Author Topic: Red Riding Hood - The Movie!  (Read 1761 times)

JasonH

• Getbig V
Red Riding Hood - The Movie!
« on: December 19, 2010, 02:43:47 PM »
WTF? They're making our children's fairytales into action-horror films now!

newmom

Re: Red Riding Hood - The Movie!
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2010, 02:59:38 PM »
next thing you know they are making something out of the three little pigs. Just doesn't look good judging by the trailor. Then again I never seen the twilight films. I guarantee, this film will gross a hell of alot of money

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2010, 07:54:38 AM »
I wouldn't give a rats ass if they made the story into a gore style horror flick and I'd probably like it but this just looks like more twilight type garbage to me.  The people who made twilight should be burned alive... pure bubblegum teen crap garbage.  I fucking hate harry potter too.  stupid waste of time...

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2010, 09:03:00 AM »
I wouldn't give a rats ass if they made the story into a gore style horror flick and I'd probably like it but this just looks like more twilight type garbage to me.  The people who made twilight should be burned alive... pure bubblegum teen crap garbage.  I fucking hate harry potter too.  stupid waste of time...

Made those women authors very rich though!  

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2010, 09:08:08 AM »

Actually, it's the other way around.  Old horror stories over time became children fairy tales:

Little Red Riding Hood - Earliest versions

The origins of the Little Red Riding Hood story can be traced to oral versions from various European countries and more than likely preceding the 17th century, of which several exist, some significantly different from the currently-known, Grimms-inspired version. It was told by French peasants in the 14th century as well as in Italy, where a number of versions exist, including La finta nonna (The False Grandmother).[3] It has also been called as "The Story of Grandmother". It is also possible that this early tale has roots in very similar Oriental tales (e.g. "Grandaunt Tiger").[4]

These early variations of the tale differ from the currently known version in several ways. The antagonist is not always a wolf, but sometimes an ogre or a ‘bzou’ (werewolf), making these tales relevant to the werewolf-trials (similar to witch trials) of the time (e.g. the trial of Peter Stumpp).[5] The wolf usually leaves the grandmother’s blood and meat for the girl to eat, who then unwittingly cannibalises her own grandmother. Furthermore, the wolf was also known to ask her to remove her clothing and toss it into the fire.[6] In some versions, the wolf eats the girl after she gets into bed with him, and the story ends there.[7] In others, she sees through his disguise and tries to escape, complaining to her "grandmother" that she needs to defecate and would not wish to do so in the bed. The wolf reluctantly lets her go, tied to a piece of string so she does not get away. However, the girl slips the string over something else and runs off.

In these stories she escapes with no help from any male or older female figure, instead using her own cunning. Sometimes, though more rarely, the red hood is even non-existent.[7]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Riding_Hood#Earliest_versions

newmom

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2010, 10:27:52 AM »
I'll give my review of tangled friday night, this outta be fun ;D

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2010, 11:12:44 PM »

I guess you never saw The Brothers Grimm

Little Red Ridinghood is actually a cautionary tale about  being a little girl who acts too big for her britches...'don't go out alone'!
Like all fairy tales, there is premise to each one...furthermore you need to take a look at the award winning comicbook Fairy Tales, it gets deep into Fairyville...

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2010, 10:12:49 PM »
Absolutely , positively, undeniably: retarded

oh and, from the makers of twilight... huge surprise!  ::)