Author Topic: Cheney: Order to Shoot Down Hijacked 9/11 Planes 'Necessary'  (Read 1740 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Cheney: Order to Shoot Down Hijacked 9/11 Planes 'Necessary'
« on: September 04, 2011, 10:51:02 PM »
Watched this interview.  I think he's dying.  Would not surprise me if he is gone by the end of the year. 

Regarding shooting down the plane, talk about a gut-wrenching call. 

People can hate on Cheney, and some of it is deserved, but I'm glad he was in the White House after 911.  Couldn't imagine having people like Obama/Biden handling a crisis like that.   

Cheney: Order to Shoot Down Hijacked 9/11 Planes 'Necessary'
Published September 04, 2011
FoxNews.com

Former Vice President Dick Cheney on Sunday defended his Sept. 11, 2001, order to shoot down hijacked planes over Washington, saying the call was "necessary."

Cheney gave the authority under the assumption that planes were heading for the nation's capital after hitting the World Trade Center towers in New York City.

The orders were apparently never passed on to fighter pilots -- and came too late anyway, since the hijacked planes had already crashed.

But Cheney defended the call on principle.

"Frankly, I didn't pause to think about it very much," Cheney said on "Fox News Sunday." "Once one of those aircraft was hijacked, it was a weapon. ... I saw it as part of my responsibility."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/09/04/cheney-order-to-shoot-down-hijacked-11-planes-necessary/

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
Re: Cheney: Order to Shoot Down Hijacked 9/11 Planes 'Necessary'
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 05:34:24 AM »
What a brave hero.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011, 07:34:40 AM »
People can hate on Cheney, and some of it is deserved,

Really glad to read that from you.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2011, 07:41:49 AM »
Watched this interview.  I think he's dying.  Would not surprise me if he is gone by the end of the year.  

Regarding shooting down the plane, talk about a gut-wrenching call.  

He does act like a man who lost a lot of his venom, perhaps making peace.

Do you know why he's saying the order was necessary, but not saying the planes were shot down?

Because he knows that 40 to 60 years from now, the government will release the frozen and unredacted 911 records.  Same way we learned we started vietnam on a "middle mgmt error", etc.   And when that happens, we'll learn what kind of plane fired what kind of missile into flight 93, and where the point of impact was (remember the plane's debri was spread over 8 miles).    

Cheney is pre-empting history's judgement of him.  He knows that in 40 or 60 years, our grandkids will learn the Bush administration (and it was cheney, since Dubya was reading books at the time and only those 2 had shootdown power since norad was stripped of it in june 01)....    history will learn that he ordered the shootdown of US citizens.

He's just getting "on the record" with his justification of his actions that day.  Can't blame a dude for that.  With planes in 3 of 4 buildings, most of us would have given that same tough shootdown order.  But since he knows our enemies would use that fact against us (and good luck winning swing state Penn in 2004 knowing your splattered peolpe on their ground with your shootdown order - surely politics weighted into it).

Cheney's painting his legacy now.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2011, 09:03:11 AM »
He does act like a man who lost a lot of his venom, perhaps making peace.

Do you know why he's saying the order was necessary, but not saying the planes were shot down?

Because he knows that 40 to 60 years from now, the government will release the frozen and unredacted 911 records.  Same way we learned we started vietnam on a "middle mgmt error", etc.   And when that happens, we'll learn what kind of plane fired what kind of missile into flight 93, and where the point of impact was (remember the plane's debri was spread over 8 miles).    

Cheney is pre-empting history's judgement of him.  He knows that in 40 or 60 years, our grandkids will learn the Bush administration (and it was cheney, since Dubya was reading books at the time and only those 2 had shootdown power since norad was stripped of it in june 01)....    history will learn that he ordered the shootdown of US citizens.

He's just getting "on the record" with his justification of his actions that day.  Can't blame a dude for that.  With planes in 3 of 4 buildings, most of us would have given that same tough shootdown order.  But since he knows our enemies would use that fact against us (and good luck winning swing state Penn in 2004 knowing your splattered peolpe on their ground with your shootdown order - surely politics weighted into it).

Cheney's painting his legacy now.

LOL!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2011, 09:03:51 AM »
LOL!

it's true.  you can't argue a thing I said.  Cheney is making sure history views him favorably, can't blame him for that.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2011, 11:38:16 AM »
Cheney doesn't care about his legacy.  He's one of the most successful men in U.S. government/political history (when you look at the positions he has held).  He has more money than he can spend.  He has a family.  And there are a number people who agree with the way he did his job.

To say he cares about his legacy is pretty silly.  The man's whole attitude is indifference and even contempt when it comes to public opinion. 

So now it's 40 to 60 years from now when the lid will be blown off the evil government conspiracy to blow up the WTC, shoot a missile into the Pentagon, secretly land a plane in Pennsylvania, and kidnap and murder the passengers?  That's really funny.   :)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2011, 11:47:30 AM »
Cheney doesn't care about his legacy. 

Dick Cheney Defends his Legacy in New Book 'In My Time'

hahahahahahahahahahhaha

www.thedailybeast.com/.../dick-cheney-defends-his-legacy-in-new-... - CachedYou +1'd this publicly.
Aug 28, 2011 – The dark lord of American politics has a new book out, fiercely defending his legacy.

dude, really?  hahahahahha

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2011, 11:51:01 AM »
Cheney doesn't care about his legacy. 

hahahahahha hahahahah oh jeez hahahahahha hahahahah oh jeez hahahahahha hahahahah oh jeez hahahahahha hahahahah oh jeez hahahahahha hahahahah oh jeez hahahahahha hahahahah oh jeez hahahahahha hahahahah oh jeez hahahahahha hahahahah oh jeez hahahahahha hahahahah oh jeez hahahahahha hahahahah oh jeez hahahahahha hahahahah oh jeez hahahahahha hahahahah oh jeez hahahahahha hahahahah oh jeez hahahahahha hahahahah oh jeez hahahahahha hahahahah oh jeez hahahahahha hahahahah oh jeez

he just released a book defending his actions which comprise his legacy.

hahahahaha dude

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2011, 12:00:48 PM »
lol.  Really?  lol  

I wonder if his book shines the line on the evil government conspiracy?  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2011, 12:34:34 PM »
lol.  Really?  lol 

I wonder if his book

don't change the subject, cupcake.  You said he doesn't care about his legacy.  He's on a book tour doing nothing but defending his legacy lmao...

if he didn't care, he'd be sipping drinks on a beach somewhere.  He's wearing a tie and hocking a book when he doesn't need the money.  Oh he cares.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2011, 12:41:49 PM »
don't change the subject, cupcake.  You said he doesn't care about his legacy.  He's on a book tour doing nothing but defending his legacy lmao...

if he didn't care, he'd be sipping drinks on a beach somewhere.  He's wearing a tie and hocking a book when he doesn't need the money.  Oh he cares.

Wrong, little boy.  As he said during his interview (which I am certain you did not watch), he wrote a book because Bush, Rumsfeld, Rice, etc., wrote books.  He wanted to provide a view of the facts from his perspective.  Anyone who has actually listened to and watched Cheney the past 20+ years knows the man doesn't give a rip what people think about him. 

And YOU are the one who brought up that crackpot conspiracy theory garbage:

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2011, 01:01:35 PM »
Every interview he's done has mentioned he wanted to put things in historical perspective. He knows that his legacy will be written by retarded libs. 240 your info on any one subject is so thin.
L

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2011, 01:04:22 PM »
Every interview he's done has mentioned he wanted to put things in historical perspective. He knows that his legacy will be written by retarded libs. 240 your info on any one subject is so thin.

Why would it be written by retarded libs? Aren't their more conservatives in the US than anything else?

I'm sure I've seen that stated more than once on this board.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2011, 01:34:56 PM »
Every interview he's done has mentioned he wanted to put things in historical perspective.

wait - "historical perspective" = his legacy.

Bb says he doesn't care about that.