Author Topic: Walter Sobchak.  (Read 14579 times)

Titus Pullo

• Getbig III
Re: Walter Sobchak.
« Reply #75 on: July 31, 2022, 11:18:59 AM »
Not Always - & Opinions Vary.

It May Very Well be Worth it To Matt. - If Not You & OMR.

True, albeit very sad.

keanu

• Getbig IV
« Reply #76 on: July 31, 2022, 11:57:44 AM »
Agree with you on these points. He was great but I do believe a bit overrated.  His intelligence? I guess he gets a reputation for being smart because he was a teacher. His nickname was supposedly 'The chemist.' I never read anything in his books or heard in his interviews anything that comes across as so much more high minded than any of his contemporaries. A lot of new age spiritualism. It's like he read Jonathan Livingston Seagull and his mind was blown.

Also ive heard a lot of his interviews.  Funny thing about his recollection of his career: whenever he won a show It's because he was such a better bodybuilder, the way he posed, his symmetry etc...but whenever he lost a show it's because it was fixed. He lost to Arnold becaused the judges were his buddies, he lost toFranco because Franco was Arnolds buddy, he lost to Pearl because they wrre on London and Pearl was popular in London etc...etc...

Great for sure, 79 unbelievable, but overrated and kind of unlikable.
  Zane didn't have the frame to add lots of muscle so he came in ripped.  An extreme ectomorph who could cut. Genetics wise he was blessed to have no glaring weak points. Weider was pushing for beach body types when he won. From Samir's O, to Haney, Yates, Ronnie..... he would be laughed off the stage. He seemed like an egotistical jerk in some of his interviews. 

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: July 31, 2022, 02:03:10 PM »
My old mate Teutonic Knight is back. What happened to Iron Cross? Are you still getting paid to harass me?

Just stay Safety Fat & avoid trip to Rookwood  ;)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: July 31, 2022, 06:25:41 PM »
Let's put aside the childish nonsense Prime. The only reason Matt sent you a video JOing was to flirt. Let's cut him a break he's finally coming out of the closet. His self denial is dropping away. Kudos to Matt

Sarcasm noted.

I assume you are joking but in the event you are not, there is nothing flirt worthy going on here. 

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #79 on: July 31, 2022, 07:13:51 PM »
Send your money to arce instead

;D

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: July 31, 2022, 11:49:27 PM »
Send your money to arce instead

Hahaha yes

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: August 01, 2022, 01:46:42 AM »
That's a good point,  always excuses.
He did have a great quality to his physique and completeness at such a low bodyweight, the swimmer comments are ridiculous.

Agree with you on these points. He was great but I do believe a bit overrated.  His intelligence? I guess he gets a reputation for being smart because he was a teacher. His nickname was supposedly 'The chemist.' I never read anything in his books or heard in his interviews anything that comes across as so much more high minded than any of his contemporaries. A lot of new age spiritualism. It's like he read Jonathan Livingston Seagull and his mind was blown.

Also ive heard a lot of his interviews.  Funny thing about his recollection of his career: whenever he won a show It's because he was such a better bodybuilder, the way he posed, his symmetry etc...but whenever he lost a show it's because it was fixed. He lost to Arnold becaused the judges were his buddies, he lost toFranco because Franco was Arnolds buddy, he lost to Pearl because they wrre on London and Pearl was popular in London etc...etc...

Great for sure, 79 unbelievable, but overrated and kind of unlikable.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #82 on: August 01, 2022, 02:05:48 AM »
Josh is great on video. I think he could be an actor.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #83 on: August 04, 2022, 04:04:34 PM »
Another amazing videos by one of Getbig's best/classic members:

It's refreshing to watch content like this, rather than content by Walter Sobchak, who just trashes people.

Tonight, I should be doing some dumbbell bench press with the 120's, to see what I can do. Hopefully I'll get at least 12 full/clean reps, or maybe I'll opt for 15+ sloppy reps.  ;D

Either way, it's something Walter Sobchak is incapable of doing.

It blows my mind that such an utterly weak phaggot would be bashing some of Getbig's finest members.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #84 on: August 04, 2022, 04:58:31 PM »

It's refreshing to watch content like this, rather than content by Walter Sobchak, who just trashes people.

Tonight, I should be doing some dumbbell bench press with the 120's, to see what I can do. Hopefully I'll get at least 12 full/clean reps, or maybe I'll opt for 15+ sloppy reps.  ;D

It blows my mind that such an utterly weak phaggot would be bashing some of Getbig's finest members.re tright I go over boasrd,buit I will not post a pic un til I1m in the
Will you please shut your piehole and stop trying to score points with Josh.....geezus what a fucking bootlicker.

Hey Josh. at times I post to push Hankins buttons,I also vehemently disgaree with a ton of the BS he spews.....is this not a discussion board.....have I not the right to discuss......also in your case... pot,meet kettle there was a time not too long ago where you two threatened to kill each other,here and off the fucking board.....would,posting a pic of a dead body be appropriate?

I like you,and I consider you a friend but  but you are as guilty as me when it comers to him....only differance is you`ll post a pic today,I`ll wait until I`m in shape.

If this disappoints you pull up your skirt or lose my email addy cuz I travel light bro......if you need a Hanky,just ask your boy Hanky who threatened to piss on pellius grave.....I have always considered you a good and trusted friend for years now.....but trust me you will learn to live with your disapointment in me cuz I do what I want to just like you and will post what I want just like,you would.

You telling me that over a bunch of posts to a drug addicted retard has made me disappointed in you too/also/ditto.

I never turn on a friend right or wrong and this is neither....just trivial nonsense......do as your stupid statement over such a great buddy don`t get me wrong,but I am disappointed with you too.......now does that hurt you.....of course not....doesn`t hurt me either.

It is what it is bud.......I am me.....you are you,and I will never change for you or anyone else....if that dissapoints you too,what can I say.

I will post pics when my contest rolls around.....I quit for 5 years you just don`t gather your build back in less than a year by fucking osmosis.

As far as you being disappointed with me theres a long line thats still in existance from around 1978 or so get a ticket or ask for cuts and wait your turn.................FRI END.

Sixteen I fell in love
With a girl as sweet as could be
It only took a couple of days
'Til she was rid of me
She swore that she would be all mine
And love me 'til the end
But when I whispered in her ear
I lost another friend

SGT BARNES

• Getbig IV
  • crush your enemies, see them driven before you
« Reply #85 on: August 04, 2022, 05:19:30 PM »
Mattc - a Q - your upper body lifts are way up there lb to lb.

I dont hear much about you building up legs - did you have a leg injury and you dont push the lowers or I havent paid attention

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: August 04, 2022, 06:13:43 PM »
Thanks for the mention on video Josh

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #87 on: August 04, 2022, 06:28:47 PM »

It blows my mind that such an utterly weak phaggot would be bashing some of Getbig's finest members.
Maybe Josh deserves a little thank you if you really appreciate the content he's putting out. Perhaps one of your patented home videos will show your appreciation

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #88 on: August 04, 2022, 06:42:30 PM »
Thanks for the mention on video Josh

Yeah right, I feel legendary. I’ve finally made it.

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #89 on: August 04, 2022, 06:44:15 PM »
Maybe Josh deserves a little thank you if you really appreciate the content he's putting out. Perhaps one of your patented home videos will show your appreciation

Hahahaha

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #90 on: August 04, 2022, 06:44:57 PM »
Mattc - a Q - your upper body lifts are way up there lb to lb.

I dont hear much about you building up legs - did you have a leg injury and you dont push the lowers or I havent paid attention

Thank you for acknowledging that, Sgt. Barnes.

Some of the comments are oddly delusional, yet still impactful. In 2007 at the Arnold, I was the third Getbigger to ever approach King Kamali in person [Special Ed and The Blockhead beat me by a few minutes]. For all the flak that guy would take, you'd think one person would have approached him to say it to him.

One year prior to that, I entered my first strength contest, and came 4th in the middleweight class [<185-lb, I believe], with a bench press of 280-lb.

Based on comments on her, I would have thought I would be last out of 50 guys or something. In reality, that was way off. And that's why I just had enough of people posting delusional statements, like those of Walter Sobchak.

You saying I'm strong for my size is just an objectively correct statement. It's not unlike saying winters in Canada are cold. And I appreciate the truthful statement. Delusional comments mess with my head, and I have no patience for them.

Even if Walter Sobchak deadlifts 600 at 263 body weight, so what? He has 80-lb on my deadlift, at 90-lb more body weight? So why trash me?

As for legs, in Strongman, we don't do full ATG squats. They are normally car squats, with an apparatus attached to the car that goes to about parallel, if not slightly above.

So I generally train above the parallel range, and I'm pretty strong in that range:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/Ca0rSOUg8EH/

My knee valgus is pretty bad when I go below parallel! If anyone has any suggestions on how to correct knee valgus, let me know.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #91 on: August 04, 2022, 06:46:27 PM »

He missed his shot in Hollywood or
Tv.   Very engaging on film and good personality.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #92 on: August 05, 2022, 12:33:02 AM »

Hey Matt...SHUT THE FUCK UP....your lack pf pride sickens me,sucking up to another man for approval like a lonely puppy who needs a pat on the head and a doggie treat......I fear for what little is left of your mental health and your ball licking and lack of pride is just vomit inducing...........fucki ng weird mothrerfacker.

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #93 on: August 05, 2022, 12:38:13 AM »
Yeah right, I feel legendary. I’ve finally made it.

A new GetBig legend getting a shout-out from an OG one!!  8)

You became a true legend after the "food poisoning post of peace", I almost pissed myself laughing while reading that.
(Though I know it wasnt funny what you went thru) just hilarious the way you described it.. LOL

JackTheRipper

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #94 on: August 05, 2022, 02:52:24 AM »
Hey Matt...SHUT THE FUCK UP....your lack pf pride sickens me,sucking up to another man for approval like a lonely puppy who needs a pat on the head and a doggie treat......I fear for what little is left of your mental health and your ball licking and lack of pride is just vomit inducing...........fucki ng weird mothrerfacker.
Silly old fool having a breakdown  :D

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #95 on: August 05, 2022, 02:59:49 AM »
don't forget that robcguns doesn't see himself as a bodybuilder. Just trains for fun and enjoyment. Yet, he dwarfs bhanks!

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #96 on: August 05, 2022, 03:14:36 AM »
Robert C. Guns is a top(nh)-tier getbigger.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #97 on: August 05, 2022, 04:00:52 AM »
Robert C. Guns is a top(nh)-tier getbigger.

Dont forget “Hulkatron” used to have 16inch arms but they are a little smaller now his words

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #98 on: August 05, 2022, 04:16:22 AM »
Dont forget “Hulkatron” used to have 16inch arms but they are a little smaller now his words

bhanks w the fucking kill shot from outta nowhere !!   :o

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #99 on: August 05, 2022, 04:58:43 AM »
Hey Bhanky, you look good.