Author Topic: Phil's Olympia Meal Prep  (Read 16214 times)

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
Re: Phil's Olympia Meal Prep
« Reply #75 on: August 09, 2014, 08:17:22 AM »
Who said it has to be either/or?

Good point, but I'm talking about bang for your bucks. In general, the supp world is shady business, things like protein, creatine & omegas excluded.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #76 on: August 09, 2014, 08:18:08 AM »
FORTRESS is a good poster and was in the business 1stn hand he gets my respect for that,but he goes way out of his way to emphasize what we know about the industry ,some good and bad,some worked some didn't,of course marketing plays 100pct in what the general public will buy into.the original met rx was 80.00 for the 2 tubs and they lasted a total of 14 days  :o,,mail ordered but they worked somewhat compared to some of the other stuff out there..

I remember those. Met-Rx Plus and Met-Rx Base, correct?

I remember when Met-Rx with HMB arrived in 1996 (Ronnie Coleman was with the company then, the year he really broke out as a pro bodybuilder). That mess was $75.

Met-Rx was always too lumpy to me; and, though it tasted fine, it was basically sludge if you didn't use at least a quart of water.

Of course, I found that one of the reasons so many pros were singing the praises of Met-Rx is that they were drinking it like Kool-Aid, 6-8 packs a day. Milos Sarcev went way overboard, claiming ot ingest a dozen of them (particularly during his contest prep).

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #77 on: August 09, 2014, 08:27:38 AM »
Good point, but I'm talking about bang for your bucks. In general, the supp world is shady business, things like protein, creatine & omegas excluded.

Indeed. That's why I wait for the price to drop before trying some of them, as I will with MuscleTech's latest set of goodies.

Some great-working (but AWFUL-TASTING) items that MuscleTech once had but have gone away are:

- GAKIC (powdered).....although it's now part of the newer Push 10 powder; it worked, but GOOD LORD!! It was VILE!!
- Anator P-70: Postworkout drink, with whey protein, over 7 grams of leucine, and simple carbs.
- Nitro-Tech (Cinnamon Chocolate Swirl and Orange Creme): Gave me a major headache and often made me sick. Even at $4 a jug, I had to say "No MAS!!"
- Cell-Tech (Orange): If they haven't discontinued it, THEY SHOULD. That kind was horrific; the rest were cool.

But a couple that they discontinued that were TERRIFIC:

Nitro-Tech RTDs (Grape and Fruit Punch): Those were the pure whey ones in the bottles, not the mixed protein in the cans that were just vanilla, chocolate, or strawberry.

Cell-Tech RTDs: They came up with some weird device in the can that kept the creatine and ALA dry, until you popped the top to disperse them into what was basically Kool-Aid (no Orange, just Friut Punch).

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #78 on: August 09, 2014, 08:29:42 AM »
Let me tell you about the good ole days. I remember being able to go to the local supplement shop and buy something like Pinnacle's andro poppers. Then I would go to the gym and load up the leg press and go to town. People would actually stop to look at the weight I was pushing.

The pro hormones of the late 90's/early 2,000's were legit. I think they actually accelerated my hair loss, and gave me sore nipples. Them bitches were steroids.  ;)

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #79 on: August 09, 2014, 08:33:34 AM »
Let me tell you about the good ole days. I remember being able to go to the local supplement shop and buy something like Pinnacle's andro poppers. Then I would go to the gym and load up the leg press and go to town. People would actually stop to look at the weight I was pushing.

The pro hormones of the late 90's/early 2,000's were legit. I think they actually accelerated my hair loss, and gave me sore nipples. Them bitches were steroids.  ;)

Shizzo, serious question.

Have you ever looked what getbig would consider "decent"

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #80 on: August 09, 2014, 08:33:41 AM »
I remember those. Met-Rx Plus and Met-Rx Base, correct?

I remember when Met-Rx with HMB arrived in 1996 (Ronnie Coleman was with the company then, the year he really broke out as a pro bodybuilder). That mess was $75.

Met-Rx was always too lumpy to me; and, though it tasted fine, it was basically sludge if you didn't use at least a quart of water.

Of course, I found that one of the reasons so many pros were singing the praises of Met-Rx is that they were drinking it like Kool-Aid, 6-8 packs a day. Milos Sarcev went way overboard, claiming ot ingest a dozen of them (particularly during his contest prep).

BY THEN 96 they were diluting there product for the masses,hmb version,pizza's,ect,,,Ronnie/milos were there big stars..i have to say dr Connelly was smart he had ads airing with himself on american muscle magazine,once he sold it to rexall they tamed the formula so to speak..

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #81 on: August 09, 2014, 08:36:13 AM »
BY THEN 96 they were diluting there product for the masses,hmb version,pizza's,ect,,,Ronnie/milos were there big stars..i have to say dr Connelly was smart he had ads airing with himself on american muscle magazine,once he sold it to rexall they tamed the formula so to speak..

Don't forget they had a certain jailbird on the payroll, as he just won his pro card.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #82 on: August 09, 2014, 08:37:12 AM »
Don't forget they had a certain jailbird on the payroll, as he just won his pro card.
oh yeah...he was skinned that yr...never looked good again ,bigger yes but his shape/stomach/chest was bad..

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #83 on: August 09, 2014, 08:38:51 AM »
Shizzo, serious question.

Have you ever looked what getbig would consider "decent"
I have been in good shape before. Nothing to be confused with an enhanced bodybuilder, or a shredded natural who lives like a monk.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #84 on: August 09, 2014, 08:39:35 AM »
I have been in good shape before. Nothing to be confused with an enhanced bodybuilder, or a shredded natural who lives like a monk.
:D..lets get going again bro..

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #85 on: August 09, 2014, 08:39:40 AM »
oh yeah...he was skinned that yr...never looked good again ,bigger yes but his shape/stomach/chest was bad..

He claimed that if he didn't turn pro that year, he was going to hang it up (after his upset loss and subsequent temper tantrum the previous year).

Two other up-and-comers were coverboy Frank Sepe and TU champion, Chris Faildo.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #86 on: August 09, 2014, 08:40:31 AM »

I never took the pro hormone route myself, but I guess it's safe to say about their potential: "it's a fine line, if there is any". Pretty sad that many people harmed their health because they had the illusion that they were more safe than the real deal  :-\

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #87 on: August 09, 2014, 08:43:08 AM »
He claimed that if he didn't turn pro that year, he was going to hang it up (after his upset loss and subsequent temper tantrum the previous year).

Two other up-and-comers were coverboy Frank Sepe and TU champion, Chris Faildo.
yeah they were good ,,labrada and jeff everson were original shill's...labrada was prime lee then in terms of size/shape at that point,his cousin stony lee grimes were singing the praises too..

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: August 09, 2014, 08:45:39 AM »
I remember being able to go to the local supplement shop and buy something like Pinnacle's andro poppers. Then I would go to the gym and load up the leg press and go to town. People would actually stop to look at the weight I was pushing.

During the days of Pinnacle's Andro Poppers, I was employed by its owner, Mel Rich (dude's now dead). He financed a website for which I served as managing editor. I'd get Pinnacle supps for free by the truckload. For me, those Poppers did jack-all. I'd "pop" 'em at will and feel ZERO and derive ZERO benefit, from a physique or strength/performance standpoint.

Same with all that original MuscleTech crap.

Don't know what you guys are on about concerning this stuff.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #89 on: August 09, 2014, 08:46:13 AM »
yeah they were good ,,labrada and jeff everson were original shill's...labrada was prime lee then in terms of size/shape at that point,his cousin stony lee grimes were singing the praises too..

Met-Rx also had the first Masters O, Robby Robinson and (at the risk of being flamed) Skip LaCour.

Oh, and how can I forget (before he lost his head and his Corvette and got thrown in the slammer) the late Paul "Quadzilla" Demayo

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #90 on: August 09, 2014, 08:47:29 AM »
During the days of Pinnacle's Andro Poppers, I was employed by its owner, Mel Rich (dude's now dead). He financed a website for which I served as managing editor. I'd get Pinnacle supps for free by the truckload. For me, those Poppers did jack-all. I'd "pop" 'em at will and feel ZERO and derive ZERO benefit, from a physique or strength/performance standpoint.

Same with all that original MuscleTech crap.

Don't know what you guys are on about concerning this stuff.
well u being tru natural?was there anything u used you could say ok kinda doing something..

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: August 09, 2014, 08:57:36 AM »
Well, you being a true natural, was there anything you used that you could say, OK, kinda doing something ... ?

You know what? I get a TINY bit of water retention from creatine, but it isn't worth the "cre-splats" I suffer for what essentially is a negligable bloat leverage while lifting.

Besides a multivitamin and perhaps an occassional protein/weight gain shake to (supplement) a missed meal (or to ingest easy additional calories), I can't say any of the supps I have used (and I have used gross amounts throughout the years, both bought and given) have done much of anything for me, in any way.

Let me correct this. I have used glucosamine, chondroitin and MSM (the cocktail of them all, so I can't say much about each, individually) with quite good results when trying to "tame" inflammation and general wear-and-tear injuries (though minor they might have been).

Just my two cents.

A stiff, black coffee before a lifting session is my best "supplement". Oh, and metal music.  

P.S. And you're correct. I haven't had drugs to cloud my judgement.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #92 on: August 09, 2014, 09:05:23 AM »
You know what? I get a TINY bit of water retention from creatine, but it isn't worth the "cre-splats" I suffer for what essentially is a negligable bloat leverage while lifting.

Besides a multivitamin and perhaps an occassional protein/weight gain shake to (supplement) a missed meal (or to ingest easy additional calories), I can't say any of the supps I have used (and I have used gross amounts throughout the years, both bought and given) have done much of anything for me, in any way.

Let me correct this. I have used glucosamine, chondroitin and MSM (the cocktail of them all, so I can't say much about each, individually) with quite good results when trying to "tame" inflammation and general wear-and-tear injuries (though minor they might have been).

Just my two cents.

A stiff, black coffee before a lifting session is my best "supplement" Oh, and metal music.  

YUCK!! I hate coffee. And, I can do without the Satan-worshipping metal stuff. Even worse than that is the "classic" rock.

Give me techno, house, and freestyle music (particularly from the late 80s and early/mid-90s) and I'm golden. One of my best workouts in my younger days when the gym was promoting their new step-aerobics class. but, they actually hired a live DJ to do the music, thus cutting off the PA system indoors.

It was an iron-pumping session for the ages for me. You know you'll barely be able to walk the next day; but you keep hangin' and bangin', becuase it's just too much fun. Throw in the occasional peek at the spandex-clad cuties and you couldn't go wrong.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: August 09, 2014, 09:18:59 AM »
YUCK!! I hate coffee. And, I can do without the Satan-worshipping metal stuff. Even worse than that is the "classic" rock. Give me techno, house, and freestyle music (particularly from the late 80s and early/mid-90s) and I'm golden. One of my best workouts in my younger days when the gym was promoting their new step-aerobics class. but, they actually hired a live DJ to do the music.

Yeah, black coffee tastes disgusting. And this is another reason it works its magic with me. It's a unique taste that I have come to equate with lifting, so when I swill the Joe, I know I am ... ready to go (?). Look at me, all poetic and shit. Anyway, yeah ... The hard taste sets me up for the hard session. Just like my hard music choices.

By the way, not all metal is satan-worshipping. Actually, outside of a specific type of black metal, little of it is. Not that I am opposed to music that denies belief in a god and/or actively lyrically assaults religion, mind you. I love this kind, often, if it's a terrific band with badass musicianship/technicality.

I like my music like I train: with deadly precision and intensity.

You and I do not run on the same fuel, it would seem.  (P.S. If any gym in which I lifted had some DJ plying his trade, I'd no longer visit the establishment. Gotta keep the estrogen at bay.)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #94 on: August 09, 2014, 09:28:05 AM »
Yeah, black coffee tastes disgusting. And this is another reason it works its magic with me. It's a unique taste that I have come to equate with lifting, so when I swill the Joe, I know I am ... ready to go (?). Look at me, all poetic and shit. Anyway, yeah ... The hard taste sets me up for the hard session. Just like my hard music choices.

By the way, not all metal is satan-worshipping. Actually, outside of a specific type of black metal, little of it is. Not that I am opposed to music that denies belief in a god and/or actively lyrically assaults religion, mind you. I love this kind, often, if it's a terrific band with badass musicianship/technicality.

I know. I'm just ribbing you, as I do with Soul Crusher and his metal fetish.  ;D

I like my music like I train: with deadly precision and intensity.

You and I do not run on the same fuel, it would seem.  (P.S. If any gym in which I lifted had some DJ plying his trade, I'd no longer visit the establishment. Gotta keep the estrogen at bay.)

That was a one-time deal. But, he was playing the tunes I loved and, since it was THREE TIMES louder than what would normally be coming from the regular speaker system, needless to say that I was hyped.

Besides, the "estrogen" was at bay. The ladies were, for the most part, in the glass aerobic room. But with the parallel bars right in front of the aerobics class, one can't help but take a peak at the bouncing behinds......after a set of weighted dips, of course.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: August 09, 2014, 09:48:31 AM »
Cool

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #96 on: August 09, 2014, 09:50:54 AM »

Just my two cents.

A stiff, black coffee before a lifting session is my best "supplement". Oh, and metal music.  

P.S. And you're correct. I haven't had drugs to cloud my judgement.
LIKE I said you get my attention and respect from this 'point of view re: sup industry'and its agenda's esp u were in there during peak decade of great bbing and I like your stories..