Author Topic: What does the Obama or McCain tax plan mean to anyone who makes $500,000+/yr?  (Read 2317 times)

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
Who can decipher this?
w

Chico_Holiday

• Getbig II
I don't know, but they better speak on it very soon, or risk losing most of the Getbig vote!!!   ::)

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
I don't know, but they better speak on it very soon, or risk losing most of the Getbig vote!!!   ::)

lol

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
obama will fvck you.
Mccain will let you slide.

you live in Cali, so your state is going to Obama anyway.

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
Is this chart supposedly correct?

R

240 is Back

• Getbig V

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
That is an awfully lot if you make more than 2.9 million... DRASTIC change... I mean... you're talking about another what? 35% of your salary?

Holy shit.

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
Thanks Rob!  So those are supposedly correct then?
R

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way

shouldnt the lower income get the biggest break

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
That is an awfully lot if you make more than 2.9 million... DRASTIC change... I mean... you're talking about another what? 35% of your salary?

Holy shit.
No doubt.  And how about people that make 5 million or 20 million or more?  Seems pretty unfair.
R

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Re: What does the Obama or McCain tax plan mean to anyone who makes $500,000+/yr?
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2008, 02:51:32 PM »

Holy shit.

Yep.  Those are the folks really affected my Mccain's cuts, and doing everything possible to convince all of use at 200k or below that we're screwed too.

The more you look at this chart, the more is makes sense.  Of course Rush is against Obama... he'll cost him millions off his $40 mil annual salary.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
Re: What does the Obama or McCain tax plan mean to anyone who makes $500,000+/yr?
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2008, 02:52:20 PM »

haha

Some of us make over 2.9 Mil and still choose to live in our parents basement.  Livin da dream baby!
S

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2008, 02:56:40 PM »
Yep.  Those are the folks really affected my Mccain's cuts, and doing everything possible to convince all of use at 200k or below that we're screwed too.

The more you look at this chart, the more is makes sense.  Of course Rush is against Obama... he'll cost him millions off his $40 mil annual salary.

Seems unfair don't you think?

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2008, 02:59:02 PM »
Ron Paul was the man when it came to taxes.
S

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2008, 03:02:12 PM »

and obama doing all he can to say that he will help much more than mccain when in reality it will be at most a couple hundred bucks and that doesnt take into account how a raise in capital gains tax will effect individuals.

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
Re: What does the Obama or McCain tax plan mean to anyone who makes $500,000+/yr
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2008, 03:04:26 PM »
shouldnt the lower income get the biggest break

No. They hardly pay any taxes.

As things currently stand the top 50 percent of income earners carry 97 percent of the tax burden.

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2008, 03:07:33 PM »
Seems unfair don't you think?
Extremely.

Ron Paul was the man when it came to taxes.
Do you have any chart that would show his proposed plan?
R

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
Re: What does the Obama or McCain tax plan mean to anyone who makes $500,000+/yr
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2008, 03:08:42 PM »
Extremely.

Do you have any chart that would show his proposed plan?

You don't need a chart.

He wants to abolish the income tax and replace it with a consumption tax.

http://www.fairtax.org

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2008, 03:11:09 PM »
You don't need a chart.

He wants to abolish the income tax and replace it with a consumption tax.

http://www.fairtax.org
Thank you for the link!
R

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2008, 03:12:40 PM »
absolutely unfair to tax those who make more.

then again, most CEOs pay less in taxes than their secreateies.

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2008, 03:15:46 PM »

then again, most CEOs pay less in taxes than their secreateies.

???
Is this another Political Board inside joke.....I'm not inside :(
R

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2008, 03:19:24 PM »
Thanks for the heads up Stella. So Rob, if I'm reading this right, there is no tax increase for $226-603k under Obama but a decrease under McCain?
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2008, 03:22:41 PM »
Thanks for the heads up Stella. So Rob, if I'm reading this right, there is no tax increase for $226-603k under Obama but a decrease under McCain?

Correct.  But, obama is going to flirt with cap gains taxes and a few other things, so Mccain is probably your man, if only marginally.   Then again, one could argue Obama will stop the war borrowing, which will restore the dollars' strength (it's down 41% against Euro since bush took office).

If every dollar you own is suddenly worth 41% more in world value, then you may love Obama.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2008, 03:30:04 PM »

Holy shit.

They prolly pay piss all in tax if they make that much, they're brilliant to get to that level.

The tax haven Carib is 20 - 60 mins flight away to east coast USA. They base their businesses in the islands [on paper only] then semi-commute to the USA.

Check where many rich pols are tax domiciled - Bloomberg caught heat in the NY election for it, Perot, even good old Fox News down here as well. About 75% of Fortune 500s use the Carib to evade taxes legally, and numerous ppl. Check google. I could tell stories for days about what I see with my own eyes, but no one will believe me most likely.

Is why the irony strikes me at the wealthy repubs preaching patriotism, as they jet off like fiends to avoid tax and have for decades.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2008, 03:37:45 PM »
Correct.  But, obama is going to flirt with cap gains taxes and a few other things, so Mccain is probably your man, if only marginally.   Then again, one could argue Obama will stop the war borrowing, which will restore the dollars' strength (it's down 41% against Euro since bush took office).

If every dollar you own is suddenly worth 41% more in world value, then you may love Obama.

Also a valid point... If the US dollar almost doubles, your net worth could be seen as basically twice what it was.