Author Topic: Climate Change debunked.  (Read 3220 times)

mops

• Getbig IV
  • Never make snow angels in a dog park
Re: Climate Change debunked.
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2023, 11:01:34 PM »
Another approach to explain "climate change" is to quite literaly look to the stars..

How much has the Sun influenced Northern Hemisphere temperature trends? An ongoing debate

Updated: Mar 13, 2022

Most of the energy in the Earth’s atmosphere comes from the Sun. It has long been recognized that changes in the so-called “total solar irradiance” (TSI), i.e., the amount of energy emitted by the Sun, over the last few centuries, could have contributed substantially to recent climate change. However, this new study found that the UN’s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) only considered a small subset of the published TSI datasets when they were assessing the role of the Sun in climate change and that this subset only included “low solar variability” datasets. As a result, the IPCC was premature in ruling out a substantial role for the Sun in recent climate change. 

A new scientific review article has just been published on the role of the Sun in climate change over the last 150 years. It finds that the United Nations’ Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) may have been premature in their conclusion that recent climate change is mostly caused by human greenhouse gas emissions.

The paper by 23 experts in the fields of solar physics and of climate science from 14 different countries is published in the peer-reviewed journal, Research in Astronomy and Astrophysics (RAA). The paper, which is the most comprehensive to date, carries out an analysis of the 16 most prominent published solar output datasets, including those used by the IPCC. The researchers compared them to 26 different estimates of Northern Hemisphere temperature trends since the 19th century (sorted into five categories), including the datasets used by the IPCC. They focused on the Northern Hemisphere since the available data for the early 20th century and earlier is much more limited for the Southern Hemisphere, but their results can be generalized for global temperatures.

Illustration of how simply by using different datasets, scientists can come to completely different conclusions on the so-called “climate change attribution problem”, i.e., what we should attribute the causes of recent climate change to.

The study found that scientists come to opposite conclusions about the causes of recent climate change depending on which datasets they consider. For instance, in the graphs above, the panels on the left lead to the conclusion that global temperature changes since the mid-19th century have been mostly due to human-caused emissions, especially carbon dioxide (CO2), i.e., the conclusion reached by the UN IPCC reports.

In contrast, the panels on the right lead to the exact opposite conclusion, i.e., that the global temperature changes since the mid-19th century have been mostly due to natural cycles, chiefly long-term changes in the energy emitted by the Sun.

Both sets of panels are based on published scientific data, but each uses different datasets and assumptions. On the left, it is assumed that the available temperature records are unaffected by the urban heat island problem, and so all stations are used, whether urban or rural. On the right, only rural stations are used. Meanwhile, on the left, solar output is modelled using the low variability dataset that has been chosen for the IPCC’s upcoming (in 2021/2022) 6th Assessment Reports. This implies zero contribution from natural factors to the long-term warming. On the right, solar output is modelled using a high variability dataset used by the team in charge of NASA’s ACRIM sun-monitoring satellites. This implies that most, if not all, of the long-term temperature changes are due to natural factors.

Dr. Ronan Connolly, lead author of the study, at the Center for Environmental Research and Earth Sciences (CERES):

The IPCC is mandated to find a consensus on the causes of climate change. I understand the political usefulness of having a consensus view in that it makes things easier for politicians. However, science doesn’t work by consensus. In fact, science thrives best when scientists are allowed to disagree with each other and to investigate the various reasons for disagreement. I fear that by effectively only considering the datasets and studies that support their chosen narrative, the IPCC have seriously hampered scientific progress into genuinely understanding the causes of recent and future climate change. I am particularly disturbed by their inability to satisfactorily explain the rural temperature trends.”

The 68 page review (18 figures, 2 tables and 544 references) explicitly avoided the IPCC’s consensus-driven approach in that the authors agreed to emphasize where dissenting scientific opinions exist as well as where there is scientific agreement. Indeed, each of the co-authors has different scientific opinions on many of the issues discussed, but they agreed for this paper to fairly present the competing arguments among the scientific community for each of these issues, and let the reader make up their own mind. Several co-authors spoke of how this process of objectively reviewing the pros and cons of competing scientific arguments for the paper has given them fresh ideas for their own future research. The authors also spoke of how the IPCC reports would have more scientific validity if the IPCC started to adopt this non-consensus driven approach.

https://www.ceres-science.com/post/how-much-has-the-sun-influenced-northern-hemisphere-temperature-trends-an-ongoing-debate

https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1674-4527/21/6/131

IronMagazine.com

• Getbig IV
  • IronMag Bodybuilding Blog Online Since 2001
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2023, 11:27:29 PM »
no thanks.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2023, 12:31:16 AM »
Imagine that! The Sun has the largest impact of the temperature on Earth.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2023, 12:32:00 AM »
Go to China where they pollute out their collective ass and murdered all their newborn female babies.

You do realise the West offshored our pollution to China yeah?

Look at any product tag in your house and what will 95% of them say? ‘Made in China’.

The fallacy is people in the west think because they see no evil they do no evil.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2023, 12:42:04 AM »
You do realise the West offshored our pollution to China yeah?

Look at any product tag in your house and what will 95% of them say? ‘Made in China’.

The fallacy is people in the west think because they see no evil they do no evil.
People can ignore the child labor abuses as well.

kreator

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2023, 01:29:58 AM »
same scam as c0vid hahahaha

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2023, 03:15:01 AM »
If someone is caught littering, they should receive 25 years in prison.

Utterly disgusting behavior.
X

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
  • Libturdz Love The Caulk
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2023, 03:25:31 AM »

"Climate change"   ::) ::)

HA ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Sheep / Morons...  ::)

Dokey111

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2023, 05:46:23 AM »
Imagine that! The Sun has the largest impact of the temperature on Earth.

Right?  I always thought it was human ideologies.

mryorkielover

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2023, 11:15:01 AM »
People love to lump in pollution with "climate change". Yes, we can stop polluting this world and make it better. No, we cannot change how climate affects our planet. This planet has been going through cycles and changing for thousands of years before mankind was here and will continue to do so long after we are gone. Don't worry about the planet, it will be fine.  Worry about the humans who will delete themselves out of existence.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2023, 12:21:43 PM »
The Earth's climate has always changed. That's what the Earth does. Earth could have ended up like Venus, its sister planet. If you were transported to Venus' surface you'd vaporize in short order. People don't realize how lucky we are to have a planet we can live on. If you were transported to Earth 1-2 billion years ago you'd probably not survive very long.

The Gas Percentages of Earth's Early Atmosphere
Constant volcanic eruptions suggested that Earth's atmosphere was mainly carbon dioxide, with some water vapour and small amounts of nitrogen. Methane and ammonia were present in trace amounts. Oxygen was most likely absent entirely.

https://www.studysmarter.co.uk/explanations/combined-science/synergy/evolution-of-the-atmosphere/#:~:text=The%20Gas%20Percentages%20of%20Earth's%20Early%20Atmosphere,-It's%20impossible%20to&text=Constant%20volcanic%20eruptions%20suggested%20that,was%20most%20likely%20absent%20entirely.

2.7 billion years ago: Algae evolved. Atmospheric carbon dioxide decreased, replaced by oxygen.
1.8 billion years ago: The first eukaryotes evolved. These organisms are more complex than bacteria.
800 million years ago: The first simple animals evolved.
540 million years ago: Increased oxygen levels enabled rapid animal evolution. This period is known as the Cambrian Explosion.
200,000 years ago: Homo sapiens (modern humans) evolved on the continent of Africa.
200 years ago: Industrialisation began affecting the Earth's atmospheric composition and climate.

IronMagazine.com

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2023, 12:29:08 PM »
People love to lump in pollution with "climate change". Yes, we can stop polluting this world and make it better. No, we cannot change how climate affects our planet. This planet has been going through cycles and changing for thousands of years before mankind was here and will continue to do so long after we are gone. Don't worry about the planet, it will be fine.  Worry about the humans who will delete themselves out of existence.

^this

residue

• Getbig V
  • Adonis 3:16
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2023, 12:32:23 PM »

public lashing like singapore, i'm so onboard for that

IronMagazine.com

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2023, 12:40:30 PM »
25 years in prison for littering, so our police and courts can be tied up with litter bugs, and not fight real crime. #Genius

IronMagazine.com

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2023, 01:21:01 PM »
another billionaire climate change hypocrite getting off of his private jet.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2023, 01:24:55 PM »
we are a solar flare away from extinction...

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2023, 11:44:22 PM »
we are a solar flare away from extinction...
Women and minorities most effected.

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
  • Libturdz Love The Caulk
« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2024, 01:26:35 AM »

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2024, 03:00:01 AM »
Pretty basic stuff that helps clarify latest climate variations.

Marvin Martian

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2024, 03:56:15 AM »

I agree and it my opinion on littering has nothing to do with climate change at all.i know not everyone lives like me (my house is damn near sterile it’s so clean) and i know that my wife and I may be too OCD, but people just throwing shit out their car window or on the ground as they walk makes me want to beat them to a bloody pulp. Would they just throw shit on the floor in their home, or in their yard?

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2024, 04:03:58 AM »
Plastic recycling is yet another scam:

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2024, 04:44:53 AM »
Plastic recycling is yet another scam:

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2024, 05:05:32 AM »

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2024, 05:37:33 AM »
I'm gluing myself to this thread.

STOP OIL NOW!!!

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2024, 07:10:21 AM »
Remember the big lie. If we don't do something the sea water will rise destroying the planet. Yet, Obama and Biden live on ocean front property.  They don't have any fear of rising sea water. If that lie was true banks world wide wouldn't give 30 year mortgages to people that wanted to buy ocean front property. 

If we did absolutely nothing there would be no changes in 100 years due to cars and power plants that would effect our life style.