Author Topic: The Mature thread  (Read 232555 times)

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
Re: The Mature thread
« Reply #100 on: November 22, 2012, 04:28:18 AM »
never miss a good opportunity to make and EAT pie...
i am getting hungry reading this... ;D well i love steak pie. Today is a quite day for me ..i have some paper work to do that i keep puting off..

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #101 on: November 22, 2012, 11:27:43 AM »
never miss a good opportunity to make and EAT pie...

Unfortunately, the pie was awful. It was a Paula Dean recipe. Not surprisingly, it is way too sweet tasting. I am going to go buy a pumpkin pie today. What is really bad is that we doubled the recipe and gave one pie away to some friends who live up the street. Who knows, they might like it.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #102 on: November 23, 2012, 01:48:44 AM »
so today is shoulders and arms... I might replace BB press with seated DB press... Pinch grips for grip strength....shame i do not have Wooo´s Ab wheel i am game to try that. I have a DB rod at home old style with a revolving collar you can remove and i suppose i could centrally load it with a 5 kg plate... ;)

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #103 on: November 23, 2012, 09:44:10 AM »
so trained and just got back from a run...rained a bit but was not cold.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #104 on: November 25, 2012, 04:29:41 AM »
Today i will do a bit of Ab training and have a relaxing Day. I will use my Incline Bench which i have not used for a while...

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #105 on: November 25, 2012, 04:35:50 AM »
with a few hanging leg raises....

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #106 on: November 25, 2012, 04:40:31 AM »
 ;D

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #107 on: November 25, 2012, 04:53:37 AM »
also like hanging knee raises from my chinning bar...

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #108 on: November 26, 2012, 03:19:36 AM »
I worked legs yesterday.
leg press 2x12
squats 2x9 then 1 x 1
hacks 1 x 10
leg extensions 2 x 20
seated leg curls 2 x 15
standing leg curls 2 x 10

side bends with one dumbbell 1 x 15
hanging leg raise 2 x max
hip ups 2 x 20 (on back legs up raising hips. Good lower ab contractions)
Pulley crunches 2 x 25

leg press calf 2 x 25
standing calf 2 x 15

neck work
I felt close to death after I finished. Had a tough time walking up the stairs from my basement gym. Looked at my gym mirror at the grey haired old guy looking back and felt I can't slack off cause of age. Hard to look at my old work out journals of my youth and see what I used to do. Tomorrow a two mile run on my off day.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #109 on: November 26, 2012, 03:27:00 AM »
solid workout...keep at it. what split are you doing at the moment?

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #110 on: November 26, 2012, 05:54:49 AM »
so today i just did....    

Parallel Bar Dips 4x max
Push ups 4x max
Flat bench flyes

Close grip chins 3x max
Barbell Rows 4x10
One arm Dumbbell Rows 3x10
Dumbbell Shrugs 3x12

On the push ups i used books on my hands and i wore a weight belt today and felt much better on the BB rows... i have not wore a belt in a long time.. so i will now go for a long fast walk. Tomorrow i will run.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #111 on: November 26, 2012, 07:31:09 AM »
NICE WORKOUTS FROM BOTH OF U,,,,,

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #112 on: November 26, 2012, 07:57:56 AM »
NICE WORKOUTS FROM BOTH OF U,,,,,
Thanks Bro.... ;D

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #113 on: November 26, 2012, 09:26:29 AM »
solid workout...keep at it. what split are you doing at the moment?
I change like the wind. The best success I have ever had was with this split. Day one: Chest and arms. Day Two: Legs. Day three: Off or cardio. Day four: Back and delts. Day five: Off or cardio. Repeat cycle. So the entire body gets hit in a five day cycle. If I miss a day and it turns into a six day cycle no problem. I probably needed the rest anyway.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #114 on: November 27, 2012, 03:31:11 AM »
After doing close grip chins (parallel grip) and lifting high as possible my Teres minor and major area are sore today..

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #115 on: November 27, 2012, 05:48:26 AM »
After doing close grip chins (parallel grip) and lifting high as possible my Teres minor and major area are sore today..
I DO CHINS BEGINNING EVERY WORKOUT FOR BACK,,,12/15 REPS 3 SETS TO GET COOKING ALL GRIPS

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #116 on: November 27, 2012, 09:23:03 AM »
I DO CHINS BEGINNING EVERY WORKOUT FOR BACK,,,12/15 REPS 3 SETS TO GET COOKING ALL GRIPS
yes hitting every grip will give your back a great workout.. as JPM said before a muscle cannot be isolated but i believe you can throw more stress to an area with a change in grip or even just a bodymovement. Look at the chins we are now seeing in fitness. Kipping.. a wider variation of cheating?? Chins now being used in Parks in "Ghetto Workouts" moving the body left to right in chins. The list goes on.. i think you have to keep an open mind and always improve your "game".. in sport it is so so why not muscle building?

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #117 on: November 27, 2012, 05:09:13 PM »
I use the usual pronate and suplinate grip in chins. I recently got d ring handles that attach to the chin bar. It really gives a different feel to pull ups in that your hand can revolve in any way it naturally wants to go. I find it makes the pull up harder in that it takes away some stability but it adds another variation to pull ups.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #118 on: November 28, 2012, 03:30:35 AM »
I use the usual pronate and suplinate grip in chins. I recently got d ring handles that attach to the chin bar. It really gives a different feel to pull ups in that your hand can revolve in any way it naturally wants to go. I find it makes the pull up harder in that it takes away some stability but it adds another variation to pull ups.
Good post... yes it´s the small things that can really make a difference and your workout can be much more exciting and challenging. I will train shoulders + arms today instead of legs because i will now train day on day off and the extra rest between shoulders+ arms and Chest/back i need. Training shoulder+arms Friday and then chest/back sunday would be too much.I think it´s about time i used my preacher bench too just to throw a new move in there... ;)

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #119 on: November 28, 2012, 03:34:00 AM »
Primemuscle.....we have not forgot you my friend... :)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: November 28, 2012, 01:43:03 PM »
Primemuscle.....we have not forgot you my friend... :)

Thanks.

Clearly I don't have the dedication needed right now to commit to working out with the intensity you do. Shamefully, I have made more promises to myself to get to the gym then I have kept over the past two weeks. -no excuses!

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #121 on: November 28, 2012, 02:00:57 PM »
I am lucky because i have What i need at home . So no traveling and its easy for me to fit it in

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: November 28, 2012, 05:37:01 PM »
I am waiting until I become mature enough, before I can post in here.   ;D

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: November 28, 2012, 06:10:27 PM »
I am waiting until I become mature enough, before I can post in here.   ;D

Are you speaking of emotional maturity or chronological maturity? Emotional maturity eludes many folk indefinitely. As for chronological maturity....one can always suggest you are as old as you feel.

If you are still working out with the same intensity that you did when you were in your teens and twenties, this might not be the thread for you. However, if you feel like you reached a level in your development where you find it beneficial to modify your workout and diet routine, then feel free to share those experiences.

I don't think posting here will result in you being perceived as being any more mature than you probably are.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: November 28, 2012, 06:25:34 PM »
Are you speaking of emotional maturity or chronological maturity? Emotional maturity eludes many folk indefinitely. As for chronological maturity....one can always suggest you are as old as you feel.

If you are still working out with the same intensity that you did when you were in your teens and twenties, this might not be the thread for you. However, if you feel like you reached a level in your development where you find it beneficial to modify your workout and diet routine, then feel free to share those experiences.

I don't think posting here will result in you being perceived as being any more mature than you probably are.
It was a joke PM.