the very same material basic to the materials of life, also can do all these other unique jobs?
Water also refuses to act like most other materials. For example, we all know that when any material is turned from a liquid to a solid, it becomes more dense and therefore heavier. But when water freezes into ice, it doesn’t do this; it gets lighter. If it got heavier, ice would sink in our northern lakes when it formed, and they would quickly freeze solid, killing all life in them.
The unique properties of water are only a few of the millions of so called accidents that had to happen “just so” – in harmony with millions of other details – in order to make life possible. All by itself, simple water testifies to a wise Creator.
Prayer:
Dear Father, I thank You for the wonderful way in which You have designed blood to work. But most especially do I thank You that Your Son, Jesus Christ, shed His blood on the cross for the forgiveness of my sins. Let me never take that wonderful blessing for granted in any word, deed or thought. In His Name. Amen.

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #60 on: March 10, 2015, 02:27:52 PM »
Atheism falsified once and for all. Sorry you were duped, all ye atheist stooges.

"There are only two possibilities as to how life arose; one is spontaneous generation arising to evolution, the other is a supernatural creative act of God, there is no third possibility. Spontaneous generation that life arose from non-living matter was scientifically disproved 120 years ago by Louis Pasteur and others. That leaves us with only one possible conclusion, that life arose as a creative act of God. I will not accept that philosophically because I do not want to believe in God, therefore I choose to believe in that which I know is scientifically impossible, spontaneous generation arising to evolution."
-- Dr. George Wald, Professor Emeritus of Biology at Harvard University, winner of the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine

ROFL, getting pwned by a homeschooler

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #61 on: March 10, 2015, 02:29:32 PM »
because a branch evolved and another didnt? Why two similar branch of evolution couldnt coexist ?

Most dinosaurs evolved to become birds, while other reptilian branches of evolution like crocodiles and snakes stayed similar -althought they decreased in size over time- and coexisted until now.

Dont feed the troll

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: March 10, 2015, 02:44:18 PM »
Quit your little sideshows child. Show me the evidence. Anything will do.

Oh and you should have said 'You just don't get it do you'  :-X

I tried to tell you, I am trolling my friend, I am on your side.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: March 10, 2015, 02:44:47 PM »
I've been told by some that Christ could stand before them and perform miracles and they would still refuse to believe in the God of the bible.....that their worldview does not allow for God regardless of the proof.

For believers I say do what you can to present others the gospel, answers the questions you are able to and just show love.

lol yeah, in case they would destroy your fairy tales a bit more.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: March 10, 2015, 02:51:32 PM »
Life comes from life chief.  Life doesn't come from non-life.  It's as simple as that.  Even for those that believe in "aliens" (Fallen Angels) who created them?  There is an ultimate form of life.  He is called God although that's not his name that's another thread.  Everything that exists doesn't just spontaneously just pop into existence. Unless there is God behind it. And it even took him a week to create the heavens and earth.
No, actually life comes from "nothing" ie an interaction between water and heat/light.  There s life under see where there s water and sources of heat, and life at the surface of water because of ...water interacting with the sun light. This is where "life comes from".

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #65 on: March 10, 2015, 02:53:52 PM »
No, actually life comes from "nothing" ie an interaction between water and heat/light.  There s life under see where there s water and sources of heat, and life at the surface of water because of ...water interacting with the sun light. This is where "life comes from".

You have no credibility, you don't know what you believe.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #66 on: March 10, 2015, 02:58:00 PM »

Yes, because our senses are not always reliable and may deceive us.

Its the same way that you can ask 10 people to report on the same event, and you have 10 different versions of the same exact event. Our senses are not always accurate. Thus, seeing or sensing a miracle in no way indicates that God is real.
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #67 on: March 10, 2015, 03:00:52 PM »
That's your choice, when you reject God, you reject life.

John 12:48

He who rejects Me and does not receive My sayings, has one who judges him; the word I spoke is what will judge him at the last day.

Psalms 50:22

Now consider this, you who forget God, Or I will tear you in pieces, and there will be none to deliver.

Matthew 10:33
But whoever denies Me before men, I will also deny him before My Father who is in heaven.

Luke 12:9
but he who denies Me before men will be denied before the angels of God.

Actually, I embrace life and I am quite happy and content. I love helping people out, and showing love and compassion toward others.

You can tell me since I reject God, I am rejecting life. I will counteract that and say because I reject God, I have embraced life.

You see what happens: You say one thing, and I say another thing. And around and around we go. Either way, its going to get us nowhere.

Believe what you want about  me and my life. Makes no difference to me  :) :)

Cheers.
X

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: March 10, 2015, 03:06:36 PM »
 Everything that exists doesn't just spontaneously just pop into existence. Unless there is God behind it.

So there is another God behind God   ??? ,

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #69 on: March 10, 2015, 03:07:50 PM »
So there is another God behind God   ??? ,

Theists will give the typical response: There is only One God and that God has always been here. He is eternal.  :-\
X

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: March 10, 2015, 03:10:03 PM »
Theists will give the typical response: There is only One God and that God has always been here. He is eternal.  :-\

But Wiggs said that  ''everything that exists doesn't just spontaneously just pop into existence'' , either god was created by another god or god doesn't exist.

greeneyes

• Getbig IV
  • TeaM beautiful éyés FéLLa whén he eatiNg
« Reply #71 on: March 10, 2015, 03:12:36 PM »
I embraced agnosticism to avoid these stupid debates about god. Who cares? Exist or do not exist, I only give a fuck about my proper existence and my fellow existence. What it will add to us, to know? If you fill your head with mystery of god, know you are a dumbass.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: March 10, 2015, 03:26:44 PM »

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #73 on: March 10, 2015, 03:28:32 PM »
I tried to tell you, I am trolling my friend, I am on your side.

I knew 5min after you posted. Wasn't directing that post at you. Your posting history tells me you're not given to childlike wonderings about an invisible creature creating everything .

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: March 10, 2015, 03:31:43 PM »

............ winner of the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine

666 'greetings'  :D