Author Topic: North Carolina -Relocation ( Serious Question)  (Read 11019 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: North Carolina -Relocation ( Serious Question)
« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2012, 11:16:52 AM »
Wow I'm also moving to Raleigh, or Charlotte by winter. I was just down there last week looking at houses. Holy shit! You can buy a perfect house for 100k in either city that would cost 300k in NY. Plus it seems the taxes are a quarter of the price as well. We started looking at houses in my price range and I was like wait, I dont need a 4 or 5 bedroom lol. I'm leaning towards Charlotte because its close to the mountains that I would use a lot of, and I can still get to the beach. However I hear bad things about the airport there and since I fly for a living thats a major factor.

Anyone know if the Raleigh airport is better then Charlotte?
The more of you dumbasses that migrate here, the more the prices are going to go up.  I say stay away.  Seriously.  You carpetbaggers fucking ruin everything.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2012, 11:21:18 AM »
If you're living in the city it doesn't really matter, can't tell the difference living in ATL to Charlotte to San Diego anyhow.

the rest of NC is amazing, mountains full of heritage, best beaches with lighthouses n shit, best tobacco in the world.  the schoolin's fine, they'll learn your kids real right. NASCAR, ric flair, Dale Earnhardt, vince goodrum, Dale Earnhardt Jr., Popcorn Sutton, Cataloochee, Ralph Earnhardt, True Adonis, Cold Mountain, Assville, Nobody, Showstoppa, Outer Banks,

LOL @ the inclusion of getbiggers in your list.

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #52 on: May 27, 2012, 11:24:22 AM »
I am thinking about moving to North Carolina at possibly next year. Company has offices in both Charlotte and Raleigh ( RTP). I will probably go visit both places at some point but which area is actually better for a fella in his mid 30s. Which has more nightlife ( shit to do) culture etc and is safer ( if i wanna raise a family)...i get mixed reviews when i do research

Please consult Spike for appropriate demographics

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2012, 01:37:47 PM »
Forgot to mention being irked by the fact that there is church on (seemingly) every corner.  It must be some sort of tax scam or something.
Well, it's the South, what did you expect, loudmouth Northerners who think they know everything, yet are the most unhappiest?

It's not that things are boring, the pace of life is slower---it allows you time to enjoy the things that matter, like family, friends, the environment.
Many times people used to a fast pace of life don't realize, that you are going nowhere fast. Take time to enjoy the little things in life...You ain't Russian, so why you rushin'?

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2012, 01:48:51 PM »
The more of you dumbasses that migrate here, the more the prices are going to go up.  I say stay away.  Seriously.  You carpetbaggers fucking ruin everything.

Its for work so I only have a choice between a few locations. I'll love it down there as soon as I can understand what the fuck you hicks are saying. Maybe your worried because us Yankees steal your woman, due to us having all of our teeth and bathing.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #55 on: May 27, 2012, 01:50:46 PM »
Its for work so I only have a choice between a few locations. I'll love it down there as soon as I can understand what the fuck you hicks are saying. Maybe your worried because us Yankees steal your woman, due to us having all of our teeth and bathing.
If you have ever noticed, the newscasters and reporters in the South, do not have Southern accents...

doriancutlerman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: May 27, 2012, 02:30:03 PM »

I couldn't agree more.  Yankees flooding in here from Ohio, New York et al. aren't doing the state a LICK of a favor.  I tell them, "Why don't you stay where you come from and fix your home state instead of coming down here and bitching about how we do things?"

Oh, and Kh300:  think twice before you assume the Carolinas are full of a bunch of "hicks" or that we're hard to understand.  Even the NASCAR-type plebs are easier to follow than some nasally-assed northern Wisconsonian or Boston prick who needs to gwoah paaaaaaaahk daaaah caaaaah :D

I'm also soooo not worried about a Yankee stealing our women.  We have dentists and showers here, peckerhead :)  Given the choice between an educated Southern gentleman with some cash in his wallet and a rich, loud-mouthed Yankee, GRITS will remain faithful to their roots. 

But don't worry.  You can go home and jerk off to Frances McDormand in your worn out "Fargo" tape anytime :D

doriancutlerman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: May 27, 2012, 02:33:03 PM »
If you have ever noticed, the newscasters and reporters in the South, do not have Southern accents...

Just as newscasters and talking heads around the rest of the nation have no real accents.  They're trained to speak "broadcast English."

No knock on you, of course, Parker.  Just sayin'.

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: May 27, 2012, 02:49:15 PM »
I couldn't agree more.  Yankees flooding in here from Ohio, New York et al. aren't doing the state a LICK of a favor.  I tell them, "Why don't you stay where you come from and fix your home state instead of coming down here and bitching about how we do things?"

Oh, and Kh300:  think twice before you assume the Carolinas are full of a bunch of "hicks" or that we're hard to understand.  Even the NASCAR-type plebs are easier to follow than some nasally-assed northern Wisconsonian or Boston prick who needs to gwoah paaaaaaaahk daaaah caaaaah :D

I'm also soooo not worried about a Yankee stealing our women.  We have dentists and showers here, peckerhead :)  Given the choice between an educated Southern gentleman with some cash in his wallet and a rich, loud-mouthed Yankee, GRITS will remain faithful to their roots.  

But don't worry.  You can go home and jerk off to Frances McDormand in your worn out "Fargo" tape anytime :D

I'm only kidding dude. But a lot of people couldn't speak 'a lick' of english. The real estate agent I could understand and the lawyer. Both from NC. But the rental car guy and some people on the streets, I literally couldn't understand. Trust me I'd rather be around hicks then the monkeys up here. I couldn't believe how nice people were and seeing motorcycles parked outside. Different world it will be.

doriancutlerman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: May 27, 2012, 02:52:41 PM »
My mistake, Kh300 ;) 

Welcome.  The state isn't perfect, but it does have its charms.  Personally, I'm just pissed that my families all settled near Charlotte.  It's too hot and humid around here.  The mountains would be infinitely better, especially when I'm on tren :D

hrspwr

• Getbig IV
« Reply #60 on: May 27, 2012, 03:05:20 PM »
Lots of purple folks in Norf Cackalacky. I would take Charlotte over the libs in Raleigh.
time under tension

doriancutlerman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #61 on: May 27, 2012, 03:13:44 PM »
Lots of purple folks in Norf Cackalacky. I would take Charlotte over the libs in Raleigh.

Word!

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #62 on: May 27, 2012, 03:17:09 PM »
Just as newscasters and talking heads around the rest of the nation have no real accents.  They're trained to speak "broadcast English."

No knock on you, of course, Parker.  Just sayin'.

As everyone in the country should be taught in school...regional dialects are speech impediments

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #63 on: May 29, 2012, 06:51:38 PM »
I should drop loads in this environment
This ^. spot on

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: May 29, 2012, 07:12:56 PM »
Best state in the USA.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #65 on: May 29, 2012, 07:15:01 PM »

Now now Adonis.....let the Yankee's come past the Mason-Dixon and live here.  We can always train them in the ways of Southern Hospitality.
A

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
« Reply #66 on: May 29, 2012, 07:23:10 PM »
popular state

Nirvana

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: May 29, 2012, 07:34:42 PM »

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #68 on: May 29, 2012, 07:38:42 PM »

Anyone know if the Raleigh airport is better then Charlotte?

RDU is one of the easiest airports ever.
:

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #69 on: May 29, 2012, 07:40:29 PM »

TRUTH.  I went through there for the NHL all star game last year.   Gorgeous airport. 

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #70 on: May 29, 2012, 08:16:12 PM »
Nirvana, is that the mill in Canton?

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: June 07, 2012, 08:15:17 AM »
x2.

Tee_rex65

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #72 on: June 07, 2012, 08:39:10 AM »
I am thinking about moving to North Carolina at possibly next year. Company has offices in both Charlotte and Raleigh ( RTP). I will probably go visit both places at some point but which area is actually better for a fella in his mid 30s. Which has more nightlife ( shit to do) culture etc and is safer ( if i wanna raise a family)...i get mixed reviews when i do research

I visited my best friend in Charlotte about 6 months ago. His job had moved him there and he lived in this area called "The Metropolitan". It was a very trendy and cool place to live with literally a few cools spots to hangout at directly across the street. Some of the places I remember were "Pisces, La Paz, Hickory Tavern" etc. Also either connected to his building or just one block over were grocery stores, cleaners etc..so he didn't need a car. If you're moving out to Charlotte it's worth looking into.

http://metmidtown.com/metropolitan-metterraces.htm

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #73 on: June 07, 2012, 01:40:39 PM »

That state sucks...you're fucked.  :-X
!

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #74 on: June 07, 2012, 01:44:21 PM »
That state sucks...you're fucked.  :-X

Sorry we just voted the amendment in place so that you don't feel welcome here.  Perhaps Vermont is more to your liking?