Author Topic: Tina Brown: Al Gore May Run  (Read 620 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Tina Brown: Al Gore May Run
« on: July 07, 2007, 12:39:15 PM »
This is funny.  He will wait until a perceived weak candidate is the frontrunner before jumping into the race. 

Friday, July 6, 2007 9:12 p.m. EDT
Tina Brown: Al Gore May Run

Editor and author Tina Brown believes Al Gore will run for president in 2008 -- but only if Sen. Barack Obama becomes the front-runner for the Democratic nomination.

"I think he will think he can win against the unseasoned Obama,” she told the Financial Times. But if Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton maintains her position at the head of the Democratic pack, Brown believes Gore will stay on the sidelines. "I don’t think he would want to take on that whole Clintonian baggage. It’s just bad karma. I think he would find it very distasteful.”

Brown, who has a new book, "The Diana Chronicles" out now, says she's "a Gore supporter.” But a 2008 candidacy for the former vice president is a risky move, she says. "He has so much to lose by doing it. Losing in 2000 was a bitter, bitter blow. But he has built himself up from nothing again. If he goes in for it and loses, he will be demolished all over again.”

Brown also told the Times:

Gore is better qualified than Clinton to be president.

Clinton would make a good president, especially in a crisis. "If we were attacked, Hillary would be superb.”

Clinton is "viscerally disliked” by a large number of voters. "In a sense, you could argue that she is the only Democrat that can’t win.”

Republican candidate Mitt Romney is "Max Headroom.”

Rudy Giuliani has a "wolverine grin.”

Sen. John McCain is "my great hero,” but his embrace of President Bush and the Iraq war is "going to bury him.”

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2007/7/6/212045.shtml?s=ic