Author Topic: Cruz 2016  (Read 90577 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Cruz 2016
« Reply #225 on: February 03, 2014, 08:15:15 PM »
so you vote for someone who admits to voting for shit wo reading it.   FU commie

you mean just like every other person in Congress

I assume you've voted in the past so you've had to have done the same thing so essentially you just told yourself to FU

temple_of_dis

• Getbig III
  • togtfo
« Reply #226 on: February 05, 2014, 04:35:40 PM »
Cruz is cool and into small government.  Id vote for him but Rand and Walker might be even better.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #227 on: February 13, 2014, 04:17:43 PM »
Ted Cruz Introduces Anti-Gay Marriage Bill
Posted: 02/13/2014 12:41 pm EST Updated: 02/13/2014

WASHINGTON -- It seems Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) has taken up a new cause in Congress -- defending states' right to regulate marriage.

Amid a wave of court decisions striking down anti-gay marriage laws in states, the Texas Republican introduced a bill to the Senate Wednesday to amend U.S. law "with regard to the definition of 'marriage' and 'spouse' for Federal purposes and to ensure respect for State regulation of marriage." Sen. Mike Lee (R-Utah) is the bill's only co-sponsor so far.

The bill's authors sent out a release about the bill Thursday afternoon, saying "it will ensure the federal government gives the same deference to the 33 states that define marriage as the union between one man and one woman as it does to the 17 states that have chosen to recognize same-sex unions."

“I support traditional marriage. Under President Obama, the federal government has tried to re-define marriage, and to undermine the constitutional authority of each state to define marriage consistent with the values of its citizens,” Cruz said in a statement. “The Obama Administration should not be trying to force gay marriage on all 50 states. We should respect the states, and the definition of marriage should be left to democratically elected legislatures, not dictated from Washington. This bill will safeguard the ability of states to preserve traditional marriage for its residents.”

Cruz's bill comes after Rep. Randy Weber (R-Texas) introduced a bill in January called the "State Marriage Defense Act Of 2014," which would require federal agencies to look into a person's "legal residence" when determining marital status and how federal law would be applied.

In June the Supreme Court struck down the Defense of Marriage Act, which had barred the federal government from recognizing same-sex marriages. Since then, the federal government has allowed gay married couples to file jointly on federal tax returns regardless of state residence and has permitted the surviving spouse of gay married couples to collect Social Security benefits, along with an array of other benefits that were previously only available to heterosexual marriages.

Cruz warned of the dangers of gay marriage a month after the Supreme Court decision in a July 2013 interview with the Christian Broadcasting Network. "If you look at other nations that have gone down the road towards gay marriage, that’s the next step where it gets enforced," he said. "It gets enforced against Christian pastors who decline to perform gay marriages, who speak out and preach biblical truths on marriage."

While Cruz's bill has next to no chance of even coming up in the Democratic-controlled Senate, let alone being signed by President Barack Obama, it is a sign that gay marriage is still an issue among the conservative right. While Republican governors such as Chris Christie of New Jersey and Susana Martinez of New Mexico have decided not to fight gay marriage in their states despite being opposed to it, federal lawmakers have continued to introduce bills limiting its recognition.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/13/ted-cruz-gay-marriage-bill_n_4780699.html?&ir=Gay+Voices&ncid=tweetlnkushpmg00000054

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #228 on: February 13, 2014, 05:20:39 PM »
Ted Cruz Introduces Anti-Gay Marriage Bill
Posted: 02/13/2014 12:41 pm EST Updated: 02/13/2014

Haters will accuse Cruz of just sucking up to his base.

Most people will just accept this issue is so important to Cruz that he's willing to put it in front of things like healthcare, the economy, immigration, etc. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #229 on: February 13, 2014, 05:31:03 PM »
Haters will accuse Cruz of just sucking up to his base.

Most people will just accept this issue is so important to Cruz that he's willing to put it in front of things like healthcare, the economy, immigration, etc. 
LOL dont forget your knee pads, dont want those tooth pick knees to get scratched while youre deep throating for libs

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #230 on: February 13, 2014, 05:44:29 PM »
LOL dont forget your knee pads, dont want those tooth pick knees to get scratched while youre deep throating for libs

all kidding aside, do you consider this move by Cruz to be anything but sucking up to the far right BASE voters?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #231 on: February 13, 2014, 05:45:40 PM »
all kidding aside, do you consider this move by Cruz to be anything but sucking up to the far right BASE voters?
id say its pretty consistent with his beliefs and actions so far, so the better question is do you consider the majority of his previous actions "sucking up to his base"?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #232 on: February 13, 2014, 06:51:40 PM »
id say its pretty consistent with his beliefs and actions so far, so the better question is do you consider the majority of his previous actions "sucking up to his base"?

Also consistent with the constituents of his state, where they passed a traditional marriage constitutional amendment by more than seventy percent.  And traditional marriage is still on the books in thirty-three states. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #233 on: February 25, 2014, 01:55:36 PM »
Carville: Ted Cruz Would Make Great Candidate for Conservatives
Tuesday, 25 Feb 2014
By Greg Richter

Ted Cruz, the tea party Republican from Texas, may be exactly what frustrated conservatives are looking for in a presidential candidate, James Carville said Monday on the "Hannity" Fox News show.

Cruz is talented, "whip smart," "as educated a guy as you can be," and very good on his feet, the Democratic strategist said.

If he were a conservative "watching Michele Bachmann or Herman Cain is actually painful," he said. "Ted Cruz to a lot of people says what they're thinking in a very articulate way. He has great command of the language."

Carville said he's heard from many Republicans who tell him they're tired of going along with "establishment" presidential candidates who lose in the general election.

"We went with Bob Dole, we went with John McCain, we went with Mitt Romney," he quoted them as saying. "We went down this road, and everybody said this is the pragmatic thing to do, and it led us to defeat. Why don't we try to get somebody like a Ted Cruz?"

Cruz is undoubtedly skilled enough that he'll do very well in the primaries, Carville predicted.

"Whether he's going to be the nominee or not, I doubt that," he added. "But I think he's going to cause a lot of angst, and I think he's very good on his feet. If I were a conservative, if I were Sean Hannity, if I was Rush Limbaugh, I would like him because he makes the case that I want somebody to make to the American people."

Still, he said, Republicans will have to battle it out whether they want to stick with the pragmatism of a McCain or the idealism of a Cruz.

"That's a conflict that Republicans have got to flush out in 2016," he said.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/James-Carville-Ted-Cruz-election-Hannity/2014/02/25/id/554533#ixzz2uNC08LQC

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #234 on: February 25, 2014, 03:23:42 PM »
Carville = Captain Obvious :)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #235 on: February 25, 2014, 04:06:49 PM »
Dems would LOVE to see Cruz as the nominee

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #236 on: February 26, 2014, 08:41:27 AM »
Lmao could you imagine him debating joe biden

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #237 on: February 26, 2014, 10:14:44 AM »
Lmao could you imagine him debating joe biden

I've never seen Cruz debate, but I do think he would wipe the floor with Biden.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #238 on: February 26, 2014, 04:39:43 PM »
I've never seen Cruz debate, but I do think he would wipe the floor with Biden.

Never seen him debate, but do think he'd wipe the floor with Biden.  I can see how you arrived at that conclusion.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #239 on: February 26, 2014, 04:47:16 PM »
Cruz is a bomb thrower but doesn't actually have any plans or solutions to anything nor has he been put under the scrutiny of a national candidate

He's has a very slim chance of actually winning the nomination but Dems would LOVE it if he was the candidate

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #240 on: February 26, 2014, 04:51:26 PM »
Never seen him debate, but do think he'd wipe the floor with Biden.  I can see how you arrived at that conclusion.

Not apparent from what I wrote, but I've seen Biden debate and he's terrible.  I've seen Cruz give speeches and appear on shows, and read comments about his intellect from both liberals and conservatives, etc.  That's why I think he would kick Biden's butt. 

But I guess that's not saying a whole lot.  I think Palin was better in debates than he was, so Ryan, Hillary, and probably most of the other Democrats running in 2008.  That may explain why Democrats repeatedly rejected Biden as the nominee. 

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #241 on: February 26, 2014, 05:46:33 PM »
Lol palin. She was a fucking moron,with her catch phrases and winks  :D :D :D

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #242 on: February 26, 2014, 10:01:05 PM »
If memory serves, Uncle Joe debated Eddie Munster right after Obama laid the egg in the 1st debate with Mitt.  Also, if memory again serves, I believe Uncle Joe laid waste to the twerp and set the wheels in motion for Obama's ass-kicking of Mitt in the rematch and ultimate face fucking in the general election.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #243 on: February 26, 2014, 11:45:27 PM »
Cruz is a bomb thrower but doesn't actually have any plans or solutions to anything nor has he been put under the scrutiny of a national candidate

He's has a very slim chance of actually winning the nomination but Dems would LOVE it if he was the candidate

I want to disagree.... but the last FOUR repub nominees?

Two RINOS and a "compassionate Conservative" twice. 

The last TRUE conservative... tough question.... Reagan?  Um, lots of liberal policies there too.

Typically, most repubs WANT a true conservative, but there are 6 of them in the race, and 2 RINOS... and the conservatives always get their 10% each while the #1 RINO wins with 24% lol.   shocking... 60%+ of the repubs want a non-RINO, yet they always end up with one...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #244 on: February 27, 2014, 08:18:44 AM »
Colin Cowherd did a piece on hispanics/repubs/cruz/rubio today.

He said 2 days after the 2016 election (where obama got 71% of hispanic vote and Romney got 27%)...

Hannity went on TV and OFFICIALLY reversed his anti-amnesty position for FOX news, and the network just changed positions instantly. 

And, the GOP instantly made Rubio & Cruz their two biggest stars, scooting some other repubs that have more experience to the side because, well, they wanted to adapt and win that hispanic vote.  Tough to disagree.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #245 on: February 27, 2014, 08:40:03 AM »
I want to disagree.... but the last FOUR repub nominees?

Two RINOS and a "compassionate Conservative" twice.  

The last TRUE conservative... tough question.... Reagan?  Um, lots of liberal policies there too.

Typically, most repubs WANT a true conservative, but there are 6 of them in the race, and 2 RINOS... and the conservatives always get their 10% each while the #1 RINO wins with 24% lol.   shocking... 60%+ of the repubs want a non-RINO, yet they always end up with one...

the last 4 Repub Nominees were

Bush
Bush
McCain
Romney

McCain lost his marbles during the election (remember him one day saying the fundamentals of the economy are strong and the next day shutting down his campaign? and of course Palin turned out to be POISON)

Romney - bad candidate from the beginning but still the Repubs knew they had to choose him because who else were they going to run.  I think at that point every other idiot had been on top for a few weeks and the last of the bunch to hold that place was Santorum.  Were they really going to run Santorum?

Repubs have the same problem this year and that's because it's endemic to their party as a whole.  They have driven out the reasonable moderates who are electable while the country as a whole is shifting to the center both socially and fiscally

from the NYT article posted in another thread about Obama's poll ratings:

A majority of Americans surveyed also said they wanted both parties to do more to address the concerns of the middle class, reduce the budget deficit with both tax increases and spending cuts, and let illegal immigrants stay in the country and apply for citizenship. Mr. Obama shares those positions on the budget and immigration.

Cruz has no answers to any of this shit.  His sole purpose in life is to throw ideological fits

Remember how soundly he was criticized by his own party for forcing a government shutdown with no exit strategy.

The guy is not POTUS material but he will be a nice edition to the 2016 clown car

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #246 on: February 27, 2014, 09:53:32 AM »
If memory serves, Uncle Joe debated Eddie Munster right after Obama laid the egg in the 1st debate with Mitt.  Also, if memory again serves, I believe Uncle Joe laid waste to the twerp and set the wheels in motion for Obama's ass-kicking of Mitt in the rematch and ultimate face fucking in the general election.

LOLOLOL at Biden 'laying waste' to anything other than the country or his toilet every morning

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #247 on: February 27, 2014, 10:26:54 AM »

That's not my recollection.  Biden was terrible x 2.  Talking loudly, interrupting, sarcasm, rudeness, etc. are not good debate techniques. 

But never fear:  looks like you'll have an opportunity to watch him in action again in the Democrat primary.   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #248 on: February 27, 2014, 10:34:44 AM »
In the Veep debate, Biden was a loud idiotic douchebag BUT he was able to bully Ryan.

Nobody expected uncle Joe to be einstein up in that room.  But many thought Paul Ryan would prove he had what everyone wondered - BALLS.  We know he had the hair, the brains, the experience, the background, the ideology, the speech, the state, all that... but nobody knew if this man - who wanted to be a heartbeat away from the presidency - had the balls to tell the crazy old man in the room to sit down and STFU. 

if crazy uncle joe could make it a loud draw, obama won.  Being polite and sipping water and watching the clock didn't show Ryan to be a grownup yet.  Maybe he'll get there for 2020 or 2024, he's bright and young.  But would JFK or Clinton (both that young also) have sat at that table and let uncle joe biden shout them down all night?  NOPE.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #249 on: February 28, 2014, 11:53:06 AM »
Ted Cruz Is Superstar at Tea Party Anniversary
Friday, 28 Feb 2014 11:10 AM
By John Gizzi

At the fifth anniversary celebration of Tea Party Patriots, one of the nation's largest conservative grass-roots organizations, the group's biggest political hero was Republican Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas.

Although Cruz's conservative GOP colleagues Rand Paul of Kentucky and Mike Lee of Utah were given warm welcomes by the hundreds of tea partiers at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Washington, D.C., the Texan drew the loudest applause for his remarks and was mobbed by the largest flock of autograph-seekers.

"We are making the case for the American people, and let me tell you, I'm absolutely convinced we are going to repeal every single word of Obamacare," Cruz said to a prolonged ovation.

At a briefing with reporters following his address, Cruz told Newsmax that he is not concerned that a national leader has not yet emerged for grass-roots conservatives as Ronald Reagan did in the late 1970s.

Emphasizing his opinion that the tea party movement "emerged from the people, and the American people are its leaders," Cruz said, "I also see an abundance of leaders stepping forward." Although he did not name them, the senator said he considered "anyone who is standing up for the Constitution" as a leader.

"It would be wonderful if 10, 12, or 15 leaders would stand up and make the case for getting back to the Constitution and the fundamental principles that made American great," said Cruz, who is frequently mentioned as a Republican presidential candidate in 2016.

Cruz also praised House Republicans for providing what he called "the only oversight" of the Obama administration.

Cruz recalled how earlier in the week, he had offered a measure in the Senate Judiciary Committee to "make it a criminal offense to target and harass someone because of political views." All the Democrats on the committee voted against his bill, Cruz said.

Noting that it has been nine months since the revelations of the IRS' targeting of conservative tea party groups and President Barack Obama saying he was "embarrassed" by the IRS behavior, Cruz pointed out that "there has been no one indicted so far. The Democrats are now openly embracing the notion that the IRS should not be held accountable."

Cruz held back on saying who he voted for by absentee ballot in the Republican Senate primary next Tuesday. Candidates include fellow Texas Sen. John Cornyn and Rep. Steve Stockman, a tea party-backed insurgent.

"I'm not involved in the race," Cruz told reporters. "I tend to stay out of incumbent primaries. I trust the grass-roots."

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Ted-Cruz-tea-party-patriots/2014/02/28/id/555347#ixzz2ueFquLP7