Author Topic: does getbig pretty much agree that the "eat big to get big" principle is a joke?  (Read 17138 times)

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
actually, no its not.

more food doesnt equal better gains in terms of lean tissue accumulation.

who the fuck say it equals "better gains"????

you want to grow? eat more than you burn...

how many fucking kcals do you think it takes to MAINTAIN 260lbs???? you think you can eat like a fucking bird and look like a gorilla?

good luck.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
sounds like water and bf games by the sound of it with all due respect

with all due respect, you should know your place.

4thAD

• Getbig II
even on roids you shouldnt eat too much unless you want to be a fat girl?

just train hard, shoot roids and get a lot of protein in

?

look at tbombz and that will answer your question. A guy who shoots tons of drugs who never really grows cause #1 he doesn't eat right, and #2 he doesn't know how to train right.Shoot all the drugs you want, you will never ever look like a bb unless you eat , and eat right.

240_Iz_Nutz

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
no one has ever been an advanced weight without eating advanced cals, end of discussion....

It does depend on the person, but you must eat quite a bit.

If I had to cover for somebody at the front desk, I would just order pizzas and shit.

I did get big enough that going upstairs to fix tanning beds and shit would wind me at times.

If you aren't competing it is much cheaper and quicker to throw some junk in.

I don't ever really get fat though. Some people just blow up in a bad way.

Gonuclear

• Getbig III
  • It depends on what the meaning of "is" is.
Eat like bird look like a bird. You design your eating program to what fits.your.activity if you're knowledgeable enough.

Eat like a bird look like a bird.  You mean like a vulture?  You care for carrion caviar, Coach?

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
eat big to get fat

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
no one has ever been an advanced weight without eating advanced cals, end of discussion....
zack khan keeping a monster weight at 4500kcal he said

antoine about 4000kcal he said

so why would a 200lbs dude like me who wants to get big need 4000-5000kcal or even more as often recommended?

the whole story is a mess

Wolfox

• Getbig V
zack khan keeping a monster weight at 4500kcal he said

antoine about 4000kcal he said

so why would a 200lbs dude like me who wants to get big need 4000-5000kcal or even more as often recommended?

the whole story is a mess

Who here is saying you need 4000-5000kcal or more?

Simply eat above maintenance. I'd start off with 100-500kcals more per day depending on your metabolism. Monitor your weight gain and adjust to your liking or needs.
A

Henda

• Getbig V

Simply eat above maintenance. I'd start off with 100-500kcals more per day depending on your metabolism. Monitor your weight gain and adjust to your liking or needs.

exactly.
It really is that simple.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V

"eat big" implies a ton of calories even in the 6000 range

Wolfox

• Getbig V
"eat big" implies a ton of calories even in the 6000 range

Well you have to exercise a bit of common sense and try to grasp the reality in the rhetoric.
A

Wolfox

• Getbig V
"Get Big or Die Trying"

wait... bad example.  ;D
A

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
"Get Big or Die Trying"

wait...
become an oil abces or die trying

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
a 5'10" 300lbs 30 year old male at 10% body fat who works out 3 times a week has a maintainance calorie need of 4000 calories per day according to this online calorie calculator http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm.

So would that mean that if you ate 4000 calories per day, over time your body weight will slowly move toward 300lbs?

A 250lbs guy with same stats needs 3500 calories. 200 lbs needs 3000 calories.

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
I generally dont have a big appetite

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas

Exactly! Why does this logic rule needs to be discussed over and over again?
Successful bodybuilding  = applying common sense & discipline.

galeniko

• Getbig V
you do have to eat plenty.

but it has to be the proper stuff and just the right amount.

not as much mcdonalds buffet as fits in your fatso face.

the bad and useless calories only take up to much space and time for disgestion and then you cant fill up on the proper food anymore and then ppl wonder why the only thing they gain is fat,water,bloof,double chins and acne, accusing the ones with clean diet of mega dosing and whatnot.

some fool thought can eat what the fuck ever they feel like any given day ,all the time to grow muscle and be lean?carry on, it will never happen.

n

theEsquire

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
Mike Liberatore and Vince Taylor are two guys who say they don't (didn't) eat much in the offseason.  I think Vince said one real meal a day in fact.  I've always wanted to ask them about this.

bigmc

• Getbig V
a 5'10" 300lbs 30 year old male at 10% body fat who works out 3 times a week has a maintainance calorie need of 4000 calories per day according to this online calorie calculator http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm.

So would that mean that if you ate 4000 calories per day, over time your body weight will slowly move toward 300lbs?

A 250lbs guy with same stats needs 3500 calories. 200 lbs needs 3000 calories.

mine is 2745

i maintain at about 3000 so not a bad calculator
T

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
Mike Liberatore and Vince Taylor are two guys who say they don't (didn't) eat much in the offseason.  I think Vince said one real meal a day in fact.  I've always wanted to ask them about this.

Wasn't Vince a big believer in burgers, fries & a coke?

AlphaMaleDawg

• Getbig IV

?

It's true but there's a limit. Too much nonsense on other boards preaching overeating and people end up getting fat

Also, a HUGE factor people don't want to mention for some reason is the fact that people with high metabolisms that are induced with drugs like tren have to eat more to grow. Bigger people with higher metabolisms need to eat more than smaller people not on a drug like tren for instance.

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....

?

But you can't shoot 500mg a week and eat a ton of food expecting to keep growing muscle indefinitely. You're limited a lot more in your dose as long as you're eating sufficient amount of food, which will be different from one person to the next. That goes for gear too cause not everyone needs the same amounts but one thing for sure is that it takes time. An increase in food and gear gradually when you're no longer growing makes the most sense. It would be easier if more gear would automatically result in a bigger appetite but its not always the case. Its just something to always keep track of...am I taking enough gear and eating enough to grow?

"more questions than answers" -anabolichalo.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
But you can't shoot 500mg a week and eat a ton of food expecting to keep growing muscle indefinitely. You're limited a lot more in your dose as long as you're eating sufficient amount of food, which will be different from one person to the next. That goes for gear too cause not everyone needs the same amounts but one thing for sure is that it takes time. An increase in food and gear gradually when you're no longer growing makes the most sense. It would be easier if more gear would automatically result in a bigger appetite but its not always the case. Its just something to always keep track of...am I taking enough gear and eating enough to grow?

"more questions than answers" -anabolichalo.

;D

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
;D

He's quite the bbing philosopher, you gotta give him that  ;D

JasonH

• Getbig V
You do need to eat big to get big, but there comes a point of diminishing returns. I've eaten 5000 calories a day in the past but all it did was make me fat. And when you get fat it's a double-edged sword because with more fat deposits comes increased cortisol and estrogen production and thus a suppression of testosterone.

So what you need to do is eat just enough to be putting on about 2-3 lbs per month. I started this year in January weighing 210 lbs and this morning I was 229lbs. That's a gain of 19lbs in the space of 10 months, or nearly 2lbs a month. I'm bigger, leaner, and stronger as a result. Put it this way, at the beginning of the year I couldn't see my abs, now I can.

I'm eating 3,500 calories a day BTW.