Author Topic: Getbigger excused from jury duty!  (Read 1011 times)

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
Getbigger excused from jury duty!
« on: August 08, 2022, 06:38:01 PM »
One of the privileges of living in a democracy is you can get selected to serve on a jury. I avoided doing so in the past because I lived more than 50 km from the court. Then I got summoned to serve in a closer court. First time we were dismissed as not needed that day. Today I was summoned again and the trial could last 2 weeks. That would be inconvenient. There are several reasons to be excused such as being on holiday, sick, or other such things. Today I found another way to be excused...I said I refused to wear a mask in court. They accepted that excuse so I am a free man again.

Recently you couldn't go in a court if you weren't vaccinated but the staff there all wear masks. The staff at the Apple Store all wear masks. People really are sheep about some of the crap imposed on us. Everyone wore a mask lining up to get registered at the court. After checking your photo ID and scanning your juror number they issued you with a N95 mask. I enjoyed walking past the long line of potential jurors all wearing masks.

Dave D

• Getbig V
Re: Getbigger excused from jury duty!
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2022, 06:46:59 PM »
What a day!

On the same day Beef It Bertle is released from prison, Vince B is released from civic duty!!

What a day!

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2022, 06:52:41 PM »
It's nothing that I asked for....

I was in a tv store that a friend managed...Only him and me in it.

Some guys came in just before closing time...Pulled snub nosed detective specials and took me and Frank into the back and tied us up and held us at gun point...We could hear them back up a truck to the store and start loading.

This went on for about 30-40 minutes and then the store Phone rang...Every one ran...Me and Frank had to do a comedy dance to get to the phone...It was Frank's district manager wanting to know why the alarm hadn't been set.

Every time I get called in for a jury, the defense attorney asks, "Have you been a victim to a violent crime"?...

I have never been on a jury once (Criminal or Civil) since this happened.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2022, 08:14:18 PM »
I posted here because many Getbiggers are unvaccinated re the terrible disease paid for by US tax payers via the Wuhan lab.

That vaccine is still a provisional one granted emergency use. We have dopes in both governments and health departments making all sorts of ad hoc decisions that will be proven to be unnecessary and counter productive. They even grant permission to have babies jabbed by that dangerous chemical concoction.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2022, 08:23:40 PM »
Given a lot of Australian laws are very similar to the UK, just ignore the summons letter. Here if they can't prove you got it (sent by unregistered mail) they can't do anything about you ignoring it.

Also once you hit 75 here you don't need a reason to be excused. 

Read the fine print.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2022, 08:35:17 PM »
Given a lot of Australian laws are very similar to the UK, just ignore the summons letter. Here if they can't prove you got it (sent by unregistered mail) they can't do anything about you ignoring it.

Also once you hit 75 here you don't need a reason to be excused. 

Read the fine print.

I read the list of reasons for exemption here in Australia and age wasn't one of them.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2022, 08:41:34 PM »
One of the privileges of living in a democracy is you can get selected to serve on a jury. I avoided doing so in the past because I lived more than 50 km from the court. Then I got summoned to serve in a closer court. First time we were dismissed as not needed that day. Today I was summoned again and the trial could last 2 weeks. That would be inconvenient. There are several reasons to be excused such as being on holiday, sick, or other such things. Today I found another way to be excused...I said I refused to wear a mask in court. They accepted that excuse so I am a free man again.

Recently you couldn't go in a court if you weren't vaccinated but the staff there all wear masks. The staff at the Apple Store all wear masks. People really are sheep about some of the crap imposed on us. Everyone wore a mask lining up to get registered at the court. After checking your photo ID and scanning your juror number they issued you with a N95 mask. I enjoyed walking past the long line of potential jurors all wearing masks.

In Oregon you can be excused from jury duty if you are over 70 years of age.

How do non mask wearers circumvent situations where masks are required? In the U.S. masks are mandated in all healthcare settings including places like pharmacies, optometrists, audiologists, and dental offices (except while the dentist, their assistant or hygienist are working in your mouth). There are some situations which cannot always be avoided where masks are required.

Mask mandates can be at the federal, state, county, city, and proprietor level all of which have the legal authority to mandate and enforce wearing them. That is unless your name is Matt and you live in Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada. In that case you can refuse and be issued a no trespass order by police who Matt maintains do not have the legal authority to do this. Apparently, you can also threaten the police there with physical harm and get away with it should they attempt to arrest you. Oh well, some people hold that laws are meant to be broken. Those same people are who scream the loudest when they are arrested.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2022, 10:08:45 PM »
I read the list of reasons for exemption here in Australia and age wasn't one of them.

Did you tell them you were IFBB Mr Canada 1970?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2022, 10:14:27 PM »
You were probably excused from jury duty because the judge found out that you picked your own judges and did not want a dishonest juror.
X

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2022, 12:21:11 AM »
Ive never been called. I wont sit on any jury though.
I look FWD to the dialogue if I ever do get chosen. (Before being sent home for good of course)...

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2022, 02:43:34 AM »
Did you tell them you were IFBB Mr Canada 1970?

They would have heard I picked the judges so I would have had to serve on the jury! Also they didn't believe the story about Arnold and the babysitter!!

Phantom Spunker

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • Ze/Zir
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2022, 03:50:19 AM »
Lord, help me. I have been robbed of all vitality this morning; I fear I must escape for a lie down. First, The Scott’s snivelling recantation of his supposedly most deeply held conviction when faced with his own mortality, and now the Honourable Vince Basile’s uncharacteristic dereliction of duty - achieved by exploiting the merits of a polyarchy only to then abandon his fellow citizen on the Lady’s scales without Vince’s intellect and reason to act as a counterbalance. Vince, I shall leave you with the insightful words of John Rawls before retiring to my bedroom:

We cannot preserve a sense of justice and all that this implies while at the same time holding ourselves ready to act unjustly should doing so promise some personal advantage.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2022, 04:01:10 AM »
Excellent job sticking 2 fingers up at the system Vince.

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2022, 04:52:06 AM »
You were probably excused from jury duty because the judge found out that you picked your own judges and did not want a dishonest juror.

;D

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2022, 05:07:39 AM »
They would have heard I picked the judges so I would have had to serve on the jury! Also they didn't believe the story about Arnold and the babysitter!!

Brilliant! ;D
T

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2022, 12:35:14 PM »
Ive never been called. I wont sit on any jury though.
I look FWD to the dialogue if I ever do get chosen. (Before being sent home for good of course)...

Are you registered to vote? This is the most used list to be called up for jury duty from. Next are driver's license lists and tax rolls. I've been called several times and served several times. Being on a jury can be interesting. If you are unlucky, you will be called for a case where the trial goes on forever. For example, OJ's trial lasted 8 months.

Someone who doesn't vote, have a driver's license, or file their taxes is very unlikely to be called up for jury duty. However, they may need a sympatric jury should they ever be charged with driving without a license or tax evasion, and it went to trial. 

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2022, 02:04:09 PM »
In Oregon you can be excused from jury duty if you are over 70 years of age.

How do non mask wearers circumvent situations where masks are required? In the U.S. masks are mandated in all healthcare settings including places like pharmacies, optometrists, audiologists, and dental offices (except while the dentist, their assistant or hygienist are working in your mouth). There are some situations which cannot always be avoided where masks are required.

Mask mandates can be at the federal, state, county, city, and proprietor level all of which have the legal authority to mandate and enforce wearing them. That is unless your name is Matt and you live in Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada. In that case you can refuse and be issued a no trespass order by police who Matt maintains do not have the legal authority to do this. Apparently, you can also threaten the police there with physical harm and get away with it should they attempt to arrest you. Oh well, some people hold that laws are meant to be broken. Those same people are who scream the loudest when they are arrested.

Not in South Carolina. You must live in a Nazi state.

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2022, 02:15:36 PM »
They'd have to work their court timings around my 8 meals and twice a day gym visits.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2022, 02:11:39 AM »
Basile it is a bit sad really buddy. I think you would be a very fair jury member, similarly to how you always judge us fellow Getbiggers neutrally and fairly!  :D

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2022, 12:57:31 PM »

Not in South Carolina. You must live in a Nazi state.

Not really. I live in a state where most people respect and obey the law. There are always a few folks who will buck the law just for the sake of doing so.

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2022, 08:21:43 PM »
Excellent job sticking 2 fingers up at the system Vince.

Wrong Vince